Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 229230231232233 289>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Muslimah Dominicana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Muslimah Dominicana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 10:30am
Originally posted by CurlyMeema CurlyMeema wrote:

Originally posted by Muslimah Dominicana Muslimah Dominicana wrote:

Originally posted by CurlyMeema CurlyMeema wrote:

I fid the Cherry Lola overnight last night and my hair was crunchy th u should morning. I have been conditioning it all day today and put the clay on for overnight. My hair felt better wit the deep conditioning.

Peace, Queen!! €:) I'm glad your hair is feeling better!! Yes, I'm no expert, but I learned that it is very important for you to deep condition after a protein treatment to balance the PH or moisture level... I wish      I knew this before because I use to just set my hair in roller set thinking I was all set... Now I know why my hair felt so stiff after a protein treatment... If you can, please post any observation, pros or cons that you may notice... Best of Luck!!

Thanks.  After leaving the condition in for 14 hours (I also steamed for an hour) and then sleeping with the clay my hair felt MUCH better.  I have more coils and no crunch.  I tried to post a picture but I received an error.  I did the 2nd day of the 7 day challenge (up to clay and slept with the clay last night), I was  able to wash the clay out and style and still get to work on time this morning though I did plop out some of the moisture so that I didn't arrive to work with dripping hair.

Wonderful!! I'm happy to hear you are loving your results!! Sounds like your curls are Popping!! I'm over hear getting all my little goodies ready to start mixing my Cherry Cola Caramel Goodness!! I just realized I made a mistake & bought Fat Free Greek Yogurt... I'm believe it'll be less Moisturizing than the Full Fat... Which is the one recommended in the recipe, I believe... I'm hoping it doesn't affect anything... We'll see!! I'm still excited, though!! lol #TeamMaximumHydration!! #BecauseWeAreWorthIt!! ~_~ xoxo

Edited by Muslimah Dominicana - Aug 11 2014 at 10:34am
Sponsored Links

Crownstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Crownstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 11:42am
GIVEAWAY – WINNERS!

The winners of the TREsemme’ Radiant Volume with Sweet Orange and Lemongrass Radiant Volume Conditioner giveaway are:

Tallbeautie (US)
            SOLOMONSYDELLE (Int’l)

Congratulations to you both!

I’ve gone to the post office and your packages are on there way! I’ve sent you both emails with anticipated delivery dates… I hope you enjoy the product!
Tallbeautie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tallbeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Crownstar Crownstar wrote:

GIVEAWAY – WINNERS!

The winners of the TREsemme’ Radiant Volume with Sweet Orange and Lemongrass Radiant Volume Conditioner giveaway are:

Tallbeautie (US)
            SOLOMONSYDELLE (Int’l)

I’ve gone to the post office and your packages are on there way! I’ve sent you both emails with anticipated delivery dates… I hope you enjoy the product!

Thank you again!! Can't wait to try it.
Ethomas137 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ethomas137 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 5:40pm
Hey,
I did my first twists yesterday. My hair came out great. I am not a wng person. I had only tried a wng before starting this method once or twice. Even with the method I get a wash n fro lol. The twists were great. I also stretched them.  I live in nyc so wng will not be for me when the weather gets cold.
solomonsydelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Crownstar Crownstar wrote:

GIVEAWAY – WINNERS!

Tallbeautie (US)
            SOLOMONSYDELLE (Int’l)

Yay!

Thanks for your generosity, crownstar! I truly appreciate it.
Joja1107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Joja1107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 8:34pm
I tried it full strength too, still no slip. It feels kind of... Idk, squeaky?  Maybe I need more conditioner. I tried it with oil too...it was the same. Im not stingy with it either. 
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Joja1107 Joja1107 wrote:

I tried it full strength too, still no slip. It feels kind of... Idk, squeaky?  Maybe I need more conditioner. I tried it with oil too...it was the same. Im not stingy with it either. 
HI Joja, The squeaky feeling is a classic sign you aren't applying enough gel to your hair. You will know when you are applying enough as it will feel slippery. If you aren't applying enough it will feel squeaky, and that means you haven't fully distributed the product. It also helps to do this in sections, so you can make sure each strand is properly sealed.

Edited by pinkecube - Aug 11 2014 at 8:39pm
DominicanMorenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 10:04pm

Originally posted by DominicanMorenita DominicanMorenita wrote:

Originally posted by DominicanMorenita DominicanMorenita wrote:

HELLO! HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING?... MY HAIR IS GROWING LIKE CRAZY AND MY BOLD SPOT IS GROWING TOO!! THANKS TO THIS MHM...Big smile

Hola Morenita!! :-D

Felicidades en tu progreso!! €:) Yo solo estoy en mi segunda semana y lo eh completado 6 vecez... Todavía no eh visto grancambio pero si me ayudo bastante con la caída de pelo y el desenredo que era mi mayor problema!! Y tu que tiempo tienes que comensaste? Y en que tiempo comensaste a ver resultados? Porfavor comparte consejos o tips que te ayudaron ver resultados el tu pelo y crecer tu pelo puedes.. €:( Gracias Y Buena Suerte!! €:) xoxo
Hola... Como estas? yo tengo mas de dos meses usando este metodo, pinke me aconsejo acondicionador profundo por dos semanas, no lo hice al pie de la letra, pero trate, y tengo un claro del tamano de 25centavos, fui al dermatologo y nada de crecer , despues de haber comenzado este metodo , ya comenzo a crecer, el metodo lo hago siguiendo todos los pasos, alterno el uso del bicarbonate y el vinagre, uso mas el vinagre, pues estimula el crecimiento del cambello,y por eso creo que me ha crecido mas rapido. Otra cosa que hago es que uso aceite de oliva extra virgin una vez por semana en el craneo, y trato de poner mi cabeza hacia abajo por unos minutos, o sobre todo cuando hago ejercicios, eso estimula el flujo de sangre que contribuye al crecimiento del cabello. Tambien uso gengibre, lo majo y lo cuelo y el agua me la unto en todo el craneo y lo dejo en mi cabello y al otro dia me lo saco. Bueno... Espero serte de ayuda... Dios te bendice!

Muchisimas gracias, Morenita!! Voy a tratar tus técnicas a ver si me funcionan!! Yo también tengo un claro de tanto haberme coli-dejas... Pero el mío viene siendo del size de 2 quarters... €:( En los dos lados.. €:( Me alegro mucho por ti, sabes... Porque yo sueño con el día que me pueda hacer un moño elegante, up-dos o twist sin tener que verme esa calvita... >:( Me pudieras decir exactamente como haces el método posta hacerte crecer el claro? Yo usaba la gótica Cren de Alter Ego... Y me mejoro un poco pero no por completo... El proceso es solamente 2 semanas? No se te reseca el pelo durante todo ese tiempo? Cuanto tiempo tienes haciendo ese método? Y en que tiempo comensaste a ver resultado? Que tanto crecimiento has logrado en el claro? Perdona por tanta preguntas, pero es que después de tantos años y gastar tanto dinero con poco resultados, ya había perdido esperanza... €:( Gracias a Dios por nuestra querida hermana, Pinke!! €:") Tan bella persona que ella es, Dios la Bendiga!! Estoy súper emocionada y fascinada con los resultados de este método!! :-D Agradezco mucho tu ayuda, Querida!! €:) DTB!! xoxo
Hola... Pinke me dijo por dos semanas y luego lo repitiera, no lo he repetido. Y no el cabello no se reseco, porque siempre estuve con un gorro plastico, aproveche que los ninos estaban de vacaciones y no sali a ningun lado por esas dos semanas lol. En el pelado que tengo ahi no habia una sola hebra de cabello y ahora va llenandose, mas lento que los demas cabellos pero se esta llenando... Usa en gengibre tambien, eso ayuda mucha, majalo y exprimes el juguito y te lo pones donde esta pelado y te lo dejas de un dia para otro, vas a sentir un ardorsito, pero se quita , precisamente por eso estimula el crecimiento del cabello.. Hice el tratamiento de las dos semanas de la manera siguiente: clarifique el cabello con apple cider vinegar organico, lo deje por media hora con un gorro puesto, luego me lo saque y procedi con el clay, lo deje por media hora y luego aplique mi acondicionar kcnt, y me puse el gorro en la cabeza, parece una locular pero me lo deje por dos semanas, la primera vez que lo intente no llegue a los tres dias, pero despues me acostumbre jajajaja y no me dio comezon ni nada y cuando me lo quite el cabello estaba bien suave, el asunto es que como a las dos semanas empece a ver el pelado negro y pense que era algo malo y luego me di cuenta que el cabello estaba creciendo. Pero no se si se debio al acondicionador de dos se manas o porque ya tenia varias semanas usando el clay y vinagre ... Un placer ... Dios te bendiga!
lovemycoils03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by tyniagf1 tyniagf1 wrote:

Ok so I tried what pinkecube said and basically got more meticulous with my clay step. My hair normally looked white with it on but i still would see i guess you would call it a lot of halo frizz around my coils. So i just added more to my head this time. Also normally on friday i would start the regimen and sleep with the dc in my hair, well the last two times i sleep with the clay in my hair. seemed like the dc was about to start bothering my scalp. So i think adding more clay really really help. I see a lot less frizz and one of my coworkers just noticed the same thing, she said the curls look way more defined and separated today.
Nice! Being heavy handed with the clay also made a difference for me too. Glad to hear it's helping. I slept with the clay for the first time last night and the definition in my problem areas definitely improved. The tangles were banana's despite rolling and pinning the hair, but that clay though... 
I think I'll just have to give in and trim my ends despite having trimmed it shortly before starting MHM. Sigh.
cdncoily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdncoily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

My experience with shea butter based products have personally ended pretty disappointingly. I didn't use this specific product, but a key thing I notice as a problem is instead of the first ingredient being water, it is a shea extract, and then right after it is shea butter. I tried a conditioner I saw at vitamin shoppe because it was big and cheap. The product also had emulsifying wax as well.

But basically when I tried this, it had no slip, wasn't moisturizing, left my hair extrememly white, to the point where nothing I did would get it off despite me having watered it down, and then it left flakes in my hair. So I never specifically considered my self sensitive to products with shea butter, I just found them ineffective.

Shea moisture was never something my hair really seemed to responded to, something about these shea based products-- the formulation just makes it squeaky and devoid of any slip and it didn't feel moisturizing. But it is possible that is my sensitivity causing it to feel that way.

I think that squeaky unmoisturizing nature comes from shea butter. The sitting white on top of my hair thing probably comes from the emulsifying wax too. I feel like this would be a much better formulation if the ingredient list for the first one looked like this:

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Behentrimonium Chloride, Aqueous Shea Leaf (Butyrospermum parkii) Extract, Handcrafted Shea (Butyrospermum parkii) Butter, , Palm Stearic Acid, Emulsifying Wax, Lavender Essential Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid.

instead of:

Aqueous Shea Leaf (Butyrospermum parkii) Extract, Handcrafted Shea
(Butyrospermum parkii) Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Behentrimonium
Chloride, Emulsifying Wax, Palm Stearic Acid, Lavender Essential Oil,
Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid.

The one I used was similar to the formulation you are showing me, but I have to grab the bottle and find out the specific name. Either way it seems like 2/3 of what you showed me has no no ingredients. The every day shea I find to just be an ineffective formulation. Emulsifying wax is an ingredient I feel suspicious about as well, but it is water soluble, so.. maybe only use it as a cleanser not, a DC or leave in.
Pinkecube, thank you so much! Since it started with an "aqueous" extract I'd thought maybe it would be different but in the past when I tried pure shea butter on my hair it was a waxy mess for sure (regardless of whether it was mixed with oil or heated up). I trust your instincts on this because everything you've said has been working for me so far. The closer I can stick to the original regimen, the better my results are.

And GOOD NEWS: After all this searching and checking out alternative products, I finally found the approved Tresemme conditioner! I thought there was no hope I'd ever see the right one, lol. I tried it out as a cowash yesterday (I stuck with KCKT for DC) and then as a leave-in this morning and I already knew I'd love it, but wow. I knew I could trust you guys on this even though I've had *terrible* experience with Tresemme in the past (with or without cones, lol). I've gained so much product knowledge and my hair has improved so much. I'm immensely grateful!

Here are my answers to your survey:

1. Are you seeing results with MHM, or have been at a standstill?

Yes:
- gradually increasing definition
- deeper colour (not as dull I think) & more shine
- increasing ease with detangling
- hair soaks up water & conditioner now like it never did before
- ...meaning less need for conditioner! :D
- incredible softness & pliability when wet (no product)

2. How long have you completed the regimen?(day/wk/mnths) Have you been doing your hair at least every 3 days?
~ 3 weeks, always kept within 3 days at the most (but never quite did the 7 days straight at any point and at times only did cowash + GHE)

3. Did you do a lot of protein treatments or practice use of heavy protein products before starting MHM?
No, I don't think so

4. In your old regimen, did you GHE/DC/Steam in your old regimen regularly?

Not regularly. (GHE was only very rarely.)

5. Did you do the CG method before starting MHM?
I've tried parts of it in the past but when I started MHM I had been using Herbal Essences (shampoo was once a week) and Sof N' Free curl activator gel Embarrassed

6. Do you encorporate DCing GHE or steam now?
I either GHE or DC every night now! :D

7. What other options/versions are you doing? DC/Steam/Warm condish, BS, ACV?
BS (15 mins), DC (either let it sit in steamy shower or overnight DC)

8. What is your hair porosity and curl type?
Low porosity, 4a (possibly also 4b???) with a few spots of stray, random 3c mixed in

9. Are you using the approved products?
I am now! :D (First week, I used products that were close but not quite approved, next two weeks I used all approved products except cowash. Now that I have a decent amount of approved conditioner, I'm starting off again with 100% approved products on all steps. I'm due for my 2nd cherry lola soon.)

10. How long is your hair? TWA? Brastrap? (don't give inches but something general to visualize)
Wet: bottom of my neck (edit: I said 1/3 down before but I just length checked & it's longer!)
Dry: ear-to-chin level (my coils are getting tighter now; lots of shrinkage but that's fine!)
(not stretched)

11. How does your hair look like during the clay step? Is it weighed down, white, and looks like each curl unit is coated?
Once I figured out the consistency that works for me (like a runny milkshake), I found it worked well to coat my hair. (My most stubborn area is around the very top of my head though, where products seem to run off too easily. I get better results if I keep re-applying/smoothing my clay/gel there.)

12. What are you using for the clay step specifically?
- I was using gray kaolin clay. I just finished that off and will now be moving on to green clay though. (edit: forgot to say I was leaving out oil for a bit but will be adding oil and honey in it again, starting next batch)

13. What products are you using?
KCKT/KCCC (I did a test on the Tresemme but I'm saving that for later now)

14. Do you water down your conditioner? Do you find it works better without or doesn't make a difference?
I go full strength for cowash but for leave-in, I can't decide which I like better right now, tbh. I think watering it down into a squeeze bottle saves product and helps distribute it evenly but patting my hair down with a bit of conditioner in my palms, rewetting slightly, and then shaking saves time, and is better for preserving definition (so far). And since I stepped up my frequency of doing the regimen my hair is drying softer and softer, regardless of which way I choose.

15. Do you detangle with your fingers or a comb?
Fingers

16. Are you natural or transitioning?
2 yrs natural

17. Do you have hair color?
None

18. Do you section your hair to apply stuff? Do you apply stuff starting from the scalp/root?
I don't section but I do apply as close to the root as I can manage. It has gotten a lot easier since my hair started softening up and clumping. Lightly patting leave-in or gel in by my roots, rewetting slightly, and then shaking my whole head does wonders.

19. Do you do the steps on soaking wet hair?
Always. (+ splash-and-shake has nearly eliminated crunchiness from gel)

Edited by cdncoily - Aug 12 2014 at 6:24pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 229230231232233 289>
  Share Topic