Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 227228229230231 278>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Muslimah Dominicana Muslimah Dominicana wrote:

Originally posted by naturallyme247 naturallyme247 wrote:

I was wondering how long you guys stayed in your hair (meaning putting products in and detangling) since you've started the max hydration method? I personally don't stay long in my hair at all. The method takes me two days to finish since I split it night and day. But for a majority of the time I'm simply putting the product in my hair (I rake it through my hair downwards to help make the process go faster and it takes me about five minutes to get everything in my hair) and then for the rest I'm simply waiting while doing other stuff. I wash it out, which takes another five minutes...then put conditioner in and roll and tuck (10 min)...then bed. I stay the longest in my hair while detangling but since the roll and tuck method and because my hair is starting to get hydrated it takes me about 10 mintues to finger detangle in the morning. Some one wrote about the method and said she stayed 45 minutes in her hair while doing the method. She didn't specify which regime she chose..so maybe she was doing it all in one sweep...which if your natural isn't all that long. Before the max hydration...I stayed the same amount of time in my hair during wash day. Everyday would be a headache though..but there are other regimen so you don't have to do that everyday. Just sick of people complain how time consuming this method is...when it's not? 

Wow... Thats wonderful, unfortunately for me it also happens to be a little time consuming, but its absolutely worth every bit of it & it gets better & easier even though it still always takes me about the same time because of my length... I'm only on my 6th completion of the full method going on my 3rd week.. It actually takes me an average of 45 minutes per every application... about about 45 mins for Acv, 45 mins to apply Conditioner & about 30 mins to apply the gel... I wish it didn't take so long for me, otherwise I would've totally completed the 5 steps every single day to speed up the process of achieving Maximum Hydration!! I split it on 2 days for now... I Deep condition overnight & then apply the clay for a few hours & sometimes drop condition with the clay overnight as well & proceed with strop 4&5 the following day & start again with step 1 the next day... I'm trying bit to extend my wash&go yet until Im atleast a month into doing the MHM everyday or seeing significant difference in Hydration... I usually like to let the Acv rinse sit for 1-1/2 hr... & I like to take my time applying & massaging each product to my scalp... I think taking its very important that we take our time to massage the products into our scalp & stimulating our scalp to increase circulation & bood flow... I believe this is the key part of this regimen that will help us all grow our hair in a much faster & healthier rate than when our pores were clogged with build up & our scalp was but receiving that constant daily massage & simulation to help increase or circulation to help our follicles... Whether we take the time to  do this or not may be a big difference in our results as individuals...  Fyi: I really used to like the slip from the baking soda rinse but I stopped using the baking soda because it was itching my scalp too much so I decided to stick with the Organic Acv, plus it has alot more health benefits anyway... But I really didn't like how the plain water & Acv felt on my hair, so I experimented & started adding about 2-3oz of Conditioner to my  Acv & I absolutely loveee the slip & moisture that it adds & it smells alot better than the plain vinegar & feels so much better on my hair!! I feel like I'm deep conditioning twice!! Try it if you haven't, Sis!! I'm sure you'll love it!! #TeamMaximumHydration!! :-D BecauseWeAreWorthIt!! ~_~ xoxo

We know some people just like to complain and have something to say. That is just the nature of people. 

I think how long it takes varies with the persons coil definition, hydration levels, density, coil size and possibly length. 

My wash day has always been long. I have high shrinkage, high density, 4b, low porosity hair. I have seen people with low density and maybe even normal density hair do things I could never do. 

This is not a complain, this is just sharing the facts. For me this regimen is time consuming primarily because it takes a long time to work products into my hair. I literally have to separate my hair section by section to work in the conditioner, mud, leave-in and gel. So each of those steps takes me 15 to 20 minutes. There is no putting a product on and just running my fingers through my hair. Then when I finally do finish the regimen because I have 0 coils I have to spend another 1.5 to 2 hours twisting it up. On the weekend that isn't so bad but mid-week because I get home at 6:30, it literally puts me in the bed at 1:30.

Splitting it into two days doesn't work for me because even if I did the clay, leave-in and gel in the morning, I have no way to style my hair because I can't do a WNG. I just end up with a very shrunken afro. 

However, I think the people complaining the loudest have never tried the regimen. 

I think if I can ever get some coil definition things will be easier. If I don't get any noticeable coil definition by the end of September I will probably have to just do the regimen once a week until my hair gets long enough that I can style my hair in a hour. Doing a 4 to 5 hour regimen mid-week isn't sustainable for me long term.

I do believe that most people can do the regimen in a shorter period of time that is workable. And I think with everyone trying it and sharing experiences many alternatives will be offered that work for a wide range of people.

I love my thick hair but sometimes midway through I'm cursing her LOL

Edited by DenzKoils - Aug 10 2014 at 12:59pm
Sponsored Links

naturallyme247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturallyme247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 12:57pm

Originally posted by naturallyme247 naturallyme247 wrote:

I was wondering how long you guys stayed in your hair (meaning putting products in and detangling) since you've started the max hydration method? I personally don't stay long in my hair at all. The method takes me two days to finish since I split it night and day. But for a majority of the time I'm simply putting the product in my hair (I rake it through my hair downwards to help make the process go faster and it takes me about five minutes to get everything in my hair) and then for the rest I'm simply waiting while doing other stuff. I wash it out, which takes another five minutes...then put conditioner in and roll and tuck (10 min)...then bed. I stay the longest in my hair while detangling but since the roll and tuck method and because my hair is starting to get hydrated it takes me about 10 mintues to finger detangle in the morning. Some one wrote about the method and said she stayed 45 minutes in her hair while doing the method. She didn't specify which regime she chose..so maybe she was doing it all in one sweep...which if your natural isn't all that long. Before the max hydration...I stayed the same amount of time in my hair during wash day. Everyday would be a headache though..but there are other regimen so you don't have to do that everyday. Just sick of people complain how time consuming this method is...when it's not? 

Wow... Thats wonderful, unfortunately for me it also happens to be a little time consuming, but its absolutely worth every bit of it & it gets better & easier even though it still always takes me about the same time because of my length... I'm only on my 6th completion of the full method going on my 3rd week.. It actually takes me an average of 45 minutes per every application... about about 45 mins for Acv, 45 mins to apply Conditioner & about 30 mins to apply the gel... I wish it didn't take so long for me, otherwise I would've totally completed the 5 steps every single day to speed up the process of achieving Maximum Hydration!! I split it on 2 days for now... I Deep condition overnight & then apply the clay for a few hours & sometimes drop condition with the clay overnight as well & proceed with strop 4&5 the following day & start again with step 1 the next day... I'm trying bit to extend my wash&go yet until Im atleast a month into doing the MHM everyday or seeing significant difference in Hydration... I usually like to let the Acv rinse sit for 1-1/2 hr... & I like to take my time applying & massaging each product to my scalp... I think taking its very important that we take our time to massage the products into our scalp & stimulating our scalp to increase circulation & bood flow... I believe this is the key part of this regimen that will help us all grow our hair in a much faster & healthier rate than when our pores were clogged with build up & our scalp was but receiving that constant daily massage & simulation to help increase or circulation to help our follicles... Whether we take the time to  do this or not may be a big difference in our results as individuals...  Fyi: I really used to like the slip from the baking soda rinse but I stopped using the baking soda because it was itching my scalp too much so I decided to stick with the Organic Acv, plus it has alot more health benefits anyway... But I really didn't like how the plain water & Acv felt on my hair, so I experimented & started adding about 2-3oz of Conditioner to my  Acv & I absolutely loveee the slip & moisture that it adds & it smells alot better than the plain vinegar & feels so much better on my hair!! I feel like I'm deep conditioning twice!! Try it if you haven't, Sis!! I'm sure you'll love it!! #TeamMaximumHydration!! :-D BecauseWeAreWorthIt!! ~_~ xoxo

It takes you 45 min to apply? Yeah and splitting it really saves with time. The only time I ever do anything in one sweep is when I have a date or something to do at night...which then the method will be done before hand in the morning. But thanks, I just wanted to know why people were taking so long. 
pdthompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote pdthompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 3:39pm
I have used the baking soda and white vinegar for my tub when I used clay washes and on hair clogs and it works.  It is a lot cheaper and natural than other commercial products.  I was surprise how effective it was but it does work.  The clay recipe in the MHM is watered down which should not be as problematic with the plumbing like other clay recipes which result in a thicker consistency.  
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 4:26pm

Question: Has anyone done the Cherry cola caramel treatment overnight? I am protein sensitive & I'm afraid to go on protein overload if I do this but I would love to do this if out can benefit me without any unnecessary breakage or fallouts... If if anyone has done this, how do you feel your hair had reacted to cherry cola overnight? Any Pros or Cons? Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated... Thank you in advance!!
Hi Muslimah, No, you don't need to sleep with it overnight. Wear it for 2 hours before rinsing it out and deep conditioning overnight with conditioner or GHE. I  have never slept with cherry lola in my hair, but I have slept with the clay and had no issues. It isn't really going to absorb into your hair, because the proteins are large to really do that. And the liquid amino acids are smaller than proteins enough they rinse out easily. So I think it is unlikely for you to get protein overload from this.

Edited by pinkecube - Aug 10 2014 at 4:26pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by nikki323 nikki323 wrote:

I am happy to have the courage to post in here. I’ve been following this post since may.

Now, it’s time to tell you my experience.  First of all I am thankful for this method Pinke. I really

Feel it is going to change alot in my hair. And I have already seen improovement.

But I have some issue and need some advice with knots and tangles when hair dries.

My hair is far from root to tip hydration. Well I think at some areas it is not far.

But lord these tangles !!!

Any help ?

1. Are you seeing results with MHM, or have been at a standstill?
I've seen some progress at the begining(Softness) when wet.

But I still have knots and tangles ??

2. How long have you completed the regimen?(day/wk/mnths) Have you been doing your hair at least every 3 days?
I have done 33 days(Since 25 may) and I am doing MHM every 2 or 3 days.

3. Did you do a lot of protein treatments or practice use of heavy protein products before starting MHM?
No

4. In your old regimen, did you GHE/DC/Steam in your old regimen regularly?
Not regularly!

5. Did you do the CG method before starting MHM?
Not really. I tried like 1 week.

6. Do you encorporate DCing GHE or steam now? 

Yes I DC and sometimes Steam.

7. What other options/versions are you doing? DC/Steam/Warm condish, BS, ACV?
ACV

8. What is your hair porosity and curl type?
4C or 4D, low porosity(But not sure)

9. Are you using the approved products? 
Yes

10. How long is your hair? TWA? Brastrap? (don't give inches but something general to visualize) 

Ear length when stretched

11. How does your hair look like during the clay step? Is it weighed down, white, and looks like each curl unit is coated?
The clay on my hair is white, a sligtly weighed weighed and all my strands are saturates.

12. What are you using for the clay step specifically?
Bentonite clay recipe, Honey, Olive oil.

1 cup Bentonite clay (Indian Healing clay), 1tbsp olive oil, 1tbsp honey, and 3 or more cups water.

The clay mixture is nice and creamy

13. What products are you using?

Step 1 - BS/Conditioner(KKNT or TJTTT)- watered most of the time

Step 2- KKNT (watered down)  for 1h

Step 3- Bentonite Clay

Step 4 - KKNT(Watered Down) after I sometimes use olive oil+Castor oil

Step 5 – KKCC or RachelCPR Flaxseed Gel

14. Do you water down your conditioner? 

Yes

15. Do you detangle with your fingers or a comb? 

Finger detangle

16. Are you natural or transitioning? 

Natural

17. Do you have hair color? 

No

18. Do you section your hair to apply stuff? Do you apply stuff starting from the scalp/root? 

Yes

19. Do you do the steps on soaking wet hair? 

Sometimes

Thanks

Hi Nikki, welcome to the forum. You might want to try doing this, it goes into great detail:

http://www.msdeekay.com/3968/how-to-keep-type-4-natural-hair-from-forming-knots-and-tangles/

Like tvsnatural said if you have knots or splits before the regimen, you do have to try and trim them. Now I see you are doing the DC option. If you think that you are getting tangles from it overnight, you might try adding more conditioner to your hair and water it down less, so when you wake up your hair is still lubricated. In addition if you find it necessary for your hair length, you might want to try stretching while you DC overnight.

Edited by pinkecube - Aug 10 2014 at 4:36pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

I agree with MsDeeKay. Pinkecube has provided something that is helping us. Now she needs our help. She has a life, family, job and she is doing this in her free time. She is trying to provide a lot of help to a lot of different people in different areas. It isn't possible for her to always meet those needs. And the needs of her family and personal life will come first and should. 

She did let us know last week or the week before that she was busy. So we need to answer what questions we can. Those that need to get specific answers need to be patient that she will get back to them. And if she doesn't, then be understanding and know that it wasn't personal but things do slip through the cracks.

Honestly some new people may need to wait 6 months to a year after all of the kinks have been worked out. (That seems to fit ...lol).
Thank you DenzKoils, tvsnatural, and Msdeekay. For the past 3 days I haven't slept until 6am..doing tasks for MHM. So it is very overwhelming to be told that even that is not enough.  But I thank you and and everyone else for your understanding and maturity.

Edited by pinkecube - Aug 10 2014 at 4:44pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by pdthompson pdthompson wrote:

I have used the baking soda and white vinegar for my tub when I used clay washes and on hair clogs and it works.  It is a lot cheaper and natural than other commercial products.  I was surprise how effective it was but it does work.  The clay recipe in the MHM is watered down which should not be as problematic with the plumbing like other clay recipes which result in a thicker consistency.  
Thanks for the tips pdthompson. I haven't had issues with the clay in my drain, and I do think it is because how watery it is. After all the clay is being rinsed out under the shower, etc. So it ends up being very watery down the drain. I will implement this from time to time as I think this is good general advice though.
lovemycoils03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

lovely coils? your hair looks like lovely coils!!! Stunning, and well done to you!WinkStarClapHeart
this is for lovemycoils hair pics progress!
Thank you ChristineUK! I think as we all get further along and post our progress pictures, it will really help others remain inspired and keep going. Seeing all the other results pics have done that for me! 
lovemycoils03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by pdthompson pdthompson wrote:

This was very helpful, thank you. I will probably do this preemptively.
pdthompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pdthompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 8:24pm
You are very welcome pinkecube.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style