Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 224225226227228 289>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nikki323 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nikki323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 1:04pm

I am happy to have the courage to post in here. I’ve been following this post since may.

Now, it’s time to tell you my experience.  First of all I am thankful for this method Pinke. I really

Feel it is going to change alot in my hair. And I have already seen improovement.

But I have some issue and need some advice with knots and tangles when hair dries.

My hair is far from root to tip hydration. Well I think at some areas it is not far.

But lord these tangles !!!

Any help ?

1. Are you seeing results with MHM, or have been at a standstill?
I've seen some progress at the begining(Softness) when wet.

But I still have knots and tangles ??

2. How long have you completed the regimen?(day/wk/mnths) Have you been doing your hair at least every 3 days?
I have done 33 days(Since 25 may) and I am doing MHM every 2 or 3 days.

3. Did you do a lot of protein treatments or practice use of heavy protein products before starting MHM?
No

4. In your old regimen, did you GHE/DC/Steam in your old regimen regularly?
Not regularly!

5. Did you do the CG method before starting MHM?
Not really. I tried like 1 week.

6. Do you encorporate DCing GHE or steam now? 

Yes I DC and sometimes Steam.

7. What other options/versions are you doing? DC/Steam/Warm condish, BS, ACV?
ACV

8. What is your hair porosity and curl type?
4C or 4D, low porosity(But not sure)

9. Are you using the approved products? 
Yes

10. How long is your hair? TWA? Brastrap? (don't give inches but something general to visualize) 

Ear length when stretched

11. How does your hair look like during the clay step? Is it weighed down, white, and looks like each curl unit is coated?
The clay on my hair is white, a sligtly weighed weighed and all my strands are saturates.

12. What are you using for the clay step specifically?
Bentonite clay recipe, Honey, Olive oil.

1 cup Bentonite clay (Indian Healing clay), 1tbsp olive oil, 1tbsp honey, and 3 or more cups water.

The clay mixture is nice and creamy

13. What products are you using?

Step 1 - BS/Conditioner(KKNT or TJTTT)- watered most of the time

Step 2- KKNT (watered down)  for 1h

Step 3- Bentonite Clay

Step 4 - KKNT(Watered Down) after I sometimes use olive oil+Castor oil

Step 5 – KKCC or RachelCPR Flaxseed Gel

14. Do you water down your conditioner? 

Yes

15. Do you detangle with your fingers or a comb? 

Finger detangle

16. Are you natural or transitioning? 

Natural

17. Do you have hair color? 

No

18. Do you section your hair to apply stuff? Do you apply stuff starting from the scalp/root? 

Yes

19. Do you do the steps on soaking wet hair? 

Sometimes

Thanks

Sponsored Links

tyniagf1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tyniagf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by duckkeisha duckkeisha wrote:

Originally posted by tyniagf1 tyniagf1 wrote:

What are you all doing to your hair at night? Are you resetting or anything special? I normally just put my bonnet on and go to sleep. Not sure if i should be doing more. Do you add more moisture or anything to your hair in between regimen days? If so how are you all doing that.

Originally I was doing the roll, tuck and pin method and wearing my satin bonnet to bed. I'm now trying a different method of wearing a vented shower cap over the tuck and roll. Then cover with my satin scarf. When I wake up my curls are soft, intact and stretched.   All I have to do is shake and fluff at the roots. My wash and go lasts for 3-4 days doing this     TIA

Thanks I think I'm going to try the shower cap thing.
lovemycoils03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by solomonsydelle solomonsydelle wrote:

@lovemycoils03 Just saw your hair progress per Pinkes post of your pics.

Congrats!!!!!!Thumbs Up
Thank you so much! I hope more people post results no matter the stage.
sheeezus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sheeezus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 1:29pm
How can I post pictures here? I have root to tip definition in a good chunk of my hair now
lovemycoils03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by sheeezus sheeezus wrote:

How can I post pictures here? I have root to tip definition in a good chunk of my hair now

Hi!
Check out Msdeekay's answer on page 217:

"first you will need to upload the photos on a separate site, like fotoki or instigram. This site wont let you upload the pics directly from your computer for some reason.

Right click on the photo once it's uploaded on the other site. Copy image location. This will copy the direct jpg url.

open up the green icon, then paste that url into the box on the url side.

Press preview then okay, and then adjust size of pictures if necessary"

You can also email your pics to maxhydrationmethod@gmail.com and Pinke can post them here for you.
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 3:00pm
All:

Walmart.com sells the approved Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume conditioner. I just got my order of 3 and confirmed the ingredients. The site pic shows a white top. All of my bottles have black tops.

Happy Shopping :)
sdnaught View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdnaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 3:50pm
I have not posted in a while because the site is difficult sometimes, but I wanted to update and ask a question.
I have been using the method for about 7 weeks now, and my hair has definitely improved:  less frizz, less shedding, and more defined curls.  My roots and problem areas (crown and complete front hairline) still have a ways to go, but I am confident that it will eventually get there.
My issue is that although my hair looks great, it still feels very dry.  What can I do to help this?
My regiment is Terressentials Lavender mudwash, TJTTT conditioner, KKNT leave-in, and KKCC layered over homemade flaxseed gel.  The flaxseed gel makes my hair feel less dry the the KKCC by itself.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone sharing their experiences and tips on this forum.  It has been invaluable to me!
pdthompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdthompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 3:59pm

1. Are you seeing results with MHM, or have been at a standstill?

Week one I saw great results and happy that I could wear my hair in a wash and go.  I am now experiencing a lot of dryness.   

2. How long have you completed the regimen? (day/wks./months) Have you been doing your hair at least every 3 days? I have done 10 complete cycles.  The first week was every day and the last three cycles was every three days.

3. Did you do a lot of protein treatments or practice use of heavy protein products before starting MHM?  No.  I am very protein sensitive.  I used Aubrey’s Glycogen Protein Conditioner about every 6-8 weeks.

4. In your old regimen, did you GHE/DC/Steam in your old regimen regularly? I DC weekly with a heating cap.  I tried the GHE once and it gave me an itchy scalp so I prefer not to do those.  I don’t own a steamer.

5. Did you do the CG method before starting MHM? No

6. Do you incorporate DCing, GHE or steam now? I did deep condition this weekend after doing my second Cherry Lola treatment.  My hair felt a lot better

7. What other options/versions are you doing? DC/Steam/Warm condish, BS, ACV?  I was doing option 3 with the Alternative BS (baking soda) \method with the honey.  I am trying the ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) method but tweaking the ratio because it really strong for my hair.

8. What is your hair porosity and curl type?  I am low porosity.  I think I am mostly 4/a, 4/b.  I have mostly coils and a small patch at the top of my head that is very loose.  My hair is fine but dense.

9. Are you using the approved products?  All of my products are approved except for the conditioner.  I am looking for a conditioner that has all natural ingredients including the preservative for health reasons.  I have been using DIY products without additional carrier oils, Aloe Vera Juice, Shea Butter or any ingredients from the NO No list.  I am using mostly herbs and Marshmallow root based on the KCNT.   I believe the Marshmallow Root, honey and EVOO maybe contributing to my dry hair.  I was unable to find out how much protein is in Marshmallow Root.  All of the sources just state high in plant proteins.  I am working on a recipe with Flaxseed as it only has 1.9 grams of protein.  Aloe Vera Gel and juice has no protein based on my research but has sodium as well as the Xanthan and Guar Gum.  Aloe Vera Gel is lower in sodium so I might consider that as well. 

10. How long is your hair? TWA? Bra strap? (Don’t give inches but something general to visualize).  APL (Arm Pit Length).

11. How does your hair look like during the clay step? Is it weighed down, white, and looks like each curl unit is coated?
It is weighed down and looks like each curl is coated but it is not white.

12. What are you using for the clay step specifically?  I was using the recipe that is stated for the MHM with Bentonite Clay and European Green Clay.  This weekend I added steep herbs for the water in the clay that are moisturizing without the honey or the EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil).  It was very creamy but still lack slip.  I am trying to get as close to the
Terressentials Clay wash because of the conditioning properties.  I may add the EVOO back into the mixture.  Right now I am isolating ingredients that have always given me dry hair.  I have used clay before with good results before starting this method but only once a month to clarify.  It could also be the frequency of usage for my hair.

13. What products are you using? I was using the KCNT for my conditioner for the seven day challenge.  I also use Flaxseed gel, and the alternative BS mixture, Clay and a DIY Marshmallow Root and Slippery Elm leave in.  I have used the ACV method in place of the alternative BS mixture.

14. Do you water down your conditioner? Do you find it works better without or doesn't make a difference? When I was using the KCNT I did water it down but I can’t say if I notice a difference.  Before this method I was using ACV rinse as my leave in conditioner.

15. Do you detangle with your fingers or a comb? I detangle with my fingers.

16. Are you natural or transitioning?
  This is my second time being a natural.  The first time I had locs which were waist length.  I been a natural this time for six years and stuck at APL. 

17. Do you have hair color? I made the mistake of using henna and that is how I discover this method.  Henna made my hair extremely dry and nothing I did made a difference until using MHM.  The Cherry Lola made a big difference in my hair.

18. Do you section your hair to apply stuff?  Yes.  Do you apply stuff starting from the scalp/root?  Only since I started this method and it makes sense to do it this way.  There is so much emphasize and information about applying stuff on the hair ends.

19. Do you do the steps on soaking wet hair?  I do but I don’t like it because it is so messy.  I am very visual and I do most of my steps in front of the mirror at my sink.  

aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by nothidden nothidden wrote:

All:

Walmart.com sells the approved Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume conditioner. I just got my order of 3 and confirmed the ingredients. The site pic shows a white top. All of my bottles have black tops.

Happy Shopping :)

HECK YEAH!! THANKS
CurlyMeema View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyMeema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 6:23pm
I've been doing the MHM for 6 weeks now and I've had AWESOME results that converted to frizzy dry spells.  I've experimented with the steps and the products and now believe that I'm on the right track so today or should I say last night, I started the 7 day challenge.  Cherry Lola treatment last night (but kept in on my hair over night SMH I thought I read the instructions right!) So today I am DCing all day and will put the clay on before bed tonight.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 224225226227228 289>
  Share Topic