Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 223224225226227 278>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lovemycoils03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by lovemycoils03 lovemycoils03 wrote:

I'm finally getting a chance to answer these. Had to wait to get home to get in front of my computer.
1 cup Bentonite clay (Indian Healing clay), 2tbsp olive oil, 2tbsp honey, and 3 cups water.

13. What products are you using?
I use the TJTTT during the baking soda rinse step. I use KKNT during the DC (full) and leave in (full) and I use the KKCC as the styler.

14. Do you water down your conditioner? Do you find it works better without or doesn't make a difference?
My hair feels much dryer with watered down conditioner. I think the full strength is working better, but I'm still figuring this out...

15. Do you detangle with your fingers or a comb? 
I am using my fingers exclusively. The only tools I use are clips to hold my hair in sections.

16. Are you natural or transitioning? 
I have been natural since 1996.

17. Do you have hair color?
My hair has been prematurely graying since my teens and I have been dying my front hairline for the last three years. 
Still trying to figure out a better product, MHM friendly, for this.

18. Do you section your hair to apply stuff? Do you apply stuff starting from the scalp/root?
Yes and Yes. My hair is medium dense and I HAVE to section it quite a bit, for product application, otherwise it still tangles.

19. Do you do the steps on soaking wet hair?
Yes. This really helps the hair coil and clump fully so that the definition is better captured.
I have no idea why the first answers got cut off....
I'll try to repost what's missing
1. Are you seeing results with MHM, or have been at a standstill?
Yes, the results are noticeable by family and friends, but the crown/front, sides, and mid-back are still frizzy.

2. How long have you completed the regimen?(day/wk/mnths) Have you been doing your hair at least every 3 days?
I started July 15 and completed my 15th full wash this morning. I do my hair daily or every other day. I allowed three days between the last two washes for my hair to finally dry completely.

3. Did you do a lot of protein treatments or practice use of heavy protein products before starting MHM?
No, not intentionally. I think there was protein in my products that added up over time.

4. In your old regimen, did you GHE/DC/Steam in your old regimen regularly? 
I did GHE rarely and use a hooded dryer for deep conditioing - moisturizing conditioner

5. Did you do the CG method before starting MHM?
Yes. I even had the handbook. As the CG method is in the handbook, my hair stayed dry.

6. Do you encorporate DCing GHE or steam now?
I incorporate sitting under a hooded dryer with and without GHE overnight.

7. What other options/versions are you doing? DC/Steam/Warm condish, BS, ACV?
The smell of the ACV has been a deterrent. My hair result from the BS and ACV was about the same.

8. What is your hair porosity and curl type?
I have 4c, low porosity hair.

9. Are you using the approved products?
Yes, only.

10. How long is your hair? TWA? Brastrap? (don't give inches but something general to visualize)
My hair reaches above brastrap level in the back, to my collar bones on the side, and below my chin in the front.

11. How does your hair look like during the clay step? Is it weighed down, white, and looks like each curl unit is coated?
Yes, Yes, and Yes.

12. What are you using for the clay step specifically?
1 cup Bentonite clay (Indian Healing clay), 2tbsp olive oil, 2tbsp honey, and 3 or more cups water.

Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 2:16am
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

OK here is my verdict. Its not the clay step. I made a brand new batch according to the recipe on msdeekays site. It came out the same as when I make a quarter batch. Applied it and everything was the same as usual.

But what I think is the issue applying conditioner and steaming or sitting under the dryer does not give me the same effect as warming up the conditioner. I thought applying heat would open up my cuticles and let then conditioner in but that does not seem to be the case. I used the heated. Conditioner tonight and I could see a slight coil formation when I put it on. And when I rinsed I had moisture in my strands and not just on top.

I was heating the conditioner a few weeks ago but switched up to use the dryer and then last week started steaming.

I didn't really have any noticeable coils this time around either but I could tell I had water in my strands. That's a start.

I took pictures but I will have to post them when im at a PC.

I did up to step 4. Im going to baggy tonight and see if I can do step 5 in the morning.
Denzkoils if it came out the same, then does that mean even though you followed the recipe,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgEuwPwkqD8

but the clay was still too watery? what does the clay look like after you prepare it? Is it still too watery?  If you watch Dee's video, you want to try and match the consistency that she squeezed out of the bottle.  So if the clay doesn't match that creamy look right after you have mixed it, it isn't going to work when you applied it.

we already know that consistency of your old batch doesn't work, so try to match the consistency that she uses in the video. If it is too watery just add more clay. I also would like you to provide pictures of how the consistency of your clay looks if you can. Both squeezed out on your hand and on your hair, so I can determine by how white it is, whether it was made thick enough. you can send these pictures to maxhydrationmethod@gmail.com if the forum becomes an issue for you. Because if the clay looked the same as last time on your hair and not white and coated like the pictures, that means the problem with the clay hasn't actually been addressed. Maybe the mixture is too watery then. But it seemed thick enough for me, and Dee follows the measurements to a Tee and it comes out creamy.

Edited by pinkecube - Aug 09 2014 at 2:17am
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 3:02am

I'm finally getting a chance to answer these. Had to wait to get home to get in front of my computer.
1 cup Bentonite clay (Indian Healing clay), 2tbsp olive oil, 2tbsp honey, and 3 cups water.

I use the TJTTT during the baking soda rinse step. I use KKNT during the DC (full) and leave in (full) and I use the KKCC as the styler.

14. Do you water down your conditioner? Do you find it works better without or doesn't make a difference?
My hair feels much dryer with watered down conditioner. I think the full strength is working better, but I'm still figuring this out...

I am using my fingers exclusively. The only tools I use are clips to hold my hair in sections.

I have been natural since 1996.

My hair has been prematurely graying since my teens and I have been dying my front hairline for the last three years. 
Still trying to figure out a better product, MHM friendly, for this.

18. Do you section your hair to apply stuff? Do you apply stuff starting from the scalp/root?
Yes and Yes. My hair is medium dense and I HAVE to section it quite a bit, for product application, otherwise it still tangles.

Yes. This really helps the hair coil and clump fully so that the definition is better captured.
I have no idea why the first answers got cut off....
I'll try to repost what's missing
Yes, the results are noticeable by family and friends, but the crown/front, sides, and mid-back are still frizzy.

2. How long have you completed the regimen?(day/wk/mnths) Have you been doing your hair at least every 3 days?
I started July 15 and completed my 15th full wash this morning. I do my hair daily or every other day. I allowed three days between the last two washes for my hair to finally dry completely.

3. Did you do a lot of protein treatments or practice use of heavy protein products before starting MHM?
No, not intentionally. I think there was protein in my products that added up over time.

I did GHE rarely and use a hooded dryer for deep conditioing - moisturizing conditioner

Yes. I even had the handbook. As the CG method is in the handbook, my hair stayed dry.

I incorporate sitting under a hooded dryer with and without GHE overnight.

The smell of the ACV has been a deterrent. My hair result from the BS and ACV was about the same.

I have 4c, low porosity hair.

Yes, only.

10. How long is your hair? TWA? Brastrap? (don't give inches but something general to visualize)
My hair reaches above brastrap level in the back, to my collar bones on the side, and below my chin in the front.

11. How does your hair look like during the clay step? Is it weighed down, white, and looks like each curl unit is coated?
Yes, Yes, and Yes.

1 cup Bentonite clay (Indian Healing clay), 2tbsp olive oil, 2tbsp honey, and 3 or more cups water.

lovemycoils sent me MHM testimony pics! Big smileBig smileBig smileClapGreat Results!

1) Clay step, wash 1
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/10403651_757056074340704_3549474275488427780_n.jpg

2) product free hair post clay, side view, wash 5 or 6 or (7?)

MHM testimony: lovemycoils of BHM. product free hair post clay, side view, wash 5 or 7. #maxhydrationmethod
3)Product free hair post clay, top, wash 7 or 8 (?)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10524693_757056077674037_3497574933674010466_n.jpg
4)Full method post 2nd cherry lola treatment (wash 14) I will post this once I know whether I should blur out her face.

5) Second day, finally dry hair, shrunken, wash 14.
MHM testimony: lovemycoils of BHM. Second day, finally dry hair, shrunken, wash 14. #maxhydrationmethod
​I will be starting wash 16 tomorrow, yay!

Edited by pinkecube - Aug 09 2014 at 3:09am
duckkeisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckkeisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 8:30am
Originally posted by tyniagf1 tyniagf1 wrote:

What are you all doing to your hair at night? Are you resetting or anything special? I normally just put my bonnet on and go to sleep. Not sure if i should be doing more. Do you add more moisture or anything to your hair in between regimen days? If so how are you all doing that.

Originally I was doing the roll, tuck and pin method and wearing my satin bonnet to bed. I'm now trying a different method of wearing a vented shower cap over the tuck and roll. Then cover with my satin scarf. When I wake up my curls are soft, intact and stretched.   All I have to do is shake and fluff at the roots. My wash and go lasts for 3-4 days doing this     TIA
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 8:52am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

OK here is my verdict. Its not the clay step. I made a brand new batch according to the recipe on msdeekays site. It came out the same as when I make a quarter batch. Applied it and everything was the same as usual.

But what I think is the issue applying conditioner and steaming or sitting under the dryer does not give me the same effect as warming up the conditioner. I thought applying heat would open up my cuticles and let then conditioner in but that does not seem to be the case. I used the heated. Conditioner tonight and I could see a slight coil formation when I put it on. And when I rinsed I had moisture in my strands and not just on top.

I was heating the conditioner a few weeks ago but switched up to use the dryer and then last week started steaming.

I didn't really have any noticeable coils this time around either but I could tell I had water in my strands. That's a start.

I took pictures but I will have to post them when im at a PC.

I did up to step 4. Im going to baggy tonight and see if I can do step 5 in the morning.
Denzkoils if it came out the same, then does that mean even though you followed the recipe,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgEuwPwkqD8

but the clay was still too watery? what does the clay look like after you prepare it? Is it still too watery?  If you watch Dee's video, you want to try and match the consistency that she squeezed out of the bottle.  So if the clay doesn't match that creamy look right after you have mixed it, it isn't going to work when you applied it.

we already know that consistency of your old batch doesn't work, so try to match the consistency that she uses in the video. If it is too watery just add more clay. I also would like you to provide pictures of how the consistency of your clay looks if you can. Both squeezed out on your hand and on your hair, so I can determine by how white it is, whether it was made thick enough. you can send these pictures to maxhydrationmethod@gmail.com if the forum becomes an issue for you. Because if the clay looked the same as last time on your hair and not white and coated like the pictures, that means the problem with the clay hasn't actually been addressed. Maybe the mixture is too watery then. But it seemed thick enough for me, and Dee follows the measurements to a Tee and it comes out creamy.

I didn't get good pictures because of the lighting in my bathroom.My clay isn't watery. Even my old batch wasn't watery. In fact I probably would need more water to get it to be smooth like msdeekay. I made the batch thicker last night. It was thick enough that I could scoop it up with my fingers. I do usually use an applicator bottle and it comes out like msdeekay.

My hair was white after application but it was late and I didnt take good pictures. I will try to take pictures next time if I can get started earlier.

I really don't think its the clay though even though that seems like the most reasonable cause. I could not have added less water because I wouldn't have been able to get it out of the jar.

I will try again on Monday.

Edited by DenzKoils - Aug 09 2014 at 8:59am
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 9:00am
Beautiful hair and great progress lovemycoils.
lovemycoils03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 10:28am

Beautiful hair and great progress lovemycoils.
Thank you DenzKoils! 
solomonsydelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 10:31am
@lovemycoils03 Just saw your hair progress per Pinkes post of your pics.

Congrats!!!!!!Thumbs Up

Edited by solomonsydelle - Aug 09 2014 at 10:33am
sheeezus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sheeezus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 12:03pm
@pinkecube, hope this helps

I'm seeing major improvement

I am just completed my first week and  I've done 5 days so far.

I was flat-ironing my hair a lot until last month so I was co-washing w/ Tresemme Keratin Smooth at least twice a week + using baby shampoo for the build up every 2 weeks. However, once I stopped flat ironing, I noticed how dry/hard all that protein was making my hair.

Nope! I don't have a steamer and before this I don't think I've DC'd for more than an hour ever

Nope

Yup, I've done GHE 3 times now

- BS rinse
- Tried warmed condish once and I liked the results
- Tried the mini-MHM when I was in a rush and it didn't seem that much different

low po, mostly type 4a hair

Yes

TWA, chin length stretched

Okay so my clay is actually watery and I don't think it has slowed down my progress.  I make sure all my strands are saturated. It looks white and I'm not sure if it's completely weighed down

- European clay, honey, EVOO

Like I said, the clay is a watery texture so I use it like a shampoo. I wet my hair, get it all over, then work on each section individually until it's saturated. I also noticed that since my mix is watery, I get better results when I leave it on for 30 minutes or more.

- Tresemme Nourishing Moisture w/avocado & aloe vera juice (approved formulation)
- Giovanni LA natural styling gel
- avocado oil sometimes

14. Do you water down your conditioner? 
- Watered it down for the past 2 days and my hair has been dryer so I'm going back to full strength for the GHE.  I watered it down because GHE makes my scalp itch like crazy CryCry so I guess I'll just be oiling my scalp prior to.

- Fingers

Natural w/some heat damage 

- I have semi-permanent hair color that didn't really take because I didn't bleach my hair first/low po problems. However since I started MHM, I noticed the color's been popping out a little.

Sometimes I section my hair, but I find that most times it's not necessary cause my hair is fine/not dense at all and it's short.  Yes.

Yes

protectiveprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote protectiveprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 12:57pm
Answering the questions as well....

1. Are you seeing results with MHM, or have been at a standstill? Seeing gradual results, but did experience a standing for about a 2 wk period.

2. How long have you completed the regimen?(day/wk/mnths) Have you been doing your hair at least every 3 days?  I’ve done the regimen 32 times, and I have always repeated it every 1 - 3 days.

3. Did you do a lot of protein treatments or practice use of heavy protein products before starting MHM?  No

DC every 2 wks

5. Did you do the CG method before starting MHM? No, I had a gut feeling it would not work for my 4c hair type.

6. Do you encorporate DCing GHE or steam now?  Yes, both.  DC overnight in Step 2. May also steam before DC.  If I have to do all the steps in one sitting. I steam in step 2.

7. What other options/versions are you doing? DC/Steam/Warm condish, BS, ACV? I use the full method, with BS rinse in Step 1, but usually alternate with ACV every 3-4 repitions.  I always DC or steam in Step 2.

8. What is your hair porosity and curl type?  fine, very low porosity, fairly low density type 4c hair

9. Are you using the approved products? yes

10. How long is your hair? TWA? Brastrap? (don't give inches but something general to visualize)  bra strap

11. How does your hair look like during the clay step? Is it weighed down, white, and looks like each curl unit is coated?  heavy and weighted.  very defined, even at the roots.  whitish all over.  

12. What are you using for the clay step specifically?  Bentonite clay, evoo, honey, water.  following the recipe

13. What products are you using?  Recently switched to the approved Tresseme, Kinky Curly gel, olive oil as needed

14. Do you water down your conditioner? Do you find it works better without or doesn't make a difference?  Yes, I water it down.  If, I don’t it just sits on my hair feels sticky and won’t absorb.

15. Do you detangle with your fingers or a comb?  Fingers

16. Are you natural or transitioning? natural

17. Do you have hair color? no

18. Do you section your hair to apply stuff? Do you apply stuff starting from the scalp/root?  yes I section and I apply from roots to ends.  

19. Do you do the steps on soaking wet hair?  Yes

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style