Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222223224225226 273>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by nicks_hotmama06 nicks_hotmama06 wrote:

Currently on my third straight day of deep conditioning/ghe. Am going to start the entire process over at step one tomorrow and make fresh gel and try the leave in conditioner method Pinke was telling me about. I would post pics or MHM a couple of weeks ago and this cycle....but I have no luck posting on this forum. I will be back with results.
looking forward to it! if you have any issues posting on the forum, feel free to send the pictures to maxhydrationmethod@gmail.com
Sponsored Links

naturallyme247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturallyme247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 10:34pm
Pinke, could Herbal Essense Hello hydration be an approved conditioner and leave-in

Water , Stearyl Alcohol , Behentrimonium Chloride , Cetyl Alcohol , Bis Aminopropyl Dimethicone , Zea Mays (Corn) Silk Extract , Orchis Mascula Flower Extract , Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract , Fragrance , Benzyl Alcohol , Disodium EDTA , Sodium Hydroxide , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Blue 1
lovemycoils03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

Originally posted by lovemycoils03 lovemycoils03 wrote:

Originally posted by lovemycoils03 lovemycoils03 wrote:

[QUOTE=tyniagf1]What are you all doing to your hair at night? Are you resetting or anything special? I normally just put my bonnet on and go to sleep. Not sure if i should be doing more. Do you add more moisture or anything to your hair in between regimen days? If so how are you all doing that. TIA
I'm putting my hair in two 'pineapples' or puffs and sleeping with a silk scarf. I refresh with water in the morning and for each day between washes. This seems to work really well. My hair doesn't all hang down yet, although it's much better and I actually have movement in it when dry. Thus, when I've tried the roll, pin, and tuck night routine, it turns out into a fro on my hair. I hope this helps.
I cant seem to post a reply to other threads....so hopefully it shows up here.

Hi guys, 
Check out drugstore.com for the approved conditioner. It's $6.39 per bottle and standard shipping is $5.99.
The ingredients match what Dee posted.
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=265188&catid=183412

What EXACTLY  do you mean by 'refresh'?  Do you wet/saturate your hair in the shower till sopping wet, or do you just lightly spritz?
[/QUOTE) I refresh by spritzing water all over my hair until it is mildly damp, but NOT sopping. That way, the curls that got 'smushed' can reform. I then shake and let them fall where they may. I keep meaning to email pictures to Pinke to post on this site....
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by pdthompson pdthompson wrote:

I am interested in knowing why the DC is done before using the clay as well.  I hope somebody addresses empreza's question.  Thanks
I don't have time to answer questions on the forum right now, but a quick answer is that DC after the clay gave me the worst wash n go results I ever had. It just works better before. The clay is going to help define your hair before you do the other steps, that is the great thing about clay. Smushing your hair overnight with the DC is going to mean that benefit won't be had, and for those just starting it really makes the difference. DCing inbetween both steps also means the clarifying isn't done side by side as well. HTH

Sorry Pinke but I don't quite understand exactly what you are saying or mean here: " Smushing your hair overnight with the DC is going to mean that benefit won't be had, ".  What benefit?  Could you re-phrase  please?

She was referring to the order of doing the DC and clay. She meant that if you do the clay first and then the DC and go to bed wake up in the morning and rinse out your hair will be smushed and not as defined vs if you did the clay after the DC step. HTH
DominicanMorenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Muslimah Dominicana Muslimah Dominicana wrote:

Originally posted by DominicanMorenita DominicanMorenita wrote:

HELLO! HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING?... MY HAIR IS GROWING LIKE CRAZY AND MY BOLD SPOT IS GROWING TOO!! THANKS TO THIS MHM...Big smile

Hola Morenita!! :-D

Felicidades en tu progreso!! €:) Yo solo estoy en mi segunda semana y lo eh completado 6 vecez... Todavía no eh visto grancambio pero si me ayudo bastante con la caída de pelo y el desenredo que era mi mayor problema!! Y tu que tiempo tienes que comensaste? Y en que tiempo comensaste a ver resultados? Porfavor comparte consejos o tips que te ayudaron ver resultados el tu pelo y crecer tu pelo puedes.. €:( Gracias Y Buena Suerte!! €:) xoxo
Hola... Como estas? yo tengo mas de dos meses usando este metodo, pinke me aconsejo acondicionador profundo por dos semanas, no lo hice al pie de la letra, pero trate, y tengo un claro del tamano de 25centavos, fui al dermatologo y nada de crecer , despues de haber comenzado este metodo , ya comenzo a crecer, el metodo lo hago siguiendo todos los pasos, alterno el uso del bicarbonate y el vinagre, uso mas el vinagre, pues estimula el crecimiento del cambello,y por eso creo que me ha crecido mas rapido. Otra cosa que hago es que uso aceite de oliva extra virgin una vez por semana en el craneo, y trato de poner mi cabeza hacia abajo por unos minutos, o sobre todo cuando hago ejercicios, eso estimula el flujo de sangre que contribuye al crecimiento del cabello. Tambien uso gengibre, lo majo y lo cuelo y el agua me la unto en todo el craneo y lo dejo en mi cabello y al otro dia me lo saco. Bueno... Espero serte de ayuda... Dios te bendice!
DominicanMorenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by afrolistic afrolistic wrote:

Hi dom i want my hair to grow like crazy too. How many times a week do u do ya hair? And do u ghee at night too. What do u think contributed to ya hair growth thnx.

Hi.. I do my hair every other day.. Yes I ghee at night but not always but I deep condition for 2 hours and I use oil on my scalp once a week as pinke told me (I use extra virgin olive oil but I also use ginger once a week)? what I think is making my hair grow is that this method keep my hair well moisturized.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by naturallyme247 naturallyme247 wrote:

Pinke, could Herbal Essense Hello hydration be an approved conditioner and leave-in
No, there are too many no-no ingredients

Water , Stearyl Alcohol , Behentrimonium Chloride , Cetyl Alcohol , Bis Aminopropyl Dimethicone , Zea Mays (Corn) Silk Extract , Orchis Mascula Flower Extract , Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract , Fragrance , Benzyl Alcohol , Disodium EDTA , Sodium Hydroxide , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Blue 1

Edited by pinkecube - Aug 08 2014 at 11:37pm
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Hi ladies, I just wanted to encourage all of you who feel that your hair is progressing at a slow pace. I truly believe that no matter where you are, you will eventually get to your goal. It may take longer for some but with patience you will get there.

One thing that stuck with me when I was watching aketafitgirl's videos is that she believed in the CG method so much that she said that no matter what happens she is sticking to the regimen because she believes it was good for her hair. She said that she knows people who start the CG method and say I'll give it this amount of time and if it doesnt work out I'm trying something else. But she said was committed to sticking it out till the end. And look at her now....It took her 8 months but she got there.

I think there are a lot of factors that contribute to the pace of progress. Some things I can think of is:
1. The condition of the hair before starting. I have noticed that a lot of people who transition from the CG method or GHE are having faster results.
2. frequency
3. technique.
4. Sensitivity to products

Pinke has put together a troubleshooting the regimen guide, perhaps going through it may help.

1. Applying product on soaking wet hair. This includes:

Wet hair when applying DC.
    Wet hair when applying clay
    Wet hair when applying leave in. You can wet your hair right after the clay step is rinsed out, then apply your watered down (or not, up to you, also up to you how much you water down your leave in.) leave in all at once, then rewet quickly under the running shower water, and shake. Then applying gel section by section, making sure to apply more conditioner and keep areas soaking wet as needed if they dry before you get to them.
Hair must remain wet as you apply gel.

2. Separating during the clay step. You can watch a tuturial here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbB4TQGsOck

3. Making sure to properly separate coils as you apply leave in and gel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGr2F2LIObE

4. Making sure all your products are MHM friendly: You cannot expect quick or effective results just using any old product that isn't compatible with your hair.

5. Making sure you have experimented with other options and versions. For example, your hair could have an issue with acv, and prefer bakingsoda. Or maybe you may benefit from steaming instead of just a warm cowash.

6. Making sure you are not expecting results too fast. Sometimes it best to be patient. Do not expect to get perfect root to tip definition on your first try. For some it may happen, but that may take time for others. Just appreciate any other changes you notice the results will come.

7. Making sure you are not spacing out your regimen repeats too far apart. Even if you can't do all the steps, it's better to introduce moisture by either doing step 1-2 and stopping at DC until you can complete the other steps, or even just doing a quick cowash leave in and go. Anything is better than going a week with out moisturizing your hair if you are just starting out. Keep with in 3-4 days.

8. You can try leaving the B.S./ACV/Clay/DC steps longer.

9. making sure you are properly getting shed hairs out and detangling to help your coils not want to stick together in big frizzy clumps.

10. Absolutely make sure you aren't skipping any steps.

11. If scalp itches, either add more conditioner to your bakingsoda mix, or less bakingsoda.

12. Many ppl have issues their first week, and it passes. If you are having crunchy hair that is a trial and error thing that will pass. just make sure to follow instructions on step 1.

13. Recently I got info about how when clay is wet, it draws more toxins out of the hair and it makes it more effective. You may consider getting a thermal heating cap to use during the clay step, maybe leaving it a bit longer. This may help you get through the Detox phase faster if you are stuck in it.

14. If you are having trouble with DC as a split, you can oil your scalp with anti microbial oils, or use a thermal heating cap while you DC. Otherwise you can split the regimen, by doing step 1-3 (step2 would be a warm cowash or steam, not overnight DC) and then put a cap over your head with the clay on it, to DC with the CLAY overnight. This may prevent the itching effect as well, you might experiment with it.

15. If you are having trouble with tangles during DC overnight, remember to do what is detailed on this page:

http://www.msdeekay.com/3968/how-to-keep-type-4-natural-hair-from-forming-knots-and-tangles/
Hey guys, I wanted to address the issues with any users doing the regimen for awhile and not seeing results. This is going to be long and detailed, so I hope u guys will give this a go because I think this is pretty important.

I think Dee is getting on to something here with that list of things she noticed. For the people doing this regimen and it is working. I'd like to ask some questions for the ppl having quick results(with definition, not MH, because even if you get definition with gel, it is still the product free hair that counts) so far to help really determine the all the factors. I will post the questions soon.

But along with things Dee mentioned, another thing I have noticed that I think is extremely important about the ppl having quick success-- at least from what I have seen from myself, Dee, on instagram and pics that some of you have pm'd or emailed me.

When I look back at these pics, one trend I am really starting to see is the ppl being heavy handed with the clay step are getting better results, compared to ones who are being a bit light with the clay. I remember this is a pretty noticeable thing I saw when I skyped with another person who was doing this regimen. I could tell that the clay was not actually coating all of their strands.

Now when I say heavy, I don't mean the clay is thick, like playdough. But should really weigh your hair down, and be visibly white. Like as if you did a wash n go with clay. Your hair will quickly pick up that memory and you should get clumping when you do the defining for the wash n go style. Let me post a couple pictures of both mine, Msdeekay's, and Desiree Banungo's hair during the clay step so you can get a clearer idea of what I mean:
my hair is very weighed down during the clay step.

MHM tip: To make sure All your strands are coated with the clay, your hair should be white all over(or the color of your clay) and weighed down. #maxhydrationmethod  the ppl getting the fastest results with definition and moisture are doing this.

http://photos-a.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xpa1/10413865_835276196502248_115906407_n.jpg
More of Desiree Banungos testimony pics. This is with the clay in her hair
I ensure my hair strands get fully covered with the clay, by sectioning my hair before I start, then in each row literally taking the bottle I put it in, and squeezing it directly on my scalp and smoothing it down. I can feel when I do this that even my scalp is covered, and so I can feel it at the roots of all the strands in that section first and am able to smooth it down.

Another important thing is it feels creamy, not squeaky. If your clay rinse feels squeaky, then something is wrong and it wont be easy to distribute, and it can feel dry after rinsing. I had this experience before but it wasn't with bentonite clay, where the water just seemed to be too much for the clay and the clay didn't seem to want to swell or become thick. I also tend to like my clay mix better on the second day, because of how creamy it gets. Overall, It should feel slippery, so you should be applying quite a lot to ensure each strand is coated.

If you are having issues, and your hair does not look like this during the clay step ( white, and each and every strand is visibly coated) then something is a miss. I would like to get feedback on this tip, and if possible, pictures. Feel free to blur ur face out, you know me. Anyone having issues with the regimen consistently and feels like there is a bit of a stump, really try this and tell me if it helped. Really take from these pics, above and Dee's video and try to mimick this Dee's video is very helpful because it is exactly how I do my clay step. now I realize maybe because I have talked to her many times about this in detail off the forum, she has a good grasp of this. I don't think i have ever gone into this much direct detail about the clay step on the forum actually, I just assumed for awhile everyone was doing it this way after I posted my video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbB4TQGsOck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgEuwPwkqD8

I remember there was a point where I was doing well with the regimen for a while, seeing improvements but then it seem to reach a point where my hair was just staying the same. This was around april, and it lasted for a few weeks. but these really stubborn areas around my edges wouldn't even define at all. My edges were the driest Implementing this and starting to separate coils during the clay got those areas defining and feeling softer, and my hair started improving each wash once again.

Another list of thing you want to avoid doing, specifically during the clay step.

• Applying the clay and smoothing your hair back almost like a relaxer so it looks flat to your scalp.
  • Not sectioning your hair
  • Hair not looking visibly white on every strand(see pics above for reference)
  • towel drying after clay step
  • applying clay on dry hair
  • applying clay to scalp/base/root of curl units
I also believe the clay step should encourage your hair to clump, if your hair is not clumping at the root with the clay step, apply the clay to your roots. I emphasize applying everything to your scalp first and work it up to the roots and down the strand, because it is the easiest way to ensure each strand is coated.

Our hair is tightly coiled, so we have a lot of shrinkage and our coils shrink right to our scalp, and especially when you are just starting, it is going to be more work to get your hair completely covered with product. Not everyone can just put products on their hair, it has to be done in sections, and aimed at the scalp/root/base of your hair strands. The tighter and kinkier your curls are, the more notoriously difficult it is going to be for your fingers to get to your scalp, especially if your hair is dry.

Keeping that basic principle in mind is going to enable your to master the wash n go too. Since I have max hydration, I can do wash n go's with out even sectioning my hair because of this. though I normally section my hair into 4 sections(i used to section much smaller) just so I can control how much gel I use. But I avoided doing that before, because the products would simply not get on my all my strands that way.

Anyway, I hope this helps you guys. Thanks for sticking it out, and not being quiet about this, so I can try address the issue. try this tip out and give some feedback and pics well. You can also email me the pictures to maxhydrationmethod@gmail.com, if you have issues with the forum, and I can post them on the forum if you want me too.

I just wanted to give some tips in regards to how to apply the products in the hair. I think this makes a difference in the progress. I know it may take a little more time but it gives faster progress IMO..

I can not stress enough how important it is to make sure that each strand is coated with product especially in the beginning when you are just starting out.

As your hair gets more hydrated you will notice that you can take bigger sections and get the same results and it gets easier because your hair simply starts to drink whatever you put into it but in the beginning you have to really section down and work the product in, especially for the clay. Apply it from the roots down to the tip and work it in making sure that the hair strands are coated before moving on to the next section. Especially important for those areas that are "stubborn" and not as hydrated. Spend some time to just work in the product in there.

Also take the time to make sure that when you apply the clay your hair is not laying flat. But you are separating the coils as Pinke said to the point where it looks like its a wet wash and go but with clay.

I'm anal about all my measurements, so everytime I make a new batch of anything whether the clay or baking soda I always go back and look at the measurements on my website as I make the mixture even though I know it by heart now. But I just dont want to mess up.

The clay mixture for me the first day is a little watery but next day is usually creamy and I keep adding water everyday. One thing though for the first day even though its a little watery it makes it more easier to apply for me. 

Now that my hair is really hydrated my hair just absorbs the clay really well without me having to apply it in small sections. I'm able to just pour it over the section first before I start and then I add a little on my hands and go back and add it to any sections that may have not been coated. Because I do everything in the shower now, at this point I run out and just do a quick check at the mirror if my hair looks weighed down and coated if it does I add a plastic bag and satin scarf I set a timer for 15 mins on my phone and go back to the shower and do my other business until I hear the timer then I rinse it all out and proceed to the leave in and gel step immediately.

In my experience this is part of what has helped my progress, and just to keep on doing it consistently. I know that not everyone can do this. But I decided to challenge myself for the month of July and was doing my hair everyday. Because of this I saw a huge difference progress wise...it was like everyday I did my hair the progress was building up. It was like I was resetting my hair everyday. It also got to the point where the process got very easy because it was a routine and because my hair is now really hydrated, it literally just drinks everything up. I dont have to go into small sections working in the products anymore...Simply just adding it into bigger sections is enough because my hair just absorbs it easily. it also feels like Im just refreshing my hair because the curls are solid now. It doesnt feel like Im trying to define them anymore. I feel like the time I invested being really meticulous about how I apply things and doing it everyday paid off in the long run, because now I get to do things faster and easier.

If possible for anyone who can, please post pictures of how your hair looks at the clay step plus the consistency of your clay in your hands. If you cant post, simply email your pictures to maxhydrationmethod@gmail.com

Also just add a small note of how the regimen is working for you.

lovemycoils03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 11:41pm
I'm finally getting a chance to answer these. Had to wait to get home to get in front of my computer.
1 cup Bentonite clay (Indian Healing clay), 2tbsp olive oil, 2tbsp honey, and 3 cups water.

13. What products are you using?
I use the TJTTT during the baking soda rinse step. I use KKNT during the DC (full) and leave in (full) and I use the KKCC as the styler.

14. Do you water down your conditioner? Do you find it works better without or doesn't make a difference?
My hair feels much dryer with watered down conditioner. I think the full strength is working better, but I'm still figuring this out...

15. Do you detangle with your fingers or a comb? 
I am using my fingers exclusively. The only tools I use are clips to hold my hair in sections.

16. Are you natural or transitioning? 
I have been natural since 1996.

17. Do you have hair color?
My hair has been prematurely graying since my teens and I have been dying my front hairline for the last three years. 
Still trying to figure out a better product, MHM friendly, for this.

18. Do you section your hair to apply stuff? Do you apply stuff starting from the scalp/root?
Yes and Yes. My hair is medium dense and I HAVE to section it quite a bit, for product application, otherwise it still tangles.

19. Do you do the steps on soaking wet hair?
Yes. This really helps the hair coil and clump fully so that the definition is better captured.
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 11:45pm
OK here is my verdict. Its not the clay step. I made a brand new batch according to the recipe on msdeekays site. It came out the same as when I make a quarter batch. Applied it and everything was the same as usual.

But what I think is the issue applying conditioner and steaming or sitting under the dryer does not give me the same effect as warming up the conditioner. I thought applying heat would open up my cuticles and let then conditioner in but that does not seem to be the case. I used the heated. Conditioner tonight and I could see a slight coil formation when I put it on. And when I rinsed I had moisture in my strands and not just on top.

I was heating the conditioner a few weeks ago but switched up to use the dryer and then last week started steaming.

I didn't really have any noticeable coils this time around either but I could tell I had water in my strands. That's a start.

I took pictures but I will have to post them when im at a PC.

I did up to step 4. Im going to baggy tonight and see if I can do step 5 in the morning.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222223224225226 273>