Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 219220221222223 278>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 10:42am
Sigh...ignore

Edited by nothidden - Aug 08 2014 at 10:43am
Sponsored Links

nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 10:43am
Ignore
Crownstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crownstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 10:46am

Stephanie Carter1 day ago

This method is really getting around...while watching a video from AfrikanHairGod (Should you invest in Expensive Shears) someone noted in the comment section to him: "I so enjoy your videos. They are understandable and straight to the point. Can you make a video on your opinion of the Cherry Lola Caramel and Maximum Hydration Methods, please?" LOL!
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Crownstar Crownstar wrote:

Tresemme’ Naturals with Sweet Oange and Lemongrass
Yes – more Tresemme’ Naturals info lol!

I told my friend about the TMHM and she insisted on finding the approved Tresemme yesterday we went on a Tresemme’ hunt.
I’m in Jax FL and I found at:
Kmart ($5.99 and Walmart ($4.98) (The Market Center, not the Superstores)
We will continue the hunt this weekend and I will let you know if I find anymore.
As the approved formula is discontinued what we’ve found is that you need to visit the off the beaten path stores – stores that don’t have quick turnarounds like a large easily accessible Walmart. For example, I hardly see anyone in Kmart – at least not here in my town – please be safe though and know the area of town you are travelling in lol!
Hth.

I found 2 bottles at Kmart near me too. There was one bad formula with the white top, then behind that one were the two bottles of the approved versions. I'm telling y'all the bad formula is discontinued because people complained about the alcohol. I hope Kmart restocks them soon even though there is still one left LOL
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 11:44am
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

I told my friend about the TMHM and she insisted on finding the approved Tresemme yesterday we went on a Tresemme’ hunt.
We will continue the hunt this weekend and I will let you know if I find anymore.
As the approved formula is discontinued what we’ve found is that you need to visit the off the beaten path stores – stores that don’t have quick turnarounds like a large easily accessible Walmart. For example, I hardly see anyone in Kmart – at least not here in my town – please be safe though and know the area of town you are travelling in lol!
Hth.

I found 2 bottles at Kmart near me too. There was one bad formula with
the white top, then behind that one were the two bottles of the approved
versions. I'm telling y'all the bad formula is discontinued because
people complained about the alcohol. I hope Kmart restocks them soon
even though there is still one left LOL

oh, so aharri you think the drier formula was discontinued?
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 11:46am
Originally posted by nothidden nothidden wrote:

Hth.

Yes and here why..

http://confessionsofanaturalgal.blogspot.com/2013/10/tresemme-naturals-conditioner-that-is.html

if you look at that picture, the new packaging for tresseme nourishing moisture conditioner as of last year october 2013 was a black top and black logo, compared to the old one which had a white top and white logo. Why would it be any different for radiant volume? Also notice how the older one says "New" on it even though it isn't..giving you the false impression that it is new
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 12:02pm

Originally posted by nothidden nothidden wrote:

Hth.

Yes and here why..

http://confessionsofanaturalgal.blogspot.com/2013/10/tresemme-naturals-conditioner-that-is.html

if
you look at that picture, the new packaging for tresseme nourishing
moisture conditioner as of last year october 2013 was a black top and
black logo, compared to the old one which had a white top and white
logo. Why would it be any different for radiant volume? Also notice how
the older one says "New" on it even though it isn't..giving you the
false impression that it is new
So some sites are advertising the old formula (white top, drying) but are gagging people by sending them the 'MHM' formula (lucky us)? I checked the Tresemme site. They advertise the white top but don't list the ingredients. My WalMart order better have black tops!
Myfaithrising View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myfaithrising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 12:30pm
1. Are you seeing results with MHM, or have been at a standstill?
I am seeing steady results especially when I stop trying to substitute in order to use up old product, that always leads to a setback

2. How long have you completed the regimen?(day/wk/mnths) Have you been doing your hair at least every 3 days?
I've been doing the regimen for about a month, I mostly do the day/night split which is working for me

3. Did you do a lot of protein treatments or practice use of heavy protein products before starting MHM?
My hair loves protein so I did a protein treatment (Joico KPak) every week

4. In your old regimen, did you GHE/DC/Steam in your old regimen regularly?
I used to DC with heat every week, no GHE or Steam though.

5. Did you do the CG method before starting MHM?
NO, I never thought CG would work with my hair

6. Do you encorporate DCing GHE or steam now?
I overnight DC now and my hair loves it.

7. What other options/versions are you doing? DC/Steam/Warm condish, BS, ACV?
I did the ACV once and it was ok, the BS made more sense to me. I do the split with an overnight DC, its working for my so im going to stick with it.

8. What is your hair porosity and curl type?
I am a low porosity 4B/4C

9. Are you using the approved products?
Yes, when I do my hair is much happier

10. How long is your hair? TWA? Brastrap? (don't give inches but something general to visualize)
I am almost APL when stretched

11. How does your hair look like during the clay step? Is it weighed down, white, and looks like each curl unit is coated?
It looks white, very defined and weighed down.

12. What are you using for the clay step specifically?
I use 2/3 bentonite clay, 1/3 rhassoul clay, honey, olive oil and a bit of neem oil to keep my scalp in check

13. What products are you using? I use the both of the approved Tresemme conditioners, TJTTT to switch up, KCKT as my leave in and I alternate between Flax gel and KCCC to seal

14. Do you water down your conditioner? Do you find it works better without or doesn't make a difference?

I don't water down the DC step but I do water down the leave in and the BS step. I also do a very diluted conditioner step in the shower after the clay while I'm still in the shower

15. Do you detangle with your fingers or a comb?
Definitely fingers although I'll use a comb every couple of months.

16. Are you natural or transitioning?
I am natural

17. Do you have hair color?
I henna and I'm due for a touchup, thinking I may sub the henna for the clay step next week

18. Do you section your hair to apply stuff? Do you apply stuff starting from the scalp/root?
I section for every step and I make it a point to start at the root because my habit is to start with the length.

19. Do you do the steps on soaking wet
Yup, the only step I do dry is the BS step, I have to double check because I though I was supposed to do that step dry.

msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Muslimah Dominicana Muslimah Dominicana wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by Muslimah Dominicana Muslimah Dominicana wrote:

Question: Has anybody had any sensitivity toward the Cherry Lola Treatment? I finally got all my products for the Cherry Lola Caramel... I'm a little nerves because I had a horrible experience doing a protein treatment a few months ago... €:( Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Hi Muslimah, welcome to the journey. yes, you should be fine with the cherry lola. The egg is optional. Overall this is a animal based protein treatment, so you will not have issues if your hair is low porosity. Just don't do it more often than 2 weeks.

Thank You So Much For Taking Your Time To Answer My Concern, Pinke!! Your Time & Selflessness Is Very Much Appreciated!! I Love You & MsDeeKay To Pieces!! :-D #TeamMaximumHydration :-D #BecauseWeAreWorthIt!! ~_~

Aww Muslimah Dominicana, you are way too sweet! Thank you :
Originally posted by </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;>nothidden</span><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;> nothidden wrote:

This was so me MsDeeKay. Before committing to the MHM I had been doing evening clay/acv rinses followed by DC GHE for two weeks straight (w/just one missed night). I absolutely believe that gave my hair a boost and also prepared me for the daily and nightly work ahead. My hair was described as 'brillo' before all this; the same person just called me 'curly girl' 
Has anyone here actually slept w/the clay overnight? What was your hair like in the morning? My hair gets clumpier and clumpier with each use now (especially this morning, whew!); wonder what an overnight session would result in.

That's so cool that you went from your hair being described as a brillo to you being called curly girl. I also was doing GHE with castor oil from September 2013 till around March 2014 on and off before starting MHM and I think that helped my hair a lot. Its actually during this time when I started noticing some of my hair coil a little and so when I read about MHM and pinkecube's story about GHE for 3 months straight, everything made sense to me and I knew what she was saying had to have some truth in it. Going through the whole forum(which was pretty short back then but took me a whole night..(I didnt sleep because I was so intrigued) solidified everything for me and I was a believer LOL Then I pretty much spent the next few weeks watching all of aketafitgirl, danabnatural and rachel cpr's videos LOL

I have several times, especially when I get so exhausted with my kids I say I would wake up and go do my hair and I end up sleeping with clay all nightLOL I've also spent a whole day with it, plan to rinse it out in the morning but never got to doing it and having to rinse it out the next morning.

I noticed my hair became super duper soft, like it went through a super deep treatment. After the rinse out I did noticed the hair to be super defined.

Originally posted by </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;>Crownstar</span><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;> Crownstar wrote:

PD Thompson: I know you are working on a flax seed recipe and so am I. I tried the following yesterday and it came out really good. Here's my recipe for anyone that wants to trry (this is a spinoff from Rachelpcr's). I however needed something with a bit more hold.

3 cups of water
1/4 cup of flax seed
1 & 1/4 teaspoon of marshmallow root
1 teaspoon of Irish moss

Tresemme’ Naturals with Sweet Orange and Lemongrass
Yes – more Tresemme’ Naturals info lol #2

1st – PinkeCube & Ms DeeKay – I can’t thank you enough for TMHM.
I am not sure you are both able to get this product. I’d be happy to send you both a few bottles. 
PinkeCube I know your privacy is important to you and I respect that – therefore if you want I can send them to a PO Box or office address – of course if you are interested.
Ms. DeeKay – Of course the same.
If either of you are interested, please email me privately with your contact info at crownstar@comcast.net.

Thanks for sharing crownstar I need to give this a try, but I first need to find out where I can get marshmallow root and irish moss.

Wow thanks so much for offering will definitely be contacting you. Thanks to nothidden as well because she also offered to do the same :) you guys are angels!

BTW I'm really enjoying reading all the answers to the questions. It would be great if we could have a photo to these so we can compare the answer to the person's current hair progress. But This is good enough. Thanks so much for everyone who responded and I hope more of you will answer these questions so we can come up with some sort of a pattern.
Crownstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Crownstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 1:26pm

GIVEAWAY - Tresemme’ Naturals with Sweet Orange and Lemongrass

This board has been so informative and TMHM has been a game changer for me. For the first time I can wear my hair out (always wore a wig) and for that I will be forever grateful!

As a small token of my thanks, I‘d like to give away (free of charge and I will pay shipping) 2 bottles of the approved Tresemme’ Naturals with Sweet Orange and Lemongrass as I’ve had great success in finding on the ground in my city.

Here are the rules for the Giveaway!

Must be an active member of this board

Must not be able to easily access this product where you live – this is the honor system everyone… Please if you can access, order online or have already, give someone a chance to try that can’t!

Must agree to have you name posted as a winner (your EMAIL name), I will NOT post anyone’s real name)

Must send me an email by 12:00 midnight (EST) Sunday, August 10, 2014 with COMPLETE mailing address.

2 random winners will be selected for 1 bottle each!

1 winner will be US based and 1 will be non-US!

If you are interested and meet the criteria, please email me privately with your COMPLETE ADDRESS/CONTACT info at crownstar@comcast.net.

Please add Tresemme Giveaway in the subject line so I don't think is spam and delete (lol)

Winners will be announced Monday, August 11,2014 and mailed out the following day!

Note: I respect your privacy(and ask you to respect mine) and will UNDER NO circumstance share your contact info…

Good luck!

crownstar@comcast.net
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair