Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 218219220221222 282>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Crownstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crownstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 9:28am
PD Thompson: I know you are working on a flax seed recipe and so am I. I tried the following yesterday and it came out really good. Here's my recipe for anyone that wants to trry (this is a spinoff from Rachelpcr's). I however needed something with a bit more hold.

3 cups of water
1/4 cup of flax seed
1 & 1/4 teaspoon of marshmallow root
1 teaspoon of Irish moss
Sponsored Links

pdthompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdthompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 9:32am
Thanks Crownstar for the Flax Seed recipe. 
Crownstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crownstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 9:45am
Originally posted by pdthompson pdthompson wrote:

Thanks Crownstar for the Flax Seed recipe. <!-- bmi_SafeAddOnload(bmi_load,"bmi_orig_img",0);//-->
You are most welcome...let me know if you try and what you think!
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 9:46am
1. Are you seeing results with MHM, or have been at a standstill?
I think I had more definition a month ago. I see some definition with the clay step but it isn't to my roots. It is probably at the bottom third of my strands. I would say I am at a standstill as far as seeing definition. But I have made progress with retaining moisture day to day.

2. How long have you completed the regimen?(day/wk/mnths) Have you been doing your hair at least every 3 days?
I did 5 days of every day and 3 weeks of every other day. I have been doing every 3 days since. I have been doing the regimen since May 28th. However, I switched over to all approved products June 15th.

3. Did you do a lot of protein treatments or practice use of heavy protein products before starting MHM?
I used a keratin protein treatment 4 days after I colored my hair and perhaps 1x a month.

4. In your old regimen, did you GHE/DC/Steam in your old regimen regularly?
I have always DCd once or twice a week. GHEing irritates my scalp. Steam did nothing for my hair. I do have a steamer.

5. Did you do the CG method before starting MHM?
I did it for 4 months and stopped because I didn't see any results. I then switched to DCing twice a week.

6. Do you encorporate DCing GHE or steam now?
I DC with heat or steam every other wash. I leave my conditioner in a minimum of 30 minutes no matter which wash. I don't DC overnight or GHE because it irritates my scalp.

7. What other options/versions are you doing? DC/Steam/Warm condish, BS, ACV?
I have done them all. Currently I am steaming more but I also DC under heat. I did the warm conditioner more in the beginning. I alternate between the BS and ACV because it seemed when I used BS for each wash my hair seemed dryer. If I do ACV I either steam or DC under heat.

8. What is your hair porosity and curl type?
Low porosity, 4b, medium density.

9. Are you using the approved products?
I am using Tresemme for the conditioner in step 1 and 2. I use it full strength for step 2. Bentonite clay for step 3. Kinky Curly diluted for steps 4 and 5.
Clay recipe: 1/4 cup bentonite clay, 1 cup water, 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp honey

Sometimes I use Naturelle Grow's Herbal Blend Conditioner to DC

10. How long is your hair? TWA? Brastrap? (don't give inches but something general to visualize)
My hair is between ear length and neck length.

11. How does your hair look like during the clay step? Is it weighed down, white, and looks like each curl unit is coated?
It looks slightly weighted down. It doesn't look fully coated. It still looks fuzzy and it starts to poof. It is somewhat white.
I apply the clay twice and work it in for 30 minutes but it still doesn't look fully coated.

12. What are you using for the clay step specifically?
Clay recipe: 1/4 cup bentonite clay, 1 cup water, 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp honey

13. What products are you using?
Step 1: Diluted tresemme or acv
Step 2: Tresemme full strength or Naturelle Grow's Herbal Blend full strength
Step 3. Bentonite recipe as noted in question 12
Step 4. Diluted kknt
Step 5. diluted kccc

Hazelnut oil after it dries.

14. Do you water down your conditioner? Do you find it works better without or doesn't make a difference?
I use the conditioner full strength for step 2 and water down all the other steps. I tried it watered down for step 2 but it seemed to be ineffective. My hair felt hard after I rinsed.

15. Do you detangle with your fingers or a comb?
I was combing initially because the conditioner seems to absorb into my strands when I comb. My hair seems to get weighted down with product when I comb it. I switched to finger combing but the product does not seem to absorb into my strands. I literally have to rake my hair for 20 minutes. It literally seems like I am having to squeeze product into my hair.

16. Are you natural or transitioning?
Natural

17. Do you have hair color?
I colored my hair in April

18. Do you section your hair to apply stuff? Do you apply stuff starting from the scalp/root?
Yes. I section off small sections with my fingers. I usually have to apply everything to my entire head. Then I go back and section and then work the product from root to tip. It is almost impossible to get to my roots to start application.

19. Do you do the steps on soaking wet hair?
Yes
Crownstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crownstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 9:48am
Tresemme’ Naturals with Sweet Oange and Lemongrass
Yes – more Tresemme’ Naturals info lol!

I told my friend about the TMHM and she insisted on finding the approved Tresemme yesterday we went on a Tresemme’ hunt.
I’m in Jax FL and I found at:
Kmart ($5.99 and Walmart ($4.98) (The Market Center, not the Superstores)
We will continue the hunt this weekend and I will let you know if I find anymore.
As the approved formula is discontinued what we’ve found is that you need to visit the off the beaten path stores – stores that don’t have quick turnarounds like a large easily accessible Walmart. For example, I hardly see anyone in Kmart – at least not here in my town – please be safe though and know the area of town you are travelling in lol!
Hth.
Crownstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Crownstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 10:02am
Tresemme’ Naturals with Sweet Orange and Lemongrass
Yes – more Tresemme’ Naturals info lol #2

1st – PinkeCube & Ms DeeKay – I can’t thank you enough for TMHM.
I am not sure you are both able to get this product. I’d be happy to send you both a few bottles.
PinkeCube I know your privacy is important to you and I respect that – therefore if you want I can send them to a PO Box or office address – of course if you are interested.
Ms. DeeKay – Of course the same.
If either of you are interested, please email me privately with your contact info at crownstar@comcast.net.
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Crownstar Crownstar wrote:

Tresemme’ Naturals with Sweet Oange and Lemongrass
Yes – more Tresemme’ Naturals info lol!

I told my friend about the TMHM and she insisted on finding the approved Tresemme yesterday we went on a Tresemme’ hunt.
I’m in Jax FL and I found at:
Kmart ($5.99 and Walmart ($4.98) (The Market Center, not the Superstores)
We will continue the hunt this weekend and I will let you know if I find anymore.
As the approved formula is discontinued what we’ve found is that you need to visit the off the beaten path stores – stores that don’t have quick turnarounds like a large easily accessible Walmart. For example, I hardly see anyone in Kmart – at least not here in my town – please be safe though and know the area of town you are travelling in lol!
Hth.
Crownstar I was thinking the same thing this morning about the type of stores to hit...Great minds...
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Crownstar Crownstar wrote:

Tresemme’ Naturals with Sweet Orange and Lemongrass
Yes – more Tresemme’ Naturals info lol #2

1st – PinkeCube & Ms DeeKay – I can’t thank you enough for TMHM.
I am not sure you are both able to get this product. I’d be happy to send you both a few bottles.
PinkeCube I know your privacy is important to you and I respect that – therefore if you want I can send them to a PO Box or office address – of course if you are interested.
Ms. DeeKay – Of course the same.
If either of you are interested, please email me privately with your contact info at crownstar@comcast.net.
LOL...I offered to send MsDeeKay some too :)
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 10:27am
(From Pinkecube: Anyone who wants please answer these questions.)

Hi, Pinkecube! Hope this helps

1. Are you seeing results with MHM, or have been at a standstill?
I'm seeing steady improvement.

2. How long have you completed the regimen?(day/wk/mnths) Have you been doing your hair at least every 3 days?
I am on Wk2Day5 and have been doing my hair daily (except this past Sunday as I was absolutely fascinated by my new coil bumps at the roots)

3. Did you do a lot of protein treatments or practice use of heavy protein products before starting MHM?
Not sure. I used SheaMoisture products daily; specifically the curl enhancing smoothie, souffle', and creams. I did use EcoStyler a few times; this got progressively worse though.

4. In your old regimen, did you GHE/DC/Steam in your old regimen regularly?
Yes! I mixed a few SheaMoisture creams and conditioners in a bottle and applied to wet hair at night, then slept w/plastic cap. I did this for 2 wks straight before starting MHM.

5. Did you do the CG method before starting MHM?
No. I was skeptical of not using any cleanser, so cleansed w/a clay/acv mix; not many wash-n-go's either, just noncurly fros.

6. Do you encorporate DCing GHE or steam now? Absolutely...this is a Godsend.

7. What other options/versions are you doing? DC/Steam/Warm condish, BS, ACV?
Started w/ACV; tried BS once and have been using it ever since; one time I slept w/my heat cap as it cooled; a couple times I used the heat cap but didn't sleep in it; didn't notice a difference w/the heat cap.

8. What is your hair porosity and curl type?
Oh whatever D-R-Y is! Used to take a lot to get it soaking wet for shampooing. Not sure about the type, but before using DC/GHE I didn't have noticeable curls.

9. Are you using the approved products? Absolutely

10. How long is your hair? TWA? Brastrap? (don't give inches but something general to visualize) TWA

11. How does your hair look like during the clay step? Is it weighed down, white, and looks like each curl unit is coated?
It isn't weighed down because it's short and I pick thru it to make sure every strand is coated. This makes my hair stick up, but it is definitely white and the curl gets more and more defined.

12. What are you using for the clay step specifically?
Today, my BEST clay clump day, I mixed half the recommended batch. So...
.5 cup of aztec bentonite clay
1 - 1.5 cups of distilled water (i have a distiller, use it for all the mixing and watering down)
eyeballed half the olive oil amount
eyeballed half the (slight warmed) raw honey amount

Today I shook the applicator, warmed the contents in a container of hot water, then shook again. I know the recipe is for warmed water, but I wonder if the warming after mixing helped. My curls were REALLY defined and clumping before I put the plastic cap on my head and when I rinsed, the length looked half of what it is. Curl clumps were hugging my scalp. So far, my hair was the most 'different' today.

13. What products are you using?
TJTTT for the first week; the approved TRESemme Naturals Radiant Volume Conditioner for the 2nd week; Herbal Choice Mari Hair Styling Gel for Him & Her (Organic)

14. Do you water down your conditioner? Yes. Do you find it works better without or doesn't make a difference? I find it works better if I am heavy on the conditioner, especially during DC/GHE. If I don't use enough conditioner, my hair is absolutely dry in the morning.

15. Do you detangle with your fingers or a comb? Sadly, I don't detangle at all. I feel like my hair is too short, and I thought combs weren't allowed (not sure where I picked this up) :(

16. Are you natural or transitioning? Natural

17. Do you have hair color? I wish

18. Do you section your hair to apply stuff? Do you apply stuff starting from the scalp/root? Ugh...yes and no. I definitely part my hair for my morning wash-n-go, but not for the clay step. For the wash-n-go I apply from the scalp/root. For the clay step, I goop my entire head, massage the clay into my scalp for a while, then stand in the mirror while massaging the mix thru very small sections that I grab with my finger tips (this last part I do thru my whole head at least 2 or 3Xs). Apply more clay when necessary.

19. Do you do the steps on soaking wet hair? BS-yes; Clay-yes. (because I thought only the cherry lola caramel treatment was to be done on dry hair)
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 10:40am

Edited by nothidden - Aug 08 2014 at 10:41am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair