(From Pinkecube: Anyone who wants please answer these questions.)
Hi, Pinkecube! Hope this helps
1. Are you seeing results with MHM, or have been at a standstill?
I'm seeing steady improvement.
2. How long have you completed the regimen?(day/wk/mnths) Have you been doing your hair at least every 3 days?
I am on Wk2Day5 and have been doing my hair daily (except this past Sunday as I was absolutely fascinated by my new coil bumps at the roots)
3. Did you do a lot of protein treatments or practice use of heavy protein products before starting MHM?
Not sure. I used SheaMoisture products daily; specifically the curl enhancing smoothie, souffle', and creams. I did use EcoStyler a few times; this got progressively worse though.
4. In your old regimen, did you GHE/DC/Steam in your old regimen regularly?
Yes! I mixed a few SheaMoisture creams and conditioners in a bottle and applied to wet hair at night, then slept w/plastic cap. I did this for 2 wks straight before starting MHM.
5. Did you do the CG method before starting MHM?
No. I was skeptical of not using any cleanser, so cleansed w/a clay/acv mix; not many wash-n-go's either, just noncurly fros.
6. Do you encorporate DCing GHE or steam now? Absolutely...this is a Godsend.
7. What other options/versions are you doing? DC/Steam/Warm condish, BS, ACV?
Started w/ACV; tried BS once and have been using it ever since; one time I slept w/my heat cap as it cooled; a couple times I used the heat cap but didn't sleep in it; didn't notice a difference w/the heat cap.
8. What is your hair porosity and curl type?
Oh whatever D-R-Y is! Used to take a lot to get it soaking wet for shampooing. Not sure about the type, but before using DC/GHE I didn't have noticeable curls.
9. Are you using the approved products? Absolutely
10. How long is your hair? TWA? Brastrap? (don't give inches but something general to visualize) TWA
11. How does your hair look like during the clay step? Is it weighed down, white, and looks like each curl unit is coated?
It isn't weighed down because it's short and I pick thru it to make sure every strand is coated. This makes my hair stick up, but it is definitely white and the curl gets more and more defined.
12. What are you using for the clay step specifically?
Today, my BEST clay clump day, I mixed half the recommended batch. So...
.5 cup of aztec bentonite clay
1 - 1.5 cups of distilled water (i have a distiller, use it for all the mixing and watering down)
eyeballed half the olive oil amount
eyeballed half the (slight warmed) raw honey amount
Today I shook the applicator, warmed the contents in a container of hot water, then shook again. I know the recipe is for warmed water, but I wonder if the warming after mixing helped. My curls were REALLY defined and clumping before I put the plastic cap on my head and when I rinsed, the length looked half of what it is. Curl clumps were hugging my scalp. So far, my hair was the most 'different' today.
13. What products are you using?
TJTTT for the first week; the approved TRESemme Naturals Radiant Volume Conditioner for the 2nd week; Herbal Choice Mari Hair Styling Gel for Him & Her (Organic)
14. Do you water down your conditioner? Yes. Do you find it works better without or doesn't make a difference? I find it works better if I am heavy on the conditioner, especially during DC/GHE. If I don't use enough conditioner, my hair is absolutely dry in the morning.
15. Do you detangle with your fingers or a comb? Sadly, I don't detangle at all. I feel like my hair is too short, and I thought combs weren't allowed (not sure where I picked this up) :(
16. Are you natural or transitioning? Natural
17. Do you have hair color? I wish
18. Do you section your hair to apply stuff? Do you apply stuff starting from the scalp/root? Ugh...yes and no. I definitely part my hair for my morning wash-n-go, but not for the clay step. For the wash-n-go I apply from the scalp/root. For the clay step, I goop my entire head, massage the clay into my scalp for a while, then stand in the mirror while massaging the mix thru very small sections that I grab with my finger tips (this last part I do thru my whole head at least 2 or 3Xs). Apply more clay when necessary.
19. Do you do the steps on soaking wet hair? BS-yes; Clay-yes. (because I thought only the cherry lola caramel treatment was to be done on dry hair)