Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 217218219220221 278>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 12:50am
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Hi ladies, I just wanted to encourage all of you who feel that your hair is progressing at a slow pace. I truly believe that no matter where you are, you will eventually get to your goal. It may take longer for some but with patience you will get there.

One thing that stuck with me when I was watching aketafitgirl's videos is that she believed in the CG method so much that she said that no matter what happens she is sticking to the regimen because she believes it was good for her hair. She said that she knows people who start the CG method and say I'll give it this amount of time and if it doesnt work out I'm trying something else. But she said was committed to sticking it out till the end. And look at her now....It took her 8 months but she got there.

I think there are a lot of factors that contribute to the pace of progress. Some things I can think of is:
1. The condition of the hair before starting. I have noticed that a lot of people who transition from the CG method or GHE are having faster results.
2. frequency
3. technique.
4. Sensitivity to products

Pinke has put together a troubleshooting the regimen guide, perhaps going through it may help.

1. Applying product on soaking wet hair. This includes:

Wet hair when applying DC.
    Wet hair when applying clay
    Wet hair when applying leave in. You can wet your hair right after the clay step is rinsed out, then apply your watered down (or not, up to you, also up to you how much you water down your leave in.) leave in all at once, then rewet quickly under the running shower water, and shake. Then applying gel section by section, making sure to apply more conditioner and keep areas soaking wet as needed if they dry before you get to them.
Hair must remain wet as you apply gel.

2. Separating during the clay step. You can watch a tuturial here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbB4TQGsOck

3. Making sure to properly separate coils as you apply leave in and gel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGr2F2LIObE

4. Making sure all your products are MHM friendly: You cannot expect quick or effective results just using any old product that isn't compatible with your hair.

5. Making sure you have experimented with other options and versions. For example, your hair could have an issue with acv, and prefer bakingsoda. Or maybe you may benefit from steaming instead of just a warm cowash.

6. Making sure you are not expecting results too fast. Sometimes it best to be patient. Do not expect to get perfect root to tip definition on your first try. For some it may happen, but that may take time for others. Just appreciate any other changes you notice the results will come.

7. Making sure you are not spacing out your regimen repeats too far apart. Even if you can't do all the steps, it's better to introduce moisture by either doing step 1-2 and stopping at DC until you can complete the other steps, or even just doing a quick cowash leave in and go. Anything is better than going a week with out moisturizing your hair if you are just starting out. Keep with in 3-4 days.

8. You can try leaving the B.S./ACV/Clay/DC steps longer.

9. making sure you are properly getting shed hairs out and detangling to help your coils not want to stick together in big frizzy clumps.

10. Absolutely make sure you aren't skipping any steps.

11. If scalp itches, either add more conditioner to your bakingsoda mix, or less bakingsoda.

12. Many ppl have issues their first week, and it passes. If you are having crunchy hair that is a trial and error thing that will pass. just make sure to follow instructions on step 1.

13. Recently I got info about how when clay is wet, it draws more toxins out of the hair and it makes it more effective. You may consider getting a thermal heating cap to use during the clay step, maybe leaving it a bit longer. This may help you get through the Detox phase faster if you are stuck in it.

14. If you are having trouble with DC as a split, you can oil your scalp with anti microbial oils, or use a thermal heating cap while you DC. Otherwise you can split the regimen, by doing step 1-3 (step2 would be a warm cowash or steam, not overnight DC) and then put a cap over your head with the clay on it, to DC with the CLAY overnight. This may prevent the itching effect as well, you might experiment with it.

15. If you are having trouble with tangles during DC overnight, remember to do what is detailed on this page:

http://www.msdeekay.com/3968/how-to-keep-type-4-natural-hair-from-forming-knots-and-tangles/
Hey guys, I wanted to address the issues with any users doing the regimen for awhile and not seeing results. This is going to be long and detailed, so I hope u guys will give this a go because I think this is pretty important.

I think Dee is getting on to something here with that list of things she noticed. For the people doing this regimen and it is working. I'd like to ask some questions for the ppl having quick results(with definition, not MH, because even if you get definition with gel, it is still the product free hair that counts) so far to help really determine the all the factors. I will post the questions soon.

But along with things Dee mentioned, another thing I have noticed that I think is extremely important about the ppl having quick success-- at least from what I have seen from myself, Dee, on instagram and pics that some of you have pm'd or emailed me.

When I look back at these pics, one trend I am really starting to see is the ppl being heavy handed with the clay step are getting better results, compared to ones who are being a bit light with the clay. I remember this is a pretty noticeable thing I saw when I skyped with another person who was doing this regimen. I could tell that the clay was not actually coating all of their strands.

Now when I say heavy, I don't mean the clay is thick, like playdough. But should really weigh your hair down, and be visibly white. Like as if you did a wash n go with clay. Your hair will quickly pick up that memory and you should get clumping when you do the defining for the wash n go style. Let me post a couple pictures of both mine, Msdeekay's, and Desiree Banungo's hair during the clay step so you can get a clearer idea of what I mean:
my hair is very weighed down during the clay step.

MHM tip: To make sure All your strands are coated with the clay, your hair should be white all over(or the color of your clay) and weighed down. #maxhydrationmethod  the ppl getting the fastest results with definition and moisture are doing this.

http://photos-a.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xpa1/10413865_835276196502248_115906407_n.jpg
More of Desiree Banungos testimony pics. This is with the clay in her hair
I ensure my hair strands get fully covered with the clay, by sectioning my hair before I start, then in each row literally taking the bottle I put it in, and squeezing it directly on my scalp and smoothing it down. I can feel when I do this that even my scalp is covered, and so I can feel it at the roots of all the strands in that section first and am able to smooth it down.

Another important thing is it feels creamy, not squeaky. If your clay rinse feels squeaky, then something is wrong and it wont be easy to distribute, and it can feel dry after rinsing. I had this experience before but it wasn't with bentonite clay, where the water just seemed to be too much for the clay and the clay didn't seem to want to swell or become thick. I also tend to like my clay mix better on the second day, because of how creamy it gets. Overall, It should feel slippery, so you should be applying quite a lot to ensure each strand is coated.

If you are having issues, and your hair does not look like this during the clay step ( white, and each and every strand is visibly coated) then something is a miss. I would like to get feedback on this tip, and if possible, pictures. Feel free to blur ur face out, you know me. Anyone having issues with the regimen consistently and feels like there is a bit of a stump, really try this and tell me if it helped. Really take from these pics, above and Dee's video and try to mimick this Dee's video is very helpful because it is exactly how I do my clay step. now I realize maybe because I have talked to her many times about this in detail off the forum, she has a good grasp of this. I don't think i have ever gone into this much direct detail about the clay step on the forum actually, I just assumed for awhile everyone was doing it this way after I posted my video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgEuwPwkqD8

I remember there was a point where I was doing well with the regimen for a while, seeing improvements but then it seem to reach a point where my hair was just staying the same. This was around april, and it lasted for a few weeks. but these really stubborn areas around my edges wouldn't even define at all. My edges were the driest Implementing this and starting to separate coils during the clay got those areas defining and feeling softer, and my hair started improving each wash once again.

Another list of thing you want to avoid doing, specifically during the clay step.

• Applying the clay and smoothing your hair back almost like a relaxer so it looks flat to your scalp.
  • Not sectioning your hair
  • Hair not looking visibly white on every strand(see pics above for reference)
  • towel drying after clay step
  • applying clay on dry hair
  • applying clay to scalp/base/root of curl units
I also believe the clay step should encourage your hair to clump, if your hair is not clumping at the root with the clay step, apply the clay to your roots. I emphasize applying everything to your scalp first and work it up to the roots and down the strand, because it is the easiest way to ensure each strand is coated.

Our hair is tightly coiled, so we have a lot of shrinkage and our coils shrink right to our scalp, and especially when you are just starting, it is going to be more work to get your hair completely covered with product. Not everyone can just put products on their hair, it has to be done in sections, and aimed at the scalp/root/base of your hair strands. The tighter and kinkier your curls are, the more notoriously difficult it is going to be for your fingers to get to your scalp, especially if your hair is dry.

Keeping that basic principle in mind is going to enable your to master the wash n go too. Since I have max hydration, I can do wash n go's with out even sectioning my hair because of this. though I normally section my hair into 4 sections(i used to section much smaller) just so I can control how much gel I use. But I avoided doing that before, because the products would simply not get on my all my strands that way.

Anyway, I hope this helps you guys. Thanks for sticking it out, and not being quiet about this, so I can try address the issue. try this tip out and give some feedback and pics well. You can also email me the pictures to maxhydrationmethod@gmail.com, if you have issues with the forum, and I can post them on the forum if you want me too.

Edited by pinkecube - Aug 08 2014 at 1:09am
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 12:54am
Originally posted by nicks_hotmama06 nicks_hotmama06 wrote:

Could I use a product similar to the EcoCustard (that is usually made with Eco Styler gel and oil) but instead use an approved gel, such as flax, but mixed with shea butter or coconut butter and oil to make a "curly pudding"??? Would this be easily removed with the approved cleansing methods, or would this be too heavy?
yes, you can but it also depends on how much butter you are adding as well, so it isn't too heavy. You will have to use your own discretion about that. like if it is more heavy on the butter and not the gel, it can be problematic.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 1:30am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Hi ladies, I just wanted to encourage all of you who feel that your hair is progressing at a slow pace. I truly believe that no matter where you are, you will eventually get to your goal. It may take longer for some but with patience you will get there.

One thing that stuck with me when I was watching aketafitgirl's videos is that she believed in the CG method so much that she said that no matter what happens she is sticking to the regimen because she believes it was good for her hair. She said that she knows people who start the CG method and say I'll give it this amount of time and if it doesnt work out I'm trying something else. But she said was committed to sticking it out till the end. And look at her now....It took her 8 months but she got there.

I think there are a lot of factors that contribute to the pace of progress. Some things I can think of is:
1. The condition of the hair before starting. I have noticed that a lot of people who transition from the CG method or GHE are having faster results.
2. frequency
3. technique.

Pinke has put together a troubleshooting the regimen guide, perhaps going through it may help.

Wet hair when applying leave in. You can wet your hair right after the clay step is rinsed out, then apply your watered down (or not, up to you, also up to you how much you water down your leave in.) leave in all at once, then rewet quickly under the running shower water, and shake. Then applying gel section by section, making sure to apply more conditioner and keep areas soaking wet as needed if they dry before you get to them.

4. Making sure all your products are MHM friendly: You cannot expect quick or effective results just using any old product that isn't compatible with your hair.

5. Making sure you have experimented with other options and versions. For example, your hair could have an issue with acv, and prefer bakingsoda. Or maybe you may benefit from steaming instead of just a warm cowash.

6. Making sure you are not expecting results too fast. Sometimes it best to be patient. Do not expect to get perfect root to tip definition on your first try. For some it may happen, but that may take time for others. Just appreciate any other changes you notice the results will come.

7. Making sure you are not spacing out your regimen repeats too far apart. Even if you can't do all the steps, it's better to introduce moisture by either doing step 1-2 and stopping at DC until you can complete the other steps, or even just doing a quick cowash leave in and go. Anything is better than going a week with out moisturizing your hair if you are just starting out. Keep with in 3-4 days.

9. making sure you are properly getting shed hairs out and detangling to help your coils not want to stick together in big frizzy clumps.

11. If scalp itches, either add more conditioner to your bakingsoda mix, or less bakingsoda.

12. Many ppl have issues their first week, and it passes. If you are having crunchy hair that is a trial and error thing that will pass. just make sure to follow instructions on step 1.

13. Recently I got info about how when clay is wet, it draws more toxins out of the hair and it makes it more effective. You may consider getting a thermal heating cap to use during the clay step, maybe leaving it a bit longer. This may help you get through the Detox phase faster if you are stuck in it.

14. If you are having trouble with DC as a split, you can oil your scalp with anti microbial oils, or use a thermal heating cap while you DC. Otherwise you can split the regimen, by doing step 1-3 (step2 would be a warm cowash or steam, not overnight DC) and then put a cap over your head with the clay on it, to DC with the CLAY overnight. This may prevent the itching effect as well, you might experiment with it.

15. If you are having trouble with tangles during DC overnight, remember to do what is detailed on this page:

http://www.msdeekay.com/3968/how-to-keep-type-4-natural-hair-from-forming-knots-and-tangles/
Hey guys, I wanted to address the issues with any users doing the regimen for awhile and not seeing results. This is going to be long and detailed, so I hope u guys will give this a go because I think this is pretty important.

I think Dee is getting on to something here with that list of things she noticed. For the people doing this regimen and it is working. I'd like to ask some questions for the ppl having quick results(with definition, not MH, because even if you get definition with gel, it is still the product free hair that counts) so far to help really determine the all the factors. I will post the questions soon.

But along with things Dee mentioned, another thing I have noticed that I think is extremely important about the ppl having quick success-- at least from what I have seen from myself, Dee, on instagram and pics that some of you have pm'd or emailed me.

When I look back at these pics, one trend I am really starting to see is the ppl being heavy handed with the clay step are getting better results, compared to ones who are being a bit light with the clay. I remember this is a pretty noticeable thing I saw when I skyped with another person who was doing this regimen. I could tell that the clay was not actually coating all of their strands.

Now when I say heavy, I don't mean the clay is thick, like playdough. But should really weigh your hair down, and be visibly white. Like as if you did a wash n go with clay. Your hair will quickly pick up that memory and you should get clumping when you do the defining for the wash n go style. Let me post a couple pictures of both mine, Msdeekay's, and Desiree Banungo's hair during the clay step so you can get a clearer idea of what I mean:

MHM tip: To make sure All your strands are coated with the clay, your hair should be white all over(or the color of your clay) and weighed down. #maxhydrationmethod  the ppl getting the fastest results with definition and moisture are doing this.

http://photos-a.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xpa1/10413865_835276196502248_115906407_n.jpg
I ensure my hair strands get fully covered with the clay, by sectioning my hair before I start, then in each row literally taking the bottle I put it in, and squeezing it directly on my scalp and smoothing it down. I can feel when I do this that even my scalp is covered, and so I can feel it at the roots of all the strands in that section first and am able to smooth it down.

Another important thing is it feels creamy, not squeaky. If your clay rinse feels squeaky, then something is wrong and it wont be easy to distribute, and it can feel dry after rinsing. I had this experience before but it wasn't with bentonite clay, where the water just seemed to be too much for the clay and the clay didn't seem to want to swell or become thick. I also tend to like my clay mix better on the second day, because of how creamy it gets. Overall, It should feel slippery, so you should be applying quite a lot to ensure each strand is coated.

If you are having issues, and your hair does not look like this during the clay step ( white, and each and every strand is visibly coated) then something is a miss. I would like to get feedback on this tip, and if possible, pictures. Feel free to blur ur face out, you know me. Anyone having issues with the regimen consistently and feels like there is a bit of a stump, really try this and tell me if it helped. Really take from these pics, above and Dee's video and try to mimick this Dee's video is very helpful because it is exactly how I do my clay step. now I realize maybe because I have talked to her many times about this in detail off the forum, she has a good grasp of this. I don't think i have ever gone into this much direct detail about the clay step on the forum actually, I just assumed for awhile everyone was doing it this way after I posted my video.

I remember there was a point where I was doing well with the regimen for a while, seeing improvements but then it seem to reach a point where my hair was just staying the same. This was around april, and it lasted for a few weeks. but these really stubborn areas around my edges wouldn't even define at all. My edges were the driest Implementing this and starting to separate coils during the clay got those areas defining and feeling softer, and my hair started improving each wash once again.

Another list of thing you want to avoid doing, specifically during the clay step.

• Applying the clay and smoothing your hair back almost like a relaxer so it looks flat to your scalp.
I also believe the clay step should encourage your hair to clump, if your hair is not clumping at the root with the clay step, apply the clay to your roots. I emphasize applying everything to your scalp first and work it up to the roots and down the strand, because it is the easiest way to ensure each strand is coated.

Our hair is tightly coiled, so we have a lot of shrinkage and our coils shrink right to our scalp, and especially when you are just starting, it is going to be more work to get your hair completely covered with product. Not everyone can just put products on their hair, it has to be done in sections, and aimed at the scalp/root/base of your hair strands. The tighter and kinkier your curls are, the more notoriously difficult it is going to be for your fingers to get to your scalp, especially if your hair is dry.

Keeping that basic principle in mind is going to enable your to master the wash n go too. Since I have max hydration, I can do wash n go's with out even sectioning my hair because of this. though I normally section my hair into 4 sections(i used to section much smaller) just so I can control how much gel I use. But I avoided doing that before, because the products would simply not get on my all my strands that way.

Anyway, I hope this helps you guys. Thanks for sticking it out, and not being quiet about this, so I can try address the issue. try this tip out and give some feedback and pics well. You can also email me the pictures to maxhydrationmethod@gmail.com, if you have issues with the forum, and I can post them on the forum if you want me too.

Anyone who wants please answer these questions.

1. Are you seeing results with MHM, or have been at a standstill?

2. How long have you completed the regimen?(day/wk/mnths) Have you been doing your hair at least every 3 days?

3. Did you do a lot of protein treatments or practice use of heavy protein products before starting MHM?

4. In your old regimen, did you GHE/DC/Steam in your old regimen regularly?

5. Did you do the CG method before starting MHM?

6. Do you encorporate DCing GHE or steam now?

7. What other options/versions are you doing? DC/Steam/Warm condish, BS, ACV?

8. What is your hair porosity and curl type?

9. Are you using the approved products?

10. How long is your hair? TWA? Brastrap? (don't give inches but something general to visualize)

11. How does your hair look like during the clay step? Is it weighed down, white, and looks like each curl unit is coated?

12. What are you using for the clay step specifically?

13. What products are you using?

14. Do you water down your conditioner? Do you find it works better without or doesn't make a difference?

15. Do you detangle with your fingers or a comb?

16. Are you natural or transitioning?

17. Do you have hair color?

18. Do you section your hair to apply stuff? Do you apply stuff starting from the scalp/root?

19. Do you do the steps on soaking wet hair?
nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 2:33am
Pinke - I went back to watch your wash and go video and I noticed.....your hair is not white even when you applied the leave in and gel.  My hair is always white after I apply the gel. Am I using too much gel??? I know you said the hair should feel slippery, but am I going overboard? I hate to leave the house with wet hair, because it always looks like I didn't rinse my conditioner out, lolOuch
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 2:54am
Originally posted by nicks_hotmama06 nicks_hotmama06 wrote:

Pinke - I went back to watch your wash and go video and I noticed.....your hair is not white even when you applied the leave in and gel.  My hair is always white after I apply the gel. Am I using too much gel??? I know you said the hair should feel slippery, but am I going overboard? I hate to leave the house with wet hair, because it always looks like I didn't rinse my conditioner out, lolOuch
hi nicks_hotmama, my conditioner is watered down in the vid, and areas don't get as foamy when I apply conditioner because of that. On top of that, I actually slid out excess foam from my hair in the video with my fingers as a smoothed if the section was too foamy.

Currently I wet my hair in the shower and apply watered down conditioner all over my head first right after the clay step. I point the applicator tip right at my scalp and make sure all my strands get saturated. Then I wet my hair under the water again and shake. By then my hair is not white. Then I section off my hair and apply gel from root to tip. So it is more of a conditioner issue, than gel. If your hair looks white when you apply conditioner, you may want to try wetting your hair and shaking, or just sliding the foam out of your hair with your fingers. If your hair is white when the conditioner is in it, it will be white when you apply the gel.
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Myfaithrising Myfaithrising wrote:

Yes,yes, yes I feel the same way about the tresemme radiant volume. I was doing will with the TJTTT, but when I got my hands on the tresemme things really took off!! I don't know what is about that formula that works so well, I tried the approved nourishing moisture and it didn't do as well as the radiant volume. I have hundreds of dollars in products looking for something I found with this regimen and a $5 conditioner, who knew!!!

LOL...I hear ya'. I can't get over how well this conditioner aids in hydration. They finally get something right, then stop making it.
Tallbeautie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tallbeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 8:56am

2. frequency
3. technique.

Anyone who wants please answer these questions.

2. How long have you completed the regimen?(day/wk/mnths) Have you been doing your hair at least every 3 days?

3. Did you do a lot of protein treatments or practice use of heavy protein products before starting MHM?

10. How long is your hair? TWA? Brastrap? (don't give inches but something general to visualize)

11. How does your hair look like during the clay step? Is it weighed down, white, and looks like each curl unit is coated?

14. Do you water down your conditioner? Do you find it works better without or doesn't make a difference?

18. Do you section your hair to apply stuff? Do you apply stuff starting from the scalp/root?

The first week I saw major changes but things have slowed down. I am see small changes though. I do have curls at the ends when I rinse out but I still have a ways to go. I feel curls forming at the roots but they are not visible yet.

2 weeks and about 12 times

I was using Aphoghee about every two weeks and I was using conditioners with cones.
I did steam and DC.

No
I steam and GHE overnight
I DC, Steam, and BC. The first two times I did ACV but it made my hair so dry.
Low porosity 4a and very thick

I use TJTTT for everything. I'm using bentonite clay for my clay step.

Right above bra strap.

It's completely coated and I just started being very detailed in separating my curls.

Bentonite clay

TJTTT, bentonite clay, baking soda, flaxseed gel along with Aloe vera gel

I only water it down during the ACV. For everything else I leave it as is. It works better for my hair.

Fingers

Natural

I've done henna before in the front section because of my grey hairs.

Yes and yes

Yes
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 9:00am

Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

Originally posted by Tallbeautie Tallbeautie wrote:

Originally posted by nothidden nothidden wrote:

Originally posted by Tallbeautie Tallbeautie wrote:

Originally posted by naturally50 naturally50 wrote:

Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

Originally posted by tyniagf1 tyniagf1 wrote:

Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

This was so me MsDeeKay. Before committing to the MHM I had been doing evening clay/acv rinses followed by DC GHE for two weeks straight (w/just one missed night). I absolutely believe that gave my hair a boost and also prepared me for the daily and nightly work ahead. My hair was described as 'brillo' before all this; the same person just called me 'curly girl'
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 9:04am
I will try to answer the questions this weekend when I'm at a computer.

What I notice with the clay step is that the clay seems to sit on top of the water. So I have to apply the clay all over and then go back and apply clay section by section to even get it to stick to my hair. And I work the clay through for a total of 30 minutes because my hair des not lay down without a lot of work.

I'm doing smaller batches of clay 1/4 cup of bentonite, 1 cup water, 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp honey. I use tresemme full strength for step 2. Diluted did nothing for my hair. I alternate bs and acv to keep my hair being so dry.

My hair still looks like the pictures I posted for wash 21 when you thought I didn't define my coils. That was defined.
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 9:17am

Originally posted by cnomad11 cnomad11 wrote:

Oh no no no! lol

In regards to what I did, twice, during the first seven days IS do steps 1-3 (deep conditioning with a shower cap for an hour), rinsing out the clay then doing another deep condition/ghe overnight and finishing up with (another clay treatment after the overnight deep condition)- i.e. steps 3-5 the morning after. I hope this makes sense. Maybe if I explain it like this:

TWICE DURING INITIAL WEEK
Night before: 1 (30mins), 2 (1 hour), 3 (1-2hours), overnight deep condition
Next morning: 3 (1 hour), 4, then 5

What I'm asking about in regards to my yoga- option 1- is if I could do, what I did last night, which is sleep overnight with the clay and do steps 4 and 5 right before heading to yoga and doing a brief 4 and 5 step re-do as a result of all the sweating induced by the class. I would light to make it clear that the room is 90-100 degrees with 40% humidity; so I'm not talking about normal sweating, I'm talking dripping and soaking wet with sweat. It's like detoxing in a sauna, but doing yoga as well instead of just sitting still. This may go;

LAST NIGHT, TONIGHT, AND YOGA PROPOSAL
Night before: 1 (30mins), 2 (1 hour), 3 (overnight)
Morning after: 4 and 5
[then yoga class]
After yoga: 4 and 5

Is this better?
Oh okay,lol yes that is definetly fine to do. you can sleep with the clay overnight and continue the steps in the morning.

Has anyone here actually slept w/the clay overnight? What was your hair like in the morning? My hair gets clumpier and clumpier with each use now (especially this morning, whew!); wonder what an overnight session would result in.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 217218219220221 278>