Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 215216217218219 288>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TheMkupjunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote TheMkupjunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 4:32pm
Hello all my curlfriends,
I am new to the MHM. I just started today, however I using the CG method for the past 7 weeks with pretty good results, but I think MHM will give me even better results. I was able to pick up the Tresemme RV conditioner from Walgreens.com before the sell out. Also, today my husband picked up the Tresemme RV from a Walmart near his job. I could not locate it at 3 different Walmarts closer to my home. So ladies, if you don't mind hunting, you can find this approved conditioner on the ground. Walmart sells it cheaper than Walgreens.com. I was already using KC products on the CG Method, I scored it on sale from Walgreens.com. I have never seen KC products on sale so this was Fabulous. The sale ends on 8/09/2014, so hurry. With the 20% off coupon code at Walgreens.com, KCNT went from $11.99 to $9.59 and the KCCC from $15.59(which is the cheapest I have ever seen) to $12.39. So you all know I had to stock up. The coupon code is POSH20, order while you can.
Sponsored Links

Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Tallbeautie Tallbeautie wrote:

Originally posted by nothidden nothidden wrote:

Originally posted by naturally50 naturally50 wrote:

Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

Originally posted by tyniagf1 tyniagf1 wrote:

Any slow hydrators here or that are lurking? By slow I mean its been over two months and your curls aren't defined past the mud step.

I think I'm going to put myself on the slow hydration list. It has been a lil over two months. I do have done defined curls but still alot of frizz and not any curls really at the root and about a inch or two down it, then the curls come. Starting to wonder if my hair Is able to clump. I think I have done the regimen over 30 times already. My hair still is in a much better place but it seems like everyone else is going a lot faster.

Stay encouraged. I was just reaching out because I figured we weren't being well represented. I think the slower hydrators tend to stay more quiet. I just want them to know they aren't alone. Let's hang in there so we can share with those that come behind us that even if it takes longer it can work..

Heck, Ive only been doing the full regimen for 2 weeks and I'm like what is happening ?  This morning I got excited cause it seems I had maybe 5 strands in the front) that I can truly tell max hydration. Can't really tell in the back/ and I have a TWA and not 4C hair. Boy do my curls popp with every step of the regimen, from the baking soda and with the clay, woww so I get excited but after washing out the clay, I'm like ... danggg what happened??  LOL  then I leave in and style and I'm happy again.  I love the end result with  my wash n go's now so in summary I'm happy.  We can't get discourage and compare our journey with everyone else's

My results were significant in the very beginning (first week) but now the changes are so subtle that I can hardly notice. Doesn't matter because my hair is 1000% better than it use to be. This will be my regimen going forward so no rush but I'm looking forward to the day when my hair is completely hydrated. Don't give up because our motivation will inspire others.

Tallbeautie, I agree. My old 'regimen' promoted dry hair, so no going back to that...though I loved SheaMoisture products. But I do experience steady progress w/MHM. Every morning after GHE DC and after I rinse out the clay, I examine my hair and my curls are clumping more and more. I swear it looks and feels like someone else's head of hair! Personally, while the Tea Tree Tingle was nice, my hair took off in Wk2 when I began using the approved Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume Conditioner. There is just something about that formula that curly strands love. I went back to Tea Tree and my hair did not respond the same. Also, when I watered down the conditioner too much, my hair became steadily drier overnight. Added more conditioner and I'm back to my new normal.

We'll all get there at our own pace. Just have patience.

I'm hearing such good things about this Tresemme conditioner. I might have to hunt for it. I currently use the Tea Tree and I love it but I'm willing to try the other one if I can find it.
I'm also moving at a slow slow pace! Actually I'm the original OG of the slow hydrators on this forumLOL. I've started in May and I only have 5 strands that are hydrated. The rest of my hair just fros up after it air dries. That's why I'm not going to wear wash n go's until I feel my hair is ready. I'm doing mainly braid outs, twist outs, or buns after my gel application. I can see coils forming during the clay step but they disappear once I've rinsed out the clay. It can get frustrating when you see pics of others with curls popping the 1st week on the regimen. However, I'm going to use it as encouragement to help me stay on this journey. I also keep reminding myself it took pinkecube 5 mos, Aketafitgirl 8 mos, & Danabnaturals 8 mos to reach max hydration. So I need to learn to be patient.
solomonsydelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 5:32pm
Don't remember this being mentioned already today, but Pinkecube is featured on Msdeekay's blog - http://www.msdeekay.com/4143/max-hydration-method-feature-pinkecube/

Its a great read and for those of us who can't wait to reach max hydration.

My favorite quotes from the piece (sorry, I mean favorite paragraphs) LOL -

"People didn’t understand why I insisted on being natural. I don’t think anyone appreciated my hair as much as I did. The effort I put into it never really shone through, so the beauty of it was hard to get across, unless I had one of the rare few days I straightened my hair and showed how long it was.

Now, I can wear my hair just the way it is and people see that beauty, and it speaks for itself. I get genuine compliments and stares of intrigue when I leave the house. Family members and friends are always giving me compliments and are curious. I just feel like I don’t have to force it anymore, it speaks for itself so I don’t have to “argue” or explain the beauty of my natural hair. I think we are heading into a place where “good hair” will be completely gone because of this.

There will be no more “but my hair can’t do that”, “my hair is too nappy for that”, or “Wash n go’s don’t work on Nappy hair”. It will change to “We all can achieve that look if our hair is moisturized.” That to me takes away this elitism about natural hair. A 4c girl who wears her hair in a fro, isn’t doing it because it is the only style that can be achieved on her hair besides a protective style, she is choosing to do that style among many others she can also achieve. So she is wearing a fro the same way someone with 3c hair can decide they want that look for the day. She can wear her hair out all the time, and it isn’t an issue with retaining length. She doesn’t have to manually twirl sections of hair to get definition, it is already apparent on her product free hair. So I think the perceptions are going to change in general about 4c hair, and level the playing field.

My view of my hair has really changed in the sense now I feel like my hair doesn’t have to be this hidden treasure. I don’t have to protective style all the time and then “prove” my hair is worth it by straightening it to show my length. I’m not length obsessed anymore, my hair is growing. People can all see the curls I saw in the mirror that day, and then some. I’m never going back to what I was doing before. I feel like sticking it out all this time was worth it, because I have finally achieved what I was waiting for–  a complete understanding and level of control of my hair journey. I wish this is what I had done at the beginning of my journey. 7 years? With this regimen, my hair would probably be beyond waist length, lol. Where as I was barely grazing brastrap at my 5 year mark. I definitely have reached a new understanding about my hair, and no one could ever tell me otherwise with the changes my hair has taken."

Thanks for doing this feature Msdeekay and thanks for taking the time to explain this to the readers Pinkecube.

Okay, happy MHMing, everyone!
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by cnomad11 cnomad11 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've just finished reading the entire thread (proud of myself as I was determined to do so before asking any questions, etc). Plus, that's kind of just the way I am. Also a Nigerian-American so holla! lol

I'm two weeks into the method. I have a twa so it's been interesting figuring out the apply-gel-until-slip technique, especially with gummy flaxseed gel. [Thank you so much for the Rachelcpr flaxseed recipe. I just bought irish moss and marshmallow root powders today and can't wait to see how my new batch turns outBig smile].

I have one question about counting how many times we've done the treatment. Last week, there were two nights in which I did steps 1-3 followed by an overnight deep condition, then step 3 again followed by 4 and 5, the following morning. (I did this because I had for-seen that there were going to be at least 1-2 days in which I wouldn't be able to do the treatment and was determined to do it 7 consecutive times.] So my question is: Do the nights in which I did this process count as two times?

I'm asking because my logic was, it wouldn't make much sense for me to do leave in and gel then- right after that- clarify only to get right back to an overnight deep condition anyways; so I figured that doing a straight deep condition after the 'night' clay treatment made more sense.

Thoughts? I hope my explanation made sense, lol. Confused

Also, I will say that I noticed the back-center of my hair clump faster, but that's where my 4c pattern is located; so I'm not sure if the back-clumping-faster thing is really related to curl pattern, especially since the crown, and center front of my hair is a 4a pattern and that is taking longer than the back.

And for those skipping out on the clay step- Don't! I have to say it's my absolute favorite step because once I stopped being a bit lazy and separated my hair a bit during the 3rd clay application, my hair has been MUCH easier to manage period. I mean, I actually get EXCITED for this step, like all the other parts are boring and "tedious" (lol) compared to it. Yes- I get that excited. It's really uber beneficial (yes, I just used the word "uber")
Along this line, I would like to support Pinke and MsDeekay and advise peeps to try the method exactly as is FIRST with correct and approved ingredients before getting all BillNye with it. I have to commend Pinke and MsDeekay with their patience with all of us; especially when, over the process of reading through the forum, it was discovered that someone who had been posting for a while about problems, etc was consistently not truly following the method nor using ingredient approved products! I have to admit, steam flew through my ears, but- true to form- Pinke and the Ms patiently advised her the whole way. I gotta say- Wow. Clap (Especially when the thought of it still produces a little steam from time to time)

Anywho, just wish to also say: Thank you! I found this through Pinke's post under one of Afek's videos. I almost passed it up because people are always posting "try this method" under the raw vegan vids I watch, but I checked this time and found legit gold. Star Thanks so much! Smile

Welcome to the journey, cnomad! Glad to have you trying this! It makes me happy someone has been forwarded to MHM from one of my youtube comments, thanks for reading the info and going out on a limb to found out more about this. And on top of that reading the whole forum before asking questions, wow! Awesome. I know it is a lot of pages and information, and I do appreciate you taking the time to do read through it all.

For your first question Yes, that counts as two times. It actually sounds like you were doing the bald spot( or too short for gel) version of the regimen. Now if you had only done step 1&2, then held off on the rest of the steps while you DC'd, that would not count as 1 whole completion. That's a great way to get through the first 7 day process, very effective. Going to actually start recommending that as an option for the 7 day challenge.

That is interesting you mentioned. The back section of my hair was the first to respond, although I have some 4a back there. Maybe the shade from the back of my head, or the slight curve in that area is where the hair naturally is more hydrated? I have noticed this on several ppl, but it is usually in conjunction with a looser texture, so it is interesting to hear you say you have that result even though the coils are tighter.

Glad you are liking the clay step, yes it is very important. lol glad you like it. and yes, you do want to have a handle on doing the regimen correctly and seeing results first before trying to see how your hair holds up with little tweaks here and there. It will better enable you to see the results first, and then once you experiment with other things, you can gather from the way your hair responds whether that in particular is what may be causing a setback. Where as if you start out that way, your hair may simply just not respond, and it would be more difficult to troubleshoot.

You're welcome!
cnomad11 just wanted to say thank you so much for your kind words & I really appreciate that you took the time to the read the whole forum post. I know it's a lot of information but it is a lot of valuable information and most of the answers to FAQs is usually in here somewhere.Welcome to Max Hydration and I wish a wonderful journey.
Myfaithrising View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Myfaithrising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 7:35pm
Yes,yes, yes I feel the same way about the tresemme radiant volume. I was doing will with the TJTTT, but when I got my hands on the tresemme things really took off!! I don't know what is about that formula that works so well, I tried the approved nourishing moisture and it didn't do as well as the radiant volume. I have hundreds of dollars in products looking for something I found with this regimen and a $5 conditioner, who knew!!!
Muslimah Dominicana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Muslimah Dominicana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 8:09pm
@ CurlyMema... Sorry to hear that... €:( I've never used Tresemme before so I'm praying that my likes it... €:/ Maybe you can check another Walmart for the Radiant Volume w/Sweet Orange and Lemon Grass... I found that one as well & the ingredients list is right & exact with the approved original formula... I almost because of all the confusion with the front labels that can be misleading... Mine all came with black tops both the Nourish & Radiant I believe someone said the old formulas come with a Black to & the brew formulas come with a White top if I'm not mistaking... But ofcourse reading the Ingredients is the Key... Good Luck To You, Queen!! xoxo
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Joja1107 Joja1107 wrote:

Thanks Pinkecube, Msdeekay and everyone else who has contributed!! ClapI was 1 foot closer to the creamy crack cuz of all these  natural hair issues I've been having.Cry
I think this will save my hair!! I will be starting this week.

I have a few questions. I will have limited time in the mornings as I am not a morning person and with the kids going back to school and my daughter doing this method what is the best/quickest morning routine? Can we apply the leave in step at night, sleep under a plastic cap then in the morning add a little water and gel and go?

Can I make a big batch of the clay rinse? How would I store it? Fridge or cabinet?

I will make big batches of the diluted kcnt, kccc &trttt. Is this okay?

I will soon probably switch to flaxseed gel but I heard it doesn't keep long. Can I add something to it so it would keep longer?

I will need to use a hair color rinse to touch up my hair, what step would I do this?

I don't know what to do with all the "natural hair" products I have!!! I have a beauty supply like another poster said. 

Thanks again!

Thanks cnomad11 for answering the other questions as far as the color goes, you can touch up the color right after the clay rinse then proceed with the rest of the steps. HTH

Originally posted by </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px;>KinkyCoily </span><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;> KinkyCoily  wrote:

I am so pleaded to have found this site! Thank you so much for freely sharing this knowledge. I have just completed my 10th MHM regimen. My hair is FABULOUS!!! 

Most of what I have read applies to ladies with longer hair than mine is right now. Given that, how do I determine the hydration level of my MAYBE 1 inch TWA?
I think rapid growth over the upcoming weeks, liitle cois and softness as your hair grows
Originally posted by </span><strong>LaTonyaR</strong><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px;> </span><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;> LaTonyaR  wrote:

If you have pictures how do you post?  I am not sure if it's the gel that is giving the curl definition of the conditioner....I really don't know what my hair is suppose to look like but, it looks better. LOl
 Thanks aharri23 for your reply...We are looking moisturized..Yay!
first you will need to upload the photos on a separate site, like fotoki or instigram. This site wont let you upload the pics directly from your computer for some reason.

Right click on the photo once it's uploaded on the other site. Copy image location. This will copy the direct jpg url.

open up the green icon, then paste that url into the box on the url side.

Press preview then okay, and then adjust size of pictures if necessary.

Originally posted by </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px;>DesiBbUK</span><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;> DesiBbUK wrote:

Hey UK MHMers! Ms DeeKay - I have plans to go on a research mission in my local area for products on the ground, so as soon as I've done that I'll be able to send a list to you - I'll probably post it here to make it easier too.

However, here is a list of where I bought my products in the last 2 months. Please bear in mind that the products are on the shelves for a few days at a time, so you have to be quick!

Kinky Curly Knot Today
Amazon UK - Interestingly the price has jumped from £12.99 to £18.99!!

Beauty Queen Cosmetics, 40-42 Kingsland High Street, Dalston (2 doors down from the McDonalds)

KCCC & Curl Ecstasy Conditioner which I like...
Sabina's, Mitcham Road, Tooting Broadway (opp Gala Bingo)

I think I've seen the Giovanni Conditioner and Gel in my local Wholefoods in Battersea, but I'll confirm later this week.

Nearly all Pak Cosmetic stores around London have KCCC but they didn't have KCKT in stock when I was on the hunt! 

UK websites 

http://uk.iherb.com/ (out of stock as of today)

http://www.myhairandbeauty.co.uk/brand/kinky-curly/kinky-curly/knot-today-natural-leave-in-detangler.html (out of stock as of today and I think this is a Pak Cosmetics business based on Hornsey Road, Finsbury Park)

Hope this helps and is a start for the directory... :)
Thanks so much DesiBUK I will add this to the list. Hopefully will be able to post it up on the blog next week.

Originally posted by </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px;> Joja1107</span><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;>  Joja1107 wrote:

Will freezing the left over CL effect it any? 
dont know about freezing but simply leaving it in the fridge made it last 3 applications for me.
Originally posted by </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px;> pdthompson</span><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;>  pdthompson wrote:

MARSHMALLOW ROOT AND SLIPPERY ELM LEAVE IN

Based on Love your tresses detangling spray with Marshmallow Root and Slippery Elm (She has a youtube video that shows how she makes it).  I left out the Argan oil because I wanted it to be more of the consistency of the KCKT).   I only use a fingertip amount of extra virgin olive oil mixed with castor oil before applying my Flax seed gel after applying this leave in because my hair is very fine but dense and APL which can get weighed down and oily with a lot of product.  I am still playing around with the ingredients but so far I like it.  I also leave it in the fridge.  I hope this is helpful. 

MARSHMALLOW ROOT-3 TBSP

DISTILL WATER 3 CUPS

VITAMIN E OIL 20 DROPS

ALOE VERA 1 TBSP

LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL-15 DROPS

LEMONGRASS ESSENTIAL OIL-15 DROPS

SLIPPERY ELM- 1 TBSP

1/3 DISTILL WATER

SPRAY BOTTLE

COMBINE MARSHMALLOW ROOT, WATER, SLIPPERY ELM, AND BOIL ON LOW TO MED HEAT FOR 15 MINUTES. ALLOW TO COOL AND STRAIN HERBS.  FILL 1/3 OF SPRAY BOTTLE WITH DISTILLED WATER AND ADD STRAINED HERBS MIXTURE.  ADD 1 TBSP OF ALOE VERA GEL, VITAMIN E OIL, ESSENTIAL OILS AND SHAKE.   

Thank you pdthomphson, extremely helpful. Will try to find the video and post it here for convenience.

Originally posted by </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px;> curlymeema</span><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;>  curlymeema wrote:

Pink can you give me more details on the "MHM baldspot" regimen?  I have traction alopecia and am hoping to grow some of the lost hair back.

Incase you havent seen it Pinke just posted about the MHM Bald spot regimen on the official site

http://maxhydrationmethod.com/2014/08/05/mhm-bald-spot-recovery-regimen/

Originally posted by </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px;> </span><font face=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif><span style=font-size: 15.454545021057129px; line-height: 19.09090805053711px;><b>MrsEllis </b></span></font><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;>  MrsEllis  wrote:

Hello, Everyone.

I haven't had a chance to catch up on recent posts since my last visit, so please forgive me if this comment has already been made, but I had to post it, just in case.  

I started this method when I first read through the thread about a month or so ago and bought two bottles of the tea tree conditioner to begin the MHM.  When I purchased it, there were several shelves full of it, plus two large displays of it in the store.  Fast forward to today when I went to get more since I am now out of it and there were no bottles on the shelves or any where else in the store.  Two employees told me that they had been out of stock for two weeks and were not sure when it would be in stock again.  When I told them how much was in the store last month, one employee said that there have been a couple of write-ups about it online and it has been sold out ever since.  

I have seen several other very popular naturals recommend the TJTTT conditioner, yet I've never heard it being sold out so often and for so long until the MHM began to become more popular.  There are over 184K views of this thread and even though everyone is not posting and some are even complaining about how long the process takes, they are obviously buying up the TJTTT because I couldn't get any today!  LOL!  

Anyhoo, just thought that was funny, although no so much when I was leaving the store without my conditioner!  Smile
WOW, thnx for sharing that sure is interesting,..hope they bring it back soon...
Originally posted by </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px;> </span><strong>aharri23 </strong><font face=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;><span style=font-size: 15.454545021057129px; line-height: 19.09090805053711px;><b> </b></span></font><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;>  aharri23   wrote:

Ok so the one without lemongrass is the old formula aka the drying one is an old formula so we need not worry. Right dee? 
I've read all the information you guys have been sharing about this conditioner and to be honest I'm so confused right now LOL I think as long as the ingredients match it should be good Wink
Originally posted by </span><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px;> </span><strong style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;>aharri23 <font face=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;><span style=font-size: 15.454545021057129px; line-height: 19.09090805053711px;><b> </b></span></font><span style=font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;>  aharri23   wrote:

The 3 walmarts near me dont carry radiant volume anymore only the nourishing moisture

My new updated routine video is up btw! Look at how i do the full MHM in 30 minutes

Thanks so much for posting this aharri will be checking it out soonClap

Edited by msdeekay - Aug 07 2014 at 8:29pm
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by solomonsydelle solomonsydelle wrote:

Don't remember this being mentioned already today, but Pinkecube is featured on Msdeekay's blog - http://www.msdeekay.com/4143/max-hydration-method-feature-pinkecube/

Its a great read and for those of us who can't wait to reach max hydration.

Thanks for doing this feature Msdeekay and thanks for taking the time to explain this to the readers Pinkecube.

Okay, happy MHMing, everyone!

Thank you for sharing the link solomonsydelle, I'm glad you enjoyed the feature. Guys, anyone is welcome to submit for a feature, no matter where you are in the max hydration journey, you can find the questions and all instructions on the blog.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

Originally posted by nothidden nothidden wrote:

Originally posted by naturally50 naturally50 wrote:

Originally posted by tyniagf1 tyniagf1 wrote:

Any slow hydrators here or that are lurking? By slow I mean its been over two months and your curls aren't defined past the mud step.

I think I'm going to put myself on the slow hydration list. It has been a lil over two months. I do have done defined curls but still alot of frizz and not any curls really at the root and about a inch or two down it, then the curls come. Starting to wonder if my hair Is able to clump. I think I have done the regimen over 30 times already. My hair still is in a much better place but it seems like everyone else is going a lot faster.

Stay encouraged. I was just reaching out because I figured we weren't being well represented. I think the slower hydrators tend to stay more quiet. I just want them to know they aren't alone. Let's hang in there so we can share with those that come behind us that even if it takes longer it can work..

Heck, Ive only been doing the full regimen for 2 weeks and I'm like what is happening ?  This morning I got excited cause it seems I had maybe 5 strands in the front) that I can truly tell max hydration. Can't really tell in the back/ and I have a TWA and not 4C hair. Boy do my curls popp with every step of the regimen, from the baking soda and with the clay, woww so I get excited but after washing out the clay, I'm like ... danggg what happened??  LOL  then I leave in and style and I'm happy again.  I love the end result with  my wash n go's now so in summary I'm happy.  We can't get discourage and compare our journey with everyone else's

My results were significant in the very beginning (first week) but now the changes are so subtle that I can hardly notice. Doesn't matter because my hair is 1000% better than it use to be. This will be my regimen going forward so no rush but I'm looking forward to the day when my hair is completely hydrated. Don't give up because our motivation will inspire others.

Tallbeautie, I agree. My old 'regimen' promoted dry hair, so no going back to that...though I loved SheaMoisture products. But I do experience steady progress w/MHM. Every morning after GHE DC and after I rinse out the clay, I examine my hair and my curls are clumping more and more. I swear it looks and feels like someone else's head of hair! Personally, while the Tea Tree Tingle was nice, my hair took off in Wk2 when I began using the approved Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume Conditioner. There is just something about that formula that curly strands love. I went back to Tea Tree and my hair did not respond the same. Also, when I watered down the conditioner too much, my hair became steadily drier overnight. Added more conditioner and I'm back to my new normal.

We'll all get there at our own pace. Just have patience.

I'm hearing such good things about this Tresemme conditioner. I might have to hunt for it. I currently use the Tea Tree and I love it but I'm willing to try the other one if I can find it.
I'm also moving at a slow slow pace! Actually I'm the original OG of the slow hydrators on this forumLOL. I've started in May and I only have 5 strands that are hydrated. The rest of my hair just fros up after it air dries. That's why I'm not going to wear wash n go's until I feel my hair is ready. I'm doing mainly braid outs, twist outs, or buns after my gel application. I can see coils forming during the clay step but they disappear once I've rinsed out the clay. It can get frustrating when you see pics of others with curls popping the 1st week on the regimen. However, I'm going to use it as encouragement to help me stay on this journey. I also keep reminding myself it took pinkecube 5 mos, Aketafitgirl 8 mos, & Danabnaturals 8 mos to reach max hydration. So I need to learn to be patient.

Hi ladies, I just wanted to encourage all of you who feel that your hair is progressing at a slow pace. I truly believe that no matter where you are, you will eventually get to your goal. It may take longer for some but with patience you will get there.

One thing that stuck with me when I was watching aketafitgirl's videos is that she believed in the CG method so much that she said that no matter what happens she is sticking to the regimen because she believes it was good for her hair. She said that she knows people who start the CG method and say I'll give it this amount of time and if it doesnt work out I'm trying something else. But she said was committed to sticking it out till the end. And look at her now....It took her 8 months but she got there.

I think there are a lot of factors that contribute to the pace of progress. Some things I can think of is:
1. The condition of the hair before starting. I have noticed that a lot of people who transition from the CG method or GHE are having faster results.
2. frequency
3. technique.
4. Sensitivity to products

Pinke has put together a troubleshooting the regimen guide, perhaps going through it may help.

1. Applying product on soaking wet hair. This includes:

Wet hair when applying DC.
    Wet hair when applying clay
    Wet hair when applying leave in. You can wet your hair right after the clay step is rinsed out, then apply your watered down (or not, up to you, also up to you how much you water down your leave in.) leave in all at once, then rewet quickly under the running shower water, and shake. Then applying gel section by section, making sure to apply more conditioner and keep areas soaking wet as needed if they dry before you get to them.
Hair must remain wet as you apply gel.

2. Separating during the clay step. You can watch a tuturial here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbB4TQGsOck

3. Making sure to properly separate coils as you apply leave in and gel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGr2F2LIObE

4. Making sure all your products are MHM friendly: You cannot expect quick or effective results just using any old product that isn't compatible with your hair.

5. Making sure you have experimented with other options and versions. For example, your hair could have an issue with acv, and prefer bakingsoda. Or maybe you may benefit from steaming instead of just a warm cowash.

6. Making sure you are not expecting results too fast. Sometimes it best to be patient. Do not expect to get perfect root to tip definition on your first try. For some it may happen, but that may take time for others. Just appreciate any other changes you notice the results will come.

7. Making sure you are not spacing out your regimen repeats too far apart. Even if you can't do all the steps, it's better to introduce moisture by either doing step 1-2 and stopping at DC until you can complete the other steps, or even just doing a quick cowash leave in and go. Anything is better than going a week with out moisturizing your hair if you are just starting out. Keep with in 3-4 days.

8. You can try leaving the B.S./ACV/Clay/DC steps longer.

9. making sure you are properly getting shed hairs out and detangling to help your coils not want to stick together in big frizzy clumps.

10. Absolutely make sure you aren't skipping any steps.

11. If scalp itches, either add more conditioner to your bakingsoda mix, or less bakingsoda.

12. Many ppl have issues their first week, and it passes. If you are having crunchy hair that is a trial and error thing that will pass. just make sure to follow instructions on step 1.

13. Recently I got info about how when clay is wet, it draws more toxins out of the hair and it makes it more effective. You may consider getting a thermal heating cap to use during the clay step, maybe leaving it a bit longer. This may help you get through the Detox phase faster if you are stuck in it.

14. If you are having trouble with DC as a split, you can oil your scalp with anti microbial oils, or use a thermal heating cap while you DC. Otherwise you can split the regimen, by doing step 1-3 (step2 would be a warm cowash or steam, not overnight DC) and then put a cap over your head with the clay on it, to DC with the CLAY overnight. This may prevent the itching effect as well, you might experiment with it.

15. If you are having trouble with tangles during DC overnight, remember to do what is detailed on this page:

http://www.msdeekay.com/3968/how-to-keep-type-4-natural-hair-from-forming-knots-and-tangles/

Edited by msdeekay - Aug 07 2014 at 8:54pm
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by CurlyMeema CurlyMeema wrote:

Originally posted by Muslimah Dominicana Muslimah Dominicana wrote:

FYI: Ladies, since Walgeeens is out of stock, if you have a local Walmart you'll most likely find the approved formulas... I just found the original formula of Tresemme Naturals Nourish Moisture w/ Aloe Vera and Avocado and The Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume w/SweetOrange and LemonGrass... I bought 15 of each & also had them special order 20 more incase they stop selling it, which you can do if you they are out of stock or dont have as many as you would like... Hope this helps somebody!! €:) #TeamMaximumHydration!! :-D #ILoveYouPinkeCube&MsDeeKay!! :"D lolbvs!!

I bought that version from my local target Muslimah.  My hair does not like the alovera....I ended up with a lot more frizz and my hair looked dry.
I was gonna ask if we could use nourishing moisture since the ingredients are exactly the same as the radiant volume only it has aloe vera and avocado oil and its easier to find on the ground. I guess I'll stay clear of it. Thanks!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 215216217218219 288>
  Share Topic