Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 214215216217218 291>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cdncoily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cdncoily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 11:25am
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

I'm not as concerned with max hydration. I think some of us have almost no definition after the clay even after months. It can be discouraging when you see people posting coils after 2 weeks.

I don't think we are doing anything wrong which is why I'm reaching out so we can support each other. It takes a lot of patience to go months and not see much coil definition.
Thanks for your tip on the emulsifying wax (which I'll go look up soon), and I agree with you here too. I don't know if I count as a "slow hydrator" since I haven't ever done the full MHM more than 2 days straight + I'm not using an approved product for the cowash stage yet, but I'm pleased I've still seen consistent hang & definition (it was so hit-and-miss for me when my hair seemed addicted to glycerin and I thought "low-poo" could help me get away with using cones, haha). Even with the "cloud" and frizzy curls I've still got, I'm always at *least* at the level of what a "good" hair day used to be for me before, and if I have to make it work, it lasts a couple of days.

As you've already mentioned, the level of hydration we start MHM with surely makes all the difference to how soon we'll see big results and be able to get the unwanted volume down (a major goal for me eventually). The most positive sign for me is that the random straight/wavy hairs I have may not quite be falling into place but they are definitely sticking out less and less and to me, that is probably the most encouraging thing I'm seeing. Thumbs Up

Take heart, slower hydrators! The little signs count. Big smile
Sponsored Links

Muslimah Dominicana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Muslimah Dominicana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 12:19pm
FYI: Ladies, since Walgeeens is out of stock, if you have a local Walmart you'll most likely find the approved formulas... I just found the original formula of Tresemme Naturals Nourish Moisture w/ Aloe Vera and Avocado and The Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume w/SweetOrange and LemonGrass... I bought 15 of each & also had them special order 20 more incase they stop selling it, which you can do if you they are out of stock or dont have as many as you would like... Hope this helps somebody!! €:) #TeamMaximumHydration!! :-D #ILoveYouPinkeCube&MsDeeKay!! :"D lolbvs!!
naturally50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturally50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by nothidden nothidden wrote:

Originally posted by naturally50 naturally50 wrote:

Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Damn walgreens has tressme out of stock. LOL

I think walmart.com sells the one with the black top, a couple of people were complaining in the reviews about it being a black top instead of the white one advertised

Wow I'm glad I orders 3 bottles last week. And it was on sale for $4.24 per bottle. I wish I had gotten 6 bottles lol but 3 should last me. I also want to experiment with Trader Joes conditioner as week. $3.99 a bottle is very reasonable as well. I'm determined I'm not gonna be a product junkie on conditioners lol

I started out using Trader Joe's conditioner and was about to stock up, but now I'm hooked on Tresemme.

I did too LOL and  I gave the bottle to my daughter and she loves it.  What I'm afraid of is formula changes with Tressamee and I'm hooked on it too
naturally50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote naturally50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 1:25pm

Originally posted by tyniagf1 tyniagf1 wrote:

Any slow hydrators here or that are lurking? By slow I mean its been over two months and your curls aren't defined past the mud step.

I think I'm going to put myself on the slow hydration list. It has been a lil over two months. I do have done defined curls but still alot of frizz and not any curls really at the root and about a inch or two down it, then the curls come. Starting to wonder if my hair Is able to clump. I think I have done the regimen over 30 times already. My hair still is in a much better place but it seems like everyone else is going a lot faster.

Stay encouraged. I was just reaching out because I figured we weren't being well represented. I think the slower hydrators tend to stay more quiet. I just want them to know they aren't alone. Let's hang in there so we can share with those that come behind us that even if it takes longer it can work..

Heck, Ive only been doing the full regimen for 2 weeks and I'm like what is happening ?  This morning I got excited cause it seems I had maybe 5 strands in the front) that I can truly tell max hydration. Can't really tell in the back/ and I have a TWA and not 4C hair. Boy do my curls popp with every step of the regimen, from the baking soda and with the clay, woww so I get excited but after washing out the clay, I'm like ... danggg what happened??  LOL  then I leave in and style and I'm happy again.  I love the end result with  my wash n go's now so in summary I'm happy.  We can't get discourage and compare our journey with everyone else's
Tallbeautie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Tallbeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 1:29pm

Any slow hydrators here or that are lurking? By slow I mean its been over two months and your curls aren't defined past the mud step.

I think I'm going to put myself on the slow hydration list. It has been a lil over two months. I do have done defined curls but still alot of frizz and not any curls really at the root and about a inch or two down it, then the curls come. Starting to wonder if my hair Is able to clump. I think I have done the regimen over 30 times already. My hair still is in a much better place but it seems like everyone else is going a lot faster.

Stay encouraged. I was just reaching out because I figured we weren't being well represented. I think the slower hydrators tend to stay more quiet. I just want them to know they aren't alone. Let's hang in there so we can share with those that come behind us that even if it takes longer it can work..

Heck, Ive only been doing the full regimen for 2 weeks and I'm like what is happening ?  This morning I got excited cause it seems I had maybe 5 strands in the front) that I can truly tell max hydration. Can't really tell in the back/ and I have a TWA and not 4C hair. Boy do my curls popp with every step of the regimen, from the baking soda and with the clay, woww so I get excited but after washing out the clay, I'm like ... danggg what happened??  LOL  then I leave in and style and I'm happy again.  I love the end result with  my wash n go's now so in summary I'm happy.  We can't get discourage and compare our journey with everyone else's

My results were significant in the very beginning (first week) but now the changes are so subtle that I can hardly notice. Doesn't matter because my hair is 1000% better than it use to be. This will be my regimen going forward so no rush but I'm looking forward to the day when my hair is completely hydrated. Don't give up because our motivation will inspire others.
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Muslimah Dominicana Muslimah Dominicana wrote:

FYI: Ladies, since Walgeeens is out of stock, if you have a local Walmart you'll most likely find the approved formulas... I just found the original formula of Tresemme Naturals Nourish Moisture w/ Aloe Vera and Avocado and The Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume w/SweetOrange and LemonGrass... I bought 15 of each & also had them special order 20 more incase they stop selling it, which you can do if you they are out of stock or dont have as many as you would like... Hope this helps somebody!! €:) #TeamMaximumHydration!! :-D #ILoveYouPinkeCube&MsDeeKay!! :"D lolbvs!!

I'll be checking this weekend. Thanks!
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 2:11pm
The 3 walmarts near me dont carry radiant volume anymore only the nourishing moisture

My new updated routine video is up btw! Look at how i do the full MHM in 30 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDFGPgEDUFQ&feature=youtu.be
CurlyMeema View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyMeema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Muslimah Dominicana Muslimah Dominicana wrote:

I bought that version from my local target Muslimah.  My hair does not like the alovera....I ended up with a lot more frizz and my hair looked dry.
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Tallbeautie Tallbeautie wrote:

My results were significant in the very beginning (first week) but now the changes are so subtle that I can hardly notice. Doesn't matter because my hair is 1000% better than it use to be. This will be my regimen going forward so no rush but I'm looking forward to the day when my hair is completely hydrated. Don't give up because our motivation will inspire others.

Tallbeautie, I agree. My old 'regimen' promoted dry hair, so no going back to that...though I loved SheaMoisture products. But I do experience steady progress w/MHM. Every morning after GHE DC and after I rinse out the clay, I examine my hair and my curls are clumping more and more. I swear it looks and feels like someone else's head of hair! Personally, while the Tea Tree Tingle was nice, my hair took off in Wk2 when I began using the approved Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume Conditioner. There is just something about that formula that curly strands love. I went back to Tea Tree and my hair did not respond the same. Also, when I watered down the conditioner too much, my hair became steadily drier overnight. Added more conditioner and I'm back to my new normal.

We'll all get there at our own pace. Just have patience.
Tallbeautie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tallbeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by nothidden nothidden wrote:

Originally posted by Tallbeautie Tallbeautie wrote:

Tallbeautie, I agree. My old 'regimen' promoted dry hair, so no going back to that...though I loved SheaMoisture products. But I do experience steady progress w/MHM. Every morning after GHE DC and after I rinse out the clay, I examine my hair and my curls are clumping more and more. I swear it looks and feels like someone else's head of hair! Personally, while the Tea Tree Tingle was nice, my hair took off in Wk2 when I began using the approved Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume Conditioner. There is just something about that formula that curly strands love. I went back to Tea Tree and my hair did not respond the same. Also, when I watered down the conditioner too much, my hair became steadily drier overnight. Added more conditioner and I'm back to my new normal.

We'll all get there at our own pace. Just have patience.

I'm hearing such good things about this Tresemme conditioner. I might have to hunt for it. I currently use the Tea Tree and I love it but I'm willing to try the other one if I can find it.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 214215216217218 291>
  Share Topic