Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 213214215216217 282>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tyniagf1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyniagf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 9:53am
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

Originally posted by tyniagf1 tyniagf1 wrote:

What are you all doing to your hair at night? Are you resetting or anything special? I normally just put my bonnet on and go to sleep. Not sure if i should be doing more. Do you add more moisture or anything to your hair in between regimen days? If so how are you all doing that. TIA

Im not wearing wash n goes so I two strand twist my hair when I wear a twist out.

DenzKoils I would really love to see your twist out results. What changes in them have you noticed since starting the regimen.
Sponsored Links

DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 9:54am

Any slow hydrators here or that are lurking? By slow I mean its been over two months and your curls aren't defined past the mud step.

I think I'm going to put myself on the slow hydration list. It has been a lil over two months. I do have done defined curls but still alot of frizz and not any curls really at the root and about a inch or two down it, then the curls come. Starting to wonder if my hair Is able to clump. I think I have done the regimen over 30 times already. My hair still is in a much better place but it seems like everyone else is going a lot faster.

Stay encouraged. I was just reaching out because I figured we weren't being well represented. I think the slower hydrators tend to stay more quiet. I just want them to know they aren't alone. Let's hang in there so we can share with those that come behind us that even if it takes longer it can work..

Edited by DenzKoils - Aug 07 2014 at 10:04am
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 10:03am

What are you all doing to your hair at night? Are you resetting or anything special? I normally just put my bonnet on and go to sleep. Not sure if i should be doing more. Do you add more moisture or anything to your hair in between regimen days? If so how are you all doing that. TIA

Im not wearing wash n goes so I two strand twist my hair when I wear a twist out.

DenzKoils I would really love to see your twist out results. What changes in them have you noticed since starting the regimen.

My twist outs don't look like anything which is why I haven't posted them. My hair is still short so it just looks like a fro. But my hair doesn't dry out now when I wear it out so it doesn't shrink. Before my hair would start to dry out midday and it would get tighter and tighter. My hair is also softer, not soft but softer.

I can also now moisturize my hair and retwist. Before remoisturizing my hair didn't work. And if I just wear twist all week I can remoisturize them with just diluted kknt.

My progress is slow but it is better, simpler and more effective than what I was doing before.
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 10:15am
I've been doing MHM 4 months and I dont think my hair is at max hydration

I'm doing an updated routine video should be up in a hour or so!

Edited by aharri23 - Aug 07 2014 at 10:16am
naturallyme247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote naturallyme247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 10:23am

Any slow hydrators here or that are lurking? By slow I mean its been over two months and your curls aren't defined past the mud step.

I think I'm going to put myself on the slow hydration list. It has been a lil over two months. I do have done defined curls but still alot of frizz and not any curls really at the root and about a inch or two down it, then the curls come. Starting to wonder if my hair Is able to clump. I think I have done the regimen over 30 times already. My hair still is in a much better place but it seems like everyone else is going a lot faster.

I think how fast you reach max hydration depends on were you're starting off (meaning how well your hair was hydrated before starting the method) and how well you're doing the method and maybe how often. 
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 10:25am
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Originally posted by lovemycoils03 lovemycoils03 wrote:

I'm putting my hair in two 'pineapples' or puffs and sleeping with a silk scarf. I refresh with water in the morning and for each day between washes. This seems to work really well. My hair doesn't all hang down yet, although it's much better and I actually have movement in it when dry. Thus, when I've tried the roll, pin, and tuck night routine, it turns out into a fro on my hair. I hope this helps.

I cant seem to post a reply to other threads....so hopefully it shows up here.

Hi guys, 
Check out drugstore.com for the approved conditioner. It's $6.39 per bottle and standard shipping is $5.99.
The ingredients match what Dee posted.
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=265188&catid=183412

It's out of stock on there...I hope someone tries buying it from walmart so we can see if they sell the approved version online. I will try once I run out of my 6 bottles. (currently about halfway through the first bottle and its been 2-3 weeks.) They will probably take one month to use per bottle

I placed an order this morning. Will let you guys know when I get it. I also posted a question on the products page asking for someone to list the ingredients.
tyniagf1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tyniagf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 10:32am

Stay encouraged. I was just reaching out because I figured we weren't being well represented. I think the slower hydrators tend to stay more quiet. I just want them to know they aren't alone. Let's hang in there so we can share with those that come behind us that even if it takes longer it can work..

Thank you and the same to you and all the slow hydration followers. I have already accepted that it will take me the maximum amount of time to reach max hydration, and I'm fine with that. I am still loving this new transformation with my hair.
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 10:53am
Originally posted by naturallyme247 naturallyme247 wrote:

I think how fast you reach max hydration depends on were you're starting off (meaning how well your hair was hydrated before starting the method) and how well you're doing the method and maybe how often. 

I'm not as concerned with max hydration. I think some of us have almost no definition after the clay even after months. It can be discouraging when you see people posting coils after 2 weeks.

I don't think we are doing anything wrong which is why I'm reaching out so we can support each other. It takes a lot of patience to go months and not see much coil definition.

Edited by DenzKoils - Aug 07 2014 at 11:07am
tyniagf1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tyniagf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 11:01am

Originally posted by naturallyme247 naturallyme247 wrote:

I'm not as concerned with max hydration. I think some of us have almost no definition after the clay even after months. It can be discouraging when you see people posting coils after 2 weeks.

I don't think we are doing anything wrong which is why I'm reaching out so we can support each other. It takes a lot of patience to go months and not see much coil definition.

I agree with you completely denzkoils and I know I started at a really bad point. And I'm sure that my technique can be much better. But I'm truly satisfied with my hair at this stage can't wait to seed it two months from now.
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 11:05am
Originally posted by nothidden nothidden wrote:

Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

I'm putting my hair in two 'pineapples' or puffs and sleeping with a silk scarf. I refresh with water in the morning and for each day between washes. This seems to work really well. My hair doesn't all hang down yet, although it's much better and I actually have movement in it when dry. Thus, when I've tried the roll, pin, and tuck night routine, it turns out into a fro on my hair. I hope this helps.

I cant seem to post a reply to other threads....so hopefully it shows up here.

Hi guys, 
Check out drugstore.com for the approved conditioner. It's $6.39 per bottle and standard shipping is $5.99.
The ingredients match what Dee posted.
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=265188&catid=183412

It's out of stock on there...I hope someone tries buying it from walmart so we can see if they sell the approved version online. I will try once I run out of my 6 bottles. (currently about halfway through the first bottle and its been 2-3 weeks.) They will probably take one month to use per bottle

I placed an order this morning. Will let you guys know when I get it. I also posted a question on the products page asking for someone to list the ingredients.

Awesome thanks! My video is almost done guys. I'll post a link here when it's done
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style