Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 211212213214215 278>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Muslimah Dominicana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Muslimah Dominicana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by DominicanMorenita DominicanMorenita wrote:

HELLO! HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING?... MY HAIR IS GROWING LIKE CRAZY AND MY BOLD SPOT IS GROWING TOO!! THANKS TO THIS MHM...Big smile

Hola Morenita!! :-D

Felicidades en tu progreso!! €:) Yo solo estoy en mi segunda semana y lo eh completado 6 vecez... Todavía no eh visto grancambio pero si me ayudo bastante con la caída de pelo y el desenredo que era mi mayor problema!! Y tu que tiempo tienes que comensaste? Y en que tiempo comensaste a ver resultados? Porfavor comparte consejos o tips que te ayudaron ver resultados el tu pelo y crecer tu pelo puedes.. €:( Gracias Y Buena Suerte!! €:) xoxo
Sponsored Links

afrolistic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrolistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 1:10am
Hi dom i want my hair to grow like crazy too. How many times a week do u do ya hair? And do u ghee at night too. What do u think contributed to ya hair growth thnx.
cdncoily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cdncoily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 1:43am
@pinkecube: Hi. Hopefully this question will be quick (& the last time I bug you about products). I've been sensitive to coconut in the past-- I think I might give (diluted) *shea* a chance because the waxy part of it can be dissolved in BS/vinegar rinse while the other good stuff stays behind. It's also non-comedogenic for my sensitive skin. (As far as I can tell I don't think the same can be said for coconut oil in either category.)

So I'm wondering if you agree vinegar/BS would do the trick to keep shea build-up at bay, and if these (thin, runny) shea conditioners could work with MHM, ven if only as a rinse-out cowash to stretch out my costs on use of KCKT:

Alaffia EveryDay Shea Moisturizing Conditioner (950ml/32oz for less than 8oz KCKT!)
http://well.ca/products/alaffia-everyday-shea-moisturizing_30547.html
Aqueous Shea Leaf (Butyrospermum parkii) Extract, Handcrafted Shea (Butyrospermum parkii) Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Behentrimonium Chloride, Emulsifying Wax, Palm Stearic Acid, Lavender Essential Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid.

Alaffia Shea & Honey Nourishing Conditioner (8oz is affordably priced)
http://www.alaffia.com/store/pc/Shea-Honey-Nourishing-Conditioner-19p150.htm
Aqueous infusion of rooibos (aspalathus linearis), shea (butyrospermum parkii) butter*, African wild honey**, behentrimonium chloride (and) cetearyl alcohol, panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), vegetable emulsifying wax, hydrolyzed oat protein, potassium sorbate, essential oils (sweet orange and ylang ylang), limonene (from essential oil), citric acid

Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner (decent price 8oz again)
http://www.alaffia.com/store/pc/Coffee-Shea-Revitalizing-Conditioner-19p154.htm
Herbal infusion of Fair Trade Coffee (Caffea robusta), Shea (Butyrospermum parkii) Butter, Aloe, Behentrimonium Chloride (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol (pro-Vitamin B5), Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Potassium Sorbate, Essential Oils (Orange, Spearmint & Lemongrass), Citric Acid, Limonene (from essential oil)

(These are not only reasonably priced but ingredients are fair trade, sourced from Togo.)

Edited by cdncoily - Aug 07 2014 at 1:48am
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 4:26am
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Damn walgreens has tressme out of stock. LOL

I think walmart.com sells the one with the black top, a couple of people were complaining in the reviews about it being a black top instead of the white one advertised

Hmmm...thats interesting Aharri23. Maybe I'll order a few and see what I get. I would certainly post my findings for you guys. I'm sure I have enough to get me to maximum hydration, but if I can get more...
naturally50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturally50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 6:10am

I think walmart.com sells the one with the black top, a couple of people were complaining in the reviews about it being a black top instead of the white one advertised

Wow I'm glad I orders 3 bottles last week. And it was on sale for $4.24 per bottle. I wish I had gotten 6 bottles lol but 3 should last me. I also want to experiment with Trader Joes conditioner as week. $3.99 a bottle is very reasonable as well. I'm determined I'm not gonna be a product junkie on conditioners lol
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 7:23am
Originally posted by naturally50 naturally50 wrote:

Wow I'm glad I orders 3 bottles last week. And it was on sale for $4.24 per bottle. I wish I had gotten 6 bottles lol but 3 should last me. I also want to experiment with Trader Joes conditioner as week. $3.99 a bottle is very reasonable as well. I'm determined I'm not gonna be a product junkie on conditioners lol

I started out using Trader Joe's conditioner and was about to stock up, but now I'm hooked on Tresemme.
tyniagf1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tyniagf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 7:33am
Originally posted by cdncoily cdncoily wrote:

Originally posted by tyniagf1 tyniagf1 wrote:

Hi all, I have a quick question. I want to start doing one of the shorter versions specifally version #2. Now i tried this method before maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago. It really didnt give me the same results that i was getting with the longer version. so went back to the longer version figured maybe i need to get more hydration in my hair first. So i tried it again and still not as good. I get a lot less definiton with this method. A lot more fuzz and frizz with this version. So my question is in method #2 instead of doing the clay first then baking soda can i do the baking soda first then clay. Just basically the same as the long version just taking out the DC.  Also i would really love to see some pics of some set styles i.e. twist outs, braid outs, and bantu knot outs.
TIA
I tried "mini-MHM" and agree you need to be pretty hydrated before you can get away with it. I was fine on day 1 of doing it that way, but it went downhill from there, lol. Unless you're also saving the cowash between the BS and clay until after the two rinses, your described option is the original MHM, isn't it? Unless I'm missing something. Embarrassed

Yes, I was wondering why the clay has to go before the baking soda in version two and if it would be ok to do the baking soda first, clay, co wash, then leave in and gel. Just basically the original version minus the deep conditioning.
tyniagf1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyniagf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 7:34am

Edited by tyniagf1 - Aug 07 2014 at 7:34am
tyniagf1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tyniagf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 7:35am
What are you all doing to your hair at night? Are you resetting or anything special? I normally just put my bonnet on and go to sleep. Not sure if i should be doing more. Do you add more moisture or anything to your hair in between regimen days? If so how are you all doing that. TIA
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 7:46am
Originally posted by cdncoily cdncoily wrote:

@pinkecube: Hi. Hopefully this question will be quick (& the last time I bug you about products). I've been sensitive to coconut in the past-- I think I might give (diluted) *shea* a chance because the waxy part of it can be dissolved in BS/vinegar rinse while the other good stuff stays behind. It's also non-comedogenic for my sensitive skin. (As far as I can tell I don't think the same can be said for coconut oil in either category.)

So I'm wondering if you agree vinegar/BS would do the trick to keep shea build-up at bay, and if these (thin, runny) shea conditioners could work with MHM, ven if only as a rinse-out cowash to stretch out my costs on use of KCKT:

Alaffia EveryDay Shea Moisturizing Conditioner (950ml/32oz for less than 8oz KCKT!)
http://well.ca/products/alaffia-everyday-shea-moisturizing_30547.html
Aqueous Shea Leaf (Butyrospermum parkii) Extract, Handcrafted Shea
(Butyrospermum parkii) Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Behentrimonium
Chloride, Emulsifying Wax, Palm Stearic Acid, Lavender Essential Oil,
Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid.

Alaffia Shea & Honey Nourishing Conditioner (8oz is affordably priced)
http://www.alaffia.com/store/pc/Shea-Honey-Nourishing-Conditioner-19p150.htm
Aqueous infusion of rooibos (aspalathus linearis), shea (butyrospermum
parkii) butter*, African wild honey**, behentrimonium chloride (and)
cetearyl alcohol, panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), vegetable emulsifying wax,
hydrolyzed oat protein, potassium sorbate, essential oils (sweet orange
and ylang ylang), limonene (from essential oil), citric acid

Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner (decent price 8oz again)
http://www.alaffia.com/store/pc/Coffee-Shea-Revitalizing-Conditioner-19p154.htm
Herbal infusion of Fair Trade Coffee (Caffea robusta), Shea
(Butyrospermum parkii) Butter, Aloe, Behentrimonium Chloride (and)
Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol (pro-Vitamin B5), Vegetable Emulsifying Wax,
Potassium Sorbate, Essential Oils (Orange, Spearmint & Lemongrass),
Citric Acid, Limonene (from essential oil)

(These are not only reasonably priced but ingredients are fair trade, sourced from Togo.)

I'm not sure when pinkecube will be back. She had to take care of some things. I don't think the shea butter is an issue as much as the emulsifying wax is.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 211212213214215 278>