Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 204205206207208 288>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cnomad11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cnomad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 1:36am
Oh no no no! lol

In regards to what I did, twice, during the first seven days IS do steps 1-3 (deep conditioning with a shower cap for an hour), rinsing out the clay then doing another deep condition/ghe overnight and finishing up with (another clay treatment after the overnight deep condition)- i.e. steps 3-5 the morning after. I hope this makes sense. Maybe if I explain it like this:

TWICE DURING INITIAL WEEK
Night before: 1 (30mins), 2 (1 hour), 3 (1-2hours), overnight deep condition
Next morning: 3 (1 hour), 4, then 5

What I'm asking about in regards to my yoga- option 1- is if I could do, what I did last night, which is sleep overnight with the clay and do steps 4 and 5 right before heading to yoga and doing a brief 4 and 5 step re-do as a result of all the sweating induced by the class. I would light to make it clear that the room is 90-100 degrees with 40% humidity; so I'm not talking about normal sweating, I'm talking dripping and soaking wet with sweat. It's like detoxing in a sauna, but doing yoga as well instead of just sitting still. This may go;

LAST NIGHT, TONIGHT, AND YOGA PROPOSAL
Night before: 1 (30mins), 2 (1 hour), 3 (overnight)
Morning after: 4 and 5
[then yoga class]
After yoga: 4 and 5

Is this better?
Sponsored Links

cnomad11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cnomad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 1:54am
Hi Joja, you can make a big batch of the clay mix. It doesn't spoil so you can keep it in either place depending on your preference. You'll just need to add water in the morning to make it easier to smooth over your hair as it settles/gets a bit thick over night making it difficult to squeeze through a squeeze bottle, if you use one. (I've been using my big batch for two weeks; but I have a TWA).

As for flaxseed gel; mine just started spoiling so I'd say three weeks. Add vitamin e oil to preserve it that long. Also, I read somewhere either in the forum or rachelcpr's gel video (or heard it in the video) that you can make a big batch of whichever flaxseed mix you find works best for you and keep it in the freezer and then take out some more as needed.

As for the rest idk... wait for Pinke and/or MsDeekay

Regarding the extra products: If they're not on the approved list and don't seem likely to be depending on the already listed "no-no" ingredients, throw them out. It's not worth using them up when they'll be hindering your progress anyways with harmful ingredients. Why stall your growth?- I say.
KinkyCoily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KinkyCoily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 2:04am
I am so pleaded to have found this site! Thank you so much for freely sharing this knowledge. I have just completed my 10th MHM regimen. My hair is FABULOUS!!!

Most of what I have read applies to ladies with longer hair than mine is right now. Given that, how do I determine the hydration level of my MAYBE 1 inch TWA?
empreza_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote empreza_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 2:20am
Why do you deep condition before the clay step instead of after?
naturally50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturally50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 7:11am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by CurlyGurlTash CurlyGurlTash wrote:

@naturally50 and all others who are mixing the clay with a blender or mixer that has a metal attachment, you might want to do some research. Here is what I found on the internet.

It is a “healing clay,” a clay that absorbs impurities such as toxins and heavy metals either when ingested or applied topically. According to Mountain Rose Herbs,

Bentonite is very unusual in the fact that once it becomes hydrated, the electrical and molecular components of the clay rapidly change and produce an “electrical charge”… When it becomes mixed with water it rapidly swells open like a highly porous sponge. From here the toxins are drawn into the sponge through electrical attraction and once there, they are bound.

It is for this reason that bentonite clay should never be stored in a metal container or stirred with a metal since the clay absorbs the metals and becomes less effective.

HTH
Great information CurlyGurlTash, thanks for posting this. There is a mixer with out a metal attachment that can be used as well if you still want that option, Naturally50. Danabnatural uses it in her demo video.

Glad you brought up in detail the science behind how exactly clay draws out impurities. It also explains that the clay is still effective whether it dries or not.  So it is still effective even if you decide to DC with it. Something good to keep in mind.

I knew about not storing the clay in a metal container, but really didn't think about the metal blades when mixing in a blender.  Pinkecube- I have a hand mixer like danabnatural's but it has a metal blade as well.  Truly its easier and simplier and faster for me just using the blender and the consistency is awesome.  I truly just mix no less than 1 minute so I wonder how much less effective the clay is.  I have a TWA and with doing the regimen every day, the batch lasts me almost all week.  I just couldn't get the right consistency in the bottle.
jlstone2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jlstone2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Tallbeautie Tallbeautie wrote:

I've tried the Giovanni's LA Naturals styling gel and I was not pleased. I made my hair extra crunchy and dry. Did anyone else have this experience and were you able to find a solution to make the gel work for you?

Hi Tallbeautie,
I use the Giovanni and I layer it with a castor oil/sweet almond oil mix.  So I add the oil to my hair first and then the gel.  I also use less gel because it does have a strong hold. I use just enough to seal in the moisture.  Also I use a little bit more leave in cond.

I only use the giovanni to do twists.  I would use KCCC for wngs.  

Doing the oil layer method hasn't caused any hair crunch for me.
Tallbeautie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tallbeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 9:39am
Originally posted by jlstone2 jlstone2 wrote:

Originally posted by Tallbeautie Tallbeautie wrote:

I've tried the Giovanni's LA Naturals styling gel and I was not pleased. I made my hair extra crunchy and dry. Did anyone else have this experience and were you able to find a solution to make the gel work for you?

Hi Tallbeautie,
I use the Giovanni and I layer it with a castor oil/sweet almond oil mix.  So I add the oil to my hair first and then the gel.  I also use less gel because it does have a strong hold. I use just enough to seal in the moisture.  Also I use a little bit more leave in cond.

I only use the giovanni to do twists.  I would use KCCC for wngs.  

Doing the oil layer method hasn't caused any hair crunch for me.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably try it again. I'm loving my flaxseed/aloe gel right now.
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 10:37am
Originally posted by naturally50 naturally50 wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by CurlyGurlTash CurlyGurlTash wrote:

@naturally50 and all others who are mixing the clay with a blender or mixer that has a metal attachment, you might want to do some research. Here is what I found on the internet.

It is a “healing clay,” a clay that absorbs impurities such as toxins and heavy metals either when ingested or applied topically. According to Mountain Rose Herbs,

Bentonite is very unusual in the fact that once it becomes hydrated, the electrical and molecular components of the clay rapidly change and produce an “electrical charge”… When it becomes mixed with water it rapidly swells open like a highly porous sponge. From here the toxins are drawn into the sponge through electrical attraction and once there, they are bound.

It is for this reason that bentonite clay should never be stored in a metal container or stirred with a metal since the clay absorbs the metals and becomes less effective.

HTH
Great information CurlyGurlTash, thanks for posting this. There is a mixer with out a metal attachment that can be used as well if you still want that option, Naturally50. Danabnatural uses it in her demo video.

Glad you brought up in detail the science behind how exactly clay draws out impurities. It also explains that the clay is still effective whether it dries or not.  So it is still effective even if you decide to DC with it. Something good to keep in mind.

I knew about not storing the clay in a metal container, but really didn't think about the metal blades when mixing in a blender.  Pinkecube- I have a hand mixer like danabnatural's but it has a metal blade as well.  Truly its easier and simplier and faster for me just using the blender and the consistency is awesome.  I truly just mix no less than 1 minute so I wonder how much less effective the clay is.  I have a TWA and with doing the regimen every day, the batch lasts me almost all week.  I just couldn't get the right consistency in the bottle.

Have you tried using an old soap detergent bottle like msdeekay ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgEuwPwkqD8&list=UUEoNRIVZGhnbSMMwE2BSNIA

I tried this last night and my mixture came out really smooth and was easy to apply. I only have a 25 oz bottle so I had to half ratios of the ingredients so they all could fit. I applied the clay first, followed by the water then shook. After I shook I applied the honey, then olive oil last.
LaTonyaR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LaTonyaR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 10:41am
Hello MHM Family!
I just recieved my Tressemme Naturals from Walgreens and ingredients where fine.  I also ordered Giovanni La naturals and Direct leave in.  The website gave one list of ingredients but, when i got them they are different. I called the 800 number and they said i could return to walgreens for a refund.  Sad i didnt get what i thought I was ordering.  I am on day 4 of my journey.  I'm loving it so far as I get adjusted to the shrinkage.  If i wanted to do a twist out, do you do step 5?.  I miss my big stand up on your head hair.  But, with that said i love that my fro look has definition and my hair does not look as dry.  My husband said whatever I am doing to make my hair look more mositurize is working. (he noticed...lol) Thanks in advance for all replies.
LaTonya
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 10:46am
Originally posted by LaTonyaR LaTonyaR wrote:

Hello MHM Family!
I just recieved my Tressemme Naturals from Walgreens and ingredients where fine.  I also ordered Giovanni La naturals and Direct leave in.  The website gave one list of ingredients but, when i got them they are different. I called the 800 number and they said i could return to walgreens for a refund.  Sad i didnt get what i thought I was ordering.  I am on day 4 of my journey.  I'm loving it so far as I get adjusted to the shrinkage.  If i wanted to do a twist out, do you do step 5?.  I miss my big stand up on your head hair.  But, with that said i love that my fro look has definition and my hair does not look as dry.  My husband said whatever I am doing to make my hair look more mositurize is working. (he noticed...lol) Thanks in advance for all replies.
LaTonya

Hi LaTonya, I think instead of a gel for step 5 you can use oil to seal your leave in, however gel is more effective than oil for sealing in moisture.

LOL people have been asking me what I've been doing to my hair recently because it looks moisturized, someone thought I had a texturizer Cry
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 204205206207208 288>
  Share Topic