Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 203204205206207 292>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cnomad11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cnomad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 11:11pm
Great! Glad to know I'm still on track. I'll try to count out how many days/times I've done it since then. And post that next time.

Anyways, I've actually thought up another question, I do bikram yoga (the hot sweaty, SWEATY yoga. I mean I drip constantly from my face, down through my twa [when my head is upside-down], etc. lol). I would like to know what may be the best way to incorporate the full regime- especially now that I'll be getting a day job. Would it be best to

1. Do steps 1-3 at night, and complete in the morning before stepping out to yoga and repeat steps 1-3 at night, etc.  OR

2. Do the afore mentioned process and refresh in the yoga showers (when possible) with a rinse and a bit more leave-in and gel  OR

3. (And this may depend on when I get out from work- shifty hours, etc) Do steps 1-5 at night, t-shirt dry/ghe overnight with the gel and up and go in the morning

?

Thanks. Smile

Edited by cnomad11 - Aug 03 2014 at 11:16pm
Sponsored Links

cnomad11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cnomad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 11:14pm
And I would like to add, that I'm so glad my alternative counts and will be added to the 7-day challenge to make it a bit easier for people. Yay! Big smile
ElsieJay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ElsieJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by eeshmo09 eeshmo09 wrote:

Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

Originally posted by Rebekah93 Rebekah93 wrote:

For anyway located near South London, Black Beauty in Catford stock a lot of US products. T<span style="line-height: 1.4;">hey have Curls, Jane Carter and Shea Moisture products although I'm not sure of specifics, but hopefully the approved products are there. </span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">The owner also said he's waiting on Kinky Curly products to be delivered. Hope this helps someone!</span>

thanks for this, the KCNT alone is worth the trek from Stratford..

also glad to know Naked Shine Rescue is approved, I liked how it made my hair felt and at a mere fiver from Boots, give it a try if you haven't :)

You can get KCNT from a hair shop across the road from dalston kingsland station, at least from this blog post from 2 years ago:  http://www.theunitedkinkdom.com/2012/08atural-hair-product-shopping-kinky. - http://www.theunitedkinkdom.com/2012/08/natural-hair-product-shopping-kinky.html

Never tried to buy from there personally so don't know if still selling. Where does it say naked shine rescue is approved?

oh no I totally mis-read thought I saw a thumbs up earlier plus pinke mentioned another conditioner right under the Naked Rescue so didn't realise. my mistake for any confusion just got excited there! 2 years ago?

I think it was Faith in nature chocolate conditioner that Pinke was talking about. Yes, the blog post from 2 years ago by united kinkdom talks about getting her KCCC/KCKT from the shop in dalston (which also stocks giovanni incidentally). I don't use KCKT/KCCC personally so never went there to try and purchase it. If you want it you could pay a visit or better still, try and call them first to see if it's still in stock. Commentors on the site also talk about getting it (other imported brands) from other shops in south LDN
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by cnomad11 cnomad11 wrote:

Great! Glad to know I'm still on track. I'll try to count out how many days/times I've done it since then. And post that next time.

Anyways, I've actually thought up another question, I do bikram yoga (the hot sweaty, SWEATY yoga. I mean I drip constantly from my face, down through my twa [when my head is upside-down], etc. lol). I would like to know what may be the best way to incorporate the full regime- especially now that I'll be getting a day job. Would it be best to

1. Do steps 1-3 at night, and complete in the morning before stepping out to yoga and repeat steps 1-3 at night, etc.  OR

2. Do the afore mentioned process and refresh in the yoga showers (when possible) with a rinse and a bit more leave-in and gel  OR

3. (And this may depend on when I get out from work- shifty hours, etc) Do steps 1-5 at night, t-shirt dry/ghe overnight with the gel and up and go in the morning

?

Thanks. Smile

1. If you are doing the gel steps, you want to do clay in the morning. The best wash n go results, especially when you are first starting incorporate clay right before the defining steps. You can try it, but My personal experience with that when I did it early on was pretty much the worst results I had gotten so far. But, I have changed somethings since then (like stretching my hair during GHE and applying conditioner over my whole head first) so maybe it will work out better than last time. It would be great if you could actually try both and compare. I could try it and it may work now on my hair simply because I have reached max hydration so I would recommend it if it worked for everyone just starting.

2. Do you mean 1-3 at night, DC through Yoga and then do cowash/detangle in shower and then apply leave in and gel. If step 1 works out for you that way, you could try it.

3. Sounds good

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 11:56pm

Originally posted by Rebekah93 Rebekah93 wrote:

For anyway located near South London, Black Beauty in Catford stock a lot of US products. T<span style="line-height: 1.4;">hey have Curls, Jane Carter and Shea Moisture products although I'm not sure of specifics, but hopefully the approved products are there. </span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">The owner also said he's waiting on Kinky Curly products to be delivered. Hope this helps someone!</span>

thanks for this, the KCNT alone is worth the trek from Stratford..

also glad to know Naked Shine Rescue is approved, I liked how it made my hair felt and at a mere fiver from Boots, give it a try if you haven't :)

You can get KCNT from a hair shop across the road from dalston kingsland station, at least from this blog post from 2 years ago:  http://www.theunitedkinkdom.com/2012/08atural-hair-product-shopping-kinky. - http://www.theunitedkinkdom.com/2012/08/natural-hair-product-shopping-kinky.html

Never tried to buy from there personally so don't know if still selling. Where does it say naked shine rescue is approved?

oh no I totally mis-read thought I saw a thumbs up earlier plus pinke mentioned another conditioner right under the Naked Rescue so didn't realise. my mistake for any confusion just got excited there! 2 years ago?

I think it was Faith in nature chocolate conditioner that Pinke was talking about. Yes, the blog post from 2 years ago by united kinkdom talks about getting her KCCC/KCKT from the shop in dalston (which also stocks giovanni incidentally). I don't use KCKT/KCCC personally so never went there to try and purchase it. If you want it you could pay a visit or better still, try and call them first to see if it's still in stock. Commentors on the site also talk about getting it (other imported brands) from other shops in south LDN
Yes, it was the faith in nature. I went back and made sure to correct the typo. Thx for the UK store recommendations.
CurlyGurlTash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CurlyGurlTash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 12:03am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by CurlyGurlTash CurlyGurlTash wrote:

@naturally50 and all others who are mixing the clay with a blender or mixer that has a metal attachment, you might want to do some research. Here is what I found on the internet.

It is a “healing clay,” a clay that absorbs impurities such as toxins and heavy metals either when ingested or applied topically. According to Mountain Rose Herbs,

Bentonite is very unusual in the fact that once it becomes hydrated, the electrical and molecular components of the clay rapidly change and produce an “electrical charge”… When it becomes mixed with water it rapidly swells open like a highly porous sponge. From here the toxins are drawn into the sponge through electrical attraction and once there, they are bound.

It is for this reason that bentonite clay should never be stored in a metal container or stirred with a metal since the clay absorbs the metals and becomes less effective.

HTH
Great information CurlyGurlTash, thanks for posting this. There is a mixer with out a metal attachment that can be used as well if you still want that option, Naturally50. Danabnatural uses it in her demo video.

Glad you brought up in detail the science behind how exactly clay draws out impurities. It also explains that the clay is still effective whether it dries or not.  So it is still effective even if you decide to DC with it. Something good to keep in mind.
Thanks Pinkecube, Where would I get a mixer/blender without the metal blade attachment? Iv'e been looking for one. I had one similar to Dana's, it was plastic on the outside but the blade inside was metal. I was thinking that Dana's was also metal on the inside. I wasn't aware that it was not.
cnomad11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cnomad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 12:22am
1. Well I slept with the clay at night last night- only because I was suffering from a really bad bout of my habitual insomnia- and it worked out great! Nothing too dramatically different- at least that I can tell since I've only done it once. I'm doing it again tonight and will come back with my results. And I'll do it also when I go back to yoga.

2. I mean doing 1-3, sleep, 4-5; then, right after a morning yoga class, lightly/quickly repeating steps 4 and 5. I only ask this because I'm not sure if all the sweat in my hair would hinder progress in moisture retention, etc. I don't think it'll be wise for me to deep condition during class because it's really bad enough having sweat run into my eyes; I really don't want to add chemicals to the mix.

3. Alright; I'll incorporate that as a last resort, if needed. Especially since I really like separating the regime.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 12:45am

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

@naturally50 and all others who are mixing the clay with a blender or mixer that has a metal attachment, you might want to do some research. Here is what I found on the internet.

It is a “healing clay,” a clay that absorbs impurities such as toxins and heavy metals either when ingested or applied topically. According to Mountain Rose Herbs,

Bentonite is very unusual in the fact that once it becomes hydrated, the electrical and molecular components of the clay rapidly change and produce an “electrical charge”… When it becomes mixed with water it rapidly swells open like a highly porous sponge. From here the toxins are drawn into the sponge through electrical attraction and once there, they are bound.

It is for this reason that bentonite clay should never be stored in a metal container or stirred with a metal since the clay absorbs the metals and becomes less effective.

HTH
Great information CurlyGurlTash, thanks for posting this. There is a mixer with out a metal attachment that can be used as well if you still want that option, Naturally50. Danabnatural uses it in her demo video.

Glad you brought up in detail the science behind how exactly clay draws out impurities. It also explains that the clay is still effective whether it dries or not.  So it is still effective even if you decide to DC with it. Something good to keep in mind.
Thanks Pinkecube, Where would I get a mixer/blender without the metal blade attachment? Iv'e been looking for one. I had one similar to Dana's, it was plastic on the outside but the blade inside was metal. I was thinking that Dana's was also metal on the inside. I wasn't aware that it was not.
You're right the inside of the hand mixer has metal in it. I think since the outside is plastic it might make it less of a risk. Plus I think one you get a hand blender you could even buy a plastic whisk attatchment.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 12:53am
Originally posted by cnomad11 cnomad11 wrote:

1. Well I slept with the clay at night last night- only because I was suffering from a really bad bout of my habitual insomnia- and it worked out great! Nothing too dramatically different- at least that I can tell since I've only done it once. I'm doing it again tonight and will come back with my results. And I'll do it also when I go back to yoga.

2. I mean doing 1-3, sleep, 4-5; then, right after a morning yoga class, lightly/quickly repeating steps 4 and 5. I only ask this because I'm not sure if all the sweat in my hair would hinder progress in moisture retention, etc. I don't think it'll be wise for me to deep condition during class because it's really bad enough having sweat run into my eyes; I really don't want to add chemicals to the mix.

3. Alright; I'll incorporate that as a last resort, if needed. Especially since I really like separating the regime.

Good, glad to hear it worked! Oh okay, wait--now I see what ur saying. You slept with the clay in your hair Yes, that's defintely fine. I actually wrote that on the site, and some ppl have actually slept in the clay overnight and rinsed out in the morning as a split too.

What I thought you were saying was doing step 1-3 rinsing the clay out, and then deep conditioning with conditioner/GHE overnight and doing step 4 and 5 in the morning. That is what I did in the past and got me the worst wash n go since starting the regimen.

So that means you have been doing the step 1-3 sleeping with the clay, and then doing step 1-3 in the morning again. Okay, then I would say that that is not a full repeat of the regimen. It would be full if you step 1-3 rinsed out the clay and DC'd with some conditioner. But that option is interesting too, but I would say it isn't in full. Especially since in that case you would not actually be DCing for the second step, and then on top of that only one step to absorb moisture in before clarifying.

Edited by pinkecube - Aug 04 2014 at 12:57am
Joja1107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Joja1107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 1:21am
Thanks Pinkecube, Msdeekay and everyone else who has contributed!! ClapI was 1 foot closer to the creamy crack cuz of all these  natural hair issues I've been having.Cry
I think this will save my hair!! I will be starting this week.

I have a few questions. I will have limited time in the mornings as I am not a morning person and with the kids going back to school and my daughter doing this method what is the best/quickest morning routine? Can we apply the leave in step at night, sleep under a plastic cap then in the morning add a little water and gel and go?

Can I make a big batch of the clay rinse? How would I store it? Fridge or cabinet?

I will make big batches of the diluted kcnt, kccc &trttt. Is this okay?

I will soon probably switch to flaxseed gel but I heard it doesn't keep long. Can I add something to it so it would keep longer?

I will need to use a hair color rinse to touch up my hair, what step would I do this?

I don't know what to do with all the "natural hair" products I have!!! I have a beauty supply like another poster said. 

Thanks again!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 203204205206207 292>