Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair
 

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 201202203204205 292>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream



Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 02 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 6168
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by darecare darecare wrote:

Hi British Curly living in London, I am think of doing the MHM but have tonnes of questions. Most around types of products and whether my lifestyle is compatible.

1. The infamous British weather it's always raining however we do have heat waves to very humid days, snow, ice, sleet ,hail and icy cold winds sometime all in one day. So beyond 5-step process what other products or regime should I be looking at that can protect my hair from the changing weather? As I don't see anything else about the LCO method or any products that I could use for it? because I don't think leave-in and gel will stop my hair from drying out in the weather. Oil?

2. I am a very active person so I swim alot at least once a week. Because of the chlorine would I need to do anything extra on those days? I have a special shampoo (Boots Sun Swim & Gym) that strips the chlorine and salt and toxins out. It stops my hair from going very dry straw like, this is what I use for swimming, during beach holidays and once a week for my gym sessions. 

3. I am going on holiday in a couple of weeks, and would like to continue the method but don't think some of products will last the flight. Any advice of suggestions especially on quantity as I am thinking of bottling the mixes but not too sure how it will respond to be frozen? or could I use something like organixs argan oil during the trip and then do week one when I get back?

4. Here are a list of products from one of the websites I get my products from, as some of the products recommend are just too expensive. Importing the unavailable ones is not an option as we are taxed heavily for that even if its for personal use. Using PinkeCube suggestion I've eliminated almost half the store but I would like some advice on whether these product are yes and or 'ok' meaning I can temporarily use them without have a large set back or could you recommend anything else?

http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/products/Dr.Bronners-Organic-Hair-Creme-Lavender-Coconut-178ml.html
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/products/Dr.Bronners-Organic-Hair-Creme-Peppermint-178ml.html
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/products/Jane-Carter-Curl-Defining-Cream-6oz.html
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/jane-carter-solution-creamy-conditioning-cleanser-8oz/
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/shea-moisture-100-organic-shea-butter-w-coconut-hibiscus/
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/charme-d-orient-rassol-clay-geranium-200g/
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/products/Dr.Bronners-Citrus-Conditioning-Hair-Rinse-236ml.html
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/macadamia-natural-oil-healing-oil-treatment-125ml/
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/macadamia-natural-oil-healing-oil-treatment-125ml/
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/products/GVN-L.A.-Natural-Styling-Gel-200ml.html

Or would you recommend anything from LUSH uk range? As they are known for being organic and natural products. I do not mind going out and trying these products and contributing but I need a starting point because its not clear in the ingredients.

https://www.lush.co.uk/products/conditioners

Thank you in advance, this is quite a lot of things I've asked for but it would be beneficial for me in the long run so I don't suffer any set backs and I am properly taking care of my hair because at the moment my hair is bone dry rough and frizzy even after putting loads of cremes and products in, so I want to make the MHM work in all sort of situations.

Thank You!!!!
Hi darecare, welcome to the MHM family, glad to have you doing this. If you have any specific items from Lush you want me to look at I will, but based on what i saw, their conditioners have sodium laureth sulfate in everyone that i checked, and also propylene glycol at the top of the list. I would avoid it.

1. The LCO method can be implemented in this regimen, it says so the site: http://maxhydrationmethod.com/the-max-hydration-method-detailed-regimen/. Just layer on wet hair, conditioner, oil and then gel. You can use any oil you prefer. Avoid glycerin, and coconut oil isn't recommended for low porosity types or the protein sensitive. Heavy butters should be used minimally or diluted into more of a whip, with lighter oils etc.

2. On days you go swimming, you can layer oil as well. Oil has a way of preventing salts from absrobing or stripping the hair. You can still use your shampoo if you still find it necessary. I don't think you will though. I would experiment with the regimen, on those days and just see if it alone is enough to get the job done. Bentonite clay is a very effective clarifier. You can try to do the regimen all in one go on days you do swimming, with the clay step left in a little longer than normal. You might even do the clay step first as per the mini regimen.

3. On days you don't have product you can DC under a wig or scarf. For the trip, I would just bring my clay powder, and mixes unmixed with me with empty containers. I think your gel will last more than a couple of weeks, just make sure it is a full container. For the conditioner, you can bring a full one and just empty applicator bottle to help you water it down with. You can also do the alternate bakingsoda mixture.

4. Like Dee mentioned there are other users in the UK getting products, and also you can try iherb.




http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/products/Dr.Bronners-Organic-Hair-Creme-Lavender-Coconut-178ml.htmlThumbs Down unfortunately organic or not ethanol as the first ingredient in your leave in is asking for dryness.

http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/products/Dr.Bronners-Organic-Hair-Creme-Peppermint-178ml.html Thumbs Down

http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/products/Jane-Carter-Curl-Defining-Cream-6oz.html Thumbs Down

http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/jane-carter-solution-creamy-conditioning-cleanser-8oz/ Glycerin is at the top of the list. As it appears to be the only problem ingredient, you could use this as a strictly rinse out product, not as a leave in, though.

http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/shea-moisture-100-organic-shea-butter-w-coconut-hibiscus/ This is okay, but make sure this is being used as a sealant.

http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/charme-d-orient-rassol-clay-geranium-200g/ Thumbs Up

http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/products/Dr.Bronners-Citrus-Conditioning-Hair-Rinse-236ml.html Thumbs Down

http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/macadamia-natural-oil-healing-oil-treatment-125ml/ Thumbs Down

http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/macadamia-natural-oil-healing-oil-treatment-125ml/ Thumbs Down

http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/products/GVN-L.A.-Natural-Styling-Gel-200ml.html
Thumbs Up



Edited by pinkecube - Aug 03 2014 at 1:40pm
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Rebekah93 View Drop Down
New Member
New Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 08 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 79
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rebekah93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

Originally posted by Rebekah93 Rebekah93 wrote:

[QUOTE=ElsieJay]

May I ask where you bought your Giovanni conditioner? Haven't been able to find the new fomula anywhere!

I must confess that I just used what I had which was the eco chic one. I couldn't find the other one either. If this doesn't work for you/you're strictly adhering to the exact recommended conditioners maybe just use the curls conditioner which is easily available. Sorry I can't be of more help. Maybe iherb has the recommended giovanni leave in, not sure, but they're usually poorly stocked for products so I don't know

No worries!  Thanks anyway!
I actually have the curls conditioner and it works great as a deep conditioner! However, since I'm using the Giovanni gel I thought it would be better to use it with the leave in and see if I got better results using them together for the final steps.

Back to Top
Rebekah93 View Drop Down
New Member
New Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 08 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 79
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Rebekah93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 1:59pm
For anyway located near South London, Black Beauty in Catford stock a lot of US products. They have Curls, Jane Carter and Shea Moisture products although I'm not sure of specifics, but hopefully the approved products are there. 

The owner also said he's waiting on Kinky Curly products to be delivered. Hope this helps someone!
Back to Top
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 02 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 6168
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

Just wondering if anyone has experienced dry, scaly scalp with baking soda/conditioner combo. I experienced it for the first time today and I have never had this problem before. I think I may have put too much baking soda in. Bit worried, may dilute with more water. Not keen on ACV at all, would consider going back to shampoo first before ACV. Any suggestions?


Also wondering if anyone from the UK has managed to find any cheap deep conditioners with approved ingredients that can be store bought e.g. can we use vatika deep conditioning masks which are not natural but don't contain mineral oils, silicones etc. 
Hi ElsieJay, how much bakingsoda have you been adding? Have you been adding enough conditioner to the mixture? Try letting the clay to your scalp and also conditioner. Do you do the DC option afterward or another version? It depends on the specific label. Can you tell me which one it is so I can analyze the ingredients? Vatika sounds like the company that puts amla and henna in every thing, plus I was told some of their stuff has mineral oil in it. If it does have protein, (amla,henna) that is something you want to avoid making as a staple. You're going to be DCing a lot and everytime you DC you do not want to be doing a protein treatment. It's a quick way to protein overload.

I think I added too much BS this time around as I never had dry scalp before with BS/conditioner mix. I have been doing BS/conditioner, followed by DC, then clay, leave in, gel. I will dilute the mix with more water and allow the DC and clay onto my scalp and let you know how my scalp does. Interestingly, my hair isn't dry, maybe because of the leave in. Maybe I will put some leave in on my scalp too. 


As for the Vatika conditioners here are a few:




I know most of these conditoners are not natural but are all the ingredients incompatible with mhm? I don't want to use them as a leave in but just for DC step. Thanks
These are the ingredients for Vatika Naturals Virgin Olive Deep Conditioning Hair Mask: Thumbs Up
Ingredients:  Aqua, cetrimonium chloride, cetearyl alcohol, myristyl alcohol (fatty alcohols), olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, prununs amigdalus dulcis (almond) oil, lawsonia inermis (henna) extract, parfum, magnesium nitrate, magnesium chloride, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, citric acid, CI16255, CI19140, CI28440, CI73015, CI14720

Dabur Vatika Naturals Black Seed Deep Conditioning Hair Mask Thumbs Down

Ingredients: Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Nigella sativa seed extract, Propylene glycol, Parfum, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Citirc Acid, CI 19140, CI 42090, CI 16035, CI 16035, CI 15985, CI 28440


Vatika Naturals - Egg Protein - Deep Conditioning Hair Mask Thumbs Down


Ingredients: Aqua, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Parfum, Honey Extract, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Marrow Extract, Egg Powder, Olea Europaea (Olive), Fruit Oil, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolionone, Methylsothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Cl 19140, Cl 42080, Cl28440, Cl73015, Cl16255, Cl14720.


Also, what about TIGI bed head moisture maniac? Thumbs Down

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Acetamide MEA, Cetrimonium Bromide, Stearyl Alcohol, Parfum(Fragrance), DMDM Hydantoin, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate(silicone), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Silk Amino Acids, D&C Orange 4


Naked Rescue Intensive Care ConditionerThumbs Down

Aqua, Cetearyl alcohol, Brassicamidopropyl dimethylamine (derived from brassicacae oil), Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, Butyrospermum parkii (shea) nut butter, Passion incarnata (passion) seed oil, Dicaprylyl ether, Glycerin, Lauryl Alcohol, Cocodimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed wheat protein, Aspartic acid, Hydrxypropyl oxidized Starch PG-Trimonium Chloride, Starch hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, Sodium lactate, Sodium chloride, Parfum, Chlorphenesin, Urea, Citric acid, Coumarin, Linalool, Lactic acid

Faith in Nature chocolate conditioner: okayThumbs Up

Aqua, Cetearyl alcohol, Brassica campestris seed oil, Theobroma cacao extract, Salvia officinalis leaf extract, Vanilla planifolia fruit extract, Melaleuca alternifolia leaf oil, Cetrimonium chloride, Sodium benzoate , Potassium Sorbate, Citric acid


body shop banana conditioner:Thumbs Down

Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica Fruit/Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Mel/Honey (Natural Additive), Panthenol (Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Sodium Chloride (Viscosity Modifier), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), CI 15985/Yellow 6 (Colorant), CI 19140/Yellow 5 (Colour).

body shop rainforest radiance conditioner: This might work as a strict DC or rinse out product.

Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Distearoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate (Antistatic Agent), Glycine Soja Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Glycerin (Humectant), Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Sucrose Laurate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Hydroxypropyl Guar (Emulsion stabilizer, Viscocity increasing agent), Linum Usitatissimum Seed Oil (Fragrance Ingredient), Salicylic Acid (Preservative/Hair Conditioner), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin Conditioning Agent), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Sunscreen), Pentaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant)

garnier ultimate blends, very cheap available from boots. Haven't been able to find ingredients list yet but have a picture from someones website with some of the ingredients visible
found it:
Ingredients:Thumbs Down Thumbs Down
Aqua / Water, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Quaternium-87, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, CI 19140 / Yellow 5, CI 14700 / Red 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Argania Spinosa Oil / Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Trideceth-6, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Limonene, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Isopropyl Alcohol, 2-Oleamido-1, 3-Octadecanediol, Geraniol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Parfum / Fragrance

Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

Some more UK conditioners available in store that I'm not sure if mhm appropriate: 


Faith in nature seem to do a lot of moderately priced conditioners that may be compatible with mhm 
,


Edited by pinkecube - Aug 03 2014 at 9:59pm
Back to Top
ElsieJay View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: Jul 10 2014
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Points: 255
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ElsieJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

Just wondering if anyone has experienced dry, scaly scalp with baking soda/conditioner combo. I experienced it for the first time today and I have never had this problem before. I think I may have put too much baking soda in. Bit worried, may dilute with more water. Not keen on ACV at all, would consider going back to shampoo first before ACV. Any suggestions?


Also wondering if anyone from the UK has managed to find any cheap deep conditioners with approved ingredients that can be store bought e.g. can we use vatika deep conditioning masks which are not natural but don't contain mineral oils, silicones etc. 
Hi ElsieJay, how much bakingsoda have you been adding? Have you been adding enough conditioner to the mixture? Try letting the clay to your scalp and also conditioner. Do you do the DC option afterward or another version? It depends on the specific label. Can you tell me which one it is so I can analyze the ingredients? Vatika sounds like the company that puts amla and henna in every thing, plus I was told some of their stuff has mineral oil in it. If it does have protein, (amla,henna) that is something you want to avoid making as a staple. You're going to be DCing a lot and everytime you DC you do not want to be doing a protein treatment. It's a quick way to protein overload.

I think I added too much BS this time around as I never had dry scalp before with BS/conditioner mix. I have been doing BS/conditioner, followed by DC, then clay, leave in, gel. I will dilute the mix with more water and allow the DC and clay onto my scalp and let you know how my scalp does. Interestingly, my hair isn't dry, maybe because of the leave in. Maybe I will put some leave in on my scalp too. 


As for the Vatika conditioners here are a few:




I know most of these conditoners are not natural but are all the ingredients incompatible with mhm? I don't want to use them as a leave in but just for DC step. Thanks
These are the ingredients for Vatika Naturals Virgin Olive Deep Conditioning Hair Mask: Thumbs Up
Ingredients:  Aqua, cetrimonium chloride, cetearyl alcohol, myristyl alcohol (fatty alcohols), olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, prununs amigdalus dulcis (almond) oil, lawsonia inermis (henna) extract, parfum, magnesium nitrate, magnesium chloride, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, citric acid, CI16255, CI19140, CI28440, CI73015, CI14720

Dabur Vatika Naturals Black Seed Deep Conditioning Hair Mask Thumbs Down

Ingredients: Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Nigella sativa seed extract, Propylene glycol, Parfum, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Citirc Acid, CI 19140, CI 42090, CI 16035, CI 16035, CI 15985, CI 28440


Vatika Naturals - Egg Protein - Deep Conditioning Hair Mask Thumbs Down


Ingredients: Aqua, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Parfum, Honey Extract, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Marrow Extract, Egg Powder, Olea Europaea (Olive), Fruit Oil, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolionone, Methylsothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Cl 19140, Cl 42080, Cl28440, Cl73015, Cl16255, Cl14720.


Also, what about TIGI bed head moisture maniac? Thumbs Down

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Acetamide MEA, Cetrimonium Bromide, Stearyl Alcohol, Parfum(Fragrance), DMDM Hydantoin, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate(silicone), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Silk Amino Acids, D&C Orange 4


Naked Rescue Intensive Care ConditionerThumbs Down

Aqua, Cetearyl alcohol, Brassicamidopropyl dimethylamine (derived from brassicacae oil), Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, Butyrospermum parkii (shea) nut butter, Passion incarnata (passion) seed oil, Dicaprylyl ether, Glycerin, Lauryl Alcohol, Cocodimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed wheat protein, Aspartic acid, Hydrxypropyl oxidized Starch PG-Trimonium Chloride, Starch hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, Sodium lactate, Sodium chloride, Parfum, Chlorphenesin, Urea, Citric acid, Coumarin, Linalool, Lactic acid

including their chocolate conditioner: okayThumbs Up

Aqua, Cetearyl alcohol, Brassica campestris seed oil, Theobroma cacao extract, Salvia officinalis leaf extract, Vanilla planifolia fruit extract, Melaleuca alternifolia leaf oil, Cetrimonium chloride, Sodium benzoate , Potassium Sorbate, Citric acid


body shop banana conditioner:Thumbs Down

Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica Fruit/Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Mel/Honey (Natural Additive), Panthenol (Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Sodium Chloride (Viscosity Modifier), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), CI 15985/Yellow 6 (Colorant), CI 19140/Yellow 5 (Colour).

body shop rainforest radiance conditioner: This might work as a strict DC or rinse out product.

Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Distearoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate (Antistatic Agent), Glycine Soja Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Glycerin (Humectant), Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Sucrose Laurate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Hydroxypropyl Guar (Emulsion stabilizer, Viscocity increasing agent), Linum Usitatissimum Seed Oil (Fragrance Ingredient), Salicylic Acid (Preservative/Hair Conditioner), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin Conditioning Agent), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Sunscreen), Pentaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant)

garnier ultimate blends, very cheap available from boots. Haven't been able to find ingredients list yet but have a picture from someones website with some of the ingredients visible
found it:
Ingredients:Thumbs Down Thumbs Down
Aqua / Water, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Quaternium-87, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, CI 19140 / Yellow 5, CI 14700 / Red 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Argania Spinosa Oil / Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Trideceth-6, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Limonene, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Isopropyl Alcohol, 2-Oleamido-1, 3-Octadecanediol, Geraniol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Parfum / Fragrance

Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

Some more UK conditioners available in store that I'm not sure if mhm appropriate: 


Faith in nature seem to do a lot of moderately priced conditioners that may be compatible with mhm 
,

Thanks Pinke, this is extremely helpful. This means that for UK naturals there is a cheap conditioner widely available, even from local supermarkets e.g. tesco's, hair shops, etc:

Darbur Vatika Naturals Virgin Olive Deep Conditioning Hair Mask

It's only £5/£6 for a 500g tub and a little goes a long way. Msdeekay, here's another conditioner to add to the list of approved products, and something that UK mhm-ers can get hold of easily. I believe it is also available in other countries and is quite cheap to purchase online too


Faith in nature conditioner (chocolate) is also approved but a bit more expensive and only available from health food stores/online. Not sure about the other Faith in nature conditioners though


Edited by ElsieJay - Aug 03 2014 at 2:31pm
Back to Top
lovemycoils03 View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 26 2014
Location: California
Status: Offline
Points: 464
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Originally posted by lovemycoils03 lovemycoils03 wrote:

Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

I finally saw the MHM article on curlynikki and I was baffled at how many people were complaining about how long the method took and how it was "too much" for their hair. I'll put up a video showing how I do the full MHM routine in 30 minutes with good results

WOW thanks aharri23 that would be awesome. I actually noticed that it gets more easier the more you do it and more hydrated your hair is. I dont do the whole regimen at one go but that's just me, cause I love splitting the regimen in the morning routine and night routine. I already got that rhythm down lol and also because I do it everyday and I also love the over night conditioning/GHE step. I feel like my hair has been responding better that way since I don't have a steamer. But that's just me.

But lately I've noticed that as my hair is getting more hydrated it takes product really easily which means I get to do everything in the shower really quick in big sections, including the clay and leave in and gel part. Which makes it go really quick.
Msdeekay, do you mean you apply or just rinse out the clay in the shower? Are you applying the leave in under the shower stream? If so, do you still water it down? I too split up the process, but my scalp is itching more and more as it's not getting fully dry...going on three weeks almost now ): 
lovemycoils03, I do everything in the shower now. I apply and rinse in the shower. I dont apply the leave in under the shower stream I just apply the leave in in the shower right after I rinse out the clay. 
My leave in is watered down. But I have to say I've only been able to do this now that most of my hair strands have root to tip definition so I dont have to be as meticulous with the application process any more. It feels like I'm just refreshing my hair. Rather than trying to define my hair. I only started doing this within the past two days though.

Scalp itching could also be due to the GHE I know there are a couple of people who get this with the GHE maybe you should try spacing it out so your hair is fully dry and see if you still experience this. 
Thanks Dee. I just want to quickly clarify to make sure my wording wasn't confusing. I mean after the clay step, I go back and wet my hair under the shower first, then duck out and apply watered down conditioner at my roots. then i dip my hair back under the shower stream to help it spread some, and make my hair even more wet, and shake. I don't actually just stand under the water the whole time I apply conditioner, wouldn't want it to run down the drain, lol. Whether you water it down the conditioner as you do this, is up to you. I find I make may conditioner mix slightly thicker now, than when I was doing my hair section by section. Enough so it actually is foamy and does have slip. Because I water it down, I don't have any issue with white residue, so I don't find I need to do the sliding off excess conditioner thing.
Awesome! Thank you both. Not sure why that was hard to picture lol. I'll work towards this process as it seems so much shorter. I'm also going to space out the washes every 2nd or even third day to help with the scalp.  
Back to Top
ElsieJay View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member


Joined: Jul 10 2014
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Points: 255
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ElsieJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

Just wondering if anyone has experienced dry, scaly scalp with baking soda/conditioner combo. I experienced it for the first time today and I have never had this problem before. I think I may have put too much baking soda in. Bit worried, may dilute with more water. Not keen on ACV at all, would consider going back to shampoo first before ACV. Any suggestions?


Also wondering if anyone from the UK has managed to find any cheap deep conditioners with approved ingredients that can be store bought e.g. can we use vatika deep conditioning masks which are not natural but don't contain mineral oils, silicones etc. 
Hi ElsieJay, how much bakingsoda have you been adding? Have you been adding enough conditioner to the mixture? Try letting the clay to your scalp and also conditioner. Do you do the DC option afterward or another version? It depends on the specific label. Can you tell me which one it is so I can analyze the ingredients? Vatika sounds like the company that puts amla and henna in every thing, plus I was told some of their stuff has mineral oil in it. If it does have protein, (amla,henna) that is something you want to avoid making as a staple. You're going to be DCing a lot and everytime you DC you do not want to be doing a protein treatment. It's a quick way to protein overload.

I think I added too much BS this time around as I never had dry scalp before with BS/conditioner mix. I have been doing BS/conditioner, followed by DC, then clay, leave in, gel. I will dilute the mix with more water and allow the DC and clay onto my scalp and let you know how my scalp does. Interestingly, my hair isn't dry, maybe because of the leave in. Maybe I will put some leave in on my scalp too. 


As for the Vatika conditioners here are a few:




I know most of these conditoners are not natural but are all the ingredients incompatible with mhm? I don't want to use them as a leave in but just for DC step. Thanks
These are the ingredients for Vatika Naturals Virgin Olive Deep Conditioning Hair Mask: Thumbs Up
Ingredients:  Aqua, cetrimonium chloride, cetearyl alcohol, myristyl alcohol (fatty alcohols), olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, prununs amigdalus dulcis (almond) oil, lawsonia inermis (henna) extract, parfum, magnesium nitrate, magnesium chloride, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, citric acid, CI16255, CI19140, CI28440, CI73015, CI14720

Dabur Vatika Naturals Black Seed Deep Conditioning Hair Mask Thumbs Down

Ingredients: Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Nigella sativa seed extract, Propylene glycol, Parfum, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Citirc Acid, CI 19140, CI 42090, CI 16035, CI 16035, CI 15985, CI 28440


Vatika Naturals - Egg Protein - Deep Conditioning Hair Mask Thumbs Down


Ingredients: Aqua, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Parfum, Honey Extract, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Marrow Extract, Egg Powder, Olea Europaea (Olive), Fruit Oil, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolionone, Methylsothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Cl 19140, Cl 42080, Cl28440, Cl73015, Cl16255, Cl14720.


Also, what about TIGI bed head moisture maniac? Thumbs Down

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Acetamide MEA, Cetrimonium Bromide, Stearyl Alcohol, Parfum(Fragrance), DMDM Hydantoin, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate(silicone), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Silk Amino Acids, D&C Orange 4


Naked Rescue Intensive Care ConditionerThumbs Down

Aqua, Cetearyl alcohol, Brassicamidopropyl dimethylamine (derived from brassicacae oil), Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, Butyrospermum parkii (shea) nut butter, Passion incarnata (passion) seed oil, Dicaprylyl ether, Glycerin, Lauryl Alcohol, Cocodimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed wheat protein, Aspartic acid, Hydrxypropyl oxidized Starch PG-Trimonium Chloride, Starch hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, Sodium lactate, Sodium chloride, Parfum, Chlorphenesin, Urea, Citric acid, Coumarin, Linalool, Lactic acid

including their chocolate conditioner: okayThumbs Up

Aqua, Cetearyl alcohol, Brassica campestris seed oil, Theobroma cacao extract, Salvia officinalis leaf extract, Vanilla planifolia fruit extract, Melaleuca alternifolia leaf oil, Cetrimonium chloride, Sodium benzoate , Potassium Sorbate, Citric acid


body shop banana conditioner:Thumbs Down

Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica Fruit/Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Mel/Honey (Natural Additive), Panthenol (Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Sodium Chloride (Viscosity Modifier), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), CI 15985/Yellow 6 (Colorant), CI 19140/Yellow 5 (Colour).

body shop rainforest radiance conditioner: This might work as a strict DC or rinse out product.

Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Distearoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate (Antistatic Agent), Glycine Soja Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Glycerin (Humectant), Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Sucrose Laurate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Hydroxypropyl Guar (Emulsion stabilizer, Viscocity increasing agent), Linum Usitatissimum Seed Oil (Fragrance Ingredient), Salicylic Acid (Preservative/Hair Conditioner), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin Conditioning Agent), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Sunscreen), Pentaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant)

garnier ultimate blends, very cheap available from boots. Haven't been able to find ingredients list yet but have a picture from someones website with some of the ingredients visible
found it:
Ingredients:Thumbs Down Thumbs Down
Aqua / Water, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Quaternium-87, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, CI 19140 / Yellow 5, CI 14700 / Red 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Argania Spinosa Oil / Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Trideceth-6, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Limonene, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Isopropyl Alcohol, 2-Oleamido-1, 3-Octadecanediol, Geraniol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Parfum / Fragrance

Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

Some more UK conditioners available in store that I'm not sure if mhm appropriate: 


Faith in nature seem to do a lot of moderately priced conditioners that may be compatible with mhm 
,

Thanks Pinke, this is extremely helpful. This means that for UK naturals there is a cheap conditioner widely available, even from local supermarkets e.g. tesco's, hair shops, etc:

Darbur Vatika Naturals Virgin Olive Deep Conditioning Hair Mask

It's only £5/£6 for a 500g tub and a little goes a long way. Msdeekay, here's another conditioner to add to the list of approved products, and something that UK mhm-ers can get hold of easily. I believe it is also available in other countries and is quite cheap to purchase online too


Faith in nature conditioner (chocolate) is also approved but a bit more expensive and only available from health food stores/online. Not sure about the other Faith in nature conditioners though

Sorry, this is the garnier ultimate blends I was talking about w/o cones:


So I have found the ingredients for Garnier Ultimate Blends: With Avocado Oil and Shea Butter which for 400mls is about £2 from Asda et al:
Aqua/Water
Cetrearyl Alcohol
Elaeis Guineesis Oil/ Palm Oil
Behentrimonium Chloride
Cl 5985/Yellow6
Cl 191140/Yellow5
Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine
Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride
Isopropyl Alcohol
Persea Grattisima Oil/Avocado Oil
Citric Acid
Butyrospermum
Parkii Butter/Shea Butter
Hexyl Cinnamal
Glycerin
Parfum/Fragrance

I guess this isn't mhm appropriate either (not so good ingredients bolded)


Edited by ElsieJay - Aug 03 2014 at 2:53pm
Back to Top
lovemycoils03 View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 26 2014
Location: California
Status: Offline
Points: 464
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by lovemycoils03 lovemycoils03 wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Originally posted by lovemycoils03 lovemycoils03 wrote:

Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

I finally saw the MHM article on curlynikki and I was baffled at how many people were complaining about how long the method took and how it was "too much" for their hair. I'll put up a video showing how I do the full MHM routine in 30 minutes with good results

WOW thanks aharri23 that would be awesome. I actually noticed that it gets more easier the more you do it and more hydrated your hair is. I dont do the whole regimen at one go but that's just me, cause I love splitting the regimen in the morning routine and night routine. I already got that rhythm down lol and also because I do it everyday and I also love the over night conditioning/GHE step. I feel like my hair has been responding better that way since I don't have a steamer. But that's just me.

But lately I've noticed that as my hair is getting more hydrated it takes product really easily which means I get to do everything in the shower really quick in big sections, including the clay and leave in and gel part. Which makes it go really quick.
Msdeekay, do you mean you apply or just rinse out the clay in the shower? Are you applying the leave in under the shower stream? If so, do you still water it down? I too split up the process, but my scalp is itching more and more as it's not getting fully dry...going on three weeks almost now ): 
lovemycoils03, I do everything in the shower now. I apply and rinse in the shower. I dont apply the leave in under the shower stream I just apply the leave in in the shower right after I rinse out the clay. 
My leave in is watered down. But I have to say I've only been able to do this now that most of my hair strands have root to tip definition so I dont have to be as meticulous with the application process any more. It feels like I'm just refreshing my hair. Rather than trying to define my hair. I only started doing this within the past two days though.

Scalp itching could also be due to the GHE I know there are a couple of people who get this with the GHE maybe you should try spacing it out so your hair is fully dry and see if you still experience this. 
Thanks Dee. I just want to quickly clarify to make sure my wording wasn't confusing. I mean after the clay step, I go back and wet my hair under the shower first, then duck out and apply watered down conditioner at my roots. then i dip my hair back under the shower stream to help it spread some, and make my hair even more wet, and shake. I don't actually just stand under the water the whole time I apply conditioner, wouldn't want it to run down the drain, lol. Whether you water it down the conditioner as you do this, is up to you. I find I make may conditioner mix slightly thicker now, than when I was doing my hair section by section. Enough so it actually is foamy and does have slip. Because I water it down, I don't have any issue with white residue, so I don't find I need to do the sliding off excess conditioner thing.
Awesome! Thank you both. Not sure why that was hard to picture lol. I'll work towards this process as it seems so much shorter. I'm also going to space out the washes every 2nd or even third day to help with the scalp.  
And Aharri23, I'm looking forward to your video.
Back to Top
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 02 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 6168
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

Just wondering if anyone has experienced dry, scaly scalp with baking soda/conditioner combo. I experienced it for the first time today and I have never had this problem before. I think I may have put too much baking soda in. Bit worried, may dilute with more water. Not keen on ACV at all, would consider going back to shampoo first before ACV. Any suggestions?


Also wondering if anyone from the UK has managed to find any cheap deep conditioners with approved ingredients that can be store bought e.g. can we use vatika deep conditioning masks which are not natural but don't contain mineral oils, silicones etc. 
Hi ElsieJay, how much bakingsoda have you been adding? Have you been adding enough conditioner to the mixture? Try letting the clay to your scalp and also conditioner. Do you do the DC option afterward or another version? It depends on the specific label. Can you tell me which one it is so I can analyze the ingredients? Vatika sounds like the company that puts amla and henna in every thing, plus I was told some of their stuff has mineral oil in it. If it does have protein, (amla,henna) that is something you want to avoid making as a staple. You're going to be DCing a lot and everytime you DC you do not want to be doing a protein treatment. It's a quick way to protein overload.

I think I added too much BS this time around as I never had dry scalp before with BS/conditioner mix. I have been doing BS/conditioner, followed by DC, then clay, leave in, gel. I will dilute the mix with more water and allow the DC and clay onto my scalp and let you know how my scalp does. Interestingly, my hair isn't dry, maybe because of the leave in. Maybe I will put some leave in on my scalp too. 


As for the Vatika conditioners here are a few:




I know most of these conditoners are not natural but are all the ingredients incompatible with mhm? I don't want to use them as a leave in but just for DC step. Thanks
These are the ingredients for Vatika Naturals Virgin Olive Deep Conditioning Hair Mask: Thumbs Up
Ingredients:  Aqua, cetrimonium chloride, cetearyl alcohol, myristyl alcohol (fatty alcohols), olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, prununs amigdalus dulcis (almond) oil, lawsonia inermis (henna) extract, parfum, magnesium nitrate, magnesium chloride, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, citric acid, CI16255, CI19140, CI28440, CI73015, CI14720

Dabur Vatika Naturals Black Seed Deep Conditioning Hair Mask Thumbs Down

Ingredients: Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Nigella sativa seed extract, Propylene glycol, Parfum, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Citirc Acid, CI 19140, CI 42090, CI 16035, CI 16035, CI 15985, CI 28440


Vatika Naturals - Egg Protein - Deep Conditioning Hair Mask Thumbs Down


Ingredients: Aqua, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Parfum, Honey Extract, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Marrow Extract, Egg Powder, Olea Europaea (Olive), Fruit Oil, Magnesium Nitrate, Magnesium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolionone, Methylsothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Cl 19140, Cl 42080, Cl28440, Cl73015, Cl16255, Cl14720.


Also, what about TIGI bed head moisture maniac? Thumbs Down

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Acetamide MEA, Cetrimonium Bromide, Stearyl Alcohol, Parfum(Fragrance), DMDM Hydantoin, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate(silicone), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Silk Amino Acids, D&C Orange 4


Naked Rescue Intensive Care ConditionerThumbs Down

Aqua, Cetearyl alcohol, Brassicamidopropyl dimethylamine (derived from brassicacae oil), Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, Butyrospermum parkii (shea) nut butter, Passion incarnata (passion) seed oil, Dicaprylyl ether, Glycerin, Lauryl Alcohol, Cocodimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed wheat protein, Aspartic acid, Hydrxypropyl oxidized Starch PG-Trimonium Chloride, Starch hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, Sodium lactate, Sodium chloride, Parfum, Chlorphenesin, Urea, Citric acid, Coumarin, Linalool, Lactic acid

including their chocolate conditioner: okayThumbs Up

Aqua, Cetearyl alcohol, Brassica campestris seed oil, Theobroma cacao extract, Salvia officinalis leaf extract, Vanilla planifolia fruit extract, Melaleuca alternifolia leaf oil, Cetrimonium chloride, Sodium benzoate , Potassium Sorbate, Citric acid


body shop banana conditioner:Thumbs Down

Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica Fruit/Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Mel/Honey (Natural Additive), Panthenol (Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Sodium Chloride (Viscosity Modifier), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), CI 15985/Yellow 6 (Colorant), CI 19140/Yellow 5 (Colour).

body shop rainforest radiance conditioner: This might work as a strict DC or rinse out product.

Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Distearoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate (Antistatic Agent), Glycine Soja Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Glycerin (Humectant), Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Sucrose Laurate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Hydroxypropyl Guar (Emulsion stabilizer, Viscocity increasing agent), Linum Usitatissimum Seed Oil (Fragrance Ingredient), Salicylic Acid (Preservative/Hair Conditioner), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Skin Conditioning Agent), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Sunscreen), Pentaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant)

garnier ultimate blends, very cheap available from boots. Haven't been able to find ingredients list yet but have a picture from someones website with some of the ingredients visible
found it:
Ingredients:Thumbs Down Thumbs Down
Aqua / Water, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Quaternium-87, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, CI 19140 / Yellow 5, CI 14700 / Red 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Argania Spinosa Oil / Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Trideceth-6, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Limonene, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Isopropyl Alcohol, 2-Oleamido-1, 3-Octadecanediol, Geraniol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Parfum / Fragrance

Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

Some more UK conditioners available in store that I'm not sure if mhm appropriate: 


Faith in nature seem to do a lot of moderately priced conditioners that may be compatible with mhm 
,

Thanks Pinke, this is extremely helpful. This means that for UK naturals there is a cheap conditioner widely available, even from local supermarkets e.g. tesco's, hair shops, etc:

Darbur Vatika Naturals Virgin Olive Deep Conditioning Hair Mask

It's only £5/£6 for a 500g tub and a little goes a long way. Msdeekay, here's another conditioner to add to the list of approved products, and something that UK mhm-ers can get hold of easily. I believe it is also available in other countries and is quite cheap to purchase online too


Faith in nature conditioner (chocolate) is also approved but a bit more expensive and only available from health food stores/online. Not sure about the other Faith in nature conditioners though

Sorry, this is the garnier ultimate blends I was talking about w/o cones:


So I have found the ingredients for Garnier Ultimate Blends: With Avocado Oil and Shea Butter which for 400mls is about £2 from Asda et al:
Aqua/Water
Cetrearyl Alcohol
Elaeis Guineesis Oil/ Palm Oil
Behentrimonium Chloride
Cl 5985/Yellow6
Cl 191140/Yellow5
Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine
Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride
Isopropyl Alcohol
Persea Grattisima Oil/Avocado Oil
Citric Acid
Butyrospermum
Parkii Butter/Shea Butter
Hexyl Cinnamal
Glycerin
Parfum/Fragrance

I guess this isn't mhm appropriate either (not so good ingredients bolded)
Oh I must have looked up the wrong version of the Garnier blends. But yeah, either way it is a nono.
Back to Top
eeshmo09 View Drop Down
New Member
New Member


Joined: Jul 31 2014
Location: London
Status: Offline
Points: 44
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eeshmo09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Rebekah93 Rebekah93 wrote:

For anyway located near South London, Black Beauty in Catford stock a lot of US products. T<span style="line-height: 1.4;">hey have Curls, Jane Carter and Shea Moisture products although I'm not sure of specifics, but hopefully the approved products are there. </span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">The owner also said he's waiting on Kinky Curly products to be delivered. Hope this helps someone!</span>


thanks for this, the KCKT alone is worth the trek from Stratford..the only other condish I use regularly is the Curls Ectasy my hair loves it when deep conditioning/ ghe but not so much as a leave-in, I usually layer it under KCKT.

Edited by eeshmo09 - Aug 03 2014 at 5:42pm
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 201202203204205 292>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down