Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 199200201202203 276>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
solomonsydelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2014 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by naturallyme247 naturallyme247 wrote:

Originally posted by solomonsydelle solomonsydelle wrote:

Hey ladies and gents!

So, I'm playing with my hair today and finding loads of single strand knots. I've never had this issue before and as I am newly natural, I'd appreciate any help I can get, please. Could there be something I am not doing/doing wrong when I MHM?

TIA.

Are you eyeing the ingredients when you're mixing them up or are attempting to measure the ingredients exactly? Each step in this method has it's own purpose..so being exact is important or else you would get different results.  

And post what method you follow since their several..the original and modified. Are you using baking soda or acv...deep conditioning over night or are you steaming for 30...what products are you using? Have you tried using different methods? 

Thanks for taking a stab at this.

1. "Are you eyeing the ingredients..." - well, I dilute about 2oz KCKT con to 16-18oz of water. I do eyeball my clay measurements though because my clay was coming out too watery, so I add a bit more clay to the mix.

2. "...post what method you follow..." - Original MHM routine as in - ACV, Cowash (1-1.5hrs), Clay (1-2hrs so I can work out, cook etc), Leave In, Gel.

3. "what products are you using?" - ACV, diluted KCKT, Montmorillonite clay (reddish brown), diluted KCKT/undiluted KCKT and KCCC

I last MHMed on Thursday-Friday morning by doing Steps 1-4. Then I twisted my hair and used pins yo stretch the twists out around my head. I put on a showercap to bed with a scarf and in the morning, added water and gel for definition. Started to notice knots last night - Ah, I didn't twist my hair at night as I usually do last night. I was too tired and passed out. Wonder if that's why and if so that's a problem. I'd prefer to not have to do that always.

Anyway, that's as much detail as I can give. I hope to get some advice on how to keep the SSKs at bay.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2014 at 10:23pm

Hey ladies and gents!

So, I'm playing with my hair today and finding loads of single strand knots. I've never had this issue before and as I am newly natural, I'd appreciate any help I can get, please. Could there be something I am not doing/doing wrong when I MHM?

TIA.

Are you eyeing the ingredients when you're mixing them up or are attempting to measure the ingredients exactly? Each step in this method has it's own purpose..so being exact is important or else you would get different results.  

And post what method you follow since their several..the original and modified. Are you using baking soda or acv...deep conditioning over night or are you steaming for 30...what products are you using? Have you tried using different methods? 

1. "Are you eyeing the ingredients..." - well, I dilute about 2oz KCKT con to 16-18oz of water. I do eyeball my clay measurements though because my clay was coming out too watery, so I add a bit more clay to the mix.

2. "...post what method you follow..." - Original MHM routine as in - ACV, Cowash (1-1.5hrs), Clay (1-2hrs so I can work out, cook etc), Leave In, Gel.

3. "what products are you using?" - ACV, diluted KCKT, Montmorillonite clay (reddish brown), diluted KCKT/undiluted KCKT and KCCC

I last MHMed on Thursday-Friday morning by doing Steps 1-4. Then I twisted my hair and used pins yo stretch the twists out around my head. I put on a showercap to bed with a scarf and in the morning, added water and gel for definition. Started to notice knots last night - Ah, I didn't twist my hair at night as I usually do last night. I was too tired and passed out. Wonder if that's why and if so that's a problem. I'd prefer to not have to do that always.

Anyway, that's as much detail as I can give. I hope to get some advice on how to keep the SSKs at bay.

Thanks!
thank you naturallyme for getting to solomonsdelle's question. Solomonsdelle, you have to keep your hair stretched when you DC overnight. This is something I adopt as well. If your hair's not a twa, you are going to have tangles, rolling around and smushing your loose hair all night, even under a shower cap. and especially if you are just starting, you will be prone to knots. So you do not have to twist your hair. I section my hair into 5-6 sections, roll and tuck and bun the ends of my hair. this will be helpful:

http://www.msdeekay.com/3968/how-to-keep-type-4-natural-hair-from-forming-knots-and-tangles/

Christine UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2014 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

I finally saw the MHM article on curlynikki and I was baffled at how many people were complaining about how long the method took and how it was "too much" for their hair. I'll put up a video showing how I do the full MHM routine in 30 minutes with good results

I finally saw the MHM article on curlynikki and I was baffled at how many people were complaining about how long the method took and how it was "too much" for their hair. I'll put up a video showing how I do the full MHM routine in 30 minutes with good results

I'm not sure if it's me, but don't My gut instinct senses an almost negative encouragement to its CN subsribers to post nevative comments about the MHM based on no constructive research. also, the way they have explained and wrote out the steps are incorrect & confusing if I didn't know better. It almost feels like an attempt to 'sabotage' new people to try tbe method or sway them from making a conscious descision of checking it out for themselves to see if it makes sense.

I am not saying this method is for everyone, but what has happened to FREE THINKERS??? If the method is not for you, then that is okay, but I for one found the article chose to use a slant of ridicule to generate the responses that came across to be rude and offensive to me. There are better ways of communicating our discussions without creating a nevative energy. I'm disappointed with the writer who covered the article as I suspect tbat they u dersfand tbe power of numbers and people wanting to 'fit in' with the 'in crowd'.
Pinke, please accept my apologies if this post seems negative as it is not my intention. Neither am I trying to encourage my MHM family to start ranting. I just feel very strongly about this and just feel that sometimes it just has to be said. I don't think I can be the only one that sees what is going on.
MHM will be having tbe last laugh, and all those naysers will be like the people who didn't listen to Noah when he was building tbe ark. LOL! Only difference being, our MHM family's door will always be open.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2014 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

I'm not sure if it's me, but don't My gut instinct senses an almost negative encouragement to its CN subsribers to post nevative comments about the MHM based on no constructive research. also, the way they have explained and wrote out the steps are incorrect & confusing if I didn't know better. It almost feels like an attempt to 'sabotage' new people to try tbe method or sway them from making a conscious descision of checking it out for themselves to see if it makes sense.

I am not saying this method is for everyone, but what has happened to FREE THINKERS??? If the method is not for you, then that is okay, but I for one found the article chose to use a slant of ridicule to generate the responses that came across to be rude and offensive to me. There are better ways of communicating our discussions without creating a negative energy. I'm disappointed with the writer who covered the article as I suspect that they undersfand the power of numbers and people wanting to 'fit in' with the 'in crowd'.
Pinke, please accept my apologies if this post seems negative as it is not my intention. Neither am I trying to encourage my MHM family to start ranting. I just feel very strongly about this and just feel that sometimes it just has to be said. I don't think I can be the only one that sees what is going on.
MHM will be having the last laugh, and all those naysers will be like the people who didn't listen to Noah when he was building the ark. LOL! Only difference being, our MHM family's door will always be open.
Christine Uk, yes I sensed the article's tone as well. They wrote some things incorrectly and then made the regimen seem longer than it was. Writing 7 steps, when there are only 5. Then ended with a "lol no" right before the comments section, and the same users who always comment first on CN's articles, followed suit. That was the tone the article set, and I agree with what you are saying. I think everyone here can sense the vibe given off. I don't think it matters though, like you said they'll be back when they eventually hear about it from some other testimonial. At the end of the day this regimen works, and no it is not that time consuming, especially once you reach max hydration and as your hair gets more hydrated. My video that I'm going to upload, has a clip of me defining my entire head in 5 minutes, and this was after 5 days since my previous wash. The other steps before I filmed, I went through quickly all in one go to see if it was alright not to leave them in as long now that I have max hydration. So it was literally each step took a little over 5 minutes, even the detangling. 25-30 minutes to do my hair for the first time in 5 days? Easy and quick finger detangling? Moisturized hair? Retaining length and actually get to wear my hair out? It sure is hard SleepyLOL Jokes aside, they'll be back. How many ppl on here said they gave this regimen the side eye before trying it. LOL I gave myself the side eye. They'll get over it. We aren't going anywhere.

Edited by pinkecube - Aug 02 2014 at 11:27pm
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2014 at 11:12pm
I agree Pinkecube. What the article tried to doesnt matter and didn't work. Even with the comments more people tried it and more and more pictures are showing up. You can't stop a good thing.

Edited by DenzKoils - Aug 02 2014 at 11:22pm
kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 12:23am
Really, who cares about the negativity? Please just ignore it. Absolutely ignore it... 
#1 - It does not affect the effectiveness or the need for this method
#2 - Eventually those people who are saying no will say yes as they continue to struggle with their hair and seek something else to fix their problems.

The end
naturallyme247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote naturallyme247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 12:49am
Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

Really, who cares about the negativity? Please just ignore it. Absolutely ignore it... 
#1 - It does not affect the effectiveness or the need for this method
#2 - Eventually those people who are saying no will say yes as they continue to struggle with their hair and seek something else to fix their problems.

The end

And it's the world. Some people are open to new ideas and new things and others aren't. People also believe this method is simply just about "curls" and "definition." That we're simply trying to be part of the "curly hair click"..but the thing is...if twisting your hair for 3 hours isn't anyone trying to be part of the "curly hair click" then I don't know how the maximum hydration which naturally bring out 4c curls is? But this ignorance is because people still don't understand what "nappy hair" is and still think it's a hair type instead of a hair condition of dry hair. That some people natural hair is tightly curly instead of completely frizzy and that frizz is a sign of dried, not completely healthy hair while curls is a sign of hydrated and moisturized hair and all hair type has curls. 
darecare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote darecare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 6:48am
Hi British Curly living in London, I am think of doing the MHM but have tonnes of questions. Most around types of products and whether my lifestyle is compatible.

1. The infamous British weather it's always raining however we do have heat waves to very humid days, snow, ice, sleet ,hail and icy cold winds sometime all in one day. So beyond 5-step process what other products or regime should I be looking at that can protect my hair from the changing weather? As I don't see anything else about the LCO method or any products that I could use for it? because I don't think leave-in and gel will stop my hair from drying out in the weather. Oil?

2. I am a very active person so I swim alot at least once a week. Because of the chlorine would I need to do anything extra on those days? I have a special shampoo (Boots Sun Swim & Gym) that strips the chlorine and salt and toxins out. It stops my hair from going very dry straw like, this is what I use for swimming, during beach holidays and once a week for my gym sessions. 

3. I am going on holiday in a couple of weeks, and would like to continue the method but don't think some of products will last the flight. Any advice of suggestions especially on quantity as I am thinking of bottling the mixes but not too sure how it will respond to be frozen? or could I use something like organixs argan oil during the trip and then do week one when I get back?

4. Here are a list of products from one of the websites I get my products from, as some of the products recommend are just too expensive. Importing the unavailable ones is not an option as we are taxed heavily for that even if its for personal use. Using PinkeCube suggestion I've eliminated almost half the store but I would like some advice on whether these product are yes and or 'ok' meaning I can temporarily use them without have a large set back or could you recommend anything else?

http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/products/Dr.Bronners-Organic-Hair-Creme-Lavender-Coconut-178ml.html
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/products/Dr.Bronners-Organic-Hair-Creme-Peppermint-178ml.html
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/products/Jane-Carter-Curl-Defining-Cream-6oz.html
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/jane-carter-solution-creamy-conditioning-cleanser-8oz/
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/shea-moisture-100-organic-shea-butter-w-coconut-hibiscus/
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/charme-d-orient-rassol-clay-geranium-200g/
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/products/Dr.Bronners-Citrus-Conditioning-Hair-Rinse-236ml.html
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/macadamia-natural-oil-healing-oil-treatment-125ml/
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/macadamia-natural-oil-healing-oil-treatment-125ml/
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/products/GVN-L.A.-Natural-Styling-Gel-200ml.html

Or would you recommend anything from LUSH uk range? As they are known for being organic and natural products. I do not mind going out and trying these products and contributing but I need a starting point because its not clear in the ingredients.

https://www.lush.co.uk/products/conditioners

Thank you in advance, this is quite a lot of things I've asked for but it would be beneficial for me in the long run so I don't suffer any set backs and I am properly taking care of my hair because at the moment my hair is bone dry rough and frizzy even after putting loads of cremes and products in, so I want to make the MHM work in all sort of situations.

Thank You!!!!
solomonsydelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 7:16am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Hey ladies and gents!

TIA.

Thanks!
thank you naturallyme for getting to solomonsdelle's question. Solomonsdelle, you have to keep your hair stretched when you DC overnight. This is something I adopt as well. If your hair's not a twa, you are going to have tangles, rolling around and smushing your loose hair all night, even under a shower cap. and especially if you are just starting, you will be prone to knots. So you do not have to twist your hair. I section my hair into 5-6 sections, roll and tuck and bun the ends of my hair. this will be helpful:

http://www.msdeekay.com/3968/how-to-keep-type-4-natural-hair-from-forming-knots-and-tangles/

Alright naturallyme247 and pinkecube.

I'll stretch my hair overnight. Hopefully, that'll work.

Thanks guys.
ElsieJay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ElsieJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 9:42am
Originally posted by darecare darecare wrote:

Hi British Curly living in London, I am think of doing the MHM but have tonnes of questions. Most around types of products and whether my lifestyle is compatible.

1. The infamous British weather it's always raining however we do have heat waves to very humid days, snow, ice, sleet ,hail and icy cold winds sometime all in one day. So beyond 5-step process what other products or regime should I be looking at that can protect my hair from the changing weather? As I don't see anything else about the LCO method or any products that I could use for it? because I don't think leave-in and gel will stop my hair from drying out in the weather. Oil?

2. I am a very active person so I swim alot at least once a week. Because of the chlorine would I need to do anything extra on those days? I have a special shampoo (Boots Sun Swim & Gym) that strips the chlorine and salt and toxins out. It stops my hair from going very dry straw like, this is what I use for swimming, during beach holidays and once a week for my gym sessions. 

3. I am going on holiday in a couple of weeks, and would like to continue the method but don't think some of products will last the flight. Any advice of suggestions especially on quantity as I am thinking of bottling the mixes but not too sure how it will respond to be frozen? or could I use something like organixs argan oil during the trip and then do week one when I get back?

4. Here are a list of products from one of the websites I get my products from, as some of the products recommend are just too expensive. Importing the unavailable ones is not an option as we are taxed heavily for that even if its for personal use. Using PinkeCube suggestion I've eliminated almost half the store but I would like some advice on whether these product are yes and or 'ok' meaning I can temporarily use them without have a large set back or could you recommend anything else?

http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/products/Dr.Bronners-Organic-Hair-Creme-Lavender-Coconut-178ml.html
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/products/Dr.Bronners-Organic-Hair-Creme-Peppermint-178ml.html
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/products/Jane-Carter-Curl-Defining-Cream-6oz.html
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/jane-carter-solution-creamy-conditioning-cleanser-8oz/
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/shea-moisture-100-organic-shea-butter-w-coconut-hibiscus/
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/charme-d-orient-rassol-clay-geranium-200g/
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/products/Dr.Bronners-Citrus-Conditioning-Hair-Rinse-236ml.html
http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/products/GVN-L.A.-Natural-Styling-Gel-200ml.html

Or would you recommend anything from LUSH uk range? As they are known for being organic and natural products. I do not mind going out and trying these products and contributing but I need a starting point because its not clear in the ingredients.

https://www.lush.co.uk/products/conditioners

Thank you in advance, this is quite a lot of things I've asked for but it would be beneficial for me in the long run so I don't suffer any set backs and I am properly taking care of my hair because at the moment my hair is bone dry rough and frizzy even after putting loads of cremes and products in, so I want to make the MHM work in all sort of situations.

Thank You!!!!

Hi, I travelled recently and I can make some suggestions regarding this. I would recommend you go with either pre mixed conditioner/baking soda mix and clay in 100ml spritz bottles and small tubs of gel + leave in. Or instead of pre mixed clay take a small amount of dry clay that you can mix whilst on holiday as this will save you space for other liquid toiletries. You could also take 100ml undiluted conditioner with you that you could later dilute with water as needed (I used one of the plastic cups provided in my hotel bathroom to dilute and mix gel/leave in LOL). 

I use giovanni direct leave in and the gel, which can both be bought at whole foods/online. You can also buy KCCC/KCKT in a few shops in london/online but they're more expensive. Another conditioner available in a lot of hair shops is the curls tea ecstasy(sp?). It's about £13 in Paks for 16oz I think.

I think you can use some oils under gel for sealing, but to my understanding, coconut oil is discouraged from use due to it behaving like a protein within the hair cortex so adversely affects porosity.

I am currently hoping for response on a couple of posts I made yesterday regarding some other cheap conditioners that can be found locally in shops in the UK to see if they are mhm compatible 

Edited by ElsieJay - Aug 03 2014 at 9:44am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style