Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 194195196197198 292>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ElsieJay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElsieJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 3:05pm
Just wondering if anyone has experienced dry, scaly scalp with baking soda/conditioner combo. I experienced it for the first time today and I have never had this problem before. I think I may have put too much baking soda in. Bit worried, may dilute with more water. Not keen on ACV at all, would consider going back to shampoo first before ACV. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links

ElsieJay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElsieJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by ElsieJay ElsieJay wrote:

Just wondering if anyone has experienced dry, scaly scalp with baking soda/conditioner combo. I experienced it for the first time today and I have never had this problem before. I think I may have put too much baking soda in. Bit worried, may dilute with more water. Not keen on ACV at all, would consider going back to shampoo first before ACV. Any suggestions?

Also wondering if anyone from the UK has managed to find any cheap deep conditioners with approved ingredients that can be store bought e.g. can we use vatika deep conditioning masks which are not natural but don't contain mineral oils, silicones etc. 
Crownstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crownstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by LaTonyaR LaTonyaR wrote:

Originally posted by Crownstar Crownstar wrote:

omg what an adventure you had. I thought I my mishap was crazy. I made a large batch of the clay rinse and didn't close the bottle tight before shaking vigorously! I cleaned clay from my bathroom mirror, wall, cabinets for about 1 hour lol. To answer your question I believe you have not completed a full cycle until you complete all up thru the gel so if you did tonight that would be considered 1 time ..

@Crownstar
I completed this morning...Should I start tonight with steps 1 & 2 and then complete in the morning 3-5?
LaTonya

Yes, you would then start over with steps 1 &2 and then complete the remaining steps in the morning. I do all of my steps at one time because I itch too much with conditioner on overnight. In terms of the jerri curl - my hair first looked like that as well until my hair started being more hydrated. You can try gently stretching your hair or perhaps twist? hth
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 6:08pm

Also wondering if anyone from the UK has managed to find any cheap deep conditioners with approved ingredients that can be store bought e.g. can we use vatika deep conditioning masks which are not natural but don't contain mineral oils, silicones etc. 
Hi ElsieJay, how much bakingsoda have you been adding? Have you been adding enough conditioner to the mixture? Try letting the clay to your scalp and also conditioner. Do you do the DC option afterward or another version? It depends on the specific label. Can you tell me which one it is so I can analyze the ingredients? Vatika sounds like the company that puts amla and henna in every thing, plus I was told some of their stuff has mineral oil in it. If it does have protein, (amla,henna) that is something you want to avoid making as a staple. You're going to be DCing a lot and everytime you DC you do not want to be doing a protein treatment. It's a quick way to protein overload.
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 6:08pm

I haven't had any problems. In fact the baking soda/conditioner is helping my dry scalp..
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by cdncoily cdncoily wrote:

Originally posted by sheeezus sheeezus wrote:

Also, if you're in Toronto, Tutti Frutti in Kensington market is significantly cheaper than Whole Foods/Noah's. I got european clay, liquid amino acids, honey, and Giovanni LA styling gel for ~ $25.
& I know Loblaws at Queen/Portland has the approved Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture conditioner (w/out the damaging alcohols). Got it earlier this week for about $5.
Just thought I should share for my fellow Canadians Smile
Hey did you see msdeekay's message about e-mailing non-US stores to her by any chance? I sent her a bunch of Canadian online retailers myself, but couldn't do much for in-person stores since there's not as much choice where I live. Anyway I'll have to try and see if Superstore (same people who own Loblaws) has the approved version of the Tresemme conditioner, since I only find the non-approved version of that and the Giovanni gel (eco chic) everywhere I look and not the approved versions. Disapprove

Originally posted by afrolistic afrolistic wrote:

Well i feel like no body is ready to reply to my questions. This is not the first time. I notice when i ask for help no body replys and only pinke and mssdeekay try to help. Even with that it takes long or i dont get a reply at all. Just wanna thank everyone esp pinke and mssdeekay for ya help so far. Im outta here. Peace
Are you giving them a day or two to catch up each time? I'll go back to see if I can find it though I'm not sure if I'm qualified to answer. But I'm sure pinkecube will get to it the next time she's on here. Smile
Originally posted by cdncoily cdncoily wrote:

Originally posted by afrolistic afrolistic wrote:

Hi pinke nd msdeekay hope u can help me. The place i buy my tresemme is out of stock so now i want to use kinky curly knot today for the baking soda step and deep condition. But do i still dilute it before adding da baking soda or use it full strength. I alrwady dfilute ir for my leave in. If i have to dilute for baking soda step wat is da ratio. Thnx
Was this the post you meant, afrolistic? If so, yes you would treat any approved conditioner the same way. Here is the detailed regimen from pinkecube's official site:
http://maxhydrationmethod.wordpress.com/the-max-hydration-method-detailed-regimen
Thanks for answering her and finding the question cdncoily! Yes, that would be great make sure to email the non-US stores to Msdeekay. I'll send her this one as well Yes, @afrolistic all conditioners can be diluted during that step. And the mixtures are on the site as well. I have included the alternate bakingsoda rinse there as well, and it is easier to read.

Hi afrolistic,
I would like to add to what everyone has said, most of the people who are active on the forum right now are people who have just started the regimen and are trying to figure it out themselves. With lots of questions and activities its so hard to see and respond to everyones question because of how this forum is structured and how hard it is to post. Sometimes when I come in here it takes me almost half an hour just to respond to one question because of the errors. I know a lot of people have been having trouble posting as well. 
Also as Pinke said it is really hard to keep up with everything for only the two of us, therefore we really appreciate if anyone can jump in and give answers and help. We now receive questions not only here but in multiple places all around the internet and we still have other things related to MHM and outside of MHM. Therefore I suggest for people to be a little patient with us and give us some time, we eventually do try to get back to everyone and if we didnt... just repost your question and remind us because we might of missed it. I don't ever want anyone to feel singled out for whatever reason. I dont think anyone had that intention. I think people are just afraid to give out the wrong information because they are still learning as well.
I usually rely on BHM to send me notifications that there are new posts here. Sometimes I dont see the notifications as they get buried in my email and when I come here I'm surprised as to how many pages I've missed and it takes time to catch up. If I see Pinke has already answered I don't really respond unless I have something to add on to it.
Thanks cdncoily for answering afrolistic and helping out with the canadian stores.
CurlyGurlTash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyGurlTash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

I haven't had any problems. In fact the baking soda/conditioner is helping my dry scalp..

My scalp has also begin to act up again to where it is dry and flaky. I don't know if it's the baking soda or clay? I'm trying to do a process of elimination.
tvsnatural View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvsnatural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 9:32pm
I did have some itching from the BS mixture so I reduced the amount of BS and the itchy scalp went away
CurlyGurlTash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyGurlTash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 9:37pm
Mines itch too, what amount did you reduce the BS to?
pdthompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdthompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2014 at 12:11am
The Marshmallow Root that is in the KCNT and KCCC is a plant protein.  I had to eliminate it in my DIY Flax Seed Gel.  The KCNT is the conditioner I used for the 7 day challenge and it my hair felt dry even though it looked moisturize.  
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 194195196197198 292>
  Share Topic