Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 186187188189190 287>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lovemycoils03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 1:57am
Thank you so much msdeekay! I think I need to be more patient, lol! I'm loving this journey so far, and everyday, I can't wait to get home to start the routine over. Your's and Pinke's efforts at answering the questions directly are invaluable. I learn more and more and get tips from the other questions and answers. 
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 2:01am
Fantastic!!! Thank you!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 2:04am
Oh, and before I saw this message, I sent some pics via message to the maximum hydration facebook page. All the other pictures are so inspiring! I will send some in to be posted here as well. Thanks again!
protectiveprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote protectiveprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 2:16am
Hey guys, I am on my 28th repetition of the regimen.  I was recently frustrated up until this week because I wasn't making any progress and I felt like my hair was even starting to go backwards. Frizz was starting to re-appear in places that had been defined and fairy knots were on the rise.  I am confident that because of the following 2 very important changes I made, I have started seeing amazing progress again.  

1.  I think that after a certain level of hydration occurs, it may be wise not to dilute your conditioner as much, especially for Step2.  My hair can handle the conditioner being thicker at this point and I get more from it this way. 

2.  Secondly, I switched conditioners.  I had been using the KCKT, but I recently purchased the approved Tressemme formula.  I saw others mention that it was available at Walgreens online and Bed,Bath Beyond. I was floored and shocked and at how much I liked it.  It's super thick and heavy, but when you add some water to it, it foams and turns into magic.  The foaminess of it causes it to have the best "slip" that I have ever experienced. My hair loves it and drank it right up.  The first night I deep conditioned with, there was a visible change of definition in those stubborn areas that I have been struggling with for over a month now.  I was afraid because of the foaminess that it would cause a whitish cast on my wash and go.  But if you slide the excess foam out, this isn't an issue.  It was only $4 and some change, plus I purchased enough to get free shipping.  

I hope this helps someone like it helped me and I will make a video on it soon.   Happy Hydrating and best wishes to everyone on your journey!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 2:25am
Oh my word! That just gave me all kinds of perspective. I've been waaaaayyyyy too impatient! 5 months..., Well let me just settle into a groove and keep it moving. I kept thinking the dryness, tangling, knotting, etc was due to operator error.... 
I just have a ways to go. I will also try and track progress in months instead of washes. It'll help me with 'managing my expectations'LOL
tyniagf1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tyniagf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 7:16am
I did just about the exact same changes about two weeks ago. Except I really don't dilute the conditioner in the last step either. I normally put it on in the shower and use Danabnatural technique of running through my hair to remove those last shed hairs with fresh water on my hands each time I think this sort of dilutes it while it's in my hair I then squeeze excess conditioner off and go to the next step. This has worked much better for me. I haven't really been keeping good track of how many times I have done the regimen but I think I'm at about 30 times so I think my hair likes the thicker tresemme conditioner. I purchased mine from Walgreens too sounds like I should be ordering some more.

Edited by tyniagf1 - Jul 31 2014 at 7:17am
deliliou5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote deliliou5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 9:15am
hi everyone! I've been doing the method for 7 weeks now and I'm stunned at my hair which like many 4c types, looked Sahara dry no matter what I used. I found it incredibly frustrating resulting in me big chopping 3-4 times over the last 6 years. I could never make any real progress because any length past my shoulder meant tangles galore, never developed the patience for the thickness I was working with so alas breakage ensued and I answered with yet another bc ..

not anymore thanks to mhm, seriously, I would encourage anybody who might still be on the fence about this method to please give it a chance, your hair will thank and reward you with less shedding and better length retention. MHM has helped me deal with post-partum shedding too which this time round has been awful, now my edges are filling in and catching up fast with the more hydrated areas.

ms.pinkcube and ms deekay a million times thank you! It is truly awe inspiring to see people so passionate and driven through sharing with others what has worked for them because its not just a hair care regime to serve as a buffer towards nicer looking hair, it`s a whole system dedicated to achieving health in hair and a proper understanding of what it means to have good hair. I love this forum! everyone is so helpful and enthusiastic about what they're doing it has made the times I've been impatient, easier especially seeing all the progress pics and different aproaches to the same technique. thank you all and happy MHMing!
eeshmo09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote eeshmo09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 9:41am
hi everyone! I've been doing the method for 7 weeks now and I'm stunned at my hair which like many 4c types, looked Sahara dry no matter what I used. I found it incredibly frustrating resulting in me big chopping 3-4 times over the last 6 years. I could never make any real progress because any length past my shoulder meant tangles galore, never developed the patience for the thickness I was working with so alas breakage ensued and I answered with yet another bc ..

not anymore thanks to mhm, seriously, I would encourage anybody who might still be on the fence about this method to please give it a chance, your hair will thank and reward you with less shedding and better length retention. MHM has helped me deal with post-partum shedding too which this time round has been awful, now my edges are filling in and catching up fast with the more hydrated areas.

ms.pinkcube and ms deekay a million times thank you! It is truly awe inspiring to see people so passionate and driven through sharing with others what has worked for them because its not just a hair care regime to serve as a buffer towards nicer looking hair, it`s a whole system dedicated to achieving health in hair and a proper understanding of what it means to have good hair. I love this forum! everyone is so helpful and enthusiastic about what they're doing it has made the times I've been impatient, easier especially seeing all the progress pics and different aproaches to the same technique. thank you all and happy MHMing!
naturally50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturally50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 9:42am
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

Jessicurl has a 20% off I believe through Friday, on 8/oz bottles of conditioner. Code is Summer14

I've been wanting to try Jessicurl but just received my 3 bottles of Tressamee Naturals Radiant Volume today and with the 2 I have I should be good to go for now. LOL   Have you tried it?
naturally50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote naturally50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 10:03am
I've been following the MHM since June, but was a little stubborn in starting the regimen because I was determined to establish my own regimen with the CGM since I considered myself on that method since March(using KKNT and KKKC) but experience breakage in April , big chopped in May and trying out the DevaCare Line since June. Well, I got tired of trying to figure out a good regimen, and Im just that type of person that I need steps 1,2,3 and I'm good and this method does just that for me.  this was my 7th day of completing the full regimen and I'm so pleased with my hair. I'm ready to continue the full regimen for another 7 days.  The valuable information from this forum is priceless and I just want to thank Pinkecube and Msdeekay for effortlessly responding to everyone's questions and videos. I'm like addicted to this forum :)    
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 186187188189190 287>
  Share Topic