Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 181182183184185 281>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by naturallyme247 naturallyme247 wrote:

Hello PinkeCube, I'm just here to tell you how much you have transformed my life and hair! Thank you soo much girl and too be soo generous to share what you found and take time out of your day to answer all our questions THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!!! I love my hair...I mean I loved it before...but now...the possibilities are endless!!! lol I also wanted to state that I have a natural hair blog on tumblr with 1000+ followers and I've been sharing what you have here with them. If you need any help drumming up people or if you need ANYTHING. Just let me know, I'll try my best to help you in any way possible. Thank you again
Hi Naturallyme247 you're welcome, i'm glad this information is bringing out such positivity and letting you experience and enjoy your hair in more waysSmile. Great to have you trying this regimen, and thank you for your support! What is the name of your blog, that would be great! I'll share it on Facebook as well! It would be great if you can document your journey with pictures as well.
Sponsored Links

msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 3:54am
here is the rachaelcpr video for flaxseeds gel and irish moss for those interested in DIY and want to see the demo

allthingshair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote allthingshair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 5:47am
First, thank you msdeekay for the response about plopping.  I haven't watched the videos but what you mentioned is what I've been doing, using a t shirt to remove excess water.

I have another question.  Has anyone found the other approved conditioners more moisturizing than KCKT?  I ask because I have done the method 4 times now and my hair is still so dry.  I've never been a fan on KCKT even before starting MHM.  I had just started doing wash and gos a couple of months ago before starting the method.  I don't really understand the hair typing system, but if I could guess I would say my hair is maybe 4a.  My wash and gos have always come out curly and very nice looking, but my hair is always so dry.  When I stumbled upon this method I was so excited because what I want most is hydrated hair.  I'm doing the method as exactly as prescribed and still my hair is very dry.  At first I thought it was because I used to sit under the dryer, but since doing the method I air dry.  I use flaxseed gel.  I would like to try KCCC but I don't want to pay that much for that small jar of product.  I ordered the Tresemme from Walgreens on Sunday and a friend of mine who lives closer to Trader Joe's than I do is picking me up some of the TTT.  I'm hoping that one of those conditioners will help with moisture.  I know I just started but I'm getting discouraged with this dry hair.  Any thoughts? 
Tallbeautie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tallbeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 8:37am
ALLTHINGSHAIR,  You just described my hair. I'm pretty sure I'm about a 4a so I've always had defined wash and gos but extremely dry hair. I didn't like the KCKT either. It wasn't moisturizing enough. I went to Trader Joes and picked up the Tea Tree Conditioner and I'm never going back. It's thick like I like and extremely moisturizing. I don't dilute it in step 2 of the process because I feel I need the extra thickness in order for my hair to be moisturized. You have to play around a little and find what works. Another thing I realized is that my hair prefers the Baking Soda over the ACV. My hair was dryer with the ACV but it's so soft with the Baking soda. I hope this helps.

Edited by Tallbeautie - Jul 29 2014 at 8:38am
LaTonyaR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LaTonyaR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 12:02pm
Can someone please explain to me what clumping looks like at the root of your head?  I have not started my Journey yet but, wanted to know what I would be looking for.  The plan is to start my journey on Thursday.
jlstone2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jlstone2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 12:41pm
Just had to share...

So I when I last did the regimen I put my hair in large two-strand twists and did a twist out.  After I worked out this morning and felt my roots they were starting to separate into individual curls from the sweat!  Not fuzz but curls!  I was so geeked!

The sweat part is gross but curls = awesome sauce!
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by LaTonyaR LaTonyaR wrote:

Can someone please explain to me what clumping looks like at the root of your head?  I have not started my Journey yet but, wanted to know what I would be looking for.  The plan is to start my journey on Thursday.

http://instagram.com/maxhydrationmethod

http://photos-c.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xfa1/10534990_1452871344978442_1274272023_n.jpg
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by jlstone2 jlstone2 wrote:

Just had to share...

So I when I last did the regimen I put my hair in large two-strand twists and did a twist out.  After I worked out this morning and felt my roots they were starting to separate into individual curls from the sweat!  Not fuzz but curls!  I was so geeked!

The sweat part is gross but curls = awesome sauce!
Great to hear, jlstone. It's interesting that humidity and sweat instead of having a frizzy effect has a coiling effect. When your hair is moisturized it doesn't fall back into a frizzy state as a default, it forms coils instead. That's why it is so much easier to style your hair and I have noticed you can make easier separation when you take down the twists too.
LaTonyaR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LaTonyaR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 2:37pm
Thank you....I can't wait to get started.  I live in very cold cilmate.  Do you ever sit under the dryer for hair to dry?  I can't have hair wait for 5 hours. Thanks in advance for any replies...
PS..Hair looks beautiful
LaTonyaR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaTonyaR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by LaTonyaR LaTonyaR wrote:

http://instagram.com/maxhydrationmethod -
http://instagram.com/maxhydrationmethod

http://photos-c.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xfa1/10534990_1452871344978442_1274272023_n.jpg
Thank you....I can't wait to get started. I live in very cold cilmate. Do you ever sit under the dryer for hair to dry? I can't have hair wait for 5 hours. Thanks in advance for any replies...
PS..Hair looks beautiful
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair