Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 179180181182183 287>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tallbeautie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tallbeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 12:44pm
I was wondering if anyone has tried aloe gel for their wash and go? Would that even be considered an okay gel?
Sponsored Links

msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by lovemycoils03 lovemycoils03 wrote:

Hi Pinke,
As a Nigerian American, with kinky, coily hair, I'm glad to have found this method, and by someone who has similar hair. Your before pictures were all too familiar -times that by more density. Sigh.

I look for 4c/kinky naturalistas on youtube, and thankfully saw the last two videos that protective princess put up. I had tried the CG method, the tightly coily method (brush and twirl), but it never quite produced 'easy' results. Twist outs take hours and I loose so much hair. I had followed Aketafitgirl for a while because her coils look like what I see in the mirror when my hair is wet and/or inundated with conditioner. However, I was turned off again as the low porosity nature of my strands still prevented my achieving healthy hair. The hair always dried foofy, frizzy, and had no movement. 

Thanks to you, your research, time, selflessness, and sharing, I have a new outlook!! Thank you also to Msdeekay for compiling everything into one user friendly site - a lot of work. You two rock!!

I have completed day 7 of the method and I'm sitting with the BS rinse now for day 8. My curls are defined up to 60%-80% in the back and are wavier on top, front and sides (30-50% definition). I haven't gone more than one day without redoing the steps and I think I am being meticulous about the steps, referring again and again to the instructions. I want this to work!!! My hair is between armpit and bra strap length in the back and comes to my collar bones on the sides. It takes a bit of product, time to apply each step and a lot more water use! I'm sure to see a bigger water bill lol.

I now have the curl definition in my hair, with this regimen, that it would take me 5 hours to achieve with the tightly curly method - and no damaging brush to boot! I do not have root definition yet, just puffiness and frizz still, that when it dries more, looks like helmet hair ): I'm hoping, and actually counting on it, per your pictures, that this will indeed improve. 

The other thing I've noticed is that my hair does not completely dry and once mostly dry (roots are still wet in middle and back), does not move. Is the lack of drying because the water is not being absorbed; ie will improve with doing the method longer? At what point in doing the regimen did you notice movement in your hair? It may be silly to ask, but that has always been a sign of healthy hair to me growing up.

I've been taking pictures to document the process and would like to upload them when I am much further along. Please let me know the best forum/place for that. 

Finally, I have to say that I'm surprised this hasn't caught on more, but maybe it's better to have several solid before and after proofs to spark the masses? Who knows..or cares really. People will find it through the rest of us who share.

Thanks again (: 

Thank you so much lovemycoilso3 for sharing your progress so far :) I'm glad that the blog has been helpful to you Big smile

I do believe the drying time does improve as your hair gets more hydrated and you get to use less product. As coiffedcoils mentioned in earlier. My hair is not long enough to have movement when dry, but I do have movement when the wind blows and when it's wet. I started experiencing after 2 months of doing the regimen consistently. Pinke will come along and give her own experience with this. Hope this helps and looking forward to seeing your pictures and documentation.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 12:51pm
Protective princess has uploaded a video showing a run through of all the steps of the regimen. 

You can also see her hair progress and it's doing greatClap Great video and thanks so much for your demo. 
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 1:07pm
Has anyone tried layering an oil after their leave-in and before the gel? I did that today and I wanted to know if it would cause any setbacks because I know it's hard for baking soda to remove oil.
protectiveprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote protectiveprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 2:39pm
(it took me a million tries to post this)
Hey guys thanks for the tips.  My computer is a brand new MAC and I think I might have to install Firefox instead of using Safari. Thanks for the video post @Ms. Deekay.   

I am still unable to reply to comments already posted, but this is for "aharri23".  
He wrote:
"Has anyone tried layering an oil after their leave-in and before the gel? I did that today and I wanted to know if it would cause any setbacks because I know it's hard for baking soda to remove oil?"

My response:
I have used a light layer of olive oil since my 2nd repetition of the regimen.  I apply it right after the leave-in and just before I apply the gel.  I strongly feel that it hasn't caused me any setbacks because the bentonite clay step removes all the product and oil build even if the Baking soda rinse doesn't.  I hope that helps.
naturally50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturally50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Has anyone tried layering an oil after their leave-in and before the gel? I did that today and I wanted to know if it would cause any setbacks because I know it's hard for baking soda to remove oil.

Yes, I just started actually.  I guess it's basically the LCO methodology. L is Water, C is Conditioner (Tressamee Naturals and O - Castor Oil.  Then I apply my KKCC.  My hair feels so moisturized and I have less crunch.  (Still working that though).  
solomonsydelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by coiffedcoils coiffedcoils wrote:

Originally posted by solomonsydelle solomonsydelle wrote:

Hey everyone! Just wanted to report in that 4 people said, "Wow! Your hair is so pretty today!" heehee.

2 of them were people who busted my chops when I was cooking up everything to start the regimen.

Anyway, can anyone tell me why my hair is so sticky? It also never seems to dry not in the 5 hours it seems to take everyone else. Apologies if this question has been asked and answered.

TIA
Sticky? If you are using KCCC it might not be fully dry.

I don't think my hair has ever dried in 5 hours...maybe when it was really really short it did. It has always taken well over 5 hours for it to dry. 

That seems to be the reason, thanks. Hopefully as I continue MHM my hair will dry faster. Thanks so much!
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:16pm
Hi Guys, Here are some more pics of kaforres.

I'm not sure if I posted this already but here are the before pictures.
Untitled design(5)

And Her wash and goes from 2 weeks ago.

Max Hydration Method testimony pics #4chair #4bhair #washngo

Edited by pinkecube - Jul 28 2014 at 5:19pm
LaTonyaR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaTonyaR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 6:56pm
Hello!
Can you save any leftover Cherry Lola Caramel Treatment? Show your honey be raw and organic? Thanks in advance...I'm so excited to get started..
LaTonya
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Olakinkz Olakinkz wrote:

Hello everyone,

Been doing the maximum hydration method since early June, for the first time in my life am in love with hair. Been doing the long version every single day with mhm approved product. Thank you so much pinkecube for your hard word and letting us in on this method. My hair is growing so fast, pinkecube I already sent you a pm also if you can pm me your email to show my progress when my hair was long with this method and now that I big chopped again.

"I love my hair"

Happy growing everyone
Olakinkz Maximum Hydration Method results. BTW she big chopped again, due to some split end damage she had before MHM.

Max Hydration Method Before and after wash and go testimony pics.

Max Hydration Method #4bhair #4ahair #washngo #naturalhair #4chair #maxhydrationmethod

More testiomony pics with #MHM max hydration Method #maxhydrationmethod

Max Hydration Method #maxhydrationmethod testimony pic. #4bhair #4ahair #4chair
Max Hydration Method #maxhydrationmethod testimony pic. #4bhair #4ahair #4chair

Max Hydration Method. Step 3: Clay Rinse #maxhydrationmethod testimony pic. #4bhair #4ahair #4chair #bentoniteclay

Edited by pinkecube - Jul 28 2014 at 10:00pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 179180181182183 287>