Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 177178179180181 287>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
empreza_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote empreza_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 3:01pm
Today is day one and I have a date to night. It didn't come out quite as I expected. I did the whole routine - the only modification was I sat under the dryer for the deep conditioner step. However, when I got finished I saw all these white stuff all over my head. It could be harden gel or pieces of banana I dont know. Or maybe my gel reacted with the leave-in conditioner. I used diluted trader joe conditioner and qhemet biologics soft gel.

I had to then rewash my hair and now I'm under the dryer for a twist out. I'll try again tomorrow.

However, the clumps and curls were present in the back. My hair also feel a lot more moisturized than normal.
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

I tried extending the time on all the steps to try to get more hydration but I have more frizz and fewer coils than when I left things on a short period of time. I hope my hair turns around soon.
Denzcoils, are you still having issues with the clay? If you have a thermal heating cap or hooded dryer, you can try using that with the clay step. What products are you using btw?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by solomonsydelle solomonsydelle wrote:

Originally posted by empreza_ empreza_ wrote:

Is the oil necessary in the bentonite clay step? If so, can I substitute castor oil instead of olive oil.

NB. I have 2.5 inches of very dry, brittle, tangled, nappy 4c hair.  And I currently have the cherry lola treatment in my hair. :)

If this regimen works like you guys say then I'm going to just grab a stranger and kiss them smack dab on the lips.

I substituted Sweet Almond oil for olive oil, myself. (I keep forgetting to pick up olive oil). I read earlier that castor oil was okay to use for people who still want to include oil in the regimen. Not sure if it would be a problem at the clay stage, so hold on for more info from Pinke or MsDeeKay.

Oh, and I hope you get to kiss a cute stranger when you are done. LOL
Yes, oil is necessary in the clay step. It's kind of like a buffer so it won't be too stripping. If it is too stripping it can leave a frizzy effect, same with the bakingsoda step. I'll be interested in hearing how that goes. When you kiss a complete stranger, that is LOLWink Welcome to MHM!

Edited by pinkecube - Jul 26 2014 at 3:19pm
naturallyme247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote naturallyme247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 3:42pm
Hello PinkeCube, I'm just here to tell you how much you have transformed my life and hair! Thank you soo much girl and too be soo generous to share what you found and take time out of your day to answer all our questions THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!!! I love my hair...I mean I loved it before...but now...the possibilities are endless!!! lol I also wanted to state that I have a natural hair blog on tumblr with 1000+ followers and I've been sharing what you have here with them. If you need any help drumming up people or if you need ANYTHING. Just let me know, I'll try my best to help you in any way possible. Thank you again
allthingshair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote allthingshair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 6:53pm
Hello, I've been reading this thread for awhile now and I did the cherry lola treatment a few weeks back but just started doing the method in its entirety yesterday.  My hair is a little past APL and it takes forever to dry.  Walking around with sopping wet hair feels gross to me so I was wondering if it was ok to plop with this method?  I usually plop for 15 mins or so when I do wash and gos and it cuts drying time tremendously.
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by empreza_ empreza_ wrote:

Is the oil necessary in the bentonite clay step? If so, can I substitute castor oil instead of olive oil.

NB. I have 2.5 inches of very dry, brittle, tangled, nappy 4c hair.  And I currently have the cherry lola treatment in my hair. :)

If this regimen works like you guys say then I'm going to just grab a stranger and kiss them smack dab on the lips.

I substituted Sweet Almond oil for olive oil, myself. (I keep forgetting to pick up olive oil). I read earlier that castor oil was okay to use for people who still want to include oil in the regimen. Not sure if it would be a problem at the clay stage, so hold on for more info from Pinke or MsDeeKay.

Oh, and I hope you get to kiss a cute stranger when you are done. LOL
Yes, oil is necessary in the clay step. It's kind of like a buffer so it won't be too stripping. If it is too stripping it can leave a frizzy effect, same with the bakingsoda step. I'll be interested in hearing how that goes. When you kiss a complete stranger, that is LOLWink Welcome to MHM!

Maybe that's my problem. Maybe extending my clay time had the opposite effect of what I desired.
solomonsydelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 8:45pm
Hey everyone! Just wanted to report in that 4 people said, "Wow! Your hair is so pretty today!" heehee.

2 of them were people who busted my chops when I was cooking up everything to start the regimen.

Anyway, can anyone tell me why my hair is so sticky? It also never seems to dry not in the 5 hours it seems to take everyone else. Apologies if this question has been asked and answered.

TIA
coiffedcoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coiffedcoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 7:22am

Hey everyone! Just wanted to report in that 4 people said, "Wow! Your hair is so pretty today!" heehee.

2 of them were people who busted my chops when I was cooking up everything to start the regimen.

Anyway, can anyone tell me why my hair is so sticky? It also never seems to dry not in the 5 hours it seems to take everyone else. Apologies if this question has been asked and answered.

TIA
Sticky? If you are using KCCC it might not be fully dry.

I don't think my hair has ever dried in 5 hours...maybe when it was really really short it did. It has always taken well over 5 hours for it to dry. 
coiffedcoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coiffedcoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 7:25am
I had a question guys, have any of you guys tried using xanthan gum gel on your hair?Or in your flaxseed gel to thicken it up? And is it an approved ingredient for MHM? Not sure if someone asked this already.
cdncoily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdncoily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 4:46pm
Even with a non-ideal conditioner and sometimes going 2 days between washes, my hair is seeing improvements (but it's still fairly frizzy). What I'm noticing is that probably even just from the no-cones/sulfates and extra detangling, I'm seeing my hair keep more of its curls than it did before, it feels and to my eyes even looks thicker/plumper (?), and is getting easier and easier to detangle. It's still not defined enough to be called anything other than an afro, but my hair is softer than ever without any product in it, and there are consistent clumps of coils forming each time I get it wet. Also, when dry I used to think I could only get it this soft with loads of glycerin (curl activator-- I have a full bottle and a 1/3 or so of Sof n' Free left Cry) but now I don't need grease, and I'm sure it's because I have just that little bit more moisture soaking in each time I wash. Shocked

Two questions:
1. It's okay to save leftover baking soda mixture for the next day right? It works because it's a base, as I understand, so I expect it would continue having those properties? I hope so. Embarrassed
2. I finally got my KCKT/KCCC today! At the same time, I think I actually found a moderately more affordable (at least for where I live) conditioner AND gel option, hopefully. Can you confirm they're okay? I list my concerns about each one below.

Strauss Herb Company Styling Gel
http://www.straussherbco.com/products?action=view&id=132
Ingredients: Water, gum extract, jack pine extract, chamomile flower extract, calendula flower extract, horsetail herb extract, nettle leaf extract, dandelion leaf extract, red clover flower extract, olive fruit oil, pumpkin seed oil.

- Could gum extract cause build-up/stickiness issues?

Strauss Herb Company Moisturizing Herbal Conditioner
http://www.straussherbco.com/products?action=view&id=128
Ingredients:
Water, coconut oil, jack pine extract, chamomile flower extract, calendula flower extract, horsetail herb extract, nettle leaf extract, dandelion leaf extract, red clover flower extract, apple cider vinegar, olive fruit oil, pumpkin seed oil, beeswax.

- coconut oil won't get all waxy like capric/caprylic triglyceride right? At the following site they explain it's more like a common carrier oil, while capric/caprylic triglyceride is powdery:
http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item/Caprylic_Capric_Triglycerides/464
- is the ACV near the end counterproductive since I'm doing BS rinses?
- Obviously beeswax is bad, but it's at the end of the list, so I'm not sure if it matters, haha

Thanks again for your help!!!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 177178179180181 287>