Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179180 292>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jlstone2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jlstone2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 2:54pm
Just Curious...Is anyone who is doing this method doing any styling or just WnG?

I workout a lot and i prefer twists to WnGs and I don't have a lot of time to style in the morning so twists are simpler. 

Sponsored Links

CurlyMeema View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CurlyMeema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 3:25pm
I have a TWA so I'm doing Wash and Gos.
VonnVay1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VonnVay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 3:32pm
I switch between both.  My twist outs have been the best ever.
Crownstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crownstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 4:55pm
I don't know how to reply to posts but wanted to reply to the member that asked what is used to make the clay rinse in. I didn't have any empty shampoo/conditioner bottles so I used a water bottle (the kind with a handle and pull up tab)this works great for me because I can add more water as needed and can make large batches at one time. I'm a runner so I had a few bottles in the house. You can purchase these for a $1 dollar or so at discount stores like Dollar General/Dollar Tree. I also tried using an old baby bottle and this worked great too because of the nipple but I had to keep making as the bottle is small. below is a link to the type of bottle I'm referring to. hth

http://www.amazon.com/1-Lt-Water-Bottle-Clear/dp/B004R1DRGM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1406324807&sr=8-2&keywords=water+bottle+with+handle

Edited by Crownstar - Jul 25 2014 at 4:56pm
empreza_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote empreza_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 5:27am
Is the oil necessary in the bentonite clay step? If so, can I substitute castor oil instead of olive oil.

NB. I have 2.5 inches of very dry, brittle, tangled, nappy 4c hair.  And I currently have the cherry lola treatment in my hair. :)

If this regimen works like you guys say then I'm going to just grab a stranger and kiss them smack dab on the lips.
solomonsydelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 7:14am
Originally posted by empreza_ empreza_ wrote:

Is the oil necessary in the bentonite clay step? If so, can I substitute castor oil instead of olive oil.

NB. I have 2.5 inches of very dry, brittle, tangled, nappy 4c hair.  And I currently have the cherry lola treatment in my hair. :)

If this regimen works like you guys say then I'm going to just grab a stranger and kiss them smack dab on the lips.

I substituted Sweet Almond oil for olive oil, myself. (I keep forgetting to pick up olive oil). I read earlier that castor oil was okay to use for people who still want to include oil in the regimen. Not sure if it would be a problem at the clay stage, so hold on for more info from Pinke or MsDeeKay.

Oh, and I hope you get to kiss a cute stranger when you are done. LOL
PKE03765 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PKE03765 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 7:29am
Hi there. I am a recent convert to the maximum hydration method. Over the last week I have read all of the posts on this forum and started the 7 day stint last Wednesday . I have presently just finished day four of the 7 days and I must say that it has not been as much a chore as I was expecting. I am a 4a 4b natural with previously very dry hair.

I am living in the UK and despite not having as much choice as those of us living in the States, I have managed to locate the available products. This however is not before previously stocking up with other products that I have been using before I found this method.

Tressemme Natural nourish and replenish was one of my favourites (got three full bottles left! ). I note from previous posts that it was said to be full of salt! Is there any way that I can use this up? Perhap I was thinking for the BC conditioner clarifying step 1?

I have only tried this step once (due to do it again tomorrow). I must admit I like the ACV clarifier better but having only done the BC and conditioner method once, I don't want to give up on it just now.

I have so far had very good results and can't believe the definition I am getting without oil and questionable ingredients in some of the gels I was using. I have recommended this regime to all my natural friends

Thanks all that respond in advance

Edited by PKE03765 - Jul 26 2014 at 7:30am
lovemycoils03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 9:44am
Hi Pinke,
As a Nigerian American, with kinky, coily hair, I'm glad to have found this method, and by someone who has similar hair. Your before pictures were all too familiar -times that by more density. Sigh.

I look for 4c/kinky naturalistas on youtube, and thankfully saw the last two videos that protective princess put up. I had tried the CG method, the tightly coily method (brush and twirl), but it never quite produced 'easy' results. Twist outs take hours and I loose so much hair. I had followed Aketafitgirl for a while because her coils look like what I see in the mirror when my hair is wet and/or inundated with conditioner. However, I was turned off again as the low porosity nature of my strands still prevented my achieving healthy hair. The hair always dried foofy, frizzy, and had no movement. 

Thanks to you, your research, time, selflessness, and sharing, I have a new outlook!! Thank you also to Msdeekay for compiling everything into one user friendly site - a lot of work. You two rock!!

I have completed day 7 of the method and I'm sitting with the BS rinse now for day 8. My curls are defined up to 60%-80% in the back and are wavier on top, front and sides (30-50% definition). I haven't gone more than one day without redoing the steps and I think I am being meticulous about the steps, referring again and again to the instructions. I want this to work!!! My hair is between armpit and bra strap length in the back and comes to my collar bones on the sides. It takes a bit of product, time to apply each step and a lot more water use! I'm sure to see a bigger water bill lol.

I now have the curl definition in my hair, with this regimen, that it would take me 5 hours to achieve with the tightly curly method - and no damaging brush to boot! I do not have root definition yet, just puffiness and frizz still, that when it dries more, looks like helmet hair ): I'm hoping, and actually counting on it, per your pictures, that this will indeed improve. 

The other thing I've noticed is that my hair does not completely dry and once mostly dry (roots are still wet in middle and back), does not move. Is the lack of drying because the water is not being absorbed; ie will improve with doing the method longer? At what point in doing the regimen did you notice movement in your hair? It may be silly to ask, but that has always been a sign of healthy hair to me growing up.

I've been taking pictures to document the process and would like to upload them when I am much further along. Please let me know the best forum/place for that. 

Finally, I have to say that I'm surprised this hasn't caught on more, but maybe it's better to have several solid before and after proofs to spark the masses? Who knows..or cares really. People will find it through the rest of us who share.

Thanks again (: 

pdthompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pdthompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 1:09pm
I am doing braids outs which usually morphs into a wash and go look.  I have one more day to complete the 7 day challenge.  My hair has improve in terms of moisture.  I will document more at a later time.  Currently I am working on creating a DIY deep conditioner to use with this method.  I like using all natural products which includes the preservative.  That has been my only challenge using the suggested products because the preservative is harmful to body.  For the challenge I used KCNT.

I have a DIY leave in and used DIY Flaxseed gel.  Need more time to see if these products are effective with this method before I share the ingredients.  This method has transformed my hair for the better.  Thanks to everyone who has been involved in this process and who shared their results.
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 2:54pm
I tried extending the time on all the steps to try to get more hydration but I have more frizz and fewer coils than when I left things on a short period of time. I hope my hair turns around soon.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179180 292>
  Share Topic