Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 175176177178179 288>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by duckkeisha duckkeisha wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've done the full method twice and I'm already noticing positive results. My wash and go is definitely more defined, especially at the roots where it is usually fuzzy. I layered my flaxseed gel w/ kccc on top and the definition is crazy!!!! It dried soft but with hold at the same time. I think I was a lil heavy-handed with both gels
cuz my roots are still damp w/ product 24 hrs later. I tried the roll and tuck method for stretching my hair. It was approx 40% dry when i did this. I then tied it loosely with my scarf, as suggested by pinkecube and went to bed. When I woke up the definition wasn't affected and there was barely any shrinkage. I will definitely be using this method to stretch my hair from now on.

One question: what are u guys putting ur clay mixture into?? I tried using an empty tresemme bottle but I had a hard time getting any out. I can only describe the consistency as cement sludge. I kept adding water but it made the clay part very difficult and time-consuming. Maybe I made the mixture too thick?? Gonna try adding 3 cups of h2o instead of 2.

I don't think i can do the overnight ghe cuz the itchiness was driving me crazy.   It's still itchy even now. Any suggestions anyone? ?
Hi Duckkeisha, thx for the update! good to hear the stretching method worked out. Glad you liked the flaxseed and kccc layering Smile Yes try 3 cups water to one cup clay. Then shake, it should be able to come out the bottle. And just pour the ingredients into the bottle on at a time, then shake to get it to mix. If you try to squeeze some out and it is too thick pour more water in the bottle then shake. For the DC, you can try putting oil on your scalp, or using a thermal heating cap for 20 mins-1 hour. If that doesn't work, you can switch options to do the regimen all in one go using steam/thermal heating cap, etc. You can watch Dee's vid on it too, here:

Sponsored Links

juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 9:38pm
Hi MHM members!

Just posting today's results. I've done my hair 3 times this week starting on Sun, which was also my 2nd Cherry Lola Caramel treatment.
Sun was crazy b/c I started on my hair too late then decided to do the CLC like a crazy woman! I used banana this time b/c I had one (I didn't for my very first treatment starting MHM). Well apparently my banana wasn't ripe enough and I got bits all in my hair! Awful!Angry So please use a very overripe banana or baby food (thanks for the tip Pinke!), if you decide to add one! So after that disaster, it was so late, I just ended up rinsing out the conditioner (b/c I can't GHE d/t the itchiness & scalp irritation) and covered my hair for bed. On Mon, I finished up everything & my results were pretty good. One thing to note, I was out of Bentonite clay so I used European Clay. Tuesday I did my hair all over again & it was also good (European Clay was gone & I had restocked the Bentonite).Today marks my 16th completion but I must say I've had better results and I don't know what happened. My hair seems to be in a funk today. Like I said, Tues was good and I even posted a pic of my 2nd day hair Wednesday on my IG page b/c my hair looked so nice. But today, I don't know... something is off. My hair feels rough after completely drying where it had been feel soft and lush. I didn't change anything in my steps either. Also I had been having this shine but today it's kinda dull. Anyway, here's a pic from today, of the end steps of the regimen: CLAY, RINSE OUT + WATERED CONDISH w/WARM WATER, LEAVE-IN & GEL. My hair was about 5% wet in the back (worked from front to back today). As you can see, I still have TONS of frizz after the clay step (that's not just today though, that's every day), even though I take time to section my hair really well. My ends clumps well for the most part. I know it's going to take time for my hair. Praying for continued patience especially on regimen days like this.

Edited by juan_mos - Jul 24 2014 at 9:41pm
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 9:46pm
Bought my clay.I'm sleepy as heck.
I have it on now.

Can I sleep in my clay mask?I have a shower cap on too
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 10:26pm
Got my lazy butt up to wash it out
Olakinkz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Olakinkz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 1:30am
Hello everyone,

Been doing the maximum hydration method since early June, for the first time in my life am in love with hair. Been doing the long version every single day with mhm approved product. Thank you so much pinkecube for your hard word and letting us in on this method. My hair is growing so fast, pinkecube I already sent you a pm also if you can pm me your email to show my progress when my hair was long with this method and now that I big chopped again.

"I love my hair"

Happy growing everyone
DesiBbUK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DesiBbUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 6:40am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

In the UK we only have the Nourishing Moisture with Aloe, and the Vibrantly Smooth:((  Online, it costs £22/$31.61 (without p + p) for 1 bottle!!!  Is it so bad that it cannot be used at all?  If anyone knows of another site that that british curlies can by the Radiant Volume cheaply please share so others can benefit.

Yes, Christine that one is okay. Just make sure it does not contain alcohol, because tresseme sometimes is unclear about their ingredient list. So if you're buying it in the store make sure it doesn't contain those drying alcohols as were bolded in this quote below.

Thanks juan_mos Smile

Hi duckkeisha, welcome to MHM happy to have you starting this new journey.These products have pretty much the same ingredients as the approved conditioner, so it should be fine.

Tresemme naturals nourishing moisture w/ aloe vera & avocado oil:Thumbs Up

Water, cetearyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, behentrimonium chloride, persea gratissima (avocado oil), brassica campestris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, fragrance, dipropylene glycol, potassium chloride, lactic acid, disodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, peg-150 distearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, lauroyl lysine, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone

Tresemme naturals vibrantly smooth w/ coconut oil & jojoba extract:Thumbs Up

Water, cetearyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, behentrimonium chloride, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, brassica campestris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) leaf eextract, fragrance, dipropylene glycol, potassium chloride, lactic acid, disodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, peg-150 distearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, lauroyl lysine, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone

This is another formulation of the product above I found, under the same name. So when you buy it, just make sure the ingredient list doesn't look like this. None of those drying alcohols bolded

Tresemme naturals vibrantly smooth w/ coconut oil & jojoba extract:
Thumbs Down

Water/Aqua/Eau , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Stearyl Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Fragrance (Parfum) , Caprylyl Glycol , Lauroyl Lysine , Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer , Aspartic Acid , Distearyldimonium Chloride , Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil , Benzyl Alcohol , Citric Acid , Alcohol , Isopropyl Alcohol , Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Leaf Extract

[QUOTE=Christine UK]

In the UK we only have the Nourishing Moisture with Aloe, and the Vibrantly Smooth:((  Online, it costs £22/$31.61 (without p + p) for 1 bottle!!!  Is it so bad that it cannot be used at all?  If anyone knows of another site that that british curlies can by the Radiant Volume cheaply please share so others can benefit.

Hi Pinkecube and Christine UK,

I got really excited yesterday when I read through the posts and saw that Tresemme Nourishing Moisture Conditioner could be used. However, I noticed that the formulation on my bottle is different (I bought in the last 12 months). Am I right in saying that I can't use it?

If not that's okay - I'll try to ebay it and all my other products as I can't bear to waste them and flush them down the toilet!

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Aspartic Acid, Lauroyl Lysine, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Ethyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol,Menthylisothiozolindine.

Also @ChristineUK, I'm disappointed too that I can't get Tresemme Radiant Volume in the shops but you can get it on AmazonUK for £8.09.

Crownstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crownstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:30am
I don't do the the also because my head itich for days. It will eventually stop itching sorry I can't help more with that.
jlstone2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jlstone2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:14am
I did this method for the 6th time yesterday.  I was very proud of myself because it is a lot of work to do in the evening.  
This time I did option 2 just to make it a little faster and I liked it better.  I didn't think the clay was too hard to work through my hair and I didn't get any tangles.  The BS rinse made my hair really soft and I left it on for 10 mins. instead of 1-2 minutes like danbnaturals did.  
Also when I was finished I put in the regular conditioner and sat under the dryer for 10 min.  then rinsed and followed up with a leave in.  My hair was very soft and SUPER curly!  

I added a little KCCC and put it in big twists.  My hair didn't dry all the way as I find KCCC keeps my hair wet FOREVER!!!  I don't know why but it is so hard to dry.  I diffused and everything.  

Anyway, my hair was very soft this morning when I removed the twist and I still had coil definition.
I think I am going to try a different gel to use for when I do twists instead of WNGs.  Overall though I am pleased.  

I will be glad that after today I can go on to 2-3 days washes instead of everyday.  My water bill is going to be ridiculous!LOL
Tallbeautie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Tallbeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:19am
Today I'm on day 6 of doing the full reggie and I can not express how grateful I am that I have found this. My hair is being transformed in so many ways Big smile. My hair hardly has any SSKs or shedding which is huge. My hair would shed and tangle like crazy with wash and gos. The curl definition and softness is slowly improving. I'm starting to see shine finally! So many improvements. I did switch over to the Trader Joes Tea Tingle condish because it is thicker and my hair loves it. My hair does prefer thicker products so I have not watered down the condish the last couple of days and that seems to work better for my hair. Also, I have tried both the baking soda and ACV and it seems that my hair likes the baking soda better so I'll be sticking to that. I do have a confession, I have a been using the ECO gel because the Giovanni and the KCCC was not working at all!!  I'm waiting  to pick up two other approved gels this weekend but I've been cheating for now. Even though I am using the ECO my hair is still improving exponentially so I'm not too worried. I've been layering the Tea Tree condish and olive oil under the gel so I think that may be helping.  
I'm so excited right now. I will continue to send updates.
naturally50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturally50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 1:22pm

Originally posted by duckkeisha duckkeisha wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've done the full method twice and I'm already noticing positive results. My wash and go is definitely more defined, especially at the roots where it is usually fuzzy. I layered my flaxseed gel w/ kccc on top and the definition is crazy!!!! It dried soft but with hold at the same time. I think I was a lil heavy-handed with both gels
cuz my roots are still damp w/ product 24 hrs later. I tried the roll and tuck method for stretching my hair. It was approx 40% dry when i did this. I then tied it loosely with my scarf, as suggested by pinkecube and went to bed. When I woke up the definition wasn't affected and there was barely any shrinkage. I will definitely be using this method to stretch my hair from now on.

One question: what are u guys putting ur clay mixture into?? I tried using an empty tresemme bottle but I had a hard time getting any out. I can only describe the consistency as cement sludge. I kept adding water but it made the clay part very difficult and time-consuming. Maybe I made the mixture too thick?? Gonna try adding 3 cups of h2o instead of 2.

I don't think i can do the overnight ghe cuz the itchiness was driving me crazy.   It's still itchy even now. Any suggestions anyone? ?
Hi Duckkeisha, thx for the update! good to hear the stretching method worked out. Glad you liked the flaxseed and kccc layering Smile Yes try 3 cups water to one cup clay. Then shake, it should be able to come out the bottle. And just pour the ingredients into the bottle on at a time, then shake to get it to mix. If you try to squeeze some out and it is too thick pour more water in the bottle then shake. For the DC, you can try putting oil on your scalp, or using a thermal heating cap for 20 mins-1 hour. If that doesn't work, you can switch options to do the regimen all in one go using steam/thermal heating cap, etc. You can watch Dee's vid on it too, here:

I finally decided to mix my clay mixture in a blender and I like it much better.  The consistency is smooth and creamy and for now I have the mixture in a plastic container.  I also mixed the cherry lola treatment in a blender. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 175176177178179 288>
  Share Topic