Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175 289>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Christine UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2014 at 4:36am
Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by afrolistic afrolistic wrote:

When apply da gel in small section i see my hair broke in small pieces on da floor.what am i doing wrong
Hi afrolistic, I think you should be cautious when handling your hair, you have to just learn to do that by experience and watching videos. There is a possibility that is just left over shed hairs from not properly getting sheds out during detangling. But if you are ripping your hair as you do it, that is something you have to change in how you handle your hair. You can watch my wash and go vid (page 72 on the forum) and try to look up videos about how to finger detangle properly and handle kinky hair. here's a helpful video I was able to find on detangling, you can get ideas from there. Maybe I will eventually make a finger detangling video, but I basically finger detangle the exact way I define my hair. Smooth and rake on soaking wet hair. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOFWGadYLxU

Originally posted by DominicanMorenita DominicanMorenita wrote:

How are you all doing?? God bless!! So I did my mhm regimen as always but yesterday after the clay my hair was so dry and hard, I apply conditioner to soften it but after the conditioner and the gel still today my hair is so dry and hard.
Hi Dominican Morenita, what version of the regimen did you do, did you make sure your hair was soaking wet when you applied the conditioner, and soaking wet when you applied the clay, and did you make sure your hair was soaking wet when you applied the gel? Btw, do you mind if I share your testimony about your bald spot on instagram that you pm'd me on facebook?

Hi Pinke, that link you provided does not work for some reason.  Could you put it up again please,or give the title so I can look up on YT?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOFWGadYLxU

I cut and pasted the link into google and YT and it worked! Great detangling video by Naturally /Curious called Washing, Conditioning & Finger-detangling "4a Hair Natural Hair".  Detangling starts @: 3.26 mins.
Sponsored Links

VonnVay1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VonnVay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2014 at 11:12am

Good day all!  I started the maxhydrationmethod about 3 weeks ago and I just wanted to say thank you for finally helping me to love my hair.  I jumped on every bandwagon looking for the holy grail product to moisturize my hair to no avail.  Instantly using this regimen, I got results.  My hair is so soft and for the first time, my twist outs don't frizz the moment I walk outside.  You have been such a huge resource for 4c hair and I appreciate all that you  have done for me and my hair.  Thank you so much Pinke!

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2014 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

In the UK we only have the Nourishing Moisture with Aloe, and the Vibrantly Smooth:((  Online, it costs £22/$31.61 (without p + p) for 1 bottle!!!  Is it so bad that it cannot be used at all?  If anyone knows of another site that that british curlies can by the Radiant Volume cheaply please share so others can benefit.

Yes, Christine that one is okay. Just make sure it does not contain alcohol, because tresseme sometimes is unclear about their ingredient list. So if you're buying it in the store make sure it doesn't contain those drying alcohols as were bolded in this quote below.
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Thanks juan_mos Smile

Hi duckkeisha, welcome to MHM happy to have you starting this new journey.These products have pretty much the same ingredients as the approved conditioner, so it should be fine.

Tresemme naturals nourishing moisture w/ aloe vera & avocado oil:Thumbs Up

Water, cetearyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, behentrimonium chloride, persea gratissima (avocado oil), brassica campestris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, fragrance, dipropylene glycol, potassium chloride, lactic acid, disodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, peg-150 distearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, lauroyl lysine, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone

Tresemme naturals vibrantly smooth w/ coconut oil & jojoba extract:Thumbs Up

Water, cetearyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, behentrimonium chloride, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, brassica campestris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) leaf eextract, fragrance, dipropylene glycol, potassium chloride, lactic acid, disodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, peg-150 distearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, lauroyl lysine, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone

This is another formulation of the product above I found, under the same name. So when you buy it, just make sure the ingredient list doesn't look like this. None of those drying alcohols bolded

Tresemme naturals vibrantly smooth w/ coconut oil & jojoba extract:
Thumbs Down

Water/Aqua/Eau , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Stearyl Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Fragrance (Parfum) , Caprylyl Glycol , Lauroyl Lysine , Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer , Aspartic Acid , Distearyldimonium Chloride , Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil , Benzyl Alcohol , Citric Acid , Alcohol , Isopropyl Alcohol , Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Leaf Extract
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2014 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by VonnVay1 VonnVay1 wrote:

Good day all!  I started the maxhydrationmethod about 3 weeks ago and I just wanted to say thank you for finally helping me to love my hair.  I jumped on every bandwagon looking for the holy grail product to moisturize my hair to no avail.  Instantly using this regimen, I got results.  My hair is so soft and for the first time, my twist outs don't frizz the moment I walk outside.  You have been such a huge resource for 4c hair and I appreciate all that you  have done for me and my hair.  Thank you so much Pinke!

Hi VonnVay, thanks for sharing your experience so far with the regimen, It's amazing to hear this regimen is helping ease everyone's journeys so they can truly appreciate their hair. Welcome to the forum, and glad to have you apart of this journey with us to maximum hydration.Smile

Edited by pinkecube - Jul 23 2014 at 12:53pm
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2014 at 12:49pm
My hair detangled like butter when i did the cherry lola then detangled and deep conditioned with warm diluted kckt.

I rinsed this morning and did a wash n go.

I skipped the clay bc I didnt have it.
What happens if I dont.

Ill buy some clay tomorrow

The fact that kinky curly can be diluted and still pack that punch buts it back into HG status for me.

My cherry lola treamtment was so stanky though.
Omg it smelled like chocolate soy sauce and it was just weird but it was very effective.

Edited by jonesable - Jul 23 2014 at 12:54pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2014 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

My hair detangled like butter when i did the cherry lola then detangled and deep conditioned with warm diluted kckt.

I rinsed this morning and did a wash n go.

I skipped the clay bc I didnt have it.
What happens if I dont.

Ill buy some clay tomorrow

The fact that kinky curly can be diluted and still pack that punch buts it back into HG status for me.

My cherry lola treamtment was so stanky though.
Omg it smelled like chocolate soy sauce and it was just weird but it was very effective.
Hi jonesable, welcome to the MHM journey, thanks for sharing your results with the cherry lola. once you can get the clay, use it once you have it. Nothing bad will happen when you don't have it but it will effect your results and the effectiveness of this regimen. Yes, these products are very thick so diluting it really is practical and effective, especially as you get increased levels of hydration you get to use even less product. lol the cherry lola LOL I'm glad you found it effective. Keep us updated on your results once you get the claySmile
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2014 at 2:34pm
Pinke I doubted this method before but after trying it I'm sold. Thank you for all your information
jlstone2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jlstone2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2014 at 3:26pm
What is the mini MHM?  Did I miss something?
Crownstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crownstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2014 at 3:57pm
TreSemme Naturals Radiant Volume with sweet orange lemongrass
For anyone that has a Bed Bath and Beyond near you. I found the original (approved) version and the new formula. I reviewed both versions and the original version has a black cap with green inside while the new version has a white cap. They were 4.99 each;I used my 25 percent coupons and got the last 3 bottles for $12 something. Not bad for 3 25 oz bottles. 

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2014 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by jlstone2 jlstone2 wrote:

What is the mini MHM? Did I miss something?
Yes, the mini version Danabnatural does. I put it on page 127. Under version 2. Keep in mind this is just a way to shorten up the routine but it might not work for everyone just starting. So it's recommended to adopt that only when you have higher levels of hydration.

In case you missed the alternate bakingsoda mixture that is actually on page 131. I think I made the mistake of saying the alternate BS mix is on page 127 to someone but it is actually on page 131, sorry.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_post10929299.html?KW=Alternate+MHM+Baking+soda+mixture#10929299
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175 289>
  Share Topic