Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172173174 276>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by juan_mos juan_mos wrote:

Originally posted by Tallbeautie Tallbeautie wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I've been reading all of the posts and I ran out and picked up all of the products right away because I was so eager to start. I'm on day 3 and what a difference.
Just some background, I have very thick, armpit length, 4a hair. My hair has been chronically dry for all of the 2yrs I've been natural. I've tried every product and nothing has worked. My hair is rough to the touch and just plain hard. When I read about porosity (along with a strand test) I concluded that my hair has low porosity. My hair does have a pattern when it is wet but as soon as it dried it was gone. My hair defines very well with gel so definition was never a problem but dry hair was my nightmare.
With this method my hair is slowly improving and I am so looking forward to my future results. Just because you hair isn't a 4c or 4b doesn't mean that this will not work for you. Give it a try and stick to it. I know I didn't see a huge difference the first try but I'm noticing significant changes with each try and I'm only on day 3. The very fact that I have less shedding and can use less gel on my wash and go is enough to have me hooked.
Thank you so much for do the leg work on this method and being gracious enough to share it with everyone. 

AWESOME! A lot of us know your excitement.... I feel the same way every time I complete the regimen and see how much my hair is continuing to improve! And yes, Pinke has stated several times throughout this large thread that MHM, though originally created to address the needs of 4c low porosity hair, can help all type 4 (and tweaked for other hair types), to achieve max hydration. I would encourage all hair types (I know I've been telling ALL my natural friends) to give it at least the 7-day trial. A key thing to know is your hair's porosity... whether low, normal or high. If you don't know it, there are several ways to find out. If you're still not sure then trying out the ingredients (ACV vs Baking soda) to see what your hair responds to will work.  MHM IS CHANGING THE NATURAL HAIR GAME... ONE CURL AT AT TIME!  WHOOP!
You're welcome, Tallbeautie glad to have you joining the MHM journey! Thanks for sharing your results and testimony, and helping to spread the word about this regimen. I'm glad you mentioned that, I noticed that as well, the rough feeling along my strands that I used to have has gone away. Cosign everything Juan_mos said. This method will work for all kinky hair types. Having a larger curl diameter doesn't mean you won't benefit from the method if your hair is low porosity too. Although if you have maybe 3c hair your hair might be able to tolerate more products than 4c's. That's pretty much where the distinction ends though.
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by solomonsydelle solomonsydelle wrote:

Hello ladies and gents. I've been following MHM since the first thread and took my time to not only gather up my materials but make sure I could learn the method inside and out by reading every page of this thread.

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions and PMs. Also thanks to everyone for all their questions and comments in this thread, as I learned from those as well.

I did my first run through tonight after prepping yesterday. I have curls all over the place and it is so exciting! My daughter (who agreed to do MHM with me) no longer has worries about the regimen after seeing my hair. Plus, she liked the sweet smell of the Kinky Curly products. Oh, and a doubter who had been wondering about the method saw my results and asked for the link to this thread.

I'll keep it up, but just wanted to say thanks to everyone. This is my first time enjoying my natural texture in almost 30 years and to realize hydration is all I needed for my hair to reach its full potential is amazing.

Happy healthy hair growing and MHMing everyone!

(Special shout out to Ms. Pinkecube!)
Hi solomonsydelle, thanks for taking your time to do the regimen right and reading through everything! It's a lot of information, and taking your time reading through was the right thing to do, because you'll know exactly what to do upon starting and there will be no confusion. You're welcome, happy to have you apart of the MHM journey, thank you for sharing your experience. I love hearing that this regimen is helping others enjoy their natural texture and feel more in control of their hair journeys. This is exactly what i wanted to accomplish by spreading this! Big smileBig smileGive everyone the "cheat codes" to their hair so they don't have to spend time doing unnecessary guess work! It is exciting to see that people are just seeing results and being intrigued enough to inquire about this regimen. the results speak for themselves, and I know that is what is going to spread this.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by jlstone2 jlstone2 wrote:

my hair is bsl and I just started the regimen.  I need to do all the steps at night after work because I don't have time in the morning to split it up.  I spend half my time trying to get my roots dry so I don't have to sleep on wet hair or crush my newly defined hair.  

I feel like I am seeing results but the air dry is killing me!!!Ouch  I really don't want to keep diffusing because I didn't want the extra heat on my hair but I may not have a choice.
Hi Jlstone, welcome to the forum and this journey. Try to diffuse on the cool setting or low heat. Other than that you can try doing your hair right after you get home from work instead of before bed, so you have a bit more drying time. Eventually your hair will get to a point where even when you sleep on it wet, it will still heed good results. I still have to experiment with the best way to wear my hair to sleep when it is wet. One thing I remembered rachaelcpr
https://www.youtube.com/user/rachaelcpr/videos
does is she takes a t-shirt and wraps her hair with it, to let the tshirt soak up the extra moisture. Now this may still cause some frizz, but you might have good results with it, so I would give it a shot too. I don't remember the exact video she showed that in but, I left a link to her channel.

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by afrolistic afrolistic wrote:

When apply da gel in small section i see my hair broke in small pieces on da floor.what am i doing wrong
Hi afrolistic, I think you should be cautious when handling your hair, you have to just learn to do that by experience and watching videos. There is a possibility that is just left over shed hairs from not properly getting sheds out during detangling. But if you are ripping your hair as you do it, that is something you have to change in how you handle your hair. You can watch my wash and go vid (page 72 on the forum) and try to look up videos about how to finger detangle properly and handle kinky hair. here's a helpful video I was able to find on detangling, you can get ideas from there. Maybe I will eventually make a finger detangling video, but I basically finger detangle the exact way I define my hair. Smooth and rake on soaking wet hair. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOFWGadYLxU

Originally posted by DominicanMorenita DominicanMorenita wrote:

How are you all doing?? God bless!! So I did my mhm regimen as always but yesterday after the clay my hair was so dry and hard, I apply conditioner to soften it but after the conditioner and the gel still today my hair is so dry and hard.
Hi Dominican Morenita, what version of the regimen did you do, did you make sure your hair was soaking wet when you applied the conditioner, and soaking wet when you applied the clay, and did you make sure your hair was soaking wet when you applied the gel? Btw, do you mind if I share your testimony about your bald spot on instagram that you pm'd me on facebook?
DominicanMorenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

When apply da gel in small section i see my hair broke in small pieces on da floor.what am i doing wrong
Hi afrolistic, I think you should be cautious when handling your hair, you have to just learn to do that by experience and watching videos. There is a possibility that is just left over shed hairs from not properly getting sheds out during detangling. But if you are ripping your hair as you do it, that is something you have to change in how you handle your hair. You can watch my wash and go vid (page 72 on the forum) and try to look up videos about how to finger detangle properly and handle kinky hair. here's a helpful video I was able to find on detangling, you can get ideas from there. Maybe I will eventually make a finger detangling video, but I basically finger detangle the exact way I define my hair. Smooth and rake on soaking wet hair. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOFWGadYLxU

How are you all doing?? God bless!! So I did my mhm regimen as always but yesterday after the clay my hair was so dry and hard, I apply conditioner to soften it but after the conditioner and the gel still today my hair is so dry and hard.
Hi Dominican Morenita, what version of the regimen did you do, did you make sure your hair was soaking wet when you applied the conditioner, and soaking wet when you applied the clay, and did you make sure your hair was soaking wet when you applied the gel? Btw, do you mind if I share your testimony about your bald spot on instagram that you pm'd me on facebook?
I did the original version with apcv and completed all the step and yes my hair was soaking wet. No I don't mind you sharing my testimony about the bald spot, I will post pic as soon as I can, I was gonna post it in here but I am always afraid of my limited english.. Thanks for answering..  God bless...
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 6:16pm

I did the original version with apcv and completed all the step and yes my hair was soaking wet. No I don't mind you sharing my testimony about the bald spot, I will post pic as soon as I can, I was gonna post it in here but I am always afraid of my limited english.. Thanks for answering..  God bless...
You're welcome. Great, I'm looking forward to those pics, don't worry about your english, everyone can understand you just fine Smile As for your issue, maybe you want to experiment with the bakingsoda clarifying option. BTW there is a new BS rinse on page 127 that doesn't require conditioner. Other than that just make sure the clay mix is the right ingredients. Just honey, olive oil, water and clay. The specifics are on page 72. You can try adding a bit more honey if that helps as well. If you add acv to your clay rinse, you may want to omit it, or if you are using the terrisentials, the aloe in it might be what's causing you issue.
Tallbeautie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tallbeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 9:40pm
Quick question,
I just finished doing the regimen again and my hair is starting to really clump but in between the clumps there is so much frizz. has anyone experienced this and if so does that get better with time?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Tallbeautie Tallbeautie wrote:

Quick question,
I just finished doing the regimen again and my hair is starting to really clump but in between the clumps there is so much frizz. has anyone experienced this and if so does that get better with time?
Yes that something that will improve as you start to build up your moisture levels and start getting max hydration. You can improve your results by making sure you are separating your hair during the clay step, almost like you are defining your hair with the clay. That you can watch here:

Also, when you apply your conditioner and gel you want to make sure you are separating the coils enough, smoothing and raking. The reason is your coils may try and clump into sections that are too thick, and since the coils are naturally tight and compact when it dries it will shrink into a frizzy clump.  So separating and such is important. You can see that in the video I posted on page 72.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_post10888148.html?KW=THE+MAX+HYD#10888148
Christine UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2014 at 3:56am
Originally posted by juan_mos juan_mos wrote:

Originally posted by duckkeisha duckkeisha wrote:

Hi pinkecube,

I recently started the maximum hydration method and so far am in love with the results.

Unfortunately I also just bought 3 bottles of tresemme naturals cuz they were on sale.

Please check the ingredient list on both and let me know if they're ok for the mhm

Tresemme naturals nourishing moisture w/ aloe vera & avocado oil:

Water, cetearyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, behentrimonium chloride, persea gratissima (avocado oil), brassica campestris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, fragrance, dipropylene glycol, potassium chloride, lactic acid, disodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, peg-150 distearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, lauroyl lysine, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone

Tresemme naturals vibrantly smooth w/ coconut oil & jojoba extract:

Water, cetearyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, behentrimonium chloride, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, brassica campestris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) leaf eextract, fragrance, dipropylene glycol, potassium chloride, lactic acid, disodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, peg-150 distearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, lauroyl lysine, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone

Thanks in advance

Hi Duckkeisha I'm sure Pinke will reply on the 2 Tres conditioners you listed but the one below is currently the only approved one and it is NOT available in stores (discontinued). You have to order it b/c it is an old formula. It's only available at Walgreens online and it’s currently on sale for $4.34!:

TRESemme Naturals Radiant Volume Conditioner with SWEETORANGE and LEMONGRASS 25oz:

Below are the ingredients for the approved version of this conditioner:

Water (Aqua); Cetearyl Alcohol; Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine; Behentrimonium Chloride; Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer; Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract; Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract; Fragrance; Dipropylene Glycol; Potassium Chloride; Lactic Acid; Disodium EDTA; DMDM Hydantoin; PEG-150 Distearate; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Lauroyl Lysine; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone.

tresemme naturals radiant volume with sweet orange

The new formula is NOT recommended for this regimen because it has some drying ingredients.

In the UK we only have the Nourishing Moisture with Aloe, and the Vibrantly Smooth:((  Online, it costs £22/$31.61 (without p + p) for 1 bottle!!!  Is it so bad that it cannot be used at all?  If anyone knows of another site that that british curlies can by the Radiant Volume cheaply please share so others can benefit.
Christine UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2014 at 4:14am

Hi Pinke, that link you provided does not work for some reason.  Could you put it up again please,or give the title so I can look up on YT?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 170171172173174 276>