Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 169170171172173 292>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
duckkeisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote duckkeisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 11:39am
I found a great recipe for flaxseed gel on YouTube by rachelcpr-- it uses Irish moss for increased slip and marshmallow root for increased hold. I put a bit of grapefruit essential oil for fragrance.   It has worked very well for my wash n go. HTH
Sponsored Links

jlstone2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jlstone2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 12:20pm
my hair is bsl and I just started the regimen.  I need to do all the steps at night after work because I don't have time in the morning to split it up.  I spend half my time trying to get my roots dry so I don't have to sleep on wet hair or crush my newly defined hair.  

I feel like I am seeing results but the air dry is killing me!!!Ouch  I really don't want to keep diffusing because I didn't want the extra heat on my hair but I may not have a choice.
Tallbeautie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Tallbeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 1:45pm
Hello Everyone,

I've been reading all of the posts and I ran out and picked up all of the products right away because I was so eager to start. I'm on day 3 and what a difference.
Just some background, I have very thick, armpit length, 4a hair. My hair has been chronically dry for all of the 2yrs I've been natural. I've tried every product and nothing has worked. My hair is rough to the touch and just plain hard. When I read about porosity (along with a strand test) I concluded that my hair has low porosity. My hair does have a pattern when it is wet but as soon as it dried it was gone. My hair defines very well with gel so definition was never a problem but dry hair was my nightmare.
With this method my hair is slowly improving and I am so looking forward to my future results. Just because you hair isn't a 4c or 4b doesn't mean that this will not work for you. Give it a try and stick to it. I know I didn't see a huge difference the first try but I'm noticing significant changes with each try and I'm only on day 3. The very fact that I have less shedding and can use less gel on my wash and go is enough to have me hooked.
Thank you so much for do the leg work on this method and being gracious enough to share it with everyone. 
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Tallbeautie Tallbeautie wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I've been reading all of the posts and I ran out and picked up all of the products right away because I was so eager to start. I'm on day 3 and what a difference.
Just some background, I have very thick, armpit length, 4a hair. My hair has been chronically dry for all of the 2yrs I've been natural. I've tried every product and nothing has worked. My hair is rough to the touch and just plain hard. When I read about porosity (along with a strand test) I concluded that my hair has low porosity. My hair does have a pattern when it is wet but as soon as it dried it was gone. My hair defines very well with gel so definition was never a problem but dry hair was my nightmare.
With this method my hair is slowly improving and I am so looking forward to my future results. Just because you hair isn't a 4c or 4b doesn't mean that this will not work for you. Give it a try and stick to it. I know I didn't see a huge difference the first try but I'm noticing significant changes with each try and I'm only on day 3. The very fact that I have less shedding and can use less gel on my wash and go is enough to have me hooked.
Thank you so much for do the leg work on this method and being gracious enough to share it with everyone. 

AWESOME! A lot of us know your excitement.... I feel the same way every time I complete the regimen and see how much my hair is continuing to improve! And yes, Pinke has stated several times throughout this large thread that MHM, though originally created to address the needs of 4c low porosity hair, can help all type 4 (and tweaked for other hair types), to achieve max hydration. I would encourage all hair types (I know I've been telling ALL my natural friends) to give it at least the 7-day trial. A key thing to know is your hair's porosity... whether low, normal or high. If you don't know it, there are several ways to find out. If you're still not sure then trying out the ingredients (ACV vs Baking soda) to see what your hair responds to will work.  MHM IS CHANGING THE NATURAL HAIR GAME... ONE CURL AT AT TIME!  WHOOP!

Edited by juan_mos - Jul 22 2014 at 2:21pm
Tallbeautie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Tallbeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 2:12pm
She sure is. I'm even spreading the word on other natural hair websites. People need to be informed.
afrolistic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrolistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 3:00pm
When apply da gel in small section i see my hair broke in small pieces on da floor.what am i doing wrong
DominicanMorenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 3:08pm
How are you all doing?? God bless!! So I did my mhm regimen as always but yesterday after the clay my hair was so dry and hard, I apply conditioner to soften it but after the conditioner and the gel still today my hair is so dry and hard.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by juan_mos juan_mos wrote:

Originally posted by duckkeisha duckkeisha wrote:

Hi pinkecube,

I recently started the maximum hydration method and so far am in love with the results.

Unfortunately I also just bought 3 bottles of tresemme naturals cuz they were on sale.

Please check the ingredient list on both and let me know if they're ok for the mhm
Thanks in advance

Hi Duckkeisha I'm sure Pinke will reply on the 2 Tres conditioners you listed but the one below is currently the only approved one and it is NOT available in stores (discontinued). You have to order it b/c it is an old formula. It's only available at Walgreens online and it’s currently on sale for $4.34!:

TRESemme Naturals Radiant Volume Conditioner with SWEETORANGE and LEMONGRASS 25oz:

Below are the ingredients for the approved version of this conditioner:

Water (Aqua); Cetearyl Alcohol; Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine; Behentrimonium Chloride; Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer; Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract; Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract; Fragrance; Dipropylene Glycol; Potassium Chloride; Lactic Acid; Disodium EDTA; DMDM Hydantoin; PEG-150 Distearate; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Lauroyl Lysine; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone.

tresemme naturals radiant volume with sweet orange

The new formula is NOT recommended for this regimen because it has some drying ingredients.
Thanks juan_mos Smile

Hi duckkeisha, welcome to MHM happy to have you starting this new journey.These products have pretty much the same ingredients as the approved conditioner, so it should be fine.

Tresemme naturals nourishing moisture w/ aloe vera & avocado oil:Thumbs Up

Water, cetearyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, behentrimonium chloride, persea gratissima (avocado oil), brassica campestris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, fragrance, dipropylene glycol, potassium chloride, lactic acid, disodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, peg-150 distearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, lauroyl lysine, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone

Tresemme naturals vibrantly smooth w/ coconut oil & jojoba extract:Thumbs Up

Water, cetearyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, behentrimonium chloride, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, brassica campestris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) leaf eextract, fragrance, dipropylene glycol, potassium chloride, lactic acid, disodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, peg-150 distearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, lauroyl lysine, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone

This is another formulation of the product above I found, under the same name. So when you buy it, just make sure the ingredient list doesn't look like this. None of those drying alcohols bolded

Tresemme naturals vibrantly smooth w/ coconut oil & jojoba extract:
Thumbs Down

Water/Aqua/Eau , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Stearyl Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Fragrance (Parfum) , Caprylyl Glycol , Lauroyl Lysine , Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer , Aspartic Acid , Distearyldimonium Chloride , Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil , Benzyl Alcohol , Citric Acid , Alcohol , Isopropyl Alcohol , Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Leaf Extract
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

Originally posted by nicks_hotmama06 nicks_hotmama06 wrote:

What are you ladies doing in terms of styling? Is it strictly w'n'gs or can protective styling be added?
I have trichotillomania and it flares when I'm stressed. My lashes just grew back and now I have been pulling my head hair. I need to put my hair away so that I can't pull it. Is that possible while trying to reach max hydration???

I wear my hair in flat twist and two strand twist. I don't have enough hydration or curl definition to wear a wng yet. You should be fine wearing a protective style.
Hi nicks_hotmama sorry about you dealing with that, hopefully whatever is causing you stress will pass. Like DenzKoils said, you do not have to wear your hair out to be able to complete the steps in this regimen. As long as you complete all the steps, you can decide to style it anyway you want, braided, cornroll, under a wig, etc. HTH
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by duckkeisha duckkeisha wrote:

I found a great recipe for flaxseed gel on YouTube by rachelcpr-- it uses Irish moss for increased slip and marshmallow root for increased hold. I put a bit of grapefruit essential oil for fragrance.   It has worked very well for my wash n go. HTH
Thanks for sharing rachelcpr's recipe, duckkeisha! This will be very helpful to those making their own gel. Smile I knew I remembered a video talking about that, but couldn't find the particular video clip! Could post a link to the video if you can find it?

Those of you using flaxseed gel, you can get ideas on how you formulate it. I would avoid putting aloe juice or glycerin in my flaxseed formulation. I vaguely remember she said she added glycerin or aloe but I don't remember. Just in case though, those of you looking up DIY stuff and advice, take the advice and tweak it so that you are using what is best compatible with this regimen and your own hair type.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 169170171172173 292>
  Share Topic