Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 168169170171172 276>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by nicks_hotmama06 nicks_hotmama06 wrote:

What are you ladies doing in terms of styling? Is it strictly w'n'gs or can protective styling be added?
I have trichotillomania and it flares when I'm stressed. My lashes just grew back and now I have been pulling my head hair. I need to put my hair away so that I can't pull it. Is that possible while trying to reach max hydration???

I wear my hair in flat twist and two strand twist. I don't have enough hydration or curl definition to wear a wng yet. You should be fine wearing a protective style.
Sponsored Links

aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

aharri23, how long are you leaving the conditioner and mud in?

I leave the conditioner in about 5- 7 minutes, rinse with warm water then step out of the shower to apply the clay (i leave my hair dripping, do not towel dry) I like doing it the original way because by the time I apply my clay all my shed hairs and tangles are removed where as before in dana's regimen she does the clay mask first.
solomonsydelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 11:48pm
Hello ladies and gents. I've been following MHM since the first thread and took my time to not only gather up my materials but make sure I could learn the method inside and out by reading every page of this thread.

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions and PMs. Also thanks to everyone for all their questions and comments in this thread, as I learned from those as well.

I did my first run through tonight after prepping yesterday. I have curls all over the place and it is so exciting! My daughter (who agreed to do MHM with me) no longer has worries about the regimen after seeing my hair. Plus, she liked the sweet smell of the Kinky Curly products. Oh, and a doubter who had been wondering about the method saw my results and asked for the link to this thread.

I'll keep it up, but just wanted to say thanks to everyone. This is my first time enjoying my natural texture in almost 30 years and to realize hydration is all I needed for my hair to reach its full potential is amazing.

Happy healthy hair growing and MHMing everyone!

(Special shout out to Ms. Pinkecube!)
afrolistic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrolistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 3:53am
Hi yall i want to post some puxs about my progress so far. How do u ladies cover ur face in da pics and how do i post them here.thnx
duckkeisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote duckkeisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 6:22am
Hi pinkecube,

I recently started the maximum hydration method and so far am in love with the results.

Unfortunately I also just bought 3 bottles of tresemme naturals cuz they were on sale.

Please check the ingredient list on both and let me know if they're ok for the mhm

Tresemme naturals nourishing moisture w/ aloe vera & avocado oil:

Water, cetearyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, behentrimonium chloride, persea gratissima (avocado oil), brassica campestris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, fragrance, dipropylene glycol, potassium chloride, lactic acid, disodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, peg-150 distearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, lauroyl lysine, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone

Tresemme naturals vibrantly smooth w/ coconut oil & jojoba extract:

Water, cetearyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, behentrimonium chloride, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, brassica campestris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) leaf eextract, fragrance, dipropylene glycol, potassium chloride, lactic acid, disodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, peg-150 distearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, lauroyl lysine, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone

Thanks in advance
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 8:36am
Originally posted by duckkeisha duckkeisha wrote:

Hi pinkecube,

I recently started the maximum hydration method and so far am in love with the results.

Unfortunately I also just bought 3 bottles of tresemme naturals cuz they were on sale.

Please check the ingredient list on both and let me know if they're ok for the mhm

Tresemme naturals nourishing moisture w/ aloe vera & avocado oil:

Water, cetearyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, behentrimonium chloride, persea gratissima (avocado oil), brassica campestris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, fragrance, dipropylene glycol, potassium chloride, lactic acid, disodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, peg-150 distearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, lauroyl lysine, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone

Tresemme naturals vibrantly smooth w/ coconut oil & jojoba extract:

Water, cetearyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, behentrimonium chloride, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, brassica campestris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) leaf eextract, fragrance, dipropylene glycol, potassium chloride, lactic acid, disodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, peg-150 distearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, lauroyl lysine, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone

Thanks in advance

Hi Duckkeisha I'm sure Pinke will reply on the 2 Tres conditioners you listed but the one below is currently the only approved one and it is NOT available in stores (discontinued). You have to order it b/c it is an old formula. It's only available at Walgreens online and it’s currently on sale for $4.34!:

TRESemme Naturals Radiant Volume Conditioner with SWEETORANGE and LEMONGRASS 25oz:

Below are the ingredients for the approved version of this conditioner:

Water (Aqua); Cetearyl Alcohol; Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine; Behentrimonium Chloride; Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer; Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract; Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract; Fragrance; Dipropylene Glycol; Potassium Chloride; Lactic Acid; Disodium EDTA; DMDM Hydantoin; PEG-150 Distearate; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Lauroyl Lysine; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone.

tresemme naturals radiant volume with sweet orange

The new formula is NOT recommended for this regimen because it has some drying ingredients.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckkeisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 10:18am
Thanks so much for the response.   I was in the Shoppers Drug Mart yesterday and I think I saw the one you are talking about.   Gonna try and exchange them. Hopefully they will cuz I have no idea where my receipt is

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote duckkeisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 10:19am
Thanks so much for the response.   I was in the Shoppers Drug Mart yesterday and I think I saw the one you are talking about.   Gonna try and exchange them. Hopefully they will cuz I have no idea where my receipt is
jlstone2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jlstone2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 10:53am
How can you decrease drying time?  My hair feels like it is always wet.
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 11:17am
Originally posted by jlstone2 jlstone2 wrote:

How can you decrease drying time?  My hair feels like it is always wet.

I know the feeling! I have a TWA but it still takes my hair 4+ hrs to dry (my hair is thick!). I've completed the regimen about 14 times now and that hasn't changedShocked. LOL! Even though I prefer to air dry... I've been thinking ahead to the seasons changing. I cannot walk around with a wet head that long so I've been using a diffuser on cool or a hooded dryer on COLD or LOW setting (my dryer is at least 15 yrs old so those are the 'coolest' options I have).

Edited by juan_mos - Jul 22 2014 at 11:18am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style