Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 165166167168169 288>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Crownstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crownstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 11:29am
I LOVE THIS METHOD AND HAVE BEEN HAVING GREAT SUCCESS. I have a few questions:
Have anyone mastered a flax seed gel recipe that they can share? Youtube has so many its scary. I had braids and lost a lot of hair around my edges that I can tell are starting to fill in..shot even my "beady beads" are not getting curled. I was using a product Nubian Heritage Indian Hemp & Tamanu Grow & Strengthen Edge Taming Taffy (JUST ON MY HAIRLINE). PINKE can you advise if there are any no no ingriedents - - can I use on my hairline - I do think I was having success with the product but don't want to put anything in my hair that would negatively impact my progress with the MHM. Thanks for all you do and continue to do - I am soooooo grateful I could literally cry from happiness. I see the panthenol, otherwise are the ingriedents ok?

Grow & Strengthen Edge Tammy Taffy - Nubian Heritage:
List: Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)(Certified Organic Ingredient), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil (Certified Organic Ingredient), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Certified Organic Ingredient), Vegetable Glycerin, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Calophyllum Inophyllum (Tamanu) Oil, Olus Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil (Certified Organic Ingredient), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Calenndula Wax, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Extract, Tiare (Gardenia Tahitensis) Flower, Essential Oil Blend, Allium Sativum (Garlic) Extract, Melia Azadirochta (Neem) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E).
Sponsored Links

Kurly Kizzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kurly Kizzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 1:01pm
Pinke,

I just wanted to tell YOU, again, thank YOU for this method YOU put out for all of this!!! Girrrllll, Lemme tell you what I did. I did my 6th or 7th, gotta look at the pics, regimen on Tuesday night finished it on Wednesday morning. (And haven't done it since then, I KNOW!!!! I shouldn't stretch so long so early in the game) BUT, why is my hair STILL moisturized and looks GOOD????? It shakes, I mean it shakes. It moved so much during my Zumba class on Thursday, I had all the Naturals looking at my hair like DDDAAAAAGGGG, lolWinkWinkWinkWink. One Natural asked me about it (she thought my hair was wet) and I sent her STRAIGHT to YOU!! 
     Anyway, I always refer back to page 72, and I seen where you said "Signs" of hydration is that it moves when it's dry. Is that when you know it's at least 60% hydrated? Or what does it mean? My driest parts of my hair are doing GREAT but the definition is not from root to tip, I don't think. Ima look at it again when I finish today, I will do all the steps and steam today. 
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 7:32pm
I just ordered 6 tresseme naturals conditioners from walgreens.com. I wanted free shipping so i had to get to $25. Better be the right foruma.
kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2014 at 12:22am
My Tresseme naturals came in. I really cannot tell if its the right formula because I'm used to using KCKT and Trader Joes with mostly natural ingredients. These ingredienets all have very chemical-names. I'm kinda scared to start using it LOL

Want to note that I am noticing much better length retention ever since I committed to twisting my hair before bed. It is a great practice I hope you're all doing. Note, I even twist the spots that used to be balding and breaking. Now, the shortest strand is almost an inch and I twist those up, as well to retain length.

Still on the mini-MHM. I have to say after being on mini-MHM, it is not as effective as the full regimen. mini-MHM maintains the hair's softness and current state of hydration, but it is not getting me closer to full max hydration. 

Considering doing full MHM on a weekend when I have more time.

Aharris, how is it going with you and the mini-MHM methods??
Christine UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2014 at 4:21am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by iheartsmimi iheartsmimi wrote:

i will def support you pinke! you have helped me fall in love with my hair and ive been natural for 5 years. i dont have much but i have sent a lil sumthin sumthin to help you reach your goals

Thanks so much Juan_mos, tyniagf, iheartsmimi. Any amount you can when you are able, even if it's little thank you so much for your wonderful support. I really appreciate this, and I'm going to do everything I can to make MHM be successful so more people hear about this and I can get to do the things I have planned. You guys give me drive and hope, it means a lot to me to have this kind of support. I'm going to have faith and do what i need to do. I know this will work out okay.

Hi Pinke.   I also left a comment in your support.  I feel your pain. 

What a wonderful idea for Juan_Mos to come up with!  I for one will be donating on a regular basis.  Even if in only small amounts.  In Jamaican heritage, we say "every mickle makes a mockle", of "penny and penny mek (makes) 2p/$.

I am disappointed in the whole affair as I really liked CharJay.  I hope there is some acknowledgement by her, otherwise I think I will be unsubscribing myself on principle.  My credit also goes out to Ms Dee Kay who pointed me in your direction.  
ysadoralacquers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ysadoralacquers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2014 at 3:48pm
Just finished day 7 and I definitely have more curl definition. I'm not retaining to much moisture but I know it will take a while. My hair doesn't shake yet . Hopefully in another week or 2. I'm no longer towel drying between steps. Check out my curls

kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2014 at 4:59pm
Did the full original MHM today (with steamer) with fantastic results. All of my hair is moving with the slightest tilt of my head! The joys of having a TWA that bounces when I walk (atleast while wet)

So I will be doing original MHM weekly and mini-MHM to support during the week.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2014 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

Pinkecube don't let that situation get under your skin. No matter what others try to do it won't work because they don't have your intent, your knowledge or your investment. The people that you are meant to help will find their way to you.

Stay positive, stay focused and invest your energy only in what you want. Let the rest just fall away.
Thank so much DenzKoils SmileSmile Yes, I'm just going to keep the focus on what i can control and what i want to accomplish.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2014 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Crownstar Crownstar wrote:

I LOVE THIS METHOD AND HAVE BEEN HAVING GREAT SUCCESS. I have a few questions:
Have anyone mastered a flax seed gel recipe that they can share? Youtube has so many its scary. I had braids and lost a lot of hair around my edges that I can tell are starting to fill in..shot even my "beady beads" are not getting curled. I was using a product Nubian Heritage Indian Hemp & Tamanu Grow & Strengthen Edge Taming Taffy (JUST ON MY HAIRLINE). PINKE can you advise if there are any no no ingriedents - - can I use on my hairline - I do think I was having success with the product but don't want to put anything in my hair that would negatively impact my progress with the MHM. Thanks for all you do and continue to do - I am soooooo grateful I could literally cry from happiness. I see the panthenol, otherwise are the ingriedents ok?

Great to hear your success, many ppl are reporting edges filling in and bald spot growth with this method as well, so moisture is key to hair growth. You're welcome.  For the flaxseed gel you'll have to ask others. I know some good ingredients to add are irish moss, horsetail, and marshmallow root. Plus of course an oil. I feel you on the braids thing, they always used to cause me problems and other people have complained of the same thing.

Looking at your product there are to issues. bolded below.
Grow & Strengthen Edge Tammy Taffy - Nubian Heritage:
List: Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)(Certified Organic Ingredient), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil (Certified Organic Ingredient), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Certified Organic Ingredient), Vegetable Glycerin, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Calophyllum Inophyllum (Tamanu) Oil, Olus Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil (Certified Organic Ingredient), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Calenndula Wax, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Extract, Tiare (Gardenia Tahitensis) Flower, Essential Oil Blend, Allium Sativum (Garlic) Extract, Melia Azadirochta (Neem) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E).

I would avoid this especially because of the glycerin. Edges need the most moisture especially and you don't want the glycerin pulling moisture out of your edges. HTH
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2014 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Kurly Kizzie Kurly Kizzie wrote:

Pinke,

I just wanted to tell YOU, again, thank YOU for this method YOU put out for all of this!!! Girrrllll, Lemme tell you what I did. I did my 6th or 7th, gotta look at the pics, regimen on Tuesday night finished it on Wednesday morning. (And haven't done it since then, I KNOW!!!! I shouldn't stretch so long so early in the game) BUT, why is my hair STILL moisturized and looks GOOD????? It shakes, I mean it shakes. It moved so much during my Zumba class on Thursday, I had all the Naturals looking at my hair like DDDAAAAAGGGG, lolWinkWinkWinkWink. One Natural asked me about it (she thought my hair was wet) and I sent her STRAIGHT to YOU!! 
     Anyway, I always refer back to page 72, and I seen where you said "Signs" of hydration is that it moves when it's dry. Is that when you know it's at least 60% hydrated? Or what does it mean? My driest parts of my hair are doing GREAT but the definition is not from root to tip, I don't think. Ima look at it again when I finish today, I will do all the steps and steam today. 
Thank you kurly kizzie Big smileSmileSmile I'm feeling much better about all this and am ready to put the focus back on getting this method out there. LOL I love to hear things like this your hair sounds like its catching a lot of positive attention! /yes movement is a sign your hair is getting more weight in it due to moisture retention. If you look at your product free hair after rinsing out the clay, look at the strands that have definition. Some areas will be at the tips, some halfway up. That is signs of progress. some will be clumping right out of your scalp. That is total max hydration on that curl clump. When 50% of the curl clumps on your hair have max hydration aka root to tip definition, that is when i would consider my self 50% max hydrated and so on. Once all the strands get there, that is complete max hydration. You will find each curl clump or unit will get there at different paces, but they will all reach eventually. HTH
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 165166167168169 288>
  Share Topic