Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 158159160161162 252>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by ableonard6 ableonard6 wrote:

I totally agree with you!! This has definitely been a game changer for me and I am forever grateful to Pinkecube and you too MS Deekay. You both have been extremely helpful.
You're welcome!
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Thank you so much for sharing your excitement over MHM I co-sign everything you said! GREAT ideas, I  do hope that PINKE gets the credit, success and recognition she needs over coming up with this revolutionary regimen because she truly deserves it.
Thanks so much Dee, SmileBig smilei'm so greatful to have yours and all you guy's support!
krauseschoenheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krauseschoenheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by krauseschoenheit krauseschoenheit wrote:

hI curlies,
 I have a question  . has anyone experienced itchy scalp?  Is there a problem to skip the clay step? I feel like the hair will not be completely clean.... what do you think?  <my scalp is itchy >Today is thursday. I did the full regimen yesterday and then twisted my hair and went to bed with wet hair. Today my hair and scalp was feeling really dry. since I bought the kckt I clarfied with ACV(30 min) and warm water in order to help the conditioner directly  penetrate the strands and rinse out the gel from last night. then I applied the kckt and gel to seal in the moisture. but right now about 20 hours later my scalp is itching every where. I know I have to wash my hair again, because I am seeing build up at some places. and I am also happy to do it because I have pretty much all MHM friendly products yet. But hey has anyone experienced itchy scalp?  Is there a problem to skip the clay step? I feel like the hair will not be completely clean.... what do you think? 

My order question is for the curlies who use bentonite clay is it the same as kaolin or white clay? I cannot find the bentonite clay in the local stores
Use the clay you can find, that is absolutely fine. But the clay step is very important. Your hair will not be completely clarified if you do not do it, plus it is helpful in lifting cuticles to absorb moisture. So yes, maybe your problem was that you skipped the clay step. Especially that you used the acv rinse, skipping the clay step will not be beneficial. I think you will get a much better feeling on your hair once you start applying the entire regimen. You may also want to experiment with the bakingsoda step. There are 2 versions now and the version that will help you save conditioner is on page 127. The other is on page 72. HTH Big smile

tHANK YOU PINKECUBE 
I still get negative comments about the fact that deep conditioning over night is bad for the hair, or that it is not good for the long term, that it weakens the protein in our hair. what would you say to this?Shocked I just to shut their mouth for ever Angry
I started the regimen 2 weeks ago, and I always deep condition over night when I do the  normal full regimen(the only regimen I tried so far). I don´t see deep conditioning over night as a bad thing. My hair is able to stay moisturized 2 days and I appreciate it. How was it for you ? did you experienced fragile hair from deep conditioning overnight? what should I say to answer to those comments? It is really annoying me. 
I plan to try the deep conditioning over night at least 25 times before I start something else...like warm conditioner or steamer(which I don´t have).

Hi Krauseschoenheit, you're welcome.Smile DC/GHE is not unhealthy for hair, that's a complete fable. In fact, I have GHE'd 24 hours a day for 3 months straight to deal with a bald spot I had for almost a year. With that, my hair grew 1.5 inches, and this was 4c hair, it grew out of my scalp curling from root to tip. So the DC makes you bald is a lie. It is not bad, it is extremely healthy for the hair.

Moisture overload can't happen with DC it happens if you were dcing or even just using a product that was going to absorb and or build up stubbornly in and on your hair. we avoid those products. So you won't get moisture overload. As for the protein loss, you are keeping your hair in a moist state, not going from moist, allowing your hair to completely dry out, and then get moist again. Which would be building up moisture to high levels of retention, and letting them go all the way down and then pulling them back up, repeatedly, like everyday.

So it cannot happen with this method, and I don't think it can happen to low porosity hair anyway as our hair resists loosing and receiving moisture. Even if it could, there are ppl with high porosity hair who wash their hair nearly all the time, no issue. The real thing causing wearing of the cuticle and breakage and issue with length retention is too much dryness. We can actually visibly see that having happened to real ppl and effecting their hair lengths and hair health.

The hygral fatigue thing is just a theory like any other, imo. And so far I have seen no actual person with 4c hair complain their hair is so moisturized that it fell out of their head, in fact, now you have an example of the exact opposite. DC for 3 months straight 24 hours a day helped me grow back a bald spot, grew out of my hair stronger than before and coiling from root to tip. I have naturally fine hair and this curl clumping has helped me further retain length. I will say this as many times as I need to.

moisture is ideal for tightly coily hair, period. So keep up the DC, you are doing great. I don't hear those ppl getting max hydration in their coils so I'm not taking their opinion into account with solid visible, positive results and experience. Hope that helped.

pinke  i literally love the way you always answer to questions. First of all because you always start  with YOU ARE WELCOME! it is such a nice way to answer questions. it just mean you understand us, and that you are patient. and this is AWESOME! I  know that you have so many questions every day, I truly appreciate the way you deal with it. and yes I needed to tell you this. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

a few days Ago I tried to understand your answer to my question about moisture overload etc... but I couldn´t . It was just too complicated to me and I was just thinking" mmhh does this make any sense or am I the peron, who is not getting the message" So I couldn´t answer. Today I read it again and I got everything! I really understand what you mean now... and I think I have my answer to those people Big smile. MY ENDS STOPPED TINING AND I HAVE LESS BREAKAGE/PRETTY MUCH ONLY SHED HAIR PLUS MY MOISTURE RETENTION LEVEL IS HIGHER THAN BEFORE.  IT HAS ONLY BEEN 2 WEEKS NEARLY 3 AND I SEE PROGRESS BECAUSE MY ENDS ARE NOT DRY ANYMORE. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krauseschoenheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 10:22pm

hI curlies,
 I have a question  . has anyone experienced itchy scalp?  Is there a problem to skip the clay step? I feel like the hair will not be completely clean.... what do you think?  <my scalp is itchy >Today is thursday. I did the full regimen yesterday and then twisted my hair and went to bed with wet hair. Today my hair and scalp was feeling really dry. since I bought the kckt I clarfied with ACV(30 min) and warm water in order to help the conditioner directly  penetrate the strands and rinse out the gel from last night. then I applied the kckt and gel to seal in the moisture. but right now about 20 hours later my scalp is itching every where. I know I have to wash my hair again, because I am seeing build up at some places. and I am also happy to do it because I have pretty much all MHM friendly products yet. But hey has anyone experienced itchy scalp?  Is there a problem to skip the clay step? I feel like the hair will not be completely clean.... what do you think? 

My order question is for the curlies who use bentonite clay is it the same as kaolin or white clay? I cannot find the bentonite clay in the local stores
Use the clay you can find, that is absolutely fine. But the clay step is very important. Your hair will not be completely clarified if you do not do it, plus it is helpful in lifting cuticles to absorb moisture. So yes, maybe your problem was that you skipped the clay step. Especially that you used the acv rinse, skipping the clay step will not be beneficial. I think you will get a much better feeling on your hair once you start applying the entire regimen. You may also want to experiment with the bakingsoda step. There are 2 versions now and the version that will help you save conditioner is on page 127. The other is on page 72. HTH Big smile

tHANK YOU PINKECUBE 
I still get negative comments about the fact that deep conditioning over night is bad for the hair, or that it is not good for the long term, that it weakens the protein in our hair. what would you say to this?Shocked I just to shut their mouth for ever Angry
I started the regimen 2 weeks ago, and I always deep condition over night when I do the  normal full regimen(the only regimen I tried so far). I don´t see deep conditioning over night as a bad thing. My hair is able to stay moisturized 2 days and I appreciate it. How was it for you ? did you experienced fragile hair from deep conditioning overnight? what should I say to answer to those comments? It is really annoying me. 
I plan to try the deep conditioning over night at least 25 times before I start something else...like warm conditioner or steamer(which I don´t have).

Hi Krauseschoenheit, you're welcome.Smile DC/GHE is not unhealthy for hair, that's a complete fable. In fact, I have GHE'd 24 hours a day for 3 months straight to deal with a bald spot I had for almost a year. With that, my hair grew 1.5 inches, and this was 4c hair, it grew out of my scalp curling from root to tip. So the DC makes you bald is a lie. It is not bad, it is extremely healthy for the hair.

Moisture overload can't happen with DC it happens if you were dcing or even just using a product that was going to absorb and or build up stubbornly in and on your hair. we avoid those products. So you won't get moisture overload. As for the protein loss, you are keeping your hair in a moist state, not going from moist, allowing your hair to completely dry out, and then get moist again. Which would be building up moisture to high levels of retention, and letting them go all the way down and then pulling them back up, repeatedly, like everyday.

So it cannot happen with this method, and I don't think it can happen to low porosity hair anyway as our hair resists loosing and receiving moisture. Even if it could, there are ppl with high porosity hair who wash their hair nearly all the time, no issue. The real thing causing wearing of the cuticle and breakage and issue with length retention is too much dryness. We can actually visibly see that having happened to real ppl and effecting their hair lengths and hair health.

The hygral fatigue thing is just a theory like any other, imo. And so far I have seen no actual person with 4c hair complain their hair is so moisturized that it fell out of their head, in fact, now you have an example of the exact opposite. DC for 3 months straight 24 hours a day helped me grow back a bald spot, grew out of my hair stronger than before and coiling from root to tip. I have naturally fine hair and this curl clumping has helped me further retain length. I will say this as many times as I need to.

moisture is ideal for tightly coily hair, period. So keep up the DC, you are doing great. I don't hear those ppl getting max hydration in their coils so I'm not taking their opinion into account with solid visible, positive results and experience. Hope that helped.

pinke  i literally love the way you always answer to questions. First of all because you always start  with YOU ARE WELCOME! it is such a nice way to answer questions. it just mean you understand us, and that you are patient. and this is AWESOME! I  know that you have so many questions every day, I truly appreciate the way you deal with it. and yes I needed to tell you this. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

a few days Ago I tried to understand your answer to my question about moisture overload etc... but I couldn´t . It was just too complicated to me and I was just thinking" mmhh does this make any sense or am I the peron, who is not getting the message" So I couldn´t answer. Today I read it again and I got everything! I really understand what you mean now... and I think I have my answer to those people Big smile. MY ENDS STOPPED TINING AND I HAVE LESS BREAKAGE/PRETTY MUCH ONLY SHED HAIR PLUS MY MOISTURE RETENTION LEVEL IS HIGHER THAN BEFORE.  IT HAS ONLY BEEN 2 WEEKS NEARLY 3 AND I SEE PROGRESS BECAUSE MY ENDS ARE NOT DRY ANYMORE. 

PLEASE EXCUSE MY BAD ENGLISH: I am more  french speaker than english even with sisters speaking english around.

I watched chary jay video and was happy to be happy for her. I mean months before I would envy her and her hair, and worry about my hair issues. But hey Now that I have this method I am happy with my hair because I see my moisture level becoming better. I know I will get to that point maybe in 6 months or more But hey I LOVE MY HAIR MORE THAN BEFORE  because my issues have Issues lol if this makes any sense. I am now enjoying watching youtube videos just as at the beginning of my journey!!

what are your thoughts about that video??

I also see that the next trend in the naturalhair community will be the wash n go... maybe because it is summer, but every popular blogger or youtube partner is doing a wash n go post or video... Am I really the only one to see this? But the best of the best  is this regimen!!! for kinky hair wash n go Clap. may god remember you on this!!

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 11:25pm
Max Hydration Method DUPE VIDEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNRoYZDKWFc

this youtuber, https://www.youtube.com/user/markquisha/featured

is the stylist in the video.

She has taken techniques from MHM and is acting like they are her own. She is basically repeating information on the forum, yet no credit was given. this is really promblematic and how these bigger youtubers take advantage of small people and try to steal ideas with out given any credit. then they get popular from it and all the hard work done by the one who actually did it sees no eyes. It has happened before.

If you guys can, please comment on this video and let these people know that all the information the stylist was talking about in the video she has taken from the max hydration method, and gave no credit. tell them to look up Max hydration method on youtube, instagram, pintrest, google, facebook, the naturalhavenbloom, black hair media forum and let people know that they should come to us, support the people who actually came up with the idea. a link to a youtuber doing the method would be helpful. Don't be angry but let ppl know in a way they will want to check MHM out. Thanks guys if you do this, i will really , really appreciate this.

Edited by pinkecube - Jul 16 2014 at 11:25pm
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 12:42am

Max Hydration Method DUPE VIDEO

this youtuber, https://www.youtube.com/user/markquisha/featured

She has taken techniques from MHM and is acting like they are her own. She is basically repeating information on the forum, yet no credit was given.this is really promblematic and how these bigger youtubers take advantage of small people and try to steal ideas with out given any credit. then they get popular from it and all the hard work done by the one who actually did it sees no eyes. It has happened before.

If you guys can, please comment on this video and let these people know that all the information the stylist was talking about in the video she has taken from the max hydration method, and gave no credit. tell them to look up Max hydration method on youtube, instagram, pintrest, google, facebook, the naturalhavenbloom, black hair media forum and let people know that they should come to us, support the people who actually came up with the idea. a link to a youtuber doing the method would be helpful. Don't be angry but let ppl know in a way they will want to check MHM out. Thanks guys if you do this, i will really , really appreciate this. 

Hi everyone, I just wanted to add to what Pinke has said...if there is anything you want to do for MHM or Pinke please go and help direct people to her or to this forum. It is very frustrating that she has worked so hard in order to let more people know about this and a lot of youtubers simply ignored her or turned her down. The least that can be done is to give her the proper credit for all the wealth of information that she has provided. So PLEASE go show your support by leaving a comment on the video. Thank everyone for your continued support and contribution to this forum and to MHM. I wish you all a wonderful MHM journey.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 12:43am

this youtuber, https://www.youtube.com/user/markquisha/featured

She has taken techniques from MHM and is acting like they are her own. She is basically repeating information on the forum, yet no credit was given.this is really promblematic and how these bigger youtubers take advantage of small people and try to steal ideas with out given any credit. then they get popular from it and all the hard work done by the one who actually did it sees no eyes. It has happened before.

If you guys can, please comment on this video and let these people know that all the information the stylist was talking about in the video she has taken from the max hydration method, and gave no credit. tell them to look up Max hydration method on youtube, instagram, pintrest, google, facebook, the naturalhavenbloom, black hair media forum and let people know that they should come to us, support the people who actually came up with the idea. a link to a youtuber doing the method would be helpful. Don't be angry but let ppl know in a way they will want to check MHM out. Thanks guys if you do this, i will really , really appreciate this. 

Hi everyone, I just wanted to add to what Pinke has said...if there is anything you want to do for MHM or Pinke please go and help direct people to her or to this forum. It is very frustrating that she has worked so hard in order to let more people know about this and a lot of youtubers simply ignored her or turned her down. The least that can be done is to give her the proper credit for all the wealth of information that she has provided. So PLEASE go show your support by leaving a comment on the video. Thanks everyone for your continued support and contribution to this forum and to MHM. I wish you all a wonderful MHM journey.

Edited by msdeekay - Jul 17 2014 at 12:48am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote krauseschoenheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 2:59am

this youtuber,  https://www.youtube.com/user/markquisha/featured - https://www.youtube.com/user/markquisha/featured

Hi everyone, I just wanted to add to what Pinke has said...if there is anything you want to do for MHM or Pinke please go and help direct people to her or to this forum. It is very frustrating that she has worked so hard in order to let more people know about this and a lot of youtubers simply ignored her or turned her down. The least that can be done is to give her the proper credit for all the wealth of information that she has provided. So PLEASE go show your support by leaving a comment on the video. Thank everyone for your continued support and contribution to this forum and to MHM. I wish you all a wonderful MHM journey.

I totally agree with you!!!!!!

curlymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote curlymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 4:20am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNRoYZDKWFc - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNRoYZDKWFc

this youtuber,  https://www.youtube.com/user/markquisha/featured - https://www.youtube.com/user/markquisha/featured

I started watching this vid and thought hey she's just saying common sense natural hair care and then she mentioned max hydration method and I was shocked to hear she didn't talk about how she'd found out about it which would make a viewer think she'd coined it! She then goes on to put oil after the gel and talks about leaving the hair as a wash and go for several days.... viewers would see this and not know the real method and think they could do the same and get results like chary...

I'm so disappointed that yet again credit is not given where it's due. I really hope you find a way of keeping the vultures from your fruits of your labour because it just takes someone with deeper pockets to take it away from you.

It just goes to show that what we always say about DOING YOUR RESEARCH is true here. I hope Chary's viewers do their research and find the real method and not rely on rouges!
curlymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 4:25am
I wanted to check I have the timings for the first 3 steps right - can someone look over this and tell me if I'm doing it right

1. Clarify - BS & Conditioner & water - leave in 30-60mins
2. Condition - if doing this in the day 1hr with heat cap - if in the night then overnight
3. Clay - leave in min 15mins

thanks!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style