Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 154155156157158 289>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ysadoralacquers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ysadoralacquers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2014 at 9:05pm

I didn’t mean to imply that MHM didn’t work.  I was just venting because the process was so tedious for me. Embarrassed I have seen progress, I'm just impatient.  I guess I’m used to using oils so my hair seemed very dry and the shrinkage annoyed me.  I have always had that problem.  My hair is very low porosity and dense so I know it may take a while.  My hair is still very light and has little weight to it so I am not retaining a lot of moisture. I have noticed that I have a lot more sheen and my coils are softer and more uniform.  I have been towel drying my hair after the mask so I will stop.  I tried splitting up the process but I couldn’t sleep well with the plastic and wet hair and my scalp itched like crazy.

Sponsored Links

Christine UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 1:28am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by Loves2Laugh Loves2Laugh wrote:

Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Originally posted by Loves2Laugh Loves2Laugh wrote:

MsDeekay.  Sorry, I couldn’t post anything else after I did the clay mask, but  this was the message I was supposed to send:

Thx MsDeekay. I'm just doing the clay step now (I was interrupted before when I was just about to start). I'm using heat so I'll report back afterwards.

UPDATE:

Using heat with the clay step seemed to work well. My hair didn’t feel stripped and it felt surprisingly soft afterwards. I was able to detangle easily using a comb and no other product.  I know you’re not supposed to with MHM but curl definition isn’t high on my list of priorities right now. Plus I’ve had setbacks due to neglecting my hair recently plus the issue caused JBCO – lots of tangling, shedding and fusing – so I want to make sure I get rid of all of that before I rely on finger detangling alone.

Anyhoo, here’s the recipe I used which is based on Pinke’s:

- Over 50mls of Rhassoul

- 250 mls of purified water (unheated)

- 1 tablespoon of olive oil

- 1 tablespoon of honey

- 3-5 drops  Argan Oil

- 3-5  Jojoba Oil

Thanks for the update loves2laugh hope you get rid of all your issues soon enough. I just wanted to add my own personal view about the whole curl definition thing in relation to MHM. I'm saying this here because I know there are a lot of lurkers out there who are confusing the goals of this regimen. Most people think that the whole purpose of this regimen is to get type 4 hair to pop, like other hair types. That we are so obsessed with having curl definition. Curl definition is great and all and I dont think there is anything particularly wrong with wanting to see your own natural texture.

But most importantly IMO the regimen helps build moisture levels which in return results in us being able to see our natural curl/coil pattern. Therefore the curl/coil pattern is a benefit/perk of having hydrated healthy hair.

I don't remember who, but someone mentioned that Frizz is a curl waiting to happen, that really resonated with me. My end goal with this regimen is to achieve healthy, hydrated hair and as a result I know I will be able to see my hair's true texture when properly moisturized. In this condition I will have more versatility with my hair.

We have seen our hair in a dehydrated state for so long that we are conditioned to think that there is no other conditions or states of our hair. That that is the only way. I know it will take a while for people to wrap their heads around this concept but I hope more people will look closely into the regimen and the explanations and really try to understand it rather than passing it off as a quick way to get curl definition. Because it is really deeper than that. It is about healthy hair, moisturized hair. Healthy hair = Good hair.

Sorry for the long message, this is not particularly directed to you loves2laugh I just wanted to clarify this for anyone else lurking and who doesnt understand what we are trying to achieve with this regimen.

ITA. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want curl definition because I do. However, I’m quite laid back about it, esp compared to how I was before, because I now believe the curls will come with improved hair health (max hydration) and good hair practices. That’s why achieving curl definition isn’t high on my list of priorities right now, but achieving  a decrease in shedding, and tangling - and achieving  softness through moisturisation are. After all, what’s the point of having perfectly max hydrated curls that blow in the wind if you only have 3 hairs on your head?! LOL

LOL It's good that you got those left over sheds out. It's actually something I recommended to people starting. Take one day to really detangle your hair and get rid of sheds, and then all you have to do is maintain that and it will get easier. Try not to wear your hair loose under GHE, don't stretch the style to long before washing it out and getting out shed hairs.

@Pinke
@MsDee Kay

I'm liking the sound of using heat during the clay step.  What do you think about it?  Dry heat with a shower cap or loose hair with steam(assuming this would be messy!). 

curlymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 6:35am
Hi ChristineUK - I might be wrong but is clay not more effective when it dries (as it draws the impurities to the surface). Putting a shower cap on might keep the mixture from drying although adding heat may speed it up but not sure if there is any benefit to doing this. I'm sure pinke can clarify :)
tyniagf1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyniagf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 7:41am
Hi all, I wanted to know how long does it take before you start seeing clumping? Do i need to maybe do something extra or more? I honestly have to admit that i dont really do too much separating during the clay process. Is this why maybe i am not seeing clumping? I am however seeing nice curls forming. Tomorrow will make one month since i started the regimen. I have been able to elevate the crunch. Not sure if it is due to just repeating the regimen like Pinkecube stated or if it is because i switched from KKNT to Tresemme. Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.
curlymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote curlymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 8:12am
So Day 1 is complete and I just wanted to share a pic - I'm pleased with the results but think I'll need to tweak my flaxseed gel. I may have overcooked it - is that possible? It's very gunky and not easy to work with. I bought some marshmallow root so will use that also.

I'm feeling exhausted thinking about doing it all over again this evening but I'm thinking of the end goal!

ysadoralacquers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ysadoralacquers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 9:03am
Originally posted by curlymama curlymama wrote:

I'm feeling exhausted thinking about doing it all over again this evening but I'm thinking of the end goal!

I know the feeling.  I think I will do the Cherry Lola (original since I don't have old bananas) and the MHM.  I took yesterday off.  Too tired Sleepy
jlstone2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlstone2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 10:52am
Question, can you use a detangling brush along with your fingers during the deep condition and detangle section of the method?  I never seem to be able to detangle my 4c tresses well I'm left with shed hairs that tangle.
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 12:40pm
Still doing version 2 and I really am liking it. I still DC once a week and my hair is growing crazy fast. I don't like the alternate baking soda mixture because its way too runny and smells weird LOL, so im going to stick to condish/BS

pinke have you thought about  adding a little BS in the clay mixture? Or would that be too stripping
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by kaforres kaforres wrote:

@aharri23, I remember you saying awhile back that the green tea curl glaze made your hair hard/crunchy.  Do you have any advice on how to use it without making you hair crunchy?  Did you water it down, if so what were your measurements.  Today will be day 4 doing the MHM and I don't want hard/crunchy hair.  I would like to have @pinkecube results, soft and flowing. Thanks for the help!
GCTG made my hair hard 1st day but 2nd and 3rd day hair I was fine. I actually like the crunch because it means the moisture is sealed in and my hair wont tangle. If you want less crunch use more leave-in conditioner or layer a small amount of oil before adding the gel
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2014 at 3:42pm
I'm still doing the regimen 2 to 3 times a week. Not seeing much of a change yet. Last week I realized I need to shingle and finger combb my hair for about 20 minutes when I apply the conditioner to start training my hair to lay down. Doing it at the mud step is too late. I am hoping that even though my hair doesn't look any more defined that it is hydrating.

I don't have any definition now so I am going to try a wng the second weekend in august.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 154155156157158 289>
  Share Topic