Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151152153154155 276>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by bnb4dark bnb4dark wrote:

Thanks, I can't wait to get all my stuff together and try the Max Hydration Method.
#maxhydrationmethod

< ="cosymantecnisbfw" co="cs" id="SILOBFWID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;">
you're welcome bnb4dark. welcome to the mhm journeySmile
Sponsored Links

nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 11:28pm
   I just tried the original MHM method using the baking soda clarify instead of the ACV. I think my hair likes this version better, but I plan to alternate. This is my fourth time. The first two, I stretched for five days in between. This is the second time since I big chopped on Monday. This stretch was for three days. And I did the modified cherry lola right after big chopping and deep conditioned overnight. Then proceeded with the clay mask and leave in and gel (I use flax seed gel.  This time I added pectin to it to make the texture more gel and less slime, lol.)
   Finger detangling is easier this time. I am still amazed that I don't have to comb my hair but am petrified of developing locks and matting.....but so far so goodLOL. I don't seem to be losing much hair at all. I am running my fingers from root to tip through my hair as I would a comb....and I lost maybe twenty strands this time from my entire head. I have about six inches of hair (when stretched) and I can't explain it....it's good. I can see MUCH less frizz when wet.....and more curls/coils. I am still tweaking my gel....it was crunchy this last time, but I may add more oil on top of it this time. All I can say is wow. I am falling in love with my hair again....the way I did the first time I big chopped. 
    I really want to let my daughter's hair hang loose, but I am afraid. I do the method with a five day stretch on her with GHE sessions or a rinse/leave-in/ oil seal in between. I am trying to get up the nerve to let her hair be free, but I can't do the entire process on her every three days. She has long, thick hair......just as thick as mine but much longer. I keep it in "kinky twists" (her hair only....no extensions) to cut down on tangling and reduce the need for styling, especially when I am so busy and she goes to kindergarten soon. 

I do Have one question. Since I am using the Pinke's original method, can I use the modified baking soda clarify the does not include conditioner? I have to get my hands on a big bottle of this approved Tresseme conditioner because I am burning through my Trader Joe's....and I have to order it because I am not near the actual store. I want to try the KKNT but that little bottle and my big head+my daughter= no bueno for my pockets. 

Pinkecube, Thank you. You don't know how much this is helping people. I was starting over again and you gave me the info and the ability to do it right this time. I never believed my hair could look like this without loads of Ecostyler in it. I didn't think my daughter's hair could behave the way it is behaving....and we aren't even fully hydrated yet! Thank you, Pinke!!!!!StarStarStar

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 1:30am
Originally posted by nicks_hotmama06 nicks_hotmama06 wrote:

I just tried the original MHM method using the baking soda clarify instead of the ACV. I think my hair likes this version better, but I plan to alternate. This is my fourth time. The first two, I stretched for five days in between. This is the second time since I big chopped on Monday. This stretch was for three days. And I did the modified cherry lola right after big chopping and deep conditioned overnight. Then proceeded with the clay mask and leave in and gel (I use flax seed gel.  This time I added pectin to it to make the texture more gel and less slime, lol.)
   Finger detangling is easier this time. I am still amazed that I don't have to comb my hair but am petrified of developing locks and matting.....but so far so goodLOL. I don't seem to be losing much hair at all. I am running my fingers from root to tip through my hair as I would a comb....and I lost maybe twenty strands this time from my entire head. I have about six inches of hair (when stretched) and I can't explain it....it's good. I can see MUCH less frizz when wet.....and more curls/coils. I am still tweaking my gel....it was crunchy this last time, but I may add more oil on top of it this time. All I can say is wow. I am falling in love with my hair again....the way I did the first time I big chopped. 
    I really want to let my daughter's hair hang loose, but I am afraid. I do the method with a five day stretch on her with GHE sessions or a rinse/leave-in/ oil seal in between. I am trying to get up the nerve to let her hair be free, but I can't do the entire process on her every three days. She has long, thick hair......just as thick as mine but much longer. I keep it in "kinky twists" (her hair only....no extensions) to cut down on tangling and reduce the need for styling, especially when I am so busy and she goes to kindergarten soon. 

I do Have one question. Since I am using the Pinke's original method, can I use the modified baking soda clarify the does not include conditioner? I have to get my hands on a big bottle of this approved Tresseme conditioner because I am burning through my Trader Joe's....and I have to order it because I am not near the actual store. I want to try the KKNT but that little bottle and my big head+my daughter= no bueno for my pockets. 

Pinkecube, Thank you. You don't know how much this is helping people. I was starting over again and you gave me the info and the ability to do it right this time. I never believed my hair could look like this without loads of Ecostyler in it. I didn't think my daughter's hair could behave the way it is behaving....and we aren't even fully hydrated yet! Thank you, Pinke!!!!!StarStarStar

Hi Nicks_hotmama,

Glad your happy with your results with the bakingsoda rinse, yes anyone can use the alternated bakingsoda rinse on page 127. It works fine. Thanks for the update about your progress and with  finger detangling, good to hear you are enjoying your hair more because of this method.

For your daughter I'd suggest if you know you can't do the whole process every 3 days, you can do it, let her wear her hair out once a week for 3 days, give her a normal cowash leave in and seal and go back to the twists for the rest of the week. That way she can wear her hair loose, but still you can prevent the issue that will occur if you go longer than 3 days with a wash and go. HTH

You're welcome, nicks_hotmama, having so many look at their hair in a new light because of everything that is being shared here inspires me as well. I feel so grateful to be able to contribute positively to you guys, I know this is so needed for us. It is making me happy to be here and continue helping Big smileSmile
krauseschoenheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote krauseschoenheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by krauseschoenheit krauseschoenheit wrote:

hI curlies,
 I have a question  . has anyone experienced itchy scalp?  Is there a problem to skip the clay step? I feel like the hair will not be completely clean.... what do you think?  <my scalp is itchy >Today is thursday. I did the full regimen yesterday and then twisted my hair and went to bed with wet hair. Today my hair and scalp was feeling really dry. since I bought the kckt I clarfied with ACV(30 min) and warm water in order to help the conditioner directly  penetrate the strands and rinse out the gel from last night. then I applied the kckt and gel to seal in the moisture. but right now about 20 hours later my scalp is itching every where. I know I have to wash my hair again, because I am seeing build up at some places. and I am also happy to do it because I have pretty much all MHM friendly products yet. But hey has anyone experienced itchy scalp?  Is there a problem to skip the clay step? I feel like the hair will not be completely clean.... what do you think? 

My order question is for the curlies who use bentonite clay is it the same as kaolin or white clay? I cannot find the bentonite clay in the local stores
Use the clay you can find, that is absolutely fine. But the clay step is very important. Your hair will not be completely clarified if you do not do it, plus it is helpful in lifting cuticles to absorb moisture. So yes, maybe your problem was that you skipped the clay step. Especially that you used the acv rinse, skipping the clay step will not be beneficial. I think you will get a much better feeling on your hair once you start applying the entire regimen. You may also want to experiment with the bakingsoda step. There are 2 versions now and the version that will help you save conditioner is on page 127. The other is on page 72. HTH Big smile

tHANK YOU PINKECUBE 
I still get negative comments about the fact that deep conditioning over night is bad for the hair, or that it is not good for the long term, that it weakens the protein in our hair. what would you say to this?Shocked I just to shut their mouth for ever Angry
I started the regimen 2 weeks ago, and I always deep condition over night when I do the  normal full regimen(the only regimen I tried so far). I don´t see deep conditioning over night as a bad thing. My hair is able to stay moisturized 2 days and I appreciate it. How was it for you ? did you experienced fragile hair from deep conditioning overnight? what should I say to answer to those comments? It is really annoying me. 
I plan to try the deep conditioning over night at least 25 times before I start something else...like warm conditioner or steamer(which I don´t have). 

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 3:12pm

hI curlies,
 I have a question  . has anyone experienced itchy scalp?  Is there a problem to skip the clay step? I feel like the hair will not be completely clean.... what do you think?  <my scalp is itchy >Today is thursday. I did the full regimen yesterday and then twisted my hair and went to bed with wet hair. Today my hair and scalp was feeling really dry. since I bought the kckt I clarfied with ACV(30 min) and warm water in order to help the conditioner directly  penetrate the strands and rinse out the gel from last night. then I applied the kckt and gel to seal in the moisture. but right now about 20 hours later my scalp is itching every where. I know I have to wash my hair again, because I am seeing build up at some places. and I am also happy to do it because I have pretty much all MHM friendly products yet. But hey has anyone experienced itchy scalp?  Is there a problem to skip the clay step? I feel like the hair will not be completely clean.... what do you think? 

My order question is for the curlies who use bentonite clay is it the same as kaolin or white clay? I cannot find the bentonite clay in the local stores
Use the clay you can find, that is absolutely fine. But the clay step is very important. Your hair will not be completely clarified if you do not do it, plus it is helpful in lifting cuticles to absorb moisture. So yes, maybe your problem was that you skipped the clay step. Especially that you used the acv rinse, skipping the clay step will not be beneficial. I think you will get a much better feeling on your hair once you start applying the entire regimen. You may also want to experiment with the bakingsoda step. There are 2 versions now and the version that will help you save conditioner is on page 127. The other is on page 72. HTH Big smile

tHANK YOU PINKECUBE 
I still get negative comments about the fact that deep conditioning over night is bad for the hair, or that it is not good for the long term, that it weakens the protein in our hair. what would you say to this?Shocked I just to shut their mouth for ever Angry
I started the regimen 2 weeks ago, and I always deep condition over night when I do the  normal full regimen(the only regimen I tried so far). I don´t see deep conditioning over night as a bad thing. My hair is able to stay moisturized 2 days and I appreciate it. How was it for you ? did you experienced fragile hair from deep conditioning overnight? what should I say to answer to those comments? It is really annoying me. 
I plan to try the deep conditioning over night at least 25 times before I start something else...like warm conditioner or steamer(which I don´t have).

Hi Krauseschoenheit, you're welcome.Smile DC/GHE is not unhealthy for hair, that's a complete fable. In fact, I have GHE'd 24 hours a day for 3 months straight to deal with a bald spot I had for almost a year. With that, my hair grew 1.5 inches, and this was 4c hair, it grew out of my scalp curling from root to tip. So the DC makes you bald is a lie. It is not bad, it is extremely healthy for the hair.

Moisture overload can't happen with DC it happens if you were dcing or even just using a product that was going to absorb and or build up stubbornly in and on your hair. we avoid those products. So you won't get moisture overload. As for the protein loss, you are keeping your hair in a moist state, not going from moist, allowing your hair to completely dry out, and then get moist again. Which would be building up moisture to high levels of retention, and letting them go all the way down and then pulling them back up, repeatedly, like everyday.

So it cannot happen with this method, and I don't think it can happen to low porosity hair anyway as our hair resists loosing and receiving moisture. Even if it could, there are ppl with high porosity hair who wash their hair nearly all the time, no issue. The real thing causing wearing of the cuticle and breakage and issue with length retention is too much dryness. We can actually visibly see that having happened to real ppl and effecting their hair lengths and hair health.

The hygral fatigue thing is just a theory like any other, imo. And so far I have seen no actual person with 4c hair complain their hair is so moisturized that it fell out of their head, in fact, now you have an example of the exact opposite. DC for 3 months straight 24 hours a day helped me grow back a bald spot, grew out of my hair stronger than before and coiling from root to tip. I have naturally fine hair and this curl clumping has helped me further retain length. I will say this as many times as I need to.

moisture is ideal for tightly coily hair, period. So keep up the DC, you are doing great. I don't hear those ppl getting max hydration in their coils so I'm not taking their opinion into account with solid visible, positive results and experience. Hope that helped.

Edited by pinkecube - Jul 13 2014 at 3:13pm
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 6:40pm
@pinkecube do you have a list of MHM approved oils? I'm trying to find out if argan oil and jojoba oil is ok to use with this regimen. Also how is the Tresemme naturals approved when it still has ingredients that I wouldn't want anywhere near my scalp? It still have plastics, formaldehyde derivative ingredients & salts in it?
Cottony Curls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Cottony Curls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 7:07pm
Hello everyone, just wanted to say thanks for all the wonderful information posted about the maximum hydration method. I have been faithfully following the maximum hydration method for the last 2 weeks and am happy with my progress so far. I also wanted to give a shout out to anyone to keep an eye out and  please visit The Natural Haven's Maximum Hydration article. There are readers still asking questions and I don't want to give the wrong information. One reader lamented how the MHM was an epic fail for her. Also, concerns about the maximum hydration method also popped up on the Baking Soda and ACV article posted on BGLH . There's a lot of misinformation floating around and I'd hate to see this method get sucked up in there with that.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

@pinkecube do you have a list of MHM approved oils? I'm trying to find out if argan oil and jojoba oil is ok to use with this regimen. Also how is the Tresemme naturals approved when it still has ingredients that I wouldn't want anywhere near my scalp? It still have plastics, formaldehyde derivative ingredients & salts in it?
Oils are fine, just avoid glycerin, mineral oil and coconut oil for many low porosity's are a no go.

Water (Aqua); Cetearyl Alcohol; Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine; Behentrimonium Chloride; Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer; Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract; Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract; Fragrance; Dipropylene Glycol; Potassium Chloride; Lactic Acid; Disodium EDTA; DMDM Hydantoin; PEG-150 Distearate; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Lauroyl Lysine; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone

The problem ingredients bolded are futher down the list and don't include the more problematic ingredients like glycerin, panthenol, hydrolyzed protein, and drying alcohols. The formaldehyde from the Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone is something you ae going to have to choose to avoid, because I can't legitimately say it effect moisture retention and some people won't care about it being potentially toxic. The tresseme doesn't have plastics in it though, like acrylates, silicones, and polyquats.

It has a couple quat salts in it and it's not ideal honestly to have them high up the list, but they are the kind easier to remove and we clarify so it isn't as pressing as silicones. It would be more of an issue if you tried only cowashing, so i'm a bit more lenient on them as long as there isn't 2 many. I still more highly recommend conditioners that are more ideal, (especially if you are 4c/4b) but not everyone can get them so this is as good as it gets, especially with conditioners.
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 8:03pm

Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

Oils are fine, just avoid glycerin, mineral oil and coconut oil for many low porosity's are a no go.

Water (Aqua); Cetearyl Alcohol; Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine; Behentrimonium Chloride; Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer; Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract; Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract; Fragrance; Dipropylene Glycol; Potassium Chloride; Lactic Acid; Disodium EDTA; DMDM Hydantoin; PEG-150 Distearate; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Lauroyl Lysine; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone

The problem ingredients bolded are futher down the list and don't include the more problematic ingredients like glycerin, panthenol, hydrolyzed protein, and drying alcohols. The formaldehyde from the Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone is something you ae going to have to choose to avoid, because I can't legitimately say it effect moisture retention and some people won't care about it being potentially toxic. The tresseme doesn't have plastics in it though, like acrylates, silicones, and polyquats.

It has a couple quat salts in it and it's not ideal honestly to have them high up the list, but they are the kind easier to remove and we clarify so it isn't as pressing as silicones. It would be more of an issue if you tried only cowashing, so i'm a bit more lenient on them as long as there isn't 2 many. I still more highly recommend conditioners that are more ideal, (especially if you are 4c/4b) but not everyone can get them so this is as good as it gets, especially with conditioners.
Thank u so much for answering my questions Wink. Glad to know I can use my argan oil Clap.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2014 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Cottony Curls Cottony Curls wrote:

Hello everyone, just wanted to say thanks for all the wonderful information posted about the maximum hydration method. I have been faithfully following the maximum hydration method for the last 2 weeks and am happy with my progress so far. I also wanted to give a shout out to anyone to keep an eye out and  please visit The Natural Haven's Maximum Hydration article. There are readers still asking questions and I don't want to give the wrong information. One reader lamented how the MHM was an epic fail for her. Also, concerns about the maximum hydration method also popped up on the Baking Soda and ACV article posted on BGLH . There's a lot of misinformation floating around and I'd hate to see this method get sucked up in there with that.
Hi cottony curls.Smile Welcome to MHM I'm glad you are liking your progressBig smile Thanks for the heads up, yes i've seen some of the comments.

Well I think if that user really tried the method, she would have come to the forum and asked questions. Tried to figure out if she was doing something wrong or making any short cuts, or expecting instantaneous results. Many ppl that have had issues have come here to ask questions to find out they aren't using the right product, doing something out of order, or need to tweak one little thing like making sure their hair is soaking wet. So I think if she actually tried it she would have reached out so we could determine. I think she already decided for herself the results she expected, instead of being open minded about it. That is what this post is for she knows where it is if she has tried the method.

We already know about Bakingsoda and Acv relaxing, and it's false info. That can be found on natural haven's site and more info as well on this post.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_post10900034.html?KW=Bakingsoda+granular#10900034

People are going to have to be reeducated, and not fall for the folklore. There are even things saying moisturizing your hair can damage the hair, so ppl seem to be taking things to the extreme and making broad generalizations and jumping to conclusions with them. That is the purpose of this, so the more challenge the better, as they are not bringing anything new or factual to the table, ppl will believe what makes the most sense.

I also saw another post which i'll address too. imo, Ppl seem to think type 4 hair is high porosity, due to the whole low porosity equals shine thing. when really, that is determined by how many kinks your hair has, not directly by your porosity. Many people do strand tests and are protein sensitive, and basically their hair falls in line with low porosity. If our hair was high porosity, we would absorb the moisture just fine, be done because our sealing in the moisture would be just enough for us to get max hydration doing what most of us have been doing. If our hair didn't have problems absorbing moisture-- because that is what porosity determines, your ability to absorb moisture-- our hair would not turn so white when we apply conditioner, our hair would not feel dry as if we never applied product even when we moisturize our hair and seal it in.

Edited by pinkecube - Jul 13 2014 at 8:17pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style