Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 146147148149150 288>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 12:54am
Originally posted by leatha2000 leatha2000 wrote:

thanks msdeekay for letting me know about the scarves. I am going to check out this video and the one on amazon.

You're welcome letha Big smile
Sponsored Links

krauseschoenheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krauseschoenheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 5:12am
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Originally posted by krauseschoenheit krauseschoenheit wrote:

Hi every one , 
 i am a newbie with the MHM. It has been 10 days since I started it, and so far  I have done the fullregimen  5 time, which means everyother Day. I start at night and finish it the next morning. then restart the following day at night. Is it okay if I do so  for a period of 2 weeks? I live in germany and it is not easy to find tresemme here. so I found a conditioner with these ingredientslist:

AQUA · GLYCERIN · CETEARYL ALCOHOL · ISOPROPYL PALMITATE · BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE · ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL · PARFUM · PANTHENOL · ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL · SODIUM BENZOATE · HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN · POTASSIUM SORBATE · CITRIC ACID.

Is it MHM friendly? I only use it with the baking soda to clarify every other wash day. I have bought a bottle of KCKT today and I am super excited to try it tonight. No none told me that it smellls so yummy. Here are the produts I use:
- baking soda and ACV
- german drugstore conditioner / Curly by nature conditioner  a UK brand( I only have 2 WASH DAY USE LEFT) / KCKT( came with the post today)
- flaxseed gel
- rhassoul clay

Hi krauseschoenheit, welcome to the mhm family great to see you here on the forum and looking forward to seeing your progress.

We have afrolistic who is also in Germany and AfroAngel in Austria. I'm personally based in Sweden right now. We discussed the options on Page 107 to 110 if you want to go back and read.

Basically we agreed that it is easier to get the products online. I suggested iherb that is my first option if I cant find something from there my next options are
you can also try britishcurlies/curlyemporium.uk 
and amazon.uk or .de
AfroAngels suggestion below:
Originally posted by Afro Angel Afro Angel wrote:

Hi Afrolistic, welcome to MHM regimen  I live in Austria and I also understand how difficult it is to get most of These products. The best Option is to Order online as msdeekay said but you can still get molasses from any health stores(Reform haus) around.It`s called 'MELASSÈ'in German just make sure it`s ZUckerrohrmelasse.
**** note that iherb` prices are low but has a shipping restrictions to Germany and Austria which is currently limited to Inter.Airmail,takes approx. 21 days , no tracking no, must be less than $80 and will weigh less than i814grams( no tracking , non refundable but reliable)
You can also check out the Kccc &kckt on megorgeous.nl their Prices are relatively low compared to Amazone.de

Then afrolistic also suggested http://locken-idol.com/ they have the mhm approved tresemme

As for the conditioner I can see some issues with it like glycerin, panthenol, and hydrolyzed wheat protein
AQUA · GLYCERIN · CETEARYL ALCOHOL · ISOPROPYL PALMITATE · BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE · ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL · PARFUM · PANTHENOL · ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL · SODIUM BENZOATE · HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN · POTASSIUM SORBATE · CITRIC ACID.

Glad you were able to get kcktBig smile

THANK  you so much msdeekay. i am going to check all the informations you gave me. aww
afrolistic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrolistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 5:38am
Hi ladies. The MHM is goin reali well for me. How do u guys deal with frizz. It drivin me insane. About the gel i now get slip if i dry enough but yall know kccc is too expensive so i cant apply it much to feel the slip. Im goin to try flaxseed gel. Anyone using it nd how is it compared to kccc
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 6:01am
msdeekay: KCKT = Kinky Curly Knot Today. I tried to edit the original post on my phone but it mucked up all the formatting. I'll have to sort it out on my laptop tonight.

ETA: I CAN’T EDIT THE ORIGINAL POST ANYMORE SO I’VE CLEANED UP THE FORMATTING & POSTED IT HERE IT IS AGAIN:

I used both the KCKT and Camille Rose Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (I think I might’ve been calling Whipped Cream Gel in my other posts! LOLSorry).

Kinky Curly Knot Today (KCKT)

I’m not really sure what I thought of this but my first impression isn’t encouraging. I used 1 part KCKT to 2 parts purified water. I don’t feel that it moisturised my hair – it didn’t feel as soft as after I rinsed out the clay. Also, I’ve no idea whether it was absorbed into my hair or not. However, I had hardly any white residue and I didn’t get any foaming, but there was a lot of slip. This is why I’m confused! One of the reviews I read pointed out that there’s no water in the ingredients so how can it be moisturising?! Next time I’ll dilute it as per Pinke’s instructions. Also, I may just try using the Camille Rose butter on its own.
Also I’m not a fan of the smell Confused

Camille Rose Aloe Whipped Butter Gel
I haven’t had the chance to give this a fair trial as my hair was already hard due to the KCKT. However, my first thoughts are that I quite like it. Even before I tried it it looked like it would absorb into my hair. It looks and feels more like a cream than a gel. I tried a little on third day hair and the area in which I applied it seemed softer until the next wash. The only thing is there were some reviews that said that people didn’t achieve shine with it on wash and goes. However, those same people said they did achieve shine with bantu knot outs, twist outs etc. Also, the hold is supposed to much softer too. But anyway, as I said I’ll have to experiment with the KCKT or use it on its own before I can make a proper decision.

However, my initial thoughts are that I prefer the Camille Rose, which is annoying because it costs more than the KCKT LOL. The Camille Rose Gel costs £20 w/o P&P and the KCKT costs £12.99 which I got on the ground.

@Rebecca: I got the KCKT from Beauty Queens Cosmetics in Dalston.

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Jul 11 2014 at 4:23am
DesiBbUK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DesiBbUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 7:06am
Hey MsDeeKay,

Thanks so much for sharing my MHM joy on social media - I agree it's so important to serve the underserved in our communities whether it's our hair, skin (mine is always dry), health, weight loss, life aspirations etc. We're all the same but different in many ways and it's important to let people know they're not alone.

I've got Clay mixture in my hair at the mo, and I'm using Super Fine Green Illite Clay (European) and will throw out the old Bentonite clay which actually expired in 2010!!!

Thanks so much for your best wishes and please let me know how I too can support the ebook, products, kickstarter and communities at a deeper level... I have a couple of ideas and will test them out and report back here later.

And will also report back on my continued experimentation on long vs short version, approved conditioners and gels (when I can get my hands on them!) and also any homemade recipes... It's becoming more evident on this natural hair journey that quite a few of us would probably benefit customised products & protocols. Smile

DB
tyniagf1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyniagf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 7:25am

Originally posted by tyniagf1 tyniagf1 wrote:

Hi, I wanted to know if there is an co-wash method to this regimen? If not do you think that is even possible? TIA

Hi tyniagf1, not quite understanding your question can you please explain? Do you mean a version of the method in which we cowash only? 

If that is what you mean then, no there isn't because the whole reason this regimen came about is due to the fact that the Curly Girl Method did not have clarifying methods and most people were not able to attain optimum results from co-washing
alone. 

That is why the two steps: clarifying step 1 ACV/baking soda and Step 3 clay rinse, were introduced into the method. It was determined that these two steps are very important for the curly girl method to work on Type 4 coarser/kinkier hair which is either low porosity or high porosity.

Ok thanks msdeekay. I was just trying to find a shorter option for during the week at least and then I could do the full regimen on the weekends. I tried the shorter version option 2 but the results seems different and I wasn't able to have second day hair. Thanks for the response.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 7:35am

Hi, I wanted to know if there is an co-wash method to this regimen? If not do you think that is even possible? TIA

Hi tyniagf1, not quite understanding your question can you please explain? Do you mean a version of the method in which we cowash only? 

If that is what you mean then, no there isn't because the whole reason this regimen came about is due to the fact that the Curly Girl Method did not have clarifying methods and most people were not able to attain optimum results from co-washing
alone. 

That is why the two steps: clarifying step 1 ACV/baking soda and Step 3 clay rinse, were introduced into the method. It was determined that these two steps are very important for the curly girl method to work on Type 4 coarser/kinkier hair which is either low porosity or high porosity.

Ok thanks msdeekay. I was just trying to find a shorter option for during the week at least and then I could do the full regimen on the weekends. I tried the shorter version option 2 but the results seems different and I wasn't able to have second day hair. Thanks for the response.

You're welcome, which option of the regimen are you doing now and how often are you doing it?
tyniagf1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyniagf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 8:19am

alone. 

You're welcome, which option of the regimen are you doing now and how often are you doing it?

I am doing the originally longer version tried option 2 but I think my hair still needs the dc treatment. I do all the steps at night go to sleep with wet hair, I will wear it the next morning to work, Bonnet that night rewet and shake the next morning wear it that day and then do it again that night, so is that considered two days? I was actually wondering about that. Do I count it as three or two?

Edited by tyniagf1 - Jul 10 2014 at 8:25am
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 10:40am
QUESTION PINKE or any admin: 
For the DC step of MHM I use my steamer for about 25-30 min b/c me and GHE don't get along. What if I use the steamer for like 10 min to refresh my 2nd & 3rd day mushed bedhead (instead of re-wetting in the shower as I have been doing)? I know steaming is very good for the hair but I've read too much steaming can be detrimental so even though I think this could be very helpful for my 4C low-po colored- treated hair, I don't want any setbacks towards #MH. Would just a 10 min refresh to revive my smushed TWA possibly be too much? NOTE: I redo MHM every 2nd or 3rd day (w/min 25 of steam during DC).
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 10:51am

alone. 

I am doing the originally longer version tried option 2 but I think my hair still needs the dc treatment. I do all the steps at night go to sleep with wet hair, I will wear it the next morning to work, Bonnet that night rewet and shake the next morning wear it that day and then do it again that night, so is that considered two days? I was actually wondering about that. Do I count it as three or two?

From my understanding, it counts as one COMPLETE time when you've finished ALL the steps in the regimen. For example. if you clarify, cowash/deep condish on Mon and finish with the clay, leave-in and gel on Tues.. that's one day. Tues was the day you completed the full regimen. I'm not sure about the alternate shorter Versions but I'm guessing the same thing would apply (when you finished ALL steps).
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 146147148149150 288>
  Share Topic