Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 282>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 1:05pm
It's day 2.

I'm on the clay part right now, which is my least favorite part. Since my hair gets so dry. LOL.
And I've noticed with the clay application my hair doesn't seem to get coated like I'm seeing everyone else's hair when they do the clay rinse. I'm not really sure why that is... Unless it's a porosity issue or the fact that my hair is dyed.

My hair is definitely tangling less so far. I didn't clip my hair last night, so I just put it up in a scrunchy pineappling, but I'll probably section my hair tonight this time.

My favorite part is adding the conditioner since it's so soothing and my hair loves that part, and it detangles sooo easily! 

I'm trying to make sure I take pictures as I do this 7 day daily start, so hopefully I'll have a lot to share afterwards and more in the future.Smile
Sponsored Links

nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 1:07pm
Is finger combing going to get easier?  I did big chop #2 Monday. I have 5-6 inches of hair. I have done the long version twice before (with a 5 day stretch between each time), but this is the first time I have done it without relaxed ends and with using the  the modified cherry lola treatment on the new growth. I detangled while cutting....but not again until I had conditioned overnight and still had conditioner in my hair.  I had to use my denman brush.....it was just too much...my ends seemed to have matted together. After detangling each section with my brush, raked my fingers through, and still met with resistance. Am I doing something wrong? Is finger detangling supposed to be so difficult? Is detangling with a comb or brush ever needed again?
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 1:08pm
Also, can anyone tells me what page the short method is on.
I might consider doing that after two/three weeks.
leatha2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leatha2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 1:13pm
underlay where did you purchase your satin scares from in your video. Also if I buy a satin scarf will the tag say it's satin? I can't find any satin scares especially the size that you have. All the ones I find says polyester.
leatha2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leatha2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 1:15pm
I meant msdeekay in reference to the scarves my auto correct just puts what it wants lol
krauseschoenheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krauseschoenheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 1:34pm
Hi every one , 
 i am a newbie with the MHM. It has been 10 days since I started it, and so far  I have done the fullregimen  5 time, which means everyother Day. I start at night and finish it the next morning. then restart the following day at night. Is it okay if I do so  for a period of 2 weeks? I live in germany and it is not easy to find tresemme here. so I found a conditioner with these ingredientslist:

AQUA · GLYCERIN · CETEARYL ALCOHOL · ISOPROPYL PALMITATE · BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE · ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL · PARFUM · PANTHENOL · ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL · SODIUM BENZOATE · HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN · POTASSIUM SORBATE · CITRIC ACID.

Is it MHM friendly? I only use it with the baking soda to clarify every other wash day. I have bought a bottle of KCKT today and I am super excited to try it tonight. No none told me that it smellls so yummy. Here are the produts I use:
- baking soda and ACV
- german drugstore conditioner / Curly by nature conditioner  a UK brand( I only have 2 WASH DAY USE LEFT) / KCKT( came with the post today)
- flaxseed gel
- rhassoul clay
krauseschoenheit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote krauseschoenheit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 2:19pm
What I love about this method is that my hair stays moisturized all day long, I only need to refresh it the next morning  with ONLY WATER and it stays soft and bouncy..... I love this method. I LOVE IT. It has only been 10 days since I am in. For the next 10 days I plan to let my hair rest, under a wig as recommended. just to help with moisture retention. @pinkecube @msdeekay2012 do you always wear a WnG after the regimen?  which recommendation do you have for me in this case? I will try to look if I can find answers to these on the blog.

Has anyone used flaxseed gel for the wash and go part? I always have products residue. I only use water and flaxseeds to mix the gel. what do you use to mix? I will try it tonight with the KCKT. I am getting bored with the white residue, and My wash and go´s look messy. I Still have a full bottle of the gel in the fridge. Broken Heart

DominicanMorenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by DominicanMorenita DominicanMorenita wrote:

HI.. How are you all doing? What page is the no no ingredients?
Hi Dominican Morenita, I'm doing well, hope ur good tooSmile Page 67 has the no-no ingredients
Thanks Pinke!
kaforres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaforres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by kaforres kaforres wrote:

Okay, sounds good. I just never heard of it before.  Maybe we should be able to get the MHM written about in the huffington post soon enough.

I finished day 1 of the MHM today.  I don't think I rinsed all of the caramel cherry lota treatment out of my hair yesterday because when I was detangling my hair after having the deep conditioner in all night I was finding random pieces of the ingredients in my hairAngry... But after I washed the conditioner out I think I was able to get it all out.  There was one thing I noticed this morning when I was detangling before I stepped in the shower, my hair felt strawlike which I thought was weird. I used TJTTT conditioner.  The clay step took me forever to do and I destroyed my bathroom, I didn't realize it was so messyLOL. I did not experience any dryness like others have complained of after the clay step, but I did put some watered down KCKT on the top section of my hair when I was rinsing it out. During steps 4 & 5 I don't think I watered down the KCKT enough because my hair looked kind of white while it was wet. My hair is still drying, so I don't know if the white residue will be showing once it drys...  I also think I may have applied too much gel. I am using the green tea curl glaze, and whoever said it was really runny, they were not lying! It seems like I lost most of my gel on the sink and floor Angry and I HATE wasting product! My hair feel a little crunchy in one section, but like I said, I think that is because I used to much gel.  Overall, I am not disappointed. It also took me an hour and a half to do steps 4 & 5, but I am sure with time that I will get faster! This is my first time dong a wash n go, I can't wait until I reach full hydration to see my results. @pinkecube you can post the pictures I sent you on here if you would like.  I will send you more pictures on day 7, hopefully I will see some fast results!  OAN: I still really don't know my textureErmm... Anyway, thanks for introducing this method.

This is Kaforres's first time results! ClapBig smileThumbs Up

Before(after taking out braids)

Untitled design(5)

After. MHM wash and go

Thanks @pinkecube for uploading the pics! I have a question I'm having problems with white residue during step 4 & 5 when my hair dries. You can also see it when my hair is wet.  I have watered down the KCKT to the point it looks like water in the applicator bottle and I am still getting white residue.  Do you think it could be from the gel? Also, will it be okay if I do this routine everyday even after day 7 because I know once I start back school I am not going to be able to do this routine as much. Thanks for your help!
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 4:25pm
MsDeekay.  Sorry, I couldn’t post anything else after I did the clay mask, but  this was the message I was supposed to send:

Thx MsDeekay. I'm just doing the clay step now (I was interrupted before when I was just about to start). I'm using heat so I'll report back afterwards.

UPDATE:

Using heat with the clay step seemed to work well. My hair didn’t feel stripped and it felt surprisingly soft afterwards. I was able to detangle easily using a comb and no other product.  I know you’re not supposed to with MHM but curl definition isn’t high on my list of priorities right now. Plus I’ve had setbacks due to neglecting my hair recently plus the issue caused JBCO – lots of tangling, shedding and fusing – so I want to make sure I get rid of all of that before I rely on finger detangling alone.

Anyhoo, here’s the recipe I used which is based on Pinke’s:

- Over 50mls of Rhassoul

- 250 mls of purified water (unheated)

- 1 tablespoon of olive oil

- 1 tablespoon of honey

- 3-5 drops  Argan Oil

- 3-5  Jojoba Oil

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair