Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 142143144145146 252>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 5:09am
Originally posted by nicks_hotmama06 nicks_hotmama06 wrote:

I have two questions....is the baking soda mix on page 131 for the clarifying step in all versions?
Any advice on keeping edges and nape moist during overnight conditioning? I am using 2 bags (my head is big) but my sideburns and nape are a problem....TIA

Yes I believe that mixture can be used in all versions of MHM. 

What I to prevent my bag from slipping away from my edges is I bring it down to my forehad and then tie my scarf above it. HTH
Sponsored Links

msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 5:13am
Originally posted by leatha2000 leatha2000 wrote:

hi to all hanging out in the forum. I wanted to know did anyone order the tresemme from walgreens online yet? I was going to but the the description says with orange and it doesn't have the lemongrass added in the description. Is this still the old formula or the new formula?

The one without lemongrass is the old formula

Here are the ingredients for the approved formula:

Water (Aqua); Cetearyl Alcohol; Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine; Behentrimonium Chloride; Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer; Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract; Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract; Fragrance; Dipropylene Glycol; Potassium Chloride; Lactic Acid; Disodium EDTA; DMDM Hydantoin; PEG-150 Distearate; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Lauroyl Lysine; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone.

msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 5:23am
Originally posted by Loves2Laugh Loves2Laugh wrote:

Can you use a comb to style your hair with MHM – not to detangle or get rid of shed hair. I was wondering if I could gently try to comb out the curls a little to get more of a curly afro effect and to make my hair look fuller. I have a wide-tooth, seamless, hand-made 'bone' comb BTW. Has any one ever tried this?   Or would it work if I used my fingers instead?

Also, when you apply conditioner after the clay step, do you rinse quickly afterwards, or do you let it sit or DC with if first?

Thx

If you want to use the comb for creating a fuller effect I guess that is fine, however I know that the use of combing tools are discouraged in MHM because they disrupt the natural curl/coil pattern. 

Are you referring to the leave in and gel step. If yes then there is no need to let it sit or DC. All you need to do is to seal it in with the gel.
tyniagf1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tyniagf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 6:19am
Hi, I actually ordered three bottles and yes they are the right ones. I was so happy because I was worried about that too but I figured if they were wrong I could always return to the store.
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 6:32am
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Originally posted by leatha2000 leatha2000 wrote:

hi to all hanging out in the forum. I wanted to know did anyone order the tresemme from walgreens online yet? I was going to but the the description says with orange and it doesn't have the lemongrass added in the description. Is this still the old formula or the new formula?

The one without lemongrass is the old formula

Here are the ingredients for the approved formula:

Water (Aqua); Cetearyl Alcohol; Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine; Behentrimonium Chloride; Brassica Campestris/Aleurites Fordi Oil Copolymer; Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract; Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract; Fragrance; Dipropylene Glycol; Potassium Chloride; Lactic Acid; Disodium EDTA; DMDM Hydantoin; PEG-150 Distearate; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Lauroyl Lysine; Methylchloroisothiazolinone; Methylisothiazolinone.

Yep what MsDeeKay said.... you have to find the one WITH Sweet Orange AND Lemongrass or else it's not the right formula. What I did was google the entire name and Walgreens came up in the search. Here's the link http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/tresemme-naturals-radiant-volume-conditioner-with-sweet-orange/ID=prod6013771-product - you'll notice that Lemongrass isn't shown in the description BUT if you click on the pic of the bottle you will see it on there. HTH!
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 8:26am

Hi everyone finally got a video up on how I apply the clay mixture for step 3 of the regimen.

Hope this helpsBig smile

Thanks as always for your quick but thorough vids MsDeeKay! This is EXACTLY how I apply my clay! Down to the rattail comb & clips! LOL! My hair is shorter than yours but so thick and it seems to take me about 45 min to an hourShocked to get the clay throughout all my hair via sections. What about you? Am I being too meticulous? Because by the time I get to the top (also working from back to front) my hair is dry. Should I spritz my hair if I find that sections have dried before applying the clay? I'm referring to the sections that I haven't applied clay to yet.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 8:45am
Originally posted by juan_mos juan_mos wrote:

Thanks as always for your quick but thorough vids MsDeeKay! This is EXACTLY how I apply my clay! Down to the rattail comb & clips! LOL! My hair is shorter than yours but so thick and it seems to take me about 45 min to an hourShocked to get the clay throughout all my hair via sections. What about you? Am I being too meticulous? Because by the time I get to the top (also working from back to front) my hair is dry. Should I spritz my hair if I find that sections have dried before applying the clay? I'm referring to the sections that I haven't applied clay to yet.

LOLYou're welcome Juan_mos, glad it helps Big smile I answered over there but I think it's a great idea to bring the discussion back here so it can help others who are here. My answer below:

You know what +MJsmom10 I should've mentioned it in the video but I usually do it in the shower. But I couldn't take you guys there so I filmed it at the mirror LOL I think because I do it in the shower right after rinsing the conditioner it's still soaking wet, very easy to manage because of the weight of the water and it makes it super easy to go through the sections. It also goes by really quick because of that, although I've never timed myself I don't think it takes me more than 15mins. I think all the steam in the shower also helps to keep the hair wet while I apply the clay. Hope my answer helped. You're welcome & thnx as always for the support. That video I havent shot yet because I have the 2 clarifying videos still. I think it will be after that. By that time I'll be more confident sharing my wash n go technique :) I think it's still a work in progress :)
tyniagf1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyniagf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 11:19am
Hi, I wanted to know if there is an co-wash method to this regimen? If not do you think that is even possible? TIA
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 11:24am

Originally posted by AmberColour AmberColour wrote:

Yesterday I started the beginning of the MHM with a Cherry Lola treatment (I know my hair would have benefited more from the Cherry Lola Caramel treatment, but I needed to start yesterday night on Monday) and an overnight GHE with conditioner, so today I am Clay rinsing after I rinsed out the conditioner.

I'm not liking how my hair feels with the clay rinse (It feels super dryOuch), but I used the mixture without ACV because I was unsure if I should use ACV after the Cherry Lola treatment. 

Hi Amber, welcome to the mhm family. Do you happen to have color treated hair or are you transitioning? According to FAQs on the terressentials site they say people who have issues with their hair feeling stiff, sticky, oily, heavy or dry  after rinsing the clay could be because their hair is chemically treated, or contains hair dye. They say that the clay is trying to strip the hair from parabens, sillicones, plastic polymers, PVP,  proteins that are usually used to repair porous hair due to those treatments. This process can take 3 to 4 weeks. They say people with this issue will only start to feel the moisturizing effect of the clay once their hair is repaired, moisturized and they have regrowth.
I'm all natural, but I have used color on my hair in the past, so yes. 
I have also used heat on my hair earlier this year, if that may also be why my hair feels like that.
Like pinkecube said, my hair soaked up the conditioner, and it felt much much better.
leatha2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote leatha2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 1:01pm
thanks for letting me know about the tresemme conditioner
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 142143144145146 252>