Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143144145 251>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 3:01am
Can you use a comb to style your hair with MHM – not to detangle or get rid of shed hair. I was wondering if I could gently try to comb out the curls a little to get more of a curly afro effect and to make my hair look fuller. I have a wide-tooth, seamless, hand-made 'bone' comb BTW. Has any one ever tried this?   Or would it work if I used my fingers instead?

Also, when you apply conditioner after the clay step, do you rinse quickly afterwards, or do you let it sit or DC with if first?

Thx

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Jul 09 2014 at 3:21am
Sponsored Links

msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 3:46am

Hi everyone finally got a video up on how I apply the clay mixture for step 3 of the regimen.

Hope this helpsBig smile
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 3:57am
Originally posted by AmberColour AmberColour wrote:

Yesterday I started the beginning of the MHM with a Cherry Lola treatment (I know my hair would have benefited more from the Cherry Lola Caramel treatment, but I needed to start yesterday night on Monday) and an overnight GHE with conditioner, so today I am Clay rinsing after I rinsed out the conditioner.

I'm not liking how my hair feels with the clay rinse (It feels super dryOuch), but I used the mixture without ACV because I was unsure if I should use ACV after the Cherry Lola treatment. 

Hi Amber, welcome to the mhm family. Do you happen to have color treated hair or are you transitioning? According to FAQs on the terressentials site they say people who have issues with their hair feeling stiff, sticky, oily, heavy or dry  after rinsing the clay could be because their hair is chemically treated, or contains hair dye. They say that the clay is trying to strip the hair from parabens, sillicones, plastic polymers, PVP,  proteins that are usually used to repair porous hair due to those treatments. This process can take 3 to 4 weeks. They say people with this issue will only start to feel the moisturizing effect of the clay once their hair is repaired, moisturized and they have regrowth.

Edited by msdeekay - Jul 09 2014 at 4:12am
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 3:59am
Originally posted by juan_mos juan_mos wrote:

TEST POST.... been trying to post update pics for the last 35 min. Just trying to see if I can post ANYTHING at this point. SO FRUSTRATING...

I always copy whatever I want to post on to a separate notepad and if it fails I keep going back, pasting the text and trying again...very frusturating this forumAngry
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 4:03am
Hi MsDeekay Smile Thx so much for posting the clay video - it was just in time for me as I'm about to do the clay step. Do you think I can use an electric conditioning cap with this step?
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 4:09am

Hi MHM members! I have some pics to show of my progress. All collages posted represent BEFORE MHM (old twistout... Day 1 start with CLCT then steps) & AFTER (7/7/14 @95% dry). Also, in the 'after' pics I've completed the regimen 9 times.

THINGS TO NOTE:
I'm still trying to nail the leave-in/gel steps as far as the foaming & whiteness of condish (no matter how much I water it down, it foams) & gel not feeling slippery enough, then when I apply more, it leaves more of a cast than it should. Also, hair feeling slippery w/o excess instead of squeaky. So yeah I'm still figuring out those last two... but my hair is transforming before my eyes. I still have a ton of frizz w/o products so I have a long way to go but I'm super excitedClap (still in a little bit of disbeliefShocked) about my results and I can't wait to see how my tresses progress the next two months towards #MH!!

**PINKE AND MSDEEKAY FEEL FREE TO REPOST PICS TO ALL #MH RELATED SOCIAL MEDIA**

YAY Juan_Mos I'm so happy to see your progress, your hair looks wonderful! I don't know if you saw the tip I left earlier. But this is what I've been doing lately to in the leave in and gel step. I got this from Danab's video
On soaking wet hair, I apply the conditioner from root to tip.
If I see any white residue or foaming I slide it off.
Then  I spray the section down with water to make sure it's still soaking wet
Then I apply the gel to the super wet section.
Going in, in smaller sections also helps especially when you are still building moisture levels. As your hair gets more hydrated you will have the benefit of doing it in big sections.

Some of my hair is more hydrated than others so some areas I do big sections and it just starts clumping without the gels. For my super stubborn areas I section in really small sections and I have to apply the gel and really smooth and rake to get the clumping.

For good results in the leave in and gel part in my experience it has been a combination of practice and building moisture levels, the more you do it the better you get at it and the more hydrated your hair gets the better the results.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 4:10am
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Hi MHM members! I have some pics to show of my progress. All collages posted represent BEFORE MHM (old twistout... Day 1 start with CLCT then steps) & AFTER (7/7/14 @95% dry). Also, in the 'after' pics I've completed the regimen 9 times.

THINGS TO NOTE:
I'm still trying to nail the leave-in/gel steps as far as the foaming & whiteness of condish (no matter how much I water it down, it foams) & gel not feeling slippery enough, then when I apply more, it leaves more of a cast than it should. Also, hair feeling slippery w/o excess instead of squeaky. So yeah I'm still figuring out those last two... but my hair is transforming before my eyes. I still have a ton of frizz w/o products so I have a long way to go but I'm super excitedClap (still in a little bit of disbeliefShocked) about my results and I can't wait to see how my tresses progress the next two months towards #MH!!

**PINKE AND MSDEEKAY FEEL FREE TO REPOST PICS TO ALL #MH RELATED SOCIAL MEDIA**

YAY Juan_Mos I'm so happy to see your progress, your hair looks wonderful! I don't know if you saw the tip I left earlier. But this is what I've been doing lately in the leave in and gel step. I got this from Danab's video
On soaking wet hair, I apply the conditioner from root to tip.
If I see any white residue or foaming I slide it off.
Then  I spray the section down with water to make sure it's still soaking wet
Then I apply the gel to the super wet section.
Going in, in smaller sections also helps especially when you are still building moisture levels. As your hair gets more hydrated you will have the benefit of doing it in big sections.

Some of my hair is more hydrated than others so some areas I do big sections and it just starts clumping without the gels. For my super stubborn areas I section in really small sections and I have to apply the gel and really smooth and rake to get the clumping.

For good results in the leave in and gel part in my experience it has been a combination of practice and building moisture levels, the more you do it the better you get at it and the more hydrated your hair gets the better the results.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 4:31am
Originally posted by Loves2Laugh Loves2Laugh wrote:

Hi MsDeekay Smile Thx so much for posting the clay video - it was just in time for me as I'm about to do the clay step. Do you think I can use an electric conditioning cap with this step?

Hi Loves2Laugh, You're welcome, you know what, that is a great question. I know Pinke recommends it for step 1 and 2 so I'm not really sure about the clay step. I do know that there are people who do that. In general the heat should help lift the cuticles and allow your hair to get get more moisturized but I'm not sure how it would affect the clay step. You could experiment with and without to see how your hair will react and we will see what Pinke has to advice on that.Smile
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 4:33am
Sorry for the double post guys...
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 4:58am
Originally posted by kaforres kaforres wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by kaforres kaforres wrote:

@pinkecube have you seen this?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/julee-wilson/style-in-the-wild-hair-rules-anthony-dickey_b_3831148.html

It looks like everyone is trying to jump on a method to get people with frizzier type textures to show their curls.  I was talking to my LS yesterday and telling me she was trying out the Anthony Dickie method after I was telling her about the MHM. I think I prefer the MHM over Anthony Dickie method, I just thought this was interesting being that none of these methods weren't out until recently. I hope you get your product and website up soon before someone tries to make money off of MHM, which you worked so hard to put together.
Yes I've heard of it. So basically you have to use a moisturizing shampoo, cowash, apply gel product, and stretch your hair with heat. There are plenty of people who already do the first 3 steps. That does not create a curl pattern. Sounds like a normal wash and go, that would work for those with looser textures, but not or type 4 kinkier hair textures. Definitely not for 4c hair. that method's been around for awhile though. I looked it up awhile ago, Donedo did a video on it in November of last year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osddnDRiGec
I don't see it as a threat, because I doubt her product free curl would retain the curl. Especially with use of heat. It's just temporary styling. As for the website, and ebook, I'm working on it everyday Smile

Okay, sounds good. I just never heard of it before.  Maybe we should be able to get the MHM written about in the huffington post soon enough.

I finished day 1 of the MHM today.  I don't think I rinsed all of the caramel cherry lota treatment out of my hair yesterday because when I was detangling my hair after having the deep conditioner in all night I was finding random pieces of the ingredients in my hairAngry... But after I washed the conditioner out I think I was able to get it all out.  There was one thing I noticed this morning when I was detangling before I stepped in the shower, my hair felt strawlike which I thought was weird. I used TJTTT conditioner.  The clay step took me forever to do and I destroyed my bathroom, I didn't realize it was so messyLOL. I did not experience any dryness like others have complained of after the clay step, but I did put some watered down KCKT on the top section of my hair when I was rinsing it out. During steps 4 & 5 I don't think I watered down the KCKT enough because my hair looked kind of white while it was wet. My hair is still drying, so I don't know if the white residue will be showing once it drys...  I also think I may have applied too much gel. I am using the green tea curl glaze, and whoever said it was really runny, they were not lying! It seems like I lost most of my gel on the sink and floor Angry and I HATE wasting product! My hair feel a little crunchy in one section, but like I said, I think that is because I used to much gel.  Overall, I am not disappointed. It also took me an hour and a half to do steps 4 & 5, but I am sure with time that I will get faster! This is my first time dong a wash n go, I can't wait until I reach full hydration to see my results. @pinkecube you can post the pictures I sent you on here if you would like.  I will send you more pictures on day 7, hopefully I will see some fast results!  OAN: I still really don't know my textureErmm... Anyway, thanks for introducing this method.
Thanks for sharing your pictures kafores, Great job and wonderful results Clap
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141142143144145 251>