Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 140141142143144 243>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by kaforres kaforres wrote:

Okay, sounds good. I just never heard of it before.  Maybe we should be able to get the MHM written about in the huffington post soon enough.

I finished day 1 of the MHM today.  I don't think I rinsed all of the caramel cherry lota treatment out of my hair yesterday because when I was detangling my hair after having the deep conditioner in all night I was finding random pieces of the ingredients in my hairAngry... But after I washed the conditioner out I think I was able to get it all out.  There was one thing I noticed this morning when I was detangling before I stepped in the shower, my hair felt strawlike which I thought was weird. I used TJTTT conditioner.  The clay step took me forever to do and I destroyed my bathroom, I didn't realize it was so messyLOL. I did not experience any dryness like others have complained of after the clay step, but I did put some watered down KCKT on the top section of my hair when I was rinsing it out. During steps 4 & 5 I don't think I watered down the KCKT enough because my hair looked kind of white while it was wet. My hair is still drying, so I don't know if the white residue will be showing once it drys...  I also think I may have applied too much gel. I am using the green tea curl glaze, and whoever said it was really runny, they were not lying! It seems like I lost most of my gel on the sink and floor Angry and I HATE wasting product! My hair feel a little crunchy in one section, but like I said, I think that is because I used to much gel.  Overall, I am not disappointed. It also took me an hour and a half to do steps 4 & 5, but I am sure with time that I will get faster! This is my first time dong a wash n go, I can't wait until I reach full hydration to see my results. @pinkecube you can post the pictures I sent you on here if you would like.  I will send you more pictures on day 7, hopefully I will see some fast results!  OAN: I still really don't know my textureErmm... Anyway, thanks for introducing this method.

This is Kaforres's first time results! ClapBig smileThumbs Up

Before(after taking out braids)

Untitled design(5)

After. MHM wash and go

Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by juan_mos juan_mos wrote:

ALL THANKS TO YOU PINKE! I have to agree... my hair NEVER looked this good and I returned to natural a little over 10 years ago. And I'm saying that knowing I have a ways to go to full #MH. Share away and I'll post more in the coming months and plan to stay active in the forum.  A big thanks again for your inbox help (EmbarrassedLOL) with the pics amongst other things!Wink

You're welcome Juan_mosSmile It only get's better and better from here!
jdenni12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jdenni12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 10:24pm
Hi Pinke, I kind of lost track of the forum a bit, but did you find that using flax seed gel under kccc helps with swelling? I remember you said that you tried it once, but i don't know if you made it a part of your regimen. My hair looks fine wet but once it dries the roots lose definition. The ends stay defined and shiny no matter what.   A couple spots of my hair have reached max hydration!
Kurly Kizzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurly Kizzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 10:29pm
@PinkeCube

Should I make sure my hair is still SOAKING wet when I apply the DC?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by jdenni12 jdenni12 wrote:

Hi Pinke, I kind of lost track of the forum a bit, but did you find that using flax seed gel under kccc helps with swelling? I remember you said that you tried it once, but i don't know if you made it a part of your regimen. My hair looks fine wet but once it dries the roots lose definition. The ends stay defined and shiny no matter what.   A couple spots of my hair have reached max hydration!
At the time, I thought it was the flaxseed, but I actually think it was just an increase in hydration, because my hair dries fine ever since then, even though i no longer mix the flaxseed. You can try it, though. Good to hear your progress, and you are seeing areas gain max hydration! I found the greatest thing that has helped:

• Keeping hair soaking wet after clay step
  • Separating "over clumped" sections during clay step
  • Applying conditioner right after the clay step at my roots under running water(I still afterward apply more watered down conditioner)
  • Applying everything at the root first in a sort of claw-like pinching motion, and smoothing and raking everything down.
  • Making sure to apply enough gel so I feel slip
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Kurly Kizzie Kurly Kizzie wrote:

@PinkeCube

Yes. respritz sections with water if they start to dry while you are applying.
Kurly Kizzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Kurly Kizzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by Kurly Kizzie Kurly Kizzie wrote:

@PinkeCube

Yes. respritz sections with water if they start to dry while you are applying.

Thanks for your quick responses!!!! This method is going to be a staple for sooooooo many women, just watch the magnitude your method is going to have when it comes into FULL fruition for you. ClapClapClap

I know this is "advertised" ( I say that loosely, for lack of a better word) for type 4 hair, but I am here to tell you this is a Lo Po Holy Grail Method, whatever your curl type!!!! I'm just saying....
I'm sitting with my DC in right now 3rd time and I am not sure if the 4A hair I thought I had is actually 4A I am starting to see what those curls WILL look like and they are starting to look like the rest of my 3C hair. I guess we will see. Giiiirrrrrllllll, YOU DID THIS ONE!!!!!!!! I promise, YOU JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS HAS DONE FOR ME ALREADY!!!!!!!CryCry And I am sooooooo serious!!! I was so frustrated Pinke, felt bad about my hair, like all kinds of emotions just because of my HAIR! 
I'm not there yet but I know it's coming..... Deferred Gratification. To me, this method is a blessing, I literally prayed about my hair and he answered with you. For that I am forever grateful!!!!!!!
I'm going to post pics after my 5-7 times after doing this method, Just so the other ladies who may have heard about it and still on the fence will KNOW and SEE how QUICKLY your hair can start to flourish. I think it's going to surprise some, cuz it sure as heck has surprised the crap outta me and I am just now doing my 3rd session, as I type. You have been a blessing to me and I am going to tell everybody I KNOW about this method!!!!!!!!

Good NIght

nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 11:11pm
I have two questions....is the baking soda mix on page 131 for the clarifying step in all versions?
Any advice on keeping edges and nape moist during overnight conditioning? I am using 2 bags (my head is big) but my sideburns and nape are a problem....TIA

Edited by nicks_hotmama06 - Jul 08 2014 at 11:26pm
leatha2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leatha2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 12:21am
hi to all hanging out in the forum. I wanted to know did anyone order the tresemme from walgreens online yet? I was going to but the the description says with orange and it doesn't have the lemongrass added in the description. Is this still the old formula or the new formula?
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 2:57am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by Loves2Laugh Loves2Laugh wrote:

@ Pinke So I got my KCKT on Saturday and my Camille Rose was delivered too - Woohoo! I'll be using both products at my next wash on Wed or Thu.

How soon afteryou finish the last step (applying gel) do you need to wait before braiding, twisting etc. Should I wait until my hair's dry? In this case I'll be braiding my hair to go under a wig, but would it be the same  amount of time if I were to do bantu knots or a twist out?

Also, have you ever had any experience of your hair 'fusing' together if you use protein, coconut oil, castor oil etc? I get it from all three but I'd like to continue using JBCO as it seems to help with growth. What can I do to counteract this effect?

TIA
Great! So just like you style your hair normally. What I do, is right after the clay is rinsed out and I apply a bit of conditioner all over my head:

I split my hair into about 7 rows, starting from my nape and roll and clip the sections, leaving the row I'm working on first loose.

Then I apply the leave in on the enitire row, gel on the entire row, then split the row into the section I am ready to twist and twist.

So you would do this on wet hair, it is fine. What do you mean by "fusing together"? I do not recommend coconut oil or protein. Castor oil should be fine. I usually layer castor under a bit of olive oil. I have had no issues using it that way with mhm.

Thx for getting back to me. By fusing, I mean that it’s like my hair has been glued or bonded together. I noticed that when I use certain products I literally have to pull or tear my hair apart like the hairs are stuck to each other.  I guess like locs. I have to dig my fingers or comb into the hair and wiggle it around to make  holes then tear the hair apart bit by bit - and I can actually hear it tearing.

I only mentioned protein and coconut oil because it happens when I use those products too – and obviously that happens to other people as well. However, I haven’t heard of anyone yet who had this reaction to castor oil. I do think it might be something to do with protein sensitivity though, but I'm not sure how.

To clarify, I don’t want to use protein or coconut oil again (unless in v small amounts in another product ONLY IF they don’t cause any problems). However, as I want to continue using JBCO on my scalp as well as my hair, I wanted to know if you’d come across this ‘fusing’ problem before and if you had any advice.

TIA

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Jul 09 2014 at 3:26am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair