Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 139140141142143 256>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Kurly Kizzie Kurly Kizzie wrote:

I will be doing my 3rd routine today. I am sooooooo excited. I can see a difference in ONLY 2 tries. Ladies I was getting so very frustrated. I'm Lo Po and my hair(3c some 4a) was dryer than the sierra desert!!! 

@Pinke-Thank you so much for sharing this!!!! I've been natural on and off all my life. But never really took care of it didn't really have to bcuz it was always so short mostly. This method has put a smile on my face because I know it's working. ALREADY!!!!!! 2 TIMES THAT'S ALL!~!!!! Boy I can't wait for Max Hydration. 

QUESTION: Can I use a ripe plaintain, olive oil, and raw honey for a DC and For BS? 
I did the ACV for my 1st full regimen, BS for my 2nd. BS Waaaayyy better results, I am Lo Po so that figures, but I don't wanna have to spend the money for the KKNT for DC and BS treatment, UNLESS, my homemade conditioner won't work. I can use the Tresemme for BS treatment but really wanted something more moisturizing for my DC.

Hi Kurly Kizzie! Welcome to the forum and MHM, glad you are enjoying the method, and seeing visible progress already! Smile
You're welcome!!

For the DC, yes. For the BS, I wouldn't recommend it. Think about it like this: You already have gel on your hair in that step. So the purpose of the 1st step is to lift of the gel and simultaneously it will lift your cuticles. For DC it should be fine. Just make sure you are applying that on wet hair, and don't use too much oil. You may not have seen it, but the new alternate BS rinse on page 131:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_post10929299.html?KW=Alternate+MHM+Baking+soda+mixture#10929299

will help you save conditioner! Hope that helped!
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

@pinkecube I thout it was ok to use ACV in our clay mix. Why does it have to be omitted? Or is it just omitted on the day that we do the Cherry lola treatment?
Hi NaturaltashSmile I don't recommend using acv during the clay step if your hair is low porosity. So I ommitted it, it isn't really necessary for anyone, really. You want the cuticles lifted during that step when you apply your leave in. Closing it can take away from the potential results, imo. Some may not have a problem with it though, so if you are using it and it is working fine for you, it isn't too big of a deal. I just don't want to give people the impression that it is necessary and that adding acv will somehow aid their results, as i don't think it will.
I only add 1 tsp of ACV into my clay mix and the pH is between a 7 & 8 so the cuticles are still getting lifted at those pH levels. It may just be in my mind, but I like it better with a little ACV added into my mix so I will continue to use it since my hair is somewhere between lo po to normal. Thanks again for the explanation and for responding so quickly Wink.
you're welcome, NaturaltashSmile
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 3:45pm

Ok ya'll I've finally build up the courage to post my pics. You guys will finally see why I hate wash n gos so much. But I wanted to post so that I will have a good comparison once I reach max hydration. My pics are huge too but if I post them small then you won't be able to see that well.
Hi Naturaltash, thanks for posting pics! SmileBtw, how were your MHM version 2 results(danabnatural)? I think no matter which version of the method you're doing one important think to take away is having your hair sopping wet in the leave in step. Right after the clay step applying some leave in conditioner all over your head while it is soaking wet and even while water is running should help too. And just spray more water and add more leave in as you do steps 3 and 4. Don't worry it will take time, but it gets better and better.

@Naturaltash and @sexipink Giant pictures are appreciated, lol.LOL
Hey pinke! Version 2 was only ok for me but I do like that it was quicker. I still like the original version better for my hair, and my hair needs the clay step last. I've actually been applying the conditioner to soaking wet hair and gel, but my hair still turns into a fro once it air dries LOL. I no once it starts to hydrate, it will look a lot better but for now I'm just going to continue to do my twist outs and braid outs.
thanks for sharing your experience with version 2. keep up with the regimen, you'll get there gradually. Have you noticed any general progress? Any small changes and improvements you are seeing get better?
Pinke I have notice progress in general despite of my wash n go's looking horrible LOL. I've done a total of 25 treatments but my hair is hydrating at very slow slow pace Cry. However, my hair is finally staying hydrated, my breakage has slowed down, its a lot easier to detangle my hair, ssk's have greatly minimized, I can get 2nd day hair with my twist or braid outs which never use to happen, and it just feels different if that makes any sense. Overall I think my hair is a lot healthier and I'm retaining length better since I've started this regimen Big smile.
Kurly Kizzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Kurly Kizzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 3:48pm
tyniagf1
     I am still new, haven't done it as many times as you have yet. But, as far as the products I use them full strength I don't water it down. I will be doing the regimen again tonight and try the watered down version. But with my hair, THIRSTY as it isDead, I suspect that using the KKNT in full strength would be best. I am going to try it just cuz it will stretch my product. I GHE EVERY night and haven't really had the frizz. NOT like before I should say. I do the 1st 2 steps at night and 3-5 in the morning, air drying, my hair doesn't like diffusers and I can't sit under the dryer in the morning. Aint nobody got time for that, lol. Seriously, time constraints won't allow me to sit under a dryer in the morning. But I do steam every weekend even before this method..... My hair also only likes WnG's. don't know if this helps but I hope so
Happy Hydration!!!Clap

Edited by Kurly Kizzie - Jul 08 2014 at 4:03pm
DominicanMorenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 4:06pm
HI.. How are you all doing? What page is the no no ingredients?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 4:08pm

Pinke I have notice progress in general despite of my wash n go's looking horrible LOL. I've done a total of 25 treatments but my hair is hydrating at very slow slow pace Cry. However, my hair is finally staying hydrated, my breakage has slowed down, its a lot easier to detangle my hair, ssk's have greatly minimized, I can get 2nd day hair with my twist or braid outs which never use to happen, and it just feels different if that makes any sense. Overall I think my hair is a lot healthier and I'm retaining length better since I've started this regimen Big smile.
That's great to hear your progress Natural tash! I think from that pic you sent me awhile ago of your curl formers you are making great progress, it might just take time to get better w&g results for the entirety of your head. 
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by DominicanMorenita DominicanMorenita wrote:

HI.. How are you all doing? What page is the no no ingredients?
Hi Dominican Morenita, I'm doing well, hope ur good tooSmile Page 67 has the no-no ingredients
kaforres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kaforres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 4:34pm

Originally posted by kaforres kaforres wrote:

@pinkecube have you seen this?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/julee-wilson/style-in-the-wild-hair-rules-anthony-dickey_b_3831148.html

It looks like everyone is trying to jump on a method to get people with frizzier type textures to show their curls.  I was talking to my LS yesterday and telling me she was trying out the Anthony Dickie method after I was telling her about the MHM. I think I prefer the MHM over Anthony Dickie method, I just thought this was interesting being that none of these methods weren't out until recently. I hope you get your product and website up soon before someone tries to make money off of MHM, which you worked so hard to put together.
Yes I've heard of it. So basically you have to use a moisturizing shampoo, cowash, apply gel product, and stretch your hair with heat. There are plenty of people who already do the first 3 steps. That does not create a curl pattern. Sounds like a normal wash and go, that would work for those with looser textures, but not or type 4 kinkier hair textures. Definitely not for 4c hair. that method's been around for awhile though. I looked it up awhile ago, Donedo did a video on it in November of last year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osddnDRiGec
I don't see it as a threat, because I doubt her product free curl would retain the curl. Especially with use of heat. It's just temporary styling. As for the website, and ebook, I'm working on it everyday Smile

Okay, sounds good. I just never heard of it before.  Maybe we should be able to get the MHM written about in the huffington post soon enough.

I finished day 1 of the MHM today.  I don't think I rinsed all of the caramel cherry lota treatment out of my hair yesterday because when I was detangling my hair after having the deep conditioner in all night I was finding random pieces of the ingredients in my hairAngry... But after I washed the conditioner out I think I was able to get it all out.  There was one thing I noticed this morning when I was detangling before I stepped in the shower, my hair felt strawlike which I thought was weird. I used TJTTT conditioner.  The clay step took me forever to do and I destroyed my bathroom, I didn't realize it was so messyLOL. I did not experience any dryness like others have complained of after the clay step, but I did put some watered down KCKT on the top section of my hair when I was rinsing it out. During steps 4 & 5 I don't think I watered down the KCKT enough because my hair looked kind of white while it was wet. My hair is still drying, so I don't know if the white residue will be showing once it drys...  I also think I may have applied too much gel. I am using the green tea curl glaze, and whoever said it was really runny, they were not lying! It seems like I lost most of my gel on the sink and floor Angry and I HATE wasting product! My hair feel a little crunchy in one section, but like I said, I think that is because I used to much gel.  Overall, I am not disappointed. It also took me an hour and a half to do steps 4 & 5, but I am sure with time that I will get faster! This is my first time dong a wash n go, I can't wait until I reach full hydration to see my results. @pinkecube you can post the pictures I sent you on here if you would like.  I will send you more pictures on day 7, hopefully I will see some fast results!  OAN: I still really don't know my textureErmm... Anyway, thanks for introducing this method.
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Kurly Kizzie Kurly Kizzie wrote:

@juan_mos YOUR HAIR LOOKS GREAT!!!!. 
Thank you! MHM is the truth! As tiring & time-consuming as the steps are, my hair is reaping the benefits so it's well worth it!
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 6:02pm
ALL THANKS TO YOU PINKE! I have to agree... my hair NEVER looked this good and I returned to natural a little over 10 years ago. And I'm saying that knowing I have a ways to go to full #MH. Share away and I'll post more in the coming months and plan to stay active in the forum.  A big thanks again for your inbox help (EmbarrassedLOL) with the pics amongst other things!Wink
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 139140141142143 256>
  Share Topic