Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 137138139140141 276>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 10:04am
TEST POST.... been trying to post update pics for the last 35 min. Just trying to see if I can post ANYTHING at this point. SO FRUSTRATING...
Sponsored Links

kaforres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kaforres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 10:45am
@pinkecube have you seen this?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/julee-wilson/style-in-the-wild-hair-rules-anthony-dickey_b_3831148.html

It looks like everyone is trying to jump on a method to get people with frizzier type textures to show their curls.  I was talking to my LS yesterday and telling me she was trying out the Anthony Dickie method after I was telling her about the MHM. I think I prefer the MHM over Anthony Dickie method, I just thought this was interesting being that none of these methods weren't out until recently. I hope you get your product and website up soon before someone tries to make money off of MHM, which you worked so hard to put together.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by kaforres kaforres wrote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/julee-wilson/style-in-the-wild-hair-rules-anthony-dickey_b_3831148.html

It looks like everyone is trying to jump on a method to get people with frizzier type textures to show their curls.  I was talking to my LS yesterday and telling me she was trying out the Anthony Dickie method after I was telling her about the MHM. I think I prefer the MHM over Anthony Dickie method, I just thought this was interesting being that none of these methods weren't out until recently. I hope you get your product and website up soon before someone tries to make money off of MHM, which you worked so hard to put together.
Yes I've heard of it. So basically you have to use a moisturizing shampoo, cowash, apply gel product, and stretch your hair with heat. There are plenty of people who already do the first 3 steps. That does not create a curl pattern. Sounds like a normal wash and go, that would work for those with looser textures, but not or type 4 kinkier hair textures. Definitely not for 4c hair. that method's been around for awhile though. I looked it up awhile ago, Donedo did a video on it in November of last year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osddnDRiGec
I don't see it as a threat, because I doubt her product free curl would retain the curl. Especially with use of heat. It's just temporary styling. As for the website, and ebook, I'm working on it everyday Smile

Edited by pinkecube - Jul 08 2014 at 12:04pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by juan_mos juan_mos wrote:

TEST POST.... been trying to post update pics for the last 35 min. Just trying to see if I can post ANYTHING at this point. SO FRUSTRATING...
juan_mos, you have to upload the pictures on a separate site first, then copy it from there and paste in the reply box. If you are doing it from your tablet, you'll have to copy image location, and paste the link in the url box of the image uploader. If you keep getting access denied, you want to have copied everything in the box onto your clipboard and just be prepared if it does that. Then you can log out, close the window, clear cookies and cache and the access denied will go away. It's frustrating, i know.Ouch
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 2:11pm
Yesterday I started the beginning of the MHM with a Cherry Lola treatment (I know my hair would have benefited more from the Cherry Lola Caramel treatment, but I needed to start yesterday night on Monday) and an overnight GHE with conditioner, so today I am Clay rinsing after I rinsed out the conditioner.

I'm not liking how my hair feels with the clay rinse (It feels super dryOuch), but I used the mixture without ACV because I was unsure if I should use ACV after the Cherry Lola treatment. 
tyniagf1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyniagf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 2:19pm
Hi, I started my journey 6/16. I didn't really keep up with how often but I would guess that I have done it at least 16 times. I wanted to ask how are you all drying your hair. I do my regimen after work by the tone I finish I have like a hour of drying before I fall out. Hair is always wet in the morning. But I think this is effecting how much frizz I will get. How are you all dealing with these hard areas, What extra steps do you do in those areas? Last question how many natural are doing set styles instead of the wash and go? What is your procedure and are you using the products differently? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by AmberColour AmberColour wrote:

Yesterday I started the beginning of the MHM with a Cherry Lola treatment (I know my hair would have benefited more from the Cherry Lola Caramel treatment, but I needed to start yesterday night on Monday) and an overnight GHE with conditioner, so today I am Clay rinsing after I rinsed out the conditioner.

I'm not liking how my hair feels with the clay rinse (It feels super dryOuch), but I used the mixture without ACV because I was unsure if I should use ACV after the Cherry Lola treatment. 
Hi AmberColour, yay you started the method! SmileYeah, use the mixture with out acv. btw after the clay rinse you can immediately put conditioner on your soaking wet hair and let water run over it. Once you do that, your hair will soak it right up.

Edited by pinkecube - Jul 08 2014 at 2:30pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by tyniagf1 tyniagf1 wrote:

Hi, I started my journey 6/16. I didn't really keep up with how often but I would guess that I have done it at least 16 times. I wanted to ask how are you all drying your hair. I do my regimen after work by the tone I finish I have like a hour of drying before I fall out. Hair is always wet in the morning. But I think this is effecting how much frizz I will get. How are you all dealing with these hard areas, What extra steps do you do in those areas? Last question how many natural are doing set styles instead of the wash and go? What is your procedure and are you using the products differently? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Hi tyniagf, welcome to the forum!Big smile How's your progress?

I have worn my hair wet to sleep and it did cause a little frizz but not much. I'll experiment some more. For the tougher areas, you basically just repeat the regimen. They improve. It also helps during the clay step to try and separate strands while you apply the clay, so strands don't stick together when you rinse. And when you apply leave in and gel, apply it at the roots first, work it in there, pinch and smooth it down and rake. I'm going to put something up that will describe this better on the website, and link you guys to it when it is ready.

Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 2:43pm
@pinkecube I thout it was ok to use ACV in our clay mix. Why does it have to be omitted? Or is it just omitted on the day that we do the Cherry lola treatment?
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by kaforres kaforres wrote:

I used this before starting MHM (I started yesterday without the clay wash, haven't purchased that yet) but any who it's a great temporary method, you don't receive maximum hydration from it and no root to tip definition in the long run. You just get super defined hair but once the wash n go is old and you wash it out, your hair will go back to being half way defined and frizzy. So these methods are nothing alike. However if you're looking for quick wng's hair that looks perfect, it's a good method. He's been doing his professional wng's like this for years btw
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 137138139140141 276>