Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 254>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Christine UK Christine UK wrote:

I love the KCKT nice slip; but as soon as I apply the KCCC my hair feels like it has  clarified with a sulphate shampoo, squeaky clean, and no slip.  I have tried it watered down in various ratios, straight out the jar etc and tried used less etc,  Anyone have this problem?  My homemade gel fairs better

Originally posted by afrolistic afrolistic wrote:

Hi christine uk i have same issue. Pinke told me to add more gel bt it still same. Can you give me your homemade gel recipe. Thnx

Hi Christine Uk, afrolistic,

This is just how KCCC works. You are not applying enough to each section. The gel is squeaky if you try to add a really small amount. But if you aren't applying enough, you are going to get an astringent effect. I've had the same issue for awhile until I realized I was not applying enough gel per section. If you are feeling a squeaky feeling, take that directly as you re not applying enough.

Aketafitgirl shows it in her wash and go routine video as well, you need to apply enough gel until it feels slippery along the shaft. If it is not slippery, then apply more. You can watch my video or aketafitgirls wash and go vid. Once enough is applied the KCCC is extremely slippery and your fingers will glide through your hair. Don't be afraid to be heavy handed. If it's too much, you can just slide the excess out of your hair, and put it on the lid of the kccc jar to use for a different section.

Also, make sure your hair is soaking wet when you do the steps, especially during the leave in, you need to make sure you hair is sopping wet, right out of the shower. You can apply more conditioner to a section and even spray it with water on top of that. I've discovered having my hair soaking wet has allowed me to do my hair in bigger sections, as long as I'm properly applying product to my roots and making sure it really gets on the roots of each strand in the section, then I'm able to smooth, pinch, and rake it down.

Edited by pinkecube - Jul 06 2014 at 1:45pm
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 10:22am

Pinke, can you explain why the crown area in 4c hair tends to break whilst the rest of the hair thrives well?  I have tried all sorts to address this issue but its always been my weak area.  I keep it well moisturised and try to be as gentle as possible.  Its been like this for at least 2 years in my 41 months of being natural.  Its growing but still weak, and about an inch and half shorter/thinner than the perimeter of the rest of my hair.  How can I improve this area?

You may simply have finer hair strands in that section, so it is more prone to breakage. It could also be your naturally most resistant sections to moisture. Once you get max hydration in that area, the area will clump even with out product. This is going to serve to protect those fine strands so they are not fighting individually (since dehydration forces your strands to be separate) but in one curl clump, almost like a really thick hair strand, and your hair will always go back to that clump. I may take a picture for a good visual.

Also the clay strengthens the hair. Limit your protein treatments to the cherry lola, because if you start trying to remedy the fine hair situation with excessive protein, that will solve one problem and cause another that will end up causing breakage anyway in the end.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 10:25am

I want to know those who have twa how do u guys preserve yours curls for sleeping. My hair is very short so i cant do anyfin to it to sleep. In the morning it get tangled and dry.
Hi afrolistic, Do you wear a satin sleeping bonnet? Or satin scarf or pillowcase? That should help. always cover your hair to sleep. Also, in the morning you can always rewet your hair and shake if your hair gets smushed. But it is important to cover your hair to sleep, no matter what method you are doing.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 10:39am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

I love the KCKT nice slip; but as soon as I apply the KCCC my hair feels like it has  clarified with a sulphate shampoo, squeaky clean, and no slip.  I have tried it watered down in various ratios, straight out the jar etc and tried used less etc,  Anyone have this problem?  My homemade gel fairs better

Hi christine uk i have same issue. Pinke told me to add more gel bt it still same. Can you give me your homemade gel recipe. Thnx

This is just how KCCC works. You are not applying enough to each section. The gel is squeaky if you try to add a really small amount. But if you aren't applying enough, you are going to get an astringent effect. I've had the same issue for awhile until I realized I was not applying enough gel per section. If you are feeling a squeaky feeling, take that directly as you re not applying enough.

Aketafitgirl shows it in her wash and go routine video as well, you need to apply enough gel until it feels slippery along the shaft. If it is not slippery, then apply more. You can watch my video or aketafitgirls wash and go vid. Once enough is applied the KCCC is extremely slippery and your fingers will glide through your hair. Don't be afraid to be heavy handed. If it's too much, you can just slide the excess out of your hair, and put it on the lid of the kccc jar to use for a different section.

Also, make sure your hair is soaking wet when you do the steps, especially during the leave in, you need to make sure you hair is sopping wet. You can apply more conditioner to a section and even spray it with water on top of that. I've discovered having my hair soaking wet has allowed me to do my hair in bigger sections, as long as I'm properly applying product to my roots and making sure it really gets on the roots of each strand in the section, then I'm able to smooth, pinch, and rake it down.

Also, make sure your hair is soaking wet when you do the steps, especially during the leave in, you need to make sure you hair is sopping wet. You can apply more conditioner to a section and even spray it with water on top of that. I've discovered having my hair soaking wet has allowed me to do my hair in bigger sections, as long as I'm properly applying product to my roots and making sure it really gets on the roots of each strand in the section, then I'm able to smooth, pinch, and rake it down. 

Hi ladies, I just wanted to add my 2cents:

It's very important for the hair to be extremely/soaking wet before you apply your gel, for best results.

Below is a technique that I have just started doing, after watching danabnatural's videos and has been working well for me is:

-After getting out the shower with soaking wet hair, I would take a small section, apply my conditioner from root to tip. If it leaves white residue or foams/or if its too much I would slide it all out with my fingers, then spray the section with water. Then apply the gel from root to tip making sure that the whole section is coated.

HTH

Christine UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 11:25am
Hi Afrolistic. I just followed the flaxseed gel recipe; you can find tons of recipes all over you tube. Check out Naptural85 and Rachelcpr recipes. You can then experiment by making herbal infusions for the waterbase and use different types of mucilaginous herbs/plants that are slippery such as Irish Moss. Startt with a basic recipe: 1 Cup flaxseeds and 2 cups of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 5-10 mins then strain into an appropriate container. When at room temp, you can add a few drops of essential oils, vit E (to prolong the shelf life (or a preservative). If not using a preservative, store in fridge. Use up within 2 weeks. You can control the viscosity of the gel by adding or reducing your seeds or water content. Once you have made it, you will know which way you will want to go for the consistency. Can also add cosmetic fragrances to add a nice scent, depending on your preferences. Hth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 11:40am
Thank you for replying. Trust me when I say, I am putting my products ob soaking wet hair. I have a sprat bittle to saturate the sections if needed, and following Pinke's video directions. I use a spray bottle for the watered down kckt and a pointy nozzle top bottle so I can apply the gel from root to tip. It looks like I needed to work on the consistency of the gel! I am going to stick to my DIY gel as I can't afford to be too heavy handed on the kccc. I will continue to use the kckt but I have made my on conditioner and its been great for co-washing, with plenty of slip! Contains none of the no-no ingredients, only the good stuff! I will experiment with it as a LI to see how that affects my final results.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 11:44am
Thanks for your feedback. I will cut back on the cherry lola. I stRted this journey on May 25 and I have done a CL every 2 weeks. How often do you recommend I do them? Once every 3 weeks or once a month? Also thanks for the reply on the Kccc issue
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Hi ladies, I just wanted to add my 2cents:

It's very important for the hair to be extremely/soaking wet before you apply your gel, for best results.

Below is a technique that I have just started doing, after watching danabnatural's videos and has been working well for me is:

-After getting out the shower with soaking wet hair, I would take a small section, apply my conditioner from root to tip. If it leaves white residue or foams/or if its too much I would slide it all out with my fingers, then spray the section with water. Then apply the gel from root to tip making sure that the whole section is coated.

HTH

Exactly like Msdeekay said Smile
sexipink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote sexipink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 1:54pm
I haven't posted in this forum in like forever, but I just had to share my results. I started this method Friday night and completed my 1st day yesterday and I must say I am a true believer. I followed all the steps, only thing I missed was the avocado in my modified cherry lola treatment. I really wish I took some more b4 pics to better show my results, but I do have one of my wash n go from a couple of days ago.

Wash n go with Miss Jessies Quick Curls.. A puffy dry mess,

And here are my pics after the Max Hydration Method. I used KCNT (with water) & KCCC

My hair was still nice and curly this morning after only sleeping with a bonnet on (no pineapple or twist). I really didn't want to wash my hair, but I want to get through with these 7 days. Thank you sooo much for introducing this method pinkecube

Edited by sexipink - Jul 06 2014 at 2:08pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 1:56pm

Thank you for replying. Trust me when I say, I am putting my products ob soaking wet hair. I have a sprat bittle to saturate the sections if needed, and following Pinke's video directions. I use a spray bottle for the watered down kckt and a pointy nozzle top bottle so I can apply the gel from root to tip. It looks like I needed to work on the consistency of the gel! I am going to stick to my DIY gel as I can't afford to be too heavy handed on the kccc. I will continue to use the kckt but I have made my on conditioner and its been great for co-washing, with plenty of slip! Contains none of the no-no ingredients, only the good stuff! I will experiment with it as a LI to see how that affects my final results.
You can also layer your DIY gel with the kccc. That's great about your handmade conditioner! Do tell your results using it as a leave in. What are the ingredients? I was actually looking up some things on handmade leave in conditioners, but the one I found was literally just aloe juice and olive oil mixed together, not ideal. Here's some stuff I found on emulsions. http://allnaturalbeauty.us/emulsions.htm

Thanks for your feedback. I will cut back on the cherry lola. I stRted this journey on May 25 and I have done a CL every 2 weeks. How often do you recommend I do them? Once every 3 weeks or once a month? Also thanks for the reply on the Kccc issue
Youre welcome Smile I recommend not to do them any more often than every 2 weeks, but you don't have to do the treatment every 2 weeks. Do them as often as you feel is needed. I do the Cherry Lola whenever I feel I need some protein. For now, maybe space it out to every 4 weeks.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 254>
  Share Topic