Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 180>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 11:09am
Hi all - PINKE or any one else able to answer, please let me know if all Koils by Nature gels are okay to use. I have a store credit I need to use + they have a promo code & free shipping going onThumbs Up. I know the Peppermint one is on the approved gels list but what about the Unscented (probably ok?) and Eucalyptus and Lavender ones? They look mostly all natural (I think all her products are) but I'm listing ingredients below:

UNSCENTED:
Ingredients:  Herb infused distilled water infused, aloe vera juice, Shea oil, grapeseed oil, macadamia nut oil, * http://www.jamaicanblackcastoroil.com/hair-care-products/sunny-isle-jamaican-black-castor-oil. - Jamaican Black Castor Oil, carbomer,*organic marshmallow root, *organic slippery elm bark, *Jamaican Black Castor Oil, potassium sorbate, willows bark, citric acid.

Eucalyptus and Lavender
Ingredients:  Herb infused distilled water infused, aloe vera juice, Shea oil, grapeseed oil, macadamia nut oil, * http://www.jamaicanblackcastoroil.com/hair-care-products/sunny-isle-jamaican-black-castor-oil. - Jamaican Black Castor Oil, carbomer,*organic marshmallow root,*organic slippery elm bark, *Jamaican Black Castor Oil, potassium sorbate, willows bark, eucalyptus & lavender essential oils, citric acid.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Sponsored Links

veegirllove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veegirllove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

My hair feels dry when the hair dries. Its only soft when wet or damp. Thoughts? Hi my hair experience the same thing dry and hard but when i feel the individual strands they are moisturized..i can never get a second day wash and go..i believe with all the clarifying and bentonite clay washes my hair is completely detoxed so i decided to give myself a cherry lola treatment which helped get moisture in some of the driest parts of my hair which im discovering are more porous. My hair feels alot softer and moisturized when dry and even a little bit of shine. I know the method works but im finding i need protein because my hair is fine.   
veegirllove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veegirllove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 1:29pm
I dont know to reply to post right my apologizes
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by juan_mos juan_mos wrote:

Hi all - PINKE or any one else able to answer, please let me know if all Koils by Nature gels are okay to use. I have a store credit I need to use + they have a promo code & free shipping going onThumbs Up. I know the Peppermint one is on the approved gels list but what about the Unscented (probably ok?) and Eucalyptus and Lavender ones? They look mostly all natural (I think all her products are) but I'm listing ingredients below:

THANKS IN ADVANCE

yes these are fine.

UNSCENTED:
Ingredients:  Herb infused distilled water infused, aloe vera juice, Shea oil, grapeseed oil, macadamia nut oil, * http://www.jamaicanblackcastoroil.com/hair-care-products/sunny-isle-jamaican-black-castor-oil. - Jamaican Black Castor Oil, carbomer,*organic marshmallow root, *organic slippery elm bark, *Jamaican Black Castor Oil, potassium sorbate, willows bark, citric acid.

Eucalyptus and Lavender
Ingredients:  Herb infused distilled water infused, aloe vera juice, Shea oil, grapeseed oil, macadamia nut oil, * http://www.jamaicanblackcastoroil.com/hair-care-products/sunny-isle-jamaican-black-castor-oil. - Jamaican Black Castor Oil, carbomer,*organic marshmallow root,*organic slippery elm bark, *Jamaican Black Castor Oil, potassium sorbate, willows bark, eucalyptus & lavender essential oils, citric acid.

Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 3:07pm
Thx Pinke - I'll carry on looking also.
FaNcee NATURAL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaNcee NATURAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 4:06pm
I finally broke down and purchased KCKT today because of all the great reviews. Has anyone tried KCKT with FLAXSEED GEL instead of KCCC? What were your results

Edited by FaNcee NATURAL - Jul 01 2014 at 4:14pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Loves2Laugh Loves2Laugh wrote:

So after all that that the Giovanni products that I ordered are all the new Eco Chic formula - the website had pics of both Eco Chic bottle on some and the old formula Pure Organic bottles on others. But I was advised that they're all new formula. ARGGHH! They were v helpful though and refunded my money straight away

Pinke, the only other two conditioners on my list that you approved are the Botanical Skin Leave, which is out of stock.  The Kirks Natural contains soapwort, which contains saponins. I guess this is no good for a leave-in?

Kirks Natural Products Original Coco Castile Conditioner
Purified Water, Hydroxyethylcellulose (Plant Fiber), DMDM Hydantoin, Coconut Oil, Aloe, Chamomile, Soapwort, Natural Fragrance.

Botanical Skin Works - Leave In Conditioner
Ingredients: *^Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter), *Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil,  *Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, *Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Nut Oil, CO-Q10, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), *Organic Proprietary Blend of Botanical Infusion of Extracts, Essential Oil Blend of Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary), Salvia Officinali (Sage) and *Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender).

Loves to laugh, I just looked up the ingredients for the kirks. Where ever website you are getting some of these ingredients lists, they are outdated. This product is a no-no it has silicones in it. I re-checked the botanical and it is okay.

http://www.iherb.com/kirk-s-original-coco-castile-conditioner-16-fl-oz-473-ml/51633

Kirks original coco castille conditioner
Other Ingredients

Purified water, cetearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, stearalkonium chloride, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, potassium sorbate, hexylene glycol, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, dimethicone, coconut oil, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, saponaria officinalis leaf/root extract, natural fragrance.

For now, it seems like it would be worth it just to get the kckt. they sell it at the curly emporium which is a UK site. I hope to be able to find some other MHM friendly conditioners there as well.

http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/

Edited by pinkecube - Jul 01 2014 at 11:02pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 6:04am
Pinke, ugh, what a nightmare . Thx for looking that up. The website I was using was called the Vitamin Grocer - I chose it because it had lots of stuff that I couldn't find over here.

UK ladies, the Vitamin Grocers prices are reasonable, plus they have free P&P if you spend over £20 and there's a 15% discount for first time buyers. However:

- Do check the products ingredient list elsewhere as lots of the products I've come across on the Vitamins Grocer UKs website have ingredients lists which are out of date.

- Delivery for free P&P takes up to 10-15 days

Also, the 15% discount code is VGUKV

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 6:06am
How about this gel?

Strauss Styling Gel

Water, gum extract, jack pine extract, chamomile flower extract, calendula flower extract, horsetail herb extract, nettle leaf extract, dandelion leaf extract, red clover flower extract, olive fruit oil, pumpkin seed oil.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 10:35am

Pinke, ugh, what a nightmare . Thx for looking that up. The website I was using was called the Vitamin Grocer - I chose it because it had lots of stuff that I couldn't find over here.

UK ladies, the Vitamin Grocers prices are reasonable, plus they have free P&P if you spend over £20 and there's a 15% discount for first time buyers. However:

- Do check the products ingredient list elsewhere as lots of the products I've come across on the Vitamins Grocer UKs website have ingredients lists which are out of date.

- Delivery for free P&P takes up to 10-15 days

Also, the 15% discount code is VGUKV

Yeah just double check the ingredients list by googling-- "(product name) ingredients". and click on another site to check the list.

How about this gel?

Strauss Styling Gel

Water, gum extract, jack pine extract, chamomile flower extract, calendula flower extract, horsetail herb extract, nettle leaf extract, dandelion leaf extract, red clover flower extract, olive fruit oil, pumpkin seed oil.

yes, this gel is okayThumbs Up

Edited by pinkecube - Jul 02 2014 at 10:36am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures