Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 291>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CurlyGurlTash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CurlyGurlTash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

I think I may try danabnaturals regimen. It seems less time consuming than what I'm doing now. (It takes about 2 hours to do my hair right now and I have to do mine all in one sitting) what she does is

1. bentonite clay mask (15-30 min)
2. step in shower and co-wash with baking soda mixture (she leaves her's on for 1-2 mins no showercap)
3. co-wash with MHM approved conditioner and detangle (5-10 mins?), squeeze excess conditioner out. Don't rinse
4. Apply gel on soaking wet hair

I saw that. I'd like to try this every day and see what the result is. If it is as functional as MHM.

Have to say though, I don't think this would be as effective if she JUST started out with this. I did MHM on my friend for the first time. I'm not sure if the results would have been AS good. 

Anyway, I will experiment! I know my hair loves conditioner with BS.

I did her regimen today and got my best wash and go. I think what really helped was making sure my hair was soaking wet when I applied the gel. Then I also sprayed my hair with water after I applied the gel then shook. Great results and It only took me 30-40 minutes compared to 2-3 hours before..

I too did my hair the way Danabnatural demostrated in her video and I like it much better. I've been using the radiant volume tresemme naturals for the co-wash/Dc and KCKT & GTCG for my styling so I didn't have to have soaking wet hair. I will experiment some more and see what happens. I already had started to experiment with doing the clay wash before the baking soda wash and I prefer it because I don't need the clay to help me with definition. The clay being the last step prior to step 4 & 5 just left my hair to tangly and stripped like.
@aharri are you still using the TJTTT? I want to pick up some but i don't know how my hair would handle that soy protein all the time.
Sponsored Links

Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 7:51pm

I think I may try danabnaturals regimen. It seems less time consuming than what I'm doing now. (It takes about 2 hours to do my hair right now and I have to do mine all in one sitting) what she does is

2. step in shower and co-wash with baking soda mixture (she leaves her's on for 1-2 mins no showercap)
3. co-wash with MHM approved conditioner and detangle (5-10 mins?), squeeze excess conditioner out. Don't rinse

I saw that. I'd like to try this every day and see what the result is. If it is as functional as MHM.

Have to say though, I don't think this would be as effective if she JUST started out with this. I did MHM on my friend for the first time. I'm not sure if the results would have been AS good. 

I did her regimen today and got my best wash and go. I think what really helped was making sure my hair was soaking wet when I applied the gel. Then I also sprayed my hair with water after I applied the gel then shook. Great results and It only took me 30-40 minutes compared to 2-3 hours before..
I will try this tonite since I'll be doing my hair. If I get good results this will definitely help me when I do my midweek washes. I'm usually up all night doing my hair during the work week! Lol
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Give it a shot aharri, and tell your results. I feel like this would work with the bakingsoda option, but maybe not with acv. Maybe if acv was done first.

A quick thing to remember though, DanaB still incorporates DCing, she just spaces it out. She noted this helps her hydration levels in one of her other vids. So you might end up alternating btwn MHM and her version. This I'm thinking it's okay to experiment with since you've been building up moisture for awhile.

I know during step 4 and 5 i smooth out excess foam from my hair when i apply the leave in, so that can be applied to MHM. I make recommendations, but the way you do the last two steps can be played around with it just matters that you do them.

I tried it today and so far so good. I really love MHM pinke, but 2-3 hours every other day on hair is just too much. I really think her regimen could be a modified/quicker MHM option because for me personally I don't like to spend more that 30-45 min on my hair. I haven't been able to rinse my hair in the shower because of how long it takes and i would waste so much water lol. Today I applied the clay mask out of the shower on wet hair, let it sit for 15 min then i used the shower for the BS/condish and detangling process. It felt soo good to do my hair in the shower again LOL.

I will try to DC once a week. DanaB also uses olive oil and honey in her DC so i may experiment with that.

So yeah most definitely try doing her version and let me know how it works for you
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:23pm

Dude, I just got done with it and I concur. My BEST wash-n-go... Look, now 100% of my hair moves (the front doesn't move THAT much even when I jump ALOT lol, but it moves!!!) lol watch: https://vine.co/v/MFW7Leq0tev

#1. I applied mud mask like a relaxer, put a cap on for 1 hour (just because I forgot to wash it out)
#2. Then I applied conditioner + baking soda + a bit of oil, put a cap on for another hour (just because I forgot to wash it out lol)
#3. I really feel like I could have skipped putting conditioner on again after that because I put my already diluted conditioner in a spray bottle and used it to spray my hair soaking wet in section, then apply my gel. Then I sprayed it again when I was done, shook, and found that most of my head is shaking (at least somewhat) now.

This is crazy. I never in 1 million years believed my hair could be like this. The test will be to see what it feels like once it dries.

Tomorrow, I will experiment with doing BS conditioner first, then mud mask. Basically I am combining step 1 and 2 of MHM and simplifying the moisturizer and gel step.

I also have to say, the results would not happen with the BS option. I have been trying to get the same results with the BS cleanser as I do with BS conditioner and its just NOT THE SAME. I will now use BS conditioner (less diluted than the cleanser, basically) from now on.

Unfortunately, my flaxseed gel is not as effective using this shortened method as using the original MHM. I think this might be because my hair is at a lower pH due to more concentrated baking soda. KCCC is too expensive, though. Flaxseed + KCCC works, but I flaxseed + already diluted KCCC has more frizz. 

Haha, glad it worked for you! That vine video made me laugh

For me I like to "wash and go" and the MHM is a LONG process if you do it in one sitting so I am so glad she shared her regimen. Also her hair is about the same length mine before i cut my hair and she's been natural I think 18 months whereas it took me about 3 years to get to that. Lol
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by CurlyGurlTash CurlyGurlTash wrote:

Dude, I just got done with it and I concur. My BEST wash-n-go... Look, now 100% of my hair moves (the front doesn't move THAT much even when I jump ALOT lol, but it moves!!!) lol watch: https://vine.co/v/MFW7Leq0tev

#1. I applied mud mask like a relaxer, put a cap on for 1 hour (just because I forgot to wash it out)
#2. Then I applied conditioner + baking soda + a bit of oil, put a cap on for another hour (just because I forgot to wash it out lol)
#3. I really feel like I could have skipped putting conditioner on again after that because I put my already diluted conditioner in a spray bottle and used it to spray my hair soaking wet in section, then apply my gel. Then I sprayed it again when I was done, shook, and found that most of my head is shaking (at least somewhat) now.

This is crazy. I never in 1 million years believed my hair could be like this. The test will be to see what it feels like once it dries.

Tomorrow, I will experiment with doing BS conditioner first, then mud mask. Basically I am combining step 1 and 2 of MHM and simplifying the moisturizer and gel step.

I also have to say, the results would not happen with the BS option. I have been trying to get the same results with the BS cleanser as I do with BS conditioner and its just NOT THE SAME. I will now use BS conditioner (less diluted than the cleanser, basically) from now on.

Unfortunately, my flaxseed gel is not as effective using this shortened method as using the original MHM. I think this might be because my hair is at a lower pH due to more concentrated baking soda. KCCC is too expensive, though. Flaxseed + KCCC works, but I flaxseed + already diluted KCCC has more frizz. 

I too did my hair the way Danabnatural demostrated in her video and I like it much better. I've been using the radiant volume tresemme naturals for the co-wash/Dc and KCKT & GTCG for my styling so I didn't have to have soaking wet hair. I will experiment some more and see what happens. I already had started to experiment with doing the clay wash before the baking soda wash and I prefer it because I don't need the clay to help me with definition. The clay being the last step prior to step 4 & 5 just left my hair to tangly and stripped like. 

@aharri are you still using the TJTTT? I want to pick up some but i don't know how my hair would handle that soy protein all the time.

That's great. I like her regimen better do. I think one of the most important things with natural hair is to have a simple routine like hers. I'm still trying to decide if I want to cleanse once a week like she does with BS and the cllay mask or just cleanse everytime I re-do my hair (every 2-3 days)

I am still using the TJTTT. My hair hated eco styler beause the protein was high on the ingredient list, but my hair is fine with the TJTTT. The soy protein is like the last ingredient. I have a problem paying $12 for 8 oz. of product so KCKT will probably never get anymore money out of me. Lol

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:54pm

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Give it a shot aharri, and tell your results. I feel like this would work with the bakingsoda option, but maybe not with acv. Maybe if acv was done first.

A quick thing to remember though, DanaB still incorporates DCing, she just spaces it out. She noted this helps her hydration levels in one of her other vids. So you might end up alternating btwn MHM and her version. This I'm thinking it's okay to experiment with since you've been building up moisture for awhile.

I know during step 4 and 5 i smooth out excess foam from my hair when i apply the leave in, so that can be applied to MHM. I make recommendations, but the way you do the last two steps can be played around with it just matters that you do them.

I tried it today and so far so good. I really love MHM pinke, but 2-3 hours every other day on hair is just too much. I really think her regimen could be a modified/quicker MHM option because for me personally I don't like to spend more that 30-45 min on my hair. I haven't been able to rinse my hair in the shower because of how long it takes and i would waste so much water lol. Today I applied the clay mask out of the shower on wet hair, let it sit for 15 min then i used the shower for the BS/condish and detangling process. It felt soo good to do my hair in the shower again LOL.

I will try to DC once a week. DanaB also uses olive oil and honey in her DC so i may experiment with that.

So yeah most definitely try doing her version and let me know how it works for you
i understand aharri, glad it worked for you!SmileReally this is just the regimen with both step 1 and 3 side by side, instead of splitting it with a cowash or steam. Its something i considered as an option before, and i was even going to experiment with it but at the time i thought it could get a little too drying clarifying side by side. So i just put it into the bald spot version of the mhm regimen. The bald spot regimen actually is this though, the 2 clarifying steps right after the other, (no step 2)and then DC for 2 weeks. So this is definetly an option to add to MHM, nothing wrong with adjusting it for those of you who do it all at once. The steps are still doing everything mhm does: clarify, lift cuticle, apply moisture, seal. The whole point of mhm is to make things easier for everyone so if it works, we're gonna add it.

For those doing the acv option trying this alternate way, just switch acv rinse to before the clay step, since acv would close the cuticle. That way the clay will open it back up when you apply moisture.

Im going to be adding this into mhm as an option for those doing it during the day. I do want to try it myself first too, and see how it works daily. Im glad she made this video bc ive been brainstorming for awhile how i could make this work faster for those doing it during the day without causing any setbacks.

I like the idea as well about regular cowashing leave in and gel inbetween. The reason mhm is done every 3 days is because conditioner lasts 3 days in the hair. This way of splitting it enables you to introduce moisture and remove shed hairs from your hair often enough, with out having to do the entire regimen again. Another great option to help prevent setbacks while saving time. This is something i would adopt if i had been doing the regimen for at least 14 regimen repeats, for those just starting. Just b/c when u are starting you still want to do this often for faster results.

Right now im experiementing with an alternate bakingsoda option as well to help people save conditioner involving honey and olive oil. Ive been experimenting with different measurements and once i find one i like im going to be adding it as an alternative option. So far it works equally as well, im going to test how it works out with this alternative all in one go option as well.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 28 2014 at 12:29am
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 1:10am

I just wanted to chime in on the conversation. I also watched DanaBs video and I will give her regimen a try. Some things that I noticed that I wanted to summarize here:

- Keeping the hair completely soaking wet when doing the steps. Especially for the leave in and Gel part.

- Removing excess conditioner before applying gel helps in avoiding the white residue, avoiding crunchiness and also we don't need to use a lot of gel.

Another thing we have to consider is she has already reached Maximum Hydration and also it took her 8 months to build her moisture levels and get there. This information will help us all be a lot more patient with our progress.

She also mentioned that this is only her weekend routine and that she has a daily routine for the weekday where she DC's as well. I'm looking forward to seeing that video as well and yes I agree this could be an option that will save us all a lot of time, especially those doing it all in one go.

It would be great Pinke If you can add this as an option on MHM as well and also add in notes for people to have their hair soaking wet in the steps and instructions to remove excess conditioner for step 4 & 5 as tips.

Edited by msdeekay - Jun 28 2014 at 1:11am
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 5:56am
Thx Pinke!Smile  I can now order my stuff and should be able to start MHM properly next week - yay! I'll probably do a modified version too .

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Jun 28 2014 at 6:26am
CheeryOh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CheeryOh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 8:48am

Is this started on dry hair? 
Is step three also in the shower?  I'm wondering how you detangle (presumably under the water) but don't rinse.  

Thanks!
CheeryOh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CheeryOh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 8:51am
I just was the msdeekay already answered my questions.  Thank you!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 291>
  Share Topic