Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 287>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by nicks_hotmama06 nicks_hotmama06 wrote:

After a seven day stretch, I did the MHM regime on my daughter again. I don't do wash and goes on her as she just turned five. For the most part, I keep her extremely thick, very fine hair in twists that can be put into pigtails or ponytails. I noticed that detangling, and sectioning seemed to be easier and go faster.  Now, I do keep her hair in the twists while clarifying and conditioning, so that may also cut down on the tangling (I have done it that way for a while because she is extremely tender headed and cries during combing - this lessens the need for intensive detangling). I also noticed that her twists didn't seem to shrink up quite as much as when I was doing the TCM. Her hair when stretched reaches her lower back and the shrinkage is unreal......but noticeably less than before.Tongue
     Since I still have that rotten chemically altered hair on my ends, finger detangling is a no-go. It's painful and my fingers get caught no matter what.....so I still use my denman for detangling. I  read that this will disturb the curls from clumping. Is this damage permanent? When I finally have all the ends gone, will the curls clump as they should? Will denman detangling and twisting or braiding for other styles cost all the hard work of developing curl clumps???
Thanks for the progress update. I wouldn't worry about that until i finish transitioning, since you won't be doing wash and goes. The brush is going to separate coils and make your hair separate, but as soon as you start finger detangling it should go right back to normal. Separating with a brush right before you do your wash and go just means it will hinder your results. With twists, it's really all about the memory of your hair. So you can do a wash and go right after a twist out, and your hair can remain slightly stretched from it and the shape will follow a bit of the shape from the twist out. It may then take another wash to get defined again. It isn't going to effect moisture but does affect immediate results right after. I wouldn't worry about it especially while you are transitioning, those are just styles at the end of the day.
Sponsored Links

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Hi everyone,
I just uploaded a video on how I create my clay mixture. Hope this helps Smile
Thanks for another wonderful video, DeeBig smile
DominicanMorenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 4:17pm
Wonderful video Ms Dee.

Edited by DominicanMorenita - Jun 26 2014 at 4:19pm
nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 6:12pm
Thanks Pinke!
leatha2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote leatha2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 9:31pm
I just wanted to say that danabnatural just uploaded a tutorial on how she does her hair with the clay and ballooning soda. So go check it out.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 9:54pm
Thank you for that information msdeekay. I do color my hair.

I will have to think about this since I don't plan on discontinuing coloring. By the time it detoxes it will be time for new color.[/QUOTE]

Could coloring your hair naturally be an option? 

On the terressential site they recommend henna.

I'm not sure if other natural hair color recipes would have the same effect as regular hair dyes they didn't mention these on their site. But you could look into these or try searching "natural hair color recipes" It could be worth a try :)
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by DominicanMorenita DominicanMorenita wrote:

Wonderful video Ms Dee.

Thank you @DominicanMorenita Big smile
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by leatha2000 leatha2000 wrote:

I just wanted to say that danabnatural just uploaded a tutorial on how she does her hair with the clay and ballooning soda. So go check it out.

YAY ClapI saw she posted like 3 videos back to back showing her full regimen. Saving them and going to watch them soon, thanks for the heads up @leatha2000
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Hi everyone,
I just uploaded a video on how I create my clay mixture. Hope this helps Smile
Thanks for another wonderful video, DeeBig smile

Thank you PinkeBig smile
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:10pm
@ leatha2000, thanks for the heads up gonna post them all on here as well!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 287>
  Share Topic