Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 250>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by afrolistic afrolistic wrote:

Thnx soo nuch ms dee. I will try this tecnic next time. I wanted to no how long does it take for your hair to dry? I washed my hair 4hrs ago and it still wet. This has never happened to me before infact my hair used to dry out less than an hour after washing. Is this a gud or bad sign.

My hair does take some time to get to 100% dry but I have never checked how long. I will be checking how long and will get back to you.
Sponsored Links

msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

I will keep you updated. It is hard to explain the reaction my hair has with the mud. Its something that if you don't experience it you would not believe it. Its a similar reaction of putting a sulfate shampoo on my hair. I had the same issue with terressentials. My hair reacts immediately when anything touches my hair whether good or bad. If I figure out how to rectify it I will share because I know I'm not the only person that will have this severe reaction. Lots of women stopped using mud for this reason.

Hi DenzKoils, I just read on the terresentials site that the reason the mud may cause this drying effect is due to it detoxifying the hair especially if previously you either had chemically treated hair/color or relaxed hair and/or have been using products with "synthetic “protein” polymers (e.g. soy, wheat or oat proteins—that are not edible foods), plastic polymers such as PVP (petrochemical polyvinyl pyrrolidone) and gum coating agents"

They say the:
"hair may feel stiff, sticky, oily, heavy or dry. This feeling may persist until the residues of protein and plastic polymers have been completely removed."

it says this  detoxifying process takes 3 to 4 weeks before the hair starts to feel the moisturizing effect of the clay.

They also mention this type of hair being more prone to tangles.

This is something worth considering to all of you who may be getting this drying effect with the clay, especially for those of you who may be transitioning, have colored hair or who may have a lot of build up from protein and plastic polymers.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 11:33pm

I will keep you updated. It is hard to explain the reaction my hair has with the mud. Its something that if you don't experience it you would not believe it. Its a similar reaction of putting a sulfate shampoo on my hair. I had the same issue with terressentials. My hair reacts immediately when anything touches my hair whether good or bad. If I figure out how to rectify it I will share because I know I'm not the only person that will have this severe reaction. Lots of women stopped using mud for this reason.
keep us updated Denzkoils. Going off of what Dee said, it is possible your hair is at a detox stage from all your previous products. So maybe that's what is happening now. Btw what other options have you chosen in the regimen? Step 1? Step 2?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by sdnaught sdnaught wrote:

I wish I had taken "before" pictures, because I have been using the method for a week now and am very happy with the results.  I did the cherry lola first, then ACV method one day, then baking soda for the next few days because I discovered that my conditioner was causing buildup.  My mud mixes definitely leave something to be desired, but my hair was doing well. 
Then on day 6, I started using DevaCurl products because I just cannot see how I can go to the gym in the mornings and work out then have to do this regiment in the locker rooms.  Even if I do the split-option, I would still end up doing the messiest part in the women's room.  Not ideal.  So I tried the DevaCurl conditioner and gel and right off the bat, the gel is no good for my hair.  I was starting to see some definition at the roots but today my hair is very dry.
So back to the regiment for maybe another week of everyday maintenance.
Can you offer any ideas on how to make mornings away from home more obtainable?
Hi Sdnaught, welcome to the MHM journey!Smile Yes the diva curl products have a lot of no-no ingredients. Not MHM friendly. I recommend just going to the gym with the step 2's shower cap on under a scarf and when you get back home complete the rest of the steps. Otherwise, you may try doing steps 1-3 before bed, Apply conditioner and DC overnight, and then do a cowash at the gym and complete step's 4 and 5. You may find that your results aren't as good on these days but at least all the steps will be completed. You can try it out. I for one on lazy days just do step 1 then stop at step 2, DCing until I can complete steps 3-4. Keeps me from set backs, and i try to redo step 1 again once it has reached 3-4 days of DCing.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 12:39am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by Loves2Laugh Loves2Laugh wrote:

Pinke, could you pls let me know if these conditioners are MHM compatible? I may haye some more soon; it takes a while to go through the products and weed out the ones that I know contain no-no ingredients.

Giovanni Cosmetics Conditioner Smooth Silk - 8.5 oz

Aqua (Purified Water) with (1)Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Oil, (1)Nettle (Uritica Dioica) Oil, (1)Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil, Birch Leaf (Butela Alba) Oil, (1)Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilus Flower) Oil, (1)Clary (Salvia Sclarea), (1)Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia), (1)Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Farfara), (1) Yarrow (Achillea Millefolium) Oil, (1)Mallow (Malva Sylvestris), (1)Horsetail (Equistetum Arvense) Oil, (1)Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja), Cetyl Alcohol (plant derived), Stearalkonium Chloride, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (corn), Sodium Hydroxymethglycinate, Grapefruit Seed (citrus derived).

Giovanni Cosmetics Conditioner Tea Tree (Triple Treat) - 8.5 oz

Aqua (Purified Water) with (1) Tea Tree (Melaleucas Alternifolia), (1)Peppermint (Mentha Piperita) Oil, (1)Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Officinalis) Oil, (1)Nettle (Uritica Dioica) Oil, (1)Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil, Birch Leaf (Butela Alba) Oil, (1)Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilus Flower) Oil, (1)Clary (Salvia Sclarea), (1)Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Farfara), (1)Yarrow (Achillia Millefolium) Oil, (1)Mallow (Malva Sylvestris), (1)Horsetail (Equistetum Arvense) Oil, (1)Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja), Cetyl Alcohol (plant derived), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (corn), Sodium Hydroxymethylgycinate, Grapefruit Seed (citrus derived).

Giovanni Cosmetics Conditioner Direct - 8.5 oz (this is leave in conditioner)

Aqua (Purified Water) with (1)Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Oil, (1)Nettle (Uritica Dioica) Oil, (1)Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil, Birch Leaf (Butela Alba) Oil, (1)Clary (Salvia Sclarea), (1)Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia), (1)Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Farfara), (1)Yarrow (Achillea Millefolium) Oil, (1)Mallow (Malva Sylvestris), (1)Horsetail (Equistetum Arvense) Oil, (1)Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja), Cetyl Alcohol (plant derived), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (corn), Sodium Hydroxymethyglycinate, Grapefruit Seed (citrus derived).

Giovanni Cosmetics Nutrafixx Reconstructor ( 3 Minute Reconstructor ) - 6.8 fl oz (200 ml)
Aqua (Water) with (1)Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Oil, (1)Nettle (Uritica Dioica) Oil, (1)Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil, Birch Leaf (Butela Alba) Oil, (1)Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilus Flower) Oil, (1)Clary (Salvia Sclarea), (1)Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia), (1)Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Farfara), (1)Yarrow (Achillea Millefolium) Oil, (1)Mallow (Malva Sylvestris), (1)Horsetail (Equistetum Arvense) Oil, (1)Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja), Cetyl Alcohol (plant derived), Stearalkonium Chloride, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (corn), Sodium Hydroxymethyglycinate, Grapefruit Seed (citrus derived).

Giovanni Cosmetics Conditioner 5050 Balanced Remoisturizer - 8.5 oz
Aqua (Purified Water) with (1)Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Oil, (1)Nettle (Uritica Dioica) Oil,(1)Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil, Birch Leaf (Butela Alba) Oil, (1)Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilus Flower) Oil, (1)Clary (salvia Sclarea), (1)Lavender (Lavandula Augustifolia), (1)Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Farfara), (1) Yarrow Achillea Millefolium) Oil, (1)Mallow (Malva Sylvestris), (1)Horsetail (Equistetum Arvense) Oil, (1)Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Acetamide MEA, Cetyl Alcohol (plant derived), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (corn), Sodium Hydroxymethlgycinate, Grapefruit Seed (citrus derived).

TIA

I have looked some of these up before and they are no-no's. I wouldn't be surprised that they changed the ingredients from what you provided and barely changed the label so the ingredients you shared could be before the change. I think i talked about this before with msdeekay. I'll edit this with the page it is on.

Giovanni Cosmetics Conditioner Smooth Silk
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Bromide, Phenoxythanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Natural Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Leaf Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Valencia Organge) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Echinacea Purpurea Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Ginkgo Biloba Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Salix Alba (Willow Bark) (USDA Certified Organic)

Giovanni Cosmetics Conditioner Tea Tree (Triple Treat
Aqua/Water/Eau (Purified), Malaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Tea Tree *), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract (Peppermint *), Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil (Eucalyptus Officinalis *), Thyme Extract (Thymus Vulgaris *), Urtica Dioica Extract (Nettle *), Tussilago Farfara Flower Extract (Coltsfoot *), Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Extract (Sage *), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract (Rosemary *), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Leaf Extract (Lavender *), Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract (Horsetail *), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (Matricaria *), Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract (*), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Brassicamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Panthenol, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Menthol, Polysorbate 60, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexyglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (includes essential oil), Certified Organic (by Guaranteed Certification Services)

Giovanni Cosmetics Conditioner Direct

Aqua (purified water)‚ Cetyl Alcohol‚ Tocopherol (Vitamin E)‚ panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5)‚ Citric Acid‚ Phenoxyethanol‚ Natural Fragrance‚ Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Extract‚ *Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice‚ *Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil‚ *Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract‚ *Betula Alba Extract‚ *Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract‚ *Achillea Millefolium extract‚ *Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender) extract‚ *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract‚ *Salvia Sclarea (Cary) extract‚ *Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Extract‚ *Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Flower Extract‚ *Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract.

Giovanni
Cosmetics Nutrafixx Reconstructor This one is the only one okay

Aqua (purified water), *helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, *glycine soja (soybean) seed extract, *betula alba (birch) extract, *malva sylvestris (mallow) extract, achillea millefolium extract, *chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, *equisetum arvense extract, * lavandula angustifolia (lavender) extract, *rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, *salvia sclarea (clary) extract, *thymus vulgaris (thyme) extract, *tussilago farfara (coltsfoot) flowerer extract, urtica dioica (nettle) extract cetyl alcohol, steralkonium chloride, tocopherol (vitamin E), citric acid, phenoxyethanol, natural fragrance

Giovanni Cosmetics
Conditioner 5050 Balanced Remoisturizer 
Purified
Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin,
Brassicamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow)
Extract (*Yarrow), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract
(*Matricaria), Equisetum Hyemale (Horsetail) Extract (*), Lavandula
Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract (*Lavender), Rosmarinus Officinalis
(Rosemary) Extract (*Rosemary), Salvia Sclarea (Clary Sage) Extract
(*Clary), Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Extract (*Thyme), Tussilago Farfara
(Coltsfoot) Flower Extract (*Coltsfoot), Urtica Dioica (Nettle)
Extract (*Nettle), Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Cetearyl Alcohol,
Hydroxypropyl Guar, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Ethylhexl
Glycerin, Disodium EDTA, Panthenol,
Centrimonium Chloride, Fragrance, Citric Acid 

BTW Loves2Laugh, Giovanni seems to have two versions of the same product name. One is labeled eco-chic, the other is labeled pure organic.

These are the ingredients of two different Giovanni Direct Leave ins:

Giovanni Direct leave in- Pure Organic
- OKAY

Aqua (Purified Water) with (1)Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Oil, (1)Nettle (Uritica Dioica) Oil, (1)Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil, Birch Leaf (Butela Alba) Oil, (1)Clary (Salvia Sclarea), (1)Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia), (1)Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Farfara), (1)Yarrow (Achillea Millefolium) Oil, (1)Mallow (Malva Sylvestris), (1)Horsetail (Equistetum Arvense) Oil, (1)Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja), Cetyl Alcohol (plant derived), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (corn), Sodium Hydroxymethyglycinate, Grapefruit Seed (citrus derived).

Giovanni Direct Leave-In Weightless Moisture Conditioner - 8.5 fl oz

Giovanni Direct Leave in- Eco Chick
: NO-NO

Aqua (purified water)‚ Cetyl Alcohol‚ Tocopherol (Vitamin E)‚ panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5)‚ Citric Acid‚ Phenoxyethanol‚ Natural Fragrance‚ Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Extract‚ *Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice‚ *Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil‚ *Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract‚ *Betula Alba Extract‚ *Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract‚ *Achillea Millefolium extract‚ *Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender) extract‚ *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract‚ *Salvia Sclarea (Cary) extract‚ *Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Extract‚ *Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Flower Extract‚ *Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract.

As you can see the ingredients are different, but only a slight change in the product label is made, making it difficult to decipher. So if you get the Giovanni, make sure it is MHM friendly version. I think that is what happened with many of the conditioner ingredients you put.  One line is discontinued. Some of the ones you posted are no-no's in both formulations, though. When I looked up the pure organic and eco chick of the Tea tree tingle, both contained different ingredients from the one you listed, so they probably changed one of the formulations twice. Where did you get the ingredient list? Was there a picture of the bottle showing whether it was eco chick or pure organic?

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 26 2014 at 12:39am
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 6:34am
Hi everyone,
I just uploaded a video on how I create my clay mixture. Hope this helps Smile

DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 8:36am
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Hi DenzKoils, I just read on the terresentials site that the reason the mud may cause this drying effect is due to it detoxifying the hair especially if previously you either had chemically treated hair/color or relaxed hair and/or have been using products with "<span style="color: rgb0, 51, 51; font-family: arial, helvetica, 'sans serif'; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb255, 249, 234;">synthetic “protein” polymers (e.g. soy, wheat or oat proteins—that are </span><b style="color: rgb0, 51, 51; font-family: arial, helvetica, 'sans serif'; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">not<span style="color: rgb0, 51, 51; font-family: arial, helvetica, 'sans serif'; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb255, 249, 234;"> edible foods), plastic polymers such as PVP (petrochemical polyvinyl pyrrolidone) and gum coating agents"</span>
<span style="color: rgb0, 51, 51; font-family: arial, helvetica, 'sans serif'; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb255, 249, 234;">
</span>
<span style="color: rgb0, 51, 51; font-family: arial, helvetica, 'sans serif'; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb255, 249, 234;">They say </span>[COLOR="#003333" face="arial, helvetica, sans serif" size="2"]<span style="line-height: normal;"]the:</span][/COLOR]
<span style="color: rgb0, 51, 51; font-family: arial, helvetica, 'sans serif'; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb255, 249, 234;">"hair may feel stiff, sticky, oily, heavy or dry. This feeling may persist until the residues of protein and plastic polymers have been completely removed."</span>
<span style="color: rgb0, 51, 51; font-family: arial, helvetica, 'sans serif'; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb255, 249, 234;">
</span>
[COLOR="#003333" face="arial, helvetica, sans serif" size="2"]<span style="line-height: normal;"]it says this  detoxifying process takes 3 to 4 weeks before the hair starts to feel the moisturizing effect of the clay.</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#003333" face="arial, helvetica, sans serif" size="2"]<span style="line-height: normal;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#003333" face="arial, helvetica, sans serif" size="2"]<span style="line-height: normal;"]They also mention this type of hair being more prone to tangles.</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#003333" face="arial, helvetica, sans serif" size="2"]<span style="line-height: normal;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#003333" face="arial, helvetica, sans serif" size="2"]<span style="line-height: normal;"]This is something worth considering to all of you who may be getting this drying effect with the clay, especially for those of you who may be transitioning, have colored hair or who may have a lot of build up from protein and plastic polymers.</span][/COLOR]

Thank you for that information msdeekay. I do color my hair.

I will have to think about this since I don't plan on discontinuing coloring. By the time it detoxes it will be time for new color.
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 8:40am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

keep us updated Denzkoils. Going off of what Dee said, it is possible your hair is at a detox stage from all your previous products. So maybe that's what is happening now. Btw what other options have you chosen in the regimen? Step 1? Step 2?

I have all the right products but I have been using up stuff. I was using organicals conditioner for step 1 and a hodge podge of conditioners for step 2. I think it was Shea moisture mixed with something I don't remember. Ive used all of that up so will be using the new products starting Friday.
sdnaught View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sdnaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:25am
Thanks for the tips. I got the idea from Rachel cop's youtube, but no.
What I didn't say the first post: I am two years post BC and did Curly Girl the first year. I saw definition but never really reached max hydration.   The frizz and disappointment with shrinkage led me to wear braids for 10 months. I got tired if it and wanted to see my own hair again. I considered going back to relaxers or texturizing and sisterlocs until I found this site. In one week I have progressed further than that entire year! So now I just need to figure out how to get my shoulder length hair to not shrink into a twa and life would be perfect!
Thanks so much for this information.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by sdnaught sdnaught wrote:

Thanks for the tips. I got the idea from Rachel cop's youtube, but no.
What I didn't say the first post: I am two years post BC and did Curly Girl the first year. I saw definition but never really reached max hydration.   The frizz and disappointment with shrinkage led me to wear braids for 10 months. I got tired if it and wanted to see my own hair again. I considered going back to relaxers or texturizing and sisterlocs until I found this site. In one week I have progressed further than that entire year! So now I just need to figure out how to get my shoulder length hair to not shrink into a twa and life would be perfect!
Thanks so much for this information.

yes, rachaelcpr has got some really great tips and advice on her channel, but you have to kind of pick and choose some of the stuff and keep mhm in mind and information on here in mind, so you know what you can take from her and what may not be ideal. I had the same issue trying to adopt aloe juice like she does until i realized it wasnt ideal for my low porosity hair and made my hair frizzy and dry.

I'm so glad you found this before resorting to those other big changes. I know a lot of type 4 naturals especially 4c, who are at this point in there journey where they just aren't satisfied and just resulting to relaxing. I know this method is going to stop this trend because it proves many of our frustrations are solvable, and we can achieve the things we thought were impossible with our hair type.

It's good to hear that you are enjoying this method, I'm glad this is something you found and were led to try. Smile

For reducing shrinkage, that actually does improve with the regimen. The shrinkage is not going to be as extreme as you continue this method.  There are stretching options as well. On msdeekay's blog if you scroll down the page in the link, there are pictures of stretching options in step 6. Also at the end of the video I made, which can be found on page 72.

http://www.msdeekay.com/the-maximum-hydration-method/the-maximum-hydration-method-regimen/

hth!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123124 250>