Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 246>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 10:07am
I will keep you updated. It is hard to explain the reaction my hair has with the mud. Its something that if you don't experience it you would not believe it. Its a similar reaction of putting a sulfate shampoo on my hair. I had the same issue with terressentials. My hair reacts immediately when anything touches my hair whether good or bad. If I figure out how to rectify it I will share because I know I'm not the only person that will have this severe reaction. Lots of women stopped using mud for this reason.
Sponsored Links

kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 10:53am
Yea, what helped me when my hair was having curls, but not seperating and getting tangled was
#1 - better detangling and clipping of split ends and knots when I encounter them
#2 - applying EVERYTHING in thinner sections
#3 - being sure to apply the MUD MASK like a relaxer in smaller sections and leave it in for a longer amount of time

At this point, I have clumping, but the hair is not hanging when its dry. My hair ends up looking untidy. Where as before, I would fluff it out into a small afro, now I have clumps of curls popping up randomly all over my head. 

I want to experiment with doing FLAT TWISTS. Do you think I will still achieve good clumping?

Read your response too late. I mixed the flaxseed gel with my diluted KCCC. I'm pleased with the results so far. It allowed me to be heavy-handed and now more and more of the back of my hair is moving when I shake my head. I would say now 1/2 - 3/4 of my hair moves when I shake it (While wet). I'm excited I hope this means that soon the toughest part of my hair, the top, will start moving and that this is a sign that I'm reaching max hydration (finally)!

I'll also note... I put a tad of oil in my leave-in and I made my leave in a bit thicker than before. I've stopped putting oil on my SCALP since I now have a bit of oil in both my deep conditioner and my leave-in. My itching seems to be getting better and "moving" to different spots... further and further away from the center of my head which was extremely itchy 3 weeks ago.
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

Yea, what helped me when my hair was having curls, but not seperating and getting tangled was
#1 - better detangling and clipping of split ends and knots when I encounter them
#2 - applying EVERYTHING in thinner sections
#3 - being sure to apply the MUD MASK like a relaxer in smaller sections and leave it in for a longer amount of time

At this point, I have clumping, but the hair is not hanging when its dry. My hair ends up looking untidy. Where as before, I would fluff it out into a small afro, now I have clumps of curls popping up randomly all over my head. 

I want to experiment with doing FLAT TWISTS. Do you think I will still achieve good clumping?

Read your response too late. I mixed the flaxseed gel with my diluted KCCC. I'm pleased with the results so far. It allowed me to be heavy-handed and now more and more of the back of my hair is moving when I shake my head. I would say now 1/2 - 3/4 of my hair moves when I shake it (While wet). I'm excited I hope this means that soon the toughest part of my hair, the top, will start moving and that this is a sign that I'm reaching max hydration (finally)!

I'll also note... I put a tad of oil in my leave-in and I made my leave in a bit thicker than before. I've stopped putting oil on my SCALP since I now have a bit of oil in both my deep conditioner and my leave-in. My itching seems to be getting better and "moving" to different spots... further and further away from the center of my head which was extremely itchy 3 weeks ago.

On the weekends I will try to let it sit a little longer and see if that helps. I have been cutting splits as I find that. I will just keep at it.
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 1:52pm
pinke if i pull out a curl my ends are really thin and I have no idea why. Is it because my roots have reached max hydration and my ends havent? Also what is the correct way to get shed hairs out of my head? Because everytime I do steps 4 and 5 I am always having shed hairs on my hands.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

pinke if i pull out a curl my ends are really thin and I have no idea why. Is it because my roots have reached max hydration and my ends havent? Also what is the correct way to get shed hairs out of my head? Because everytime I do steps 4 and 5 I am always having shed hairs on my hands.
hi aharri. if your ends are thin that means your hair might not be the same lengths but it is still clumping into one curl. I don't think that's abnormal, i have it in areas where i had my bald spot, and some areas where shorter hair strands are next to longer ones. The shorter hairs clump right into the longer strand's clump, so it makes your ends look thin when really the hair lengths are just not even. For removing she hairs, do it under the shower in sections smooth, pinch, and rake and focus on getting sheds out. almost like you grab a section and just keep sliding your hands down it and raking until sheds come out. They will come out for the most part so you should have less sheds during the other steps.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 25 2014 at 2:23pm
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 2:27pm
Ok that makes sense because my hair is longer in some areas thanks!
DominicanMorenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 4:07pm
Hi pinke.. So I have been DC as you adviced me but today when I rinse out the conditioner, I use kinky curly knot today,,, my hair was so dry and hard... Any Idea?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by DominicanMorenita DominicanMorenita wrote:

Hi pinke.. So I have been DC as you adviced me but today when I rinse out the conditioner, I use kinky curly knot today,,, my hair was so dry and hard... Any Idea?
Hi DominicanMorenita, you should be waiting at least 2 weeks to rinse out, and DCing 24 hours a day. your hair was dry because there was only conditioner and water on your hair, so when you rinsed your hair was naked. Just apply more conditioner make sure your hair is saturated in it, and try to keep the cap on and not rinse out for 2 weeks until it is time to clarify.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 25 2014 at 4:25pm
sdnaught View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sdnaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 6:19pm
I wish I had taken "before" pictures, because I have been using the method for a week now and am very happy with the results.  I did the cherry lola first, then ACV method one day, then baking soda for the next few days because I discovered that my conditioner was causing buildup.  My mud mixes definitely leave something to be desired, but my hair was doing well. 
Then on day 6, I started using DevaCurl products because I just cannot see how I can go to the gym in the mornings and work out then have to do this regiment in the locker rooms.  Even if I do the split-option, I would still end up doing the messiest part in the women's room.  Not ideal.  So I tried the DevaCurl conditioner and gel and right off the bat, the gel is no good for my hair.  I was starting to see some definition at the roots but today my hair is very dry.
So back to the regiment for maybe another week of everyday maintenance.
Can you offer any ideas on how to make mornings away from home more obtainable?
DominicanMorenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 6:50pm
Thanks Pinkie.. I took of the cap today because I had an appointment with the dermatologist.

Edited by DominicanMorenita - Jun 25 2014 at 6:51pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style