Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 118119120121122 187>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by kwicherbichen kwicherbichen wrote:

Hey just an update:

I've been using Trader Joe's conditioner as my deep conditioner. First of all, that conditioner in combination with my oil mixture has greatly reduced my scalp irritation. I finally, earlier this week did GHE over night with NO itching whatsoever. The caveat to this was my hair had to be relatively DRY before I put on the cap. My hair was slightly damp, but not soaking wet as I had been doing previously. Also, I had been using my oil mixture daily. I still itch from time to time, but I have no soreness and no itching that feels like an allergic reaction. This oil mixture stops any itching INSTANTLY (may itch an hour later, but not as badly) and reduced my itching over time Here is my mixture:

Any oil (I used growth oil) base
MSM/sulfur
Bentonite clay
tea tree oil
garlic oil
grapefruit seed extract

I would like to play with eucalyptus oil, too and see what that might do.  But the ingreidnets I have used so far are very anti-microbial. 

Now, I am a believer in getting rid of the CAUSE of something, not just treating the symptoms. I believe my oil mixture and doing GHE on DRY hair (not wet hair!!! Wet, warm hair is a nice breeding ground for the irritating microbes) is treating the symptoms. I am looking for a dermatologist who specializes in black hair to look at my scalp. I suspect I might have a skin condition in general.

I've been experimenting with thickness, oils, and wetness. Baking soda and oil in my deep conditioner makes my hair very soft, but not more clumped. Should my deep conditioner clump or should clumping form with the mud mask?

Also, I am experimenting with doing GHE with the gel on. As in, I do the routine, at the end of the day,  I know I won't have time to do the routine again the next day. Unfortunately, my hair is not as soft the 2nd day as the 1st day. If my scalp is dry and I apply my oil, I believe I can GHE with no discomfort.

Anyway, due to this observation, I am going to make my baking soda cleanser THICKER (now it is watery) and take more care to making sure it saturates each strand. I was considering putting baking soda in my deep conditioner, but I am afraid of cleansing with ACV and then deep conditioning with baking soda. Thoughts??? And I want to start adding warm OIL to my deep conditioner.

Lastly, I have been diluting my KCCC with water and oil. Yeah, I made my KCCC last 5 times longer than it should have lasted (I am VERY heavy-handed!!!). That one tub of KCCC has lasted me 2 months. I did not see a difference in end results between when it was diluted and when it wasn't. KCCC is very expensive so I will keep diluting it. It also makes the KCCC stop flaking in your hair. If you dilute it and still get flakes, just put more water. If you use oil, use only VERY LITTLE. Like... HALF a teaspoon. I get less results if I put more oil than that and my hair feels like I put grease all over it. What I'd like to experiment with next is continue using KCCC as a "starter" and dilute it with FLAXSEED GEL (homemade). As a plus, I've heard people say that some how, the flaxseed gel helps their hair absorb more moisture than before. I don't know how that works, but why not? lol

the clumping will happen with the mud ask and with increased hydration. After your DC your hair should just feel soft and pliable, and the moisture that was there should be soaked in.

Why not just do the bakingsoda option and then deep condition? what u are saying would basically be like clarifying 3 times in a row. Don't add oo much oil to your DC. you already have it on your scalp too, so try to be easy on the oils.

I would experiment with flaxseed gel separately to get the right measurements. the ratio of flax to kccc that you use might need a little experimentation.

Personally, I've found better results layering flaxseed with kccc than mixing. I tried mixing and my hair looked normal while it was wet and then frizzed up. Same thing happened with flaxseed alone. I might have made a mixture that was to watery, but it caused my hair to loose definition as it dried and my hair felt drier. So you might need to mix a little outside the container first and experiment with different flaxseed gel water to flaxseed ratios.
Sponsored Links

DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 8:45pm
Here are my results from wash 14. Not much curl definition yet but it is start to hang more.

Before MHM

Wash Day 14

After BS

Clay Step

After Clay Step

nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 12:03am
I am on the cowash step of the MHM. I stretched for seven days....I know, I know, but I can't do it daily.....the approved conditioner has to be ordered and I don't have the time to do it everyday(I also have to do my baby's hair).
   After about 50 minutes, I washed out the ACV rinse and my roots (which have been growing for a year and) felt like butter baby! Soooo soft. I can't wait to see what happens after the clay rinse. I can't see my ringlets yet because I still have relaxed ends and have to do twist outs and rollersets, but I think I am liking this. I like the idea of not having to use commercial gel to get my curls to clump. I am not in anyway new to wash and gos....but an easier way to do them, I am new to.

Edited by nicks_hotmama06 - Jun 25 2014 at 12:04am
afrolistic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrolistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 2:53am
Hi i hope someone helps me. I see curls poppin all over ma head but they are not sepreating. They are sticking together and somtimes causes tangles. How can i make them seprate and stand alone.i am on my 3rd day . So far so gud.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 5:24am
Originally posted by afrolistic afrolistic wrote:

Hi i hope someone helps me. I see curls poppin all over ma head but they are not sepreating. They are sticking together and somtimes causes tangles. How can i make them seprate and stand alone.i am on my 3rd day . So far so gud.

Hi afrolistic, I used to get this too, I asked this question previously and this is the advice Pinke gave me:

I found a few things that have helped though, is really making sure i rake and smooth through and separate those coils in the gel step. Otherwise, two different coil clumps will want to stick together and that means it will shrink up funny looking and stuck together in a frizz clump.

Another thing that has helped, is during my bentonite clay step, making sure to really thoroughly get it on each and every curl clump. The ending result will look like a wash and go but with clay, the coils will be very separate and defined. Once you rinse out, your curls will hold the clumps better and be more separated in time for when you apply conditioner.

Lastly, make sure you aren’t getting too soft a feeling in your wash and go. This can be controlled by how wet your hair feels before you apply the gel. If your hair feels so soft it feels like there is no product, your results may be more frizzy looking upon shrinkage.

afrolistic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrolistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:17am
Thnx soo nuch ms dee. I will try this tecnic next time. I wanted to no how long does it take for your hair to dry? I washed my hair 4hrs ago and it still wet. This has never happened to me before infact my hair used to dry out less than an hour after washing. Is this a gud or bad sign.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 9:08am
@ Denzcoils, thanks for sharing your progress! SmileOne thing i recommend it to try and put the clay step on your hair and manually separate coils. You want to encourage the coils to separate during that step or they will stick together and hinder definition.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 9:09am
Originally posted by nicks_hotmama06 nicks_hotmama06 wrote:

I am on the cowash step of the MHM. I stretched for seven days....I know, I know, but I can't do it daily.....the approved conditioner has to be ordered and I don't have the time to do it everyday(I also have to do my baby's hair).
   After about 50 minutes, I washed out the ACV rinse and my roots (which have been growing for a year and) felt like butter baby! Soooo soft. I can't wait to see what happens after the clay rinse. I can't see my ringlets yet because I still have relaxed ends and have to do twist outs and rollersets, but I think I am liking this. I like the idea of not having to use commercial gel to get my curls to clump. I am not in anyway new to wash and gos....but an easier way to do them, I am new to.

Thanks for the progress update nicks_hotmama!Smile
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 9:46am
Thanks pinkecube. That is separated with the clay. That is as good as it gets right now. The mud is pretty drying to my hair and causes my hair to tangle so it is impossible to really get my coils separated at this point. And yes I am using the recipe as supplied. I've also tried it with variations of clay and with more oil.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 9:59am
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

Thanks pinkecube. That is separated with the clay. That is as good as it gets right now. The mud is pretty drying to my hair and causes my hair to tangle so it is impossible to really get my coils separated at this point. And yes I am using the recipe as supplied. I've also tried it with variations of clay and with more oil.
Your welcome Denzkoils. Keep at it, and right after rinsing it out apply watered down conditioner to your whole head and allow it to spread through your head. You hair should feel a bit softer after that. You can try adding a bit more honey instead of oil. As you continue it will start being able to clump in that step, and your hair will feel clean and soft. I would encourage separation as i'm applying it  not after, just to avoid issues. hth
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 118119120121122 187>
  Share Topic