Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
 

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 117118119120121 281>






Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 22 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 1301
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 5:51am
Pinke, could you pls let me know if these conditioners are MHM compatible? I may haye some more soon; it takes a while to go through the products and weed out the ones that I know contain no-no ingredients.

Giovanni Cosmetics Conditioner Smooth Silk - 8.5 oz

Aqua (Purified Water) with (1)Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Oil, (1)Nettle (Uritica Dioica) Oil, (1)Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil, Birch Leaf (Butela Alba) Oil, (1)Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilus Flower) Oil, (1)Clary (Salvia Sclarea), (1)Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia), (1)Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Farfara), (1) Yarrow (Achillea Millefolium) Oil, (1)Mallow (Malva Sylvestris), (1)Horsetail (Equistetum Arvense) Oil, (1)Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja), Cetyl Alcohol (plant derived), Stearalkonium Chloride, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (corn), Sodium Hydroxymethglycinate, Grapefruit Seed (citrus derived).

Giovanni Cosmetics Conditioner Tea Tree (Triple Treat) - 8.5 oz

Aqua (Purified Water) with (1) Tea Tree (Melaleucas Alternifolia), (1)Peppermint (Mentha Piperita) Oil, (1)Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Officinalis) Oil, (1)Nettle (Uritica Dioica) Oil, (1)Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil, Birch Leaf (Butela Alba) Oil, (1)Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilus Flower) Oil, (1)Clary (Salvia Sclarea), (1)Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Farfara), (1)Yarrow (Achillia Millefolium) Oil, (1)Mallow (Malva Sylvestris), (1)Horsetail (Equistetum Arvense) Oil, (1)Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja), Cetyl Alcohol (plant derived), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (corn), Sodium Hydroxymethylgycinate, Grapefruit Seed (citrus derived).

Giovanni Cosmetics Conditioner Direct - 8.5 oz (this is leave in conditioner)

Aqua (Purified Water) with (1)Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Oil, (1)Nettle (Uritica Dioica) Oil, (1)Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil, Birch Leaf (Butela Alba) Oil, (1)Clary (Salvia Sclarea), (1)Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia), (1)Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Farfara), (1)Yarrow (Achillea Millefolium) Oil, (1)Mallow (Malva Sylvestris), (1)Horsetail (Equistetum Arvense) Oil, (1)Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja), Cetyl Alcohol (plant derived), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (corn), Sodium Hydroxymethyglycinate, Grapefruit Seed (citrus derived).

Giovanni Cosmetics Nutrafixx Reconstructor ( 3 Minute Reconstructor ) - 6.8 fl oz (200 ml)
Aqua (Water) with (1)Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Oil, (1)Nettle (Uritica Dioica) Oil, (1)Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil, Birch Leaf (Butela Alba) Oil, (1)Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilus Flower) Oil, (1)Clary (Salvia Sclarea), (1)Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia), (1)Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Farfara), (1)Yarrow (Achillea Millefolium) Oil, (1)Mallow (Malva Sylvestris), (1)Horsetail (Equistetum Arvense) Oil, (1)Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja), Cetyl Alcohol (plant derived), Stearalkonium Chloride, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (corn), Sodium Hydroxymethyglycinate, Grapefruit Seed (citrus derived).

Giovanni Cosmetics Conditioner 5050 Balanced Remoisturizer - 8.5 oz
Aqua (Purified Water) with (1)Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Oil, (1)Nettle (Uritica Dioica) Oil,(1)Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil, Birch Leaf (Butela Alba) Oil, (1)Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilus Flower) Oil, (1)Clary (salvia Sclarea), (1)Lavender (Lavandula Augustifolia), (1)Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Farfara), (1) Yarrow Achillea Millefolium) Oil, (1)Mallow (Malva Sylvestris), (1)Horsetail (Equistetum Arvense) Oil, (1)Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Acetamide MEA, Cetyl Alcohol (plant derived), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (corn), Sodium Hydroxymethlgycinate, Grapefruit Seed (citrus derived).

TIA



Edited by Loves2Laugh - Jun 24 2014 at 5:52am
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
tnbrown16 View Drop Down
New Member
New Member


Joined: Jun 23 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 2
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnbrown16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 8:06am
Sorry I meant Can I seal the kckt with an oil instead of the kccc.
Back to Top
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 02 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 6128
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Loves2Laugh Loves2Laugh wrote:

Pinke, could you pls let me know if these conditioners are MHM compatible? I may haye some more soon; it takes a while to go through the products and weed out the ones that I know contain no-no ingredients.

Giovanni Cosmetics Conditioner Smooth Silk - 8.5 oz

Aqua (Purified Water) with (1)Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Oil, (1)Nettle (Uritica Dioica) Oil, (1)Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil, Birch Leaf (Butela Alba) Oil, (1)Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilus Flower) Oil, (1)Clary (Salvia Sclarea), (1)Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia), (1)Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Farfara), (1) Yarrow (Achillea Millefolium) Oil, (1)Mallow (Malva Sylvestris), (1)Horsetail (Equistetum Arvense) Oil, (1)Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja), Cetyl Alcohol (plant derived), Stearalkonium Chloride, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (corn), Sodium Hydroxymethglycinate, Grapefruit Seed (citrus derived).

Giovanni Cosmetics Conditioner Tea Tree (Triple Treat) - 8.5 oz

Aqua (Purified Water) with (1) Tea Tree (Melaleucas Alternifolia), (1)Peppermint (Mentha Piperita) Oil, (1)Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Officinalis) Oil, (1)Nettle (Uritica Dioica) Oil, (1)Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil, Birch Leaf (Butela Alba) Oil, (1)Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilus Flower) Oil, (1)Clary (Salvia Sclarea), (1)Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Farfara), (1)Yarrow (Achillia Millefolium) Oil, (1)Mallow (Malva Sylvestris), (1)Horsetail (Equistetum Arvense) Oil, (1)Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja), Cetyl Alcohol (plant derived), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (corn), Sodium Hydroxymethylgycinate, Grapefruit Seed (citrus derived).

Giovanni Cosmetics Conditioner Direct - 8.5 oz (this is leave in conditioner)

Aqua (Purified Water) with (1)Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Oil, (1)Nettle (Uritica Dioica) Oil, (1)Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil, Birch Leaf (Butela Alba) Oil, (1)Clary (Salvia Sclarea), (1)Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia), (1)Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Farfara), (1)Yarrow (Achillea Millefolium) Oil, (1)Mallow (Malva Sylvestris), (1)Horsetail (Equistetum Arvense) Oil, (1)Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja), Cetyl Alcohol (plant derived), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (corn), Sodium Hydroxymethyglycinate, Grapefruit Seed (citrus derived).

Giovanni Cosmetics Nutrafixx Reconstructor ( 3 Minute Reconstructor ) - 6.8 fl oz (200 ml)
Aqua (Water) with (1)Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Oil, (1)Nettle (Uritica Dioica) Oil, (1)Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil, Birch Leaf (Butela Alba) Oil, (1)Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilus Flower) Oil, (1)Clary (Salvia Sclarea), (1)Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia), (1)Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Farfara), (1)Yarrow (Achillea Millefolium) Oil, (1)Mallow (Malva Sylvestris), (1)Horsetail (Equistetum Arvense) Oil, (1)Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja), Cetyl Alcohol (plant derived), Stearalkonium Chloride, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (corn), Sodium Hydroxymethyglycinate, Grapefruit Seed (citrus derived).

Giovanni Cosmetics Conditioner 5050 Balanced Remoisturizer - 8.5 oz
Aqua (Purified Water) with (1)Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Oil, (1)Nettle (Uritica Dioica) Oil,(1)Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil, Birch Leaf (Butela Alba) Oil, (1)Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilus Flower) Oil, (1)Clary (salvia Sclarea), (1)Lavender (Lavandula Augustifolia), (1)Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Farfara), (1) Yarrow Achillea Millefolium) Oil, (1)Mallow (Malva Sylvestris), (1)Horsetail (Equistetum Arvense) Oil, (1)Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Acetamide MEA, Cetyl Alcohol (plant derived), Trace Minerals, Citric Acid (corn), Sodium Hydroxymethlgycinate, Grapefruit Seed (citrus derived).

TIA


 I have looked some of these up before and they are no-no's. I wouldn't be surprised that they changed the ingredients from what you provided and barely changed the label so the ingredients you shared could be before the change. I think i talked about this before with msdeekay. I'll edit this with the page it is on.

Giovanni Cosmetics Conditioner Smooth Silk
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Bromide, Phenoxythanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Natural Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Leaf Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Valencia Organge) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Echinacea Purpurea Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Ginkgo Biloba Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Extract (USDA Certified Organic), Salix Alba (Willow Bark) (USDA Certified Organic)

Giovanni Cosmetics Conditioner Tea Tree (Triple Treat
Aqua/Water/Eau (Purified), Malaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Tea Tree *), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract (Peppermint *), Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil (Eucalyptus Officinalis *), Thyme Extract (Thymus Vulgaris *), Urtica Dioica Extract (Nettle *), Tussilago Farfara Flower Extract (Coltsfoot *), Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Extract (Sage *), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract (Rosemary *), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Leaf Extract (Lavender *), Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract (Horsetail *), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (Matricaria *), Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract (*), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Brassicamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Panthenol, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Menthol, Polysorbate 60, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexyglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (includes essential oil), Certified Organic (by Guaranteed Certification Services)

Giovanni Cosmetics Conditioner Direct

Aqua (purified water)‚ Cetyl Alcohol‚ Tocopherol (Vitamin E)‚ panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5)‚ Citric Acid‚ Phenoxyethanol‚ Natural Fragrance‚ Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Extract‚ *Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice‚ *Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil‚ *Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract‚ *Betula Alba Extract‚ *Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract‚ *Achillea Millefolium extract‚ *Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender) extract‚ *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract‚ *Salvia Sclarea (Cary) extract‚ *Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Extract‚ *Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Flower Extract‚ *Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract.


Giovanni
Cosmetics Nutrafixx Reconstructor This one is the only one okay

Aqua (purified water), *helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, *glycine soja (soybean) seed extract, *betula alba (birch) extract, *malva sylvestris (mallow) extract, achillea millefolium extract, *chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, *equisetum arvense extract, * lavandula angustifolia (lavender) extract, *rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, *salvia sclarea (clary) extract, *thymus vulgaris (thyme) extract, *tussilago farfara (coltsfoot) flowerer extract, urtica dioica (nettle) extract cetyl alcohol, steralkonium chloride, tocopherol (vitamin E), citric acid, phenoxyethanol, natural fragrance


Giovanni Cosmetics
Conditioner 5050 Balanced Remoisturizer 
Purified
Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin,
Brassicamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow)
Extract (*Yarrow), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract
(*Matricaria), Equisetum Hyemale (Horsetail) Extract (*), Lavandula
Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract (*Lavender), Rosmarinus Officinalis
(Rosemary) Extract (*Rosemary), Salvia Sclarea (Clary Sage) Extract
(*Clary), Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Extract (*Thyme), Tussilago Farfara
(Coltsfoot) Flower Extract (*Coltsfoot), Urtica Dioica (Nettle)
Extract (*Nettle), Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Cetearyl Alcohol,
Hydroxypropyl Guar, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Ethylhexl
Glycerin, Disodium EDTA, Panthenol,
Centrimonium Chloride, Fragrance, Citric Acid 



Edited by pinkecube - Jun 24 2014 at 10:03am
Back to Top
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 02 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 6128
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 10:05am
Originally posted by tnbrown16 tnbrown16 wrote:

Sorry I meant Can I seal the kckt with an oil instead of the kccc.
yes you can, but i most recommend a gel or at least layering both oil nd a gel. Gel is better at sealing in moisture because it forms a cast. I do not recommend sealing with something like coconut oil.
Back to Top
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 02 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 6128
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 10:08am
Originally posted by tnbrown16 tnbrown16 wrote:

Hello All! I just began MTM last week with the cherry lola. i have noticed a difference in my and my daughters hair. I have been focusing more on her hair and try to do the treatment everyother day.( i do the split, DC over night) I have a quick question, since the KC products are so expensive. and I dont let her wear a wash and go style, would it be ok for me to seal the KCCC with an oil instead of the gel. is the gel step really necessary to seal in moisture? Just curious. Thanks for any insight on this. :-)
Hi tnbrownSmile welcome to the MHM journey. The gel step is highly recommended, gel can be used to seal no matter what the style. to save money you can even water down the gel. But even so you can use an oil, i recommend castor oil.
Back to Top
kwicherbichen View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: Sep 25 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 1794
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 11:29am
Hey just an update:

I've been using Trader Joe's conditioner as my deep conditioner. First of all, that conditioner in combination with my oil mixture has greatly reduced my scalp irritation. I finally, earlier this week did GHE over night with NO itching whatsoever. The caveat to this was my hair had to be relatively DRY before I put on the cap. My hair was slightly damp, but not soaking wet as I had been doing previously. Also, I had been using my oil mixture daily. I still itch from time to time, but I have no soreness and no itching that feels like an allergic reaction. This oil mixture stops any itching INSTANTLY (may itch an hour later, but not as badly) and reduced my itching over time Here is my mixture:

Any oil (I used growth oil) base
MSM/sulfur
Bentonite clay
tea tree oil
garlic oil
grapefruit seed extract

I would like to play with eucalyptus oil, too and see what that might do.  But the ingreidnets I have used so far are very anti-microbial. 

Now, I am a believer in getting rid of the CAUSE of something, not just treating the symptoms. I believe my oil mixture and doing GHE on DRY hair (not wet hair!!! Wet, warm hair is a nice breeding ground for the irritating microbes) is treating the symptoms. I am looking for a dermatologist who specializes in black hair to look at my scalp. I suspect I might have a skin condition in general.

I've been experimenting with thickness, oils, and wetness. Baking soda and oil in my deep conditioner makes my hair very soft, but not more clumped. Should my deep conditioner clump or should clumping form with the mud mask?

Also, I am experimenting with doing GHE with the gel on. As in, I do the routine, at the end of the day,  I know I won't have time to do the routine again the next day. Unfortunately, my hair is not as soft the 2nd day as the 1st day. If my scalp is dry and I apply my oil, I believe I can GHE with no discomfort.

Anyway, due to this observation, I am going to make my baking soda cleanser THICKER (now it is watery) and take more care to making sure it saturates each strand. I was considering putting baking soda in my deep conditioner, but I am afraid of cleansing with ACV and then deep conditioning with baking soda. Thoughts??? And I want to start adding warm OIL to my deep conditioner.

Lastly, I have been diluting my KCCC with water and oil. Yeah, I made my KCCC last 5 times longer than it should have lasted (I am VERY heavy-handed!!!). That one tub of KCCC has lasted me 2 months. I did not see a difference in end results between when it was diluted and when it wasn't. KCCC is very expensive so I will keep diluting it. It also makes the KCCC stop flaking in your hair. If you dilute it and still get flakes, just put more water. If you use oil, use only VERY LITTLE. Like... HALF a teaspoon. I get less results if I put more oil than that and my hair feels like I put grease all over it. What I'd like to experiment with next is continue using KCCC as a "starter" and dilute it with FLAXSEED GEL (homemade). As a plus, I've heard people say that some how, the flaxseed gel helps their hair absorb more moisture than before. I don't know how that works, but why not? lol


Edited by kwicherbichen - Jun 24 2014 at 12:07pm
Back to Top
bohomojo View Drop Down
New Member
New Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 08 2014
Location: School
Status: Offline
Points: 93
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bohomojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 3:12pm
Thanks for the tips on the gel and the coconut oil. I don't use cooking oil period and the only two oils I have on hand are castor oil and coconut oil. Can I use the castor oil instead of the coconut oil? Also, the castor oil is very thick, how can I make it smoother and less thick?

Thanks for answering my questions.
Back to Top
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 02 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 6128
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by bohomojo bohomojo wrote:

Thanks for the tips on the gel and the coconut oil. I don't use cooking oil period and the only two oils I have on hand are castor oil and coconut oil. Can I use the castor oil instead of the coconut oil? Also, the castor oil is very thick, how can I make it smoother and less thick?

Thanks for answering my questions.
your welcome bohomojo, castor oil is fine. You can mix it with extra virgin olive oil, which is actually what i did after i last used it.
Back to Top
bohomojo View Drop Down
New Member
New Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 08 2014
Location: School
Status: Offline
Points: 93
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bohomojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 3:57pm
Okay my last set of questions before I start washing my hair.

I sit under the dryer and deep condition my hair. Is that okay? Its on low and I use a plastic bag and a shower cap.

Has anyone tried making their own conditioner/moisturizer?

For the clay rinse part, I do it in sections but i can't necessarily do it by clumps/coils since I have about 8-10 inches of relaxed ends. Also, can i heat up the rinse so its a bit warm? I did it like that before and the coconut oil scare didn't happen, but I just want to make sure it is okay.

Once I wash out the rinse, I have an oil moisturizer (in cream form). Must I use a different conditioner first before using the oil moisturizer? Since I am roller setting my hair, must I use a gel? If so, I'm going to water it down a lot. (I have a thickness problem. I cannot stand thick products unless they are creamy.)

While touching my hair out of the random yesterday, I found a couple of coils clumped together perfectly and I am wondering if that is what I should be looking for when I reach maximum hydration(which will take centuries for me).

Last question, will my hair be able to reach maximum hydration quicker when I big chop?

No one is obligated to answer a single question. I just need to ask them all. 

Thanks again.
Back to Top
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 02 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 6128
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by bohomojo bohomojo wrote:

Okay my last set of questions before I start washing my hair.

I sit under the dryer and deep condition my hair. Is that okay? Its on low and I use a plastic bag and a shower cap.

Has anyone tried making their own conditioner/moisturizer?

For the clay rinse part, I do it in sections but i can't necessarily do it by clumps/coils since I have about 8-10 inches of relaxed ends. Also, can i heat up the rinse so its a bit warm? I did it like that before and the coconut oil scare didn't happen, but I just want to make sure it is okay.

Once I wash out the rinse, I have an oil moisturizer (in cream form). Must I use a different conditioner first before using the oil moisturizer? Since I am roller setting my hair, must I use a gel? If so, I'm going to water it down a lot. (I have a thickness problem. I cannot stand thick products unless they are creamy.)

While touching my hair out of the random yesterday, I found a couple of coils clumped together perfectly and I am wondering if that is what I should be looking for when I reach maximum hydration(which will take centuries for me).

Last question, will my hair be able to reach maximum hydration quicker when I big chop?

No one is obligated to answer a single question. I just need to ask them all. 

Thanks again.


It's perfectly okay, just like using a thermal heating cap. The heat in this case is going to help your hair absorb the moisture since it will be trapped by the cap.Like deep conditioning.

I haven't tried that, but maybe someone else could answer. It should be fine, as long as they aren't mixing some olive oil with aloe juice and calling it conditioner. It needs to be emulsified and water based.

yes that's fine. I recommend just using heated water and adding the heated water to the clay rinse. If the moisturizer is oil based, yes you need to use conditioner first. You can use an oil, but i recommend gel because it is better at sealing in moisture. Either way use what you prefer. Just make sure you are sealing with something, and it isn't glycerin or coconut oil.

Cool, to hear your first signs of max hydration on your transitioning hair! yes look for signs like that for max hydration. As for if your hair will reach max hydration quicker when you big chop, I couldn't answer that for sure. I think that with less hair it is possible to see results faster.



Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 117118119120121 281>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down