Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 292>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bohomojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bohomojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 1:52pm
My relaxed ends are still dry. I don't know what else to do to make them more moisturized. Also, is there anything I can do to the L.A. styling gel to make it less thick?
Sponsored Links

msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by afrolistic afrolistic wrote:

Hi yall i finally did the method. My hair is looking pretty good. But i uave one problem after my hair airdries it was still white. I thought it will go after it dried bt still remained. Pls what did i do wrong. Thnx
I want to what tools are recommended for detangling.

Hi afrolistic, happy to hear your hair is looking good Clap

I had the same issue when I first started the regimen, you can see the progression of my wash and go in the picture below:

You can read my thoughts and reflection on the blog:
http://www.msdeekay.com/4030/maximum-hydration-method-on-4c-hair-before-and-after/

I think it's a couple of reasons.
1. I think as I did the regimen for a longer time my hair was getting better at absorbing moisture and product.
2. The technique. I think it takes a lot of trial and error and practice to get the leave in & gel part right. 
This could be the amount of conditioner, how watered down it is and how much gel. Also how you apply it, going in smaller sections helps as well. Watch Pinke's demo video a couple times and try to practice. It will take some time but it will get better.

I remember watching danabnaturals and she didn't like KCCC on her hair for a while. When she tried it again after getting to max hydration, she liked it much better. 

For detangling it is recommended to only use our fingers. Because combs can disrupt our natural coil/curl pattern. With the fingers you can actually feel the shed hair and slide them out as you detangle.

Edited by msdeekay - Jun 23 2014 at 9:38pm
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by bohomojo bohomojo wrote:

My relaxed ends are still dry. I don't know what else to do to make them more moisturized. Also, is there anything I can do to the L.A. styling gel to make it less thick?

Others here on the forum have talked about watering down KCCC, I have tried it and it worked out great for me Smile Maybe you could try the same for the LA styling gel. Would love to hear your review/thoughts on this gel as compared to what you were using previously(is it KCCC?)

Wish I could give you advice on your relaxed ends...can anyone else chime in, Pinke what are your thoughts?
waveyrus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote waveyrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 5:10pm
So I was having the white residue problem from KCCC like others. I put oil on my hair before I put the gel on. This seems to help with the white cast problem. 
waveyrus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote waveyrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 5:17pm
Someone asked about more info about my hair:

My hair is thin and medium to low density
Which makes my hair really fluffy

My length is shoulder length in most places, the front is just pass chin length 
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Originally posted by bohomojo bohomojo wrote:

Others here on the forum have talked about watering down KCCC, I have tried it and it worked out great for me Smile Maybe you could try the same for the LA styling gel. Would love to hear your review/thoughts on this gel as compared to what you were using previously(is it KCCC?)

Wish I could give you advice on your relaxed ends...can anyone else chime in, Pinke what are your thoughts?

Bohomojo, what are you using for the conditioning step? Are you doing the deep condition overnight option or doing all the steps at once? If you are doing it at once make sure not to skip out on heating water and adding it to conditioner when you wear the shower cap for ten minutes. You may benefit from using a steamer or thermal heating cap to really help the moisture penetrate. Other than that, give it some time, maybe it will just take awhile for moisture to spread to those areas.
tnbrown16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnbrown16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 8:53pm
Hello All! I just began MTM last week with the cherry lola. i have noticed a difference in my and my daughters hair. I have been focusing more on her hair and try to do the treatment everyother day.( i do the split, DC over night) I have a quick question, since the KC products are so expensive. and I dont let her wear a wash and go style, would it be ok for me to seal the KCCC with an oil instead of the gel. is the gel step really necessary to seal in moisture? Just curious. Thanks for any insight on this. :-)
afrolistic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrolistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 3:22am
Hi msdeekay thnx for the info i checked your site it look reali kool. I didnt detangled my hair before startin the regime i tried using my fingers but it seem u couldnt still all the shed hairs out. I will give it rime maybe as i do the regime everyday it will eventualy get better. About the white hair i will be diluting my kccc and add som oil. I have also diluting my kckt per your recomandation on your video. I will see how it goes and report back. Thnx
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 5:33am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by Loves2Laugh Loves2Laugh wrote:

Pinkecube: could you pls let me which of these gels are MHM compatible? They’re both Giovanni L.A. Natural but for some reason they have different ingredients.

Giovanni Cosmetics L.A. Natural Gel - 6.8 oz

Aqua (Purified Water) with (1)Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Oil, (1) Nettle (Urtica Dioica) Oil, (1)Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil, (1)Birch Leaf (Butela Alba) Oil, (1)Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilus Flower) Oil, (1)Clary (Salvia Sclarea), (1)Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia), (1)Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Farfara), (1)Yarrow (Achillea Millefolium) Oil, (1)Mallow (Malva Sylvestris), (1)Horsetail (Equistetum Arvense) Oil, PVP/VA Copolymer, (1)Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja), Hydroxyethylcellulose (plant derived), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Citric Acid (corn), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Grapefruit Seed (citrus derived).

Giovanni Cosmetics L.A. Natural Styling Gel - 2 oz 

Infusion of Rosemary Extract, Nettles Extract, Thyme Extract, Birch Leaf Extract, Chamomile Extract, Sage Extract, StJohn's Wort Extract, Coltsfoot Extract, Mallow Extract, Balm Mint Extract, Horsetail Extract, Red Clover Extract, Soy, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Cellosize, I.P.A., PVP K30, Stearikonium, Chloride, Kelp, Mineral Trace Elements, DL Panthenol, Cinnamate

I bolded the problem ingredients, but you can see they are few and down the list. Both of these gels are a-okay.Thumbs Up
Thanks!
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 5:38am
Originally posted by waveyrus waveyrus wrote:

Someone asked about more info about my hair:

My hair is thin and medium to low density
Which makes my hair really fluffy

My length is shoulder length in most places, the front is just pass chin length 
It was me - thanks!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 292>