Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 115116117118119 292>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 4:15am

Hi all! Pinke, MsDeeKay or anyone that can answer please weigh in. My MHM approved Tresemme conditioner was delivered today. I'm on DAY 5 of the first 7 days (I missed 2 days this wk so they are not consecutive). Anyway, right now I'm on STEP 3 CLAY RINSE and was wondering your thoughts about switching to the TRES for STEP 4 even though I used KCKT for STEP 2 earlier. I'm just really excited about trying out the TRES condish. LOL! I guess I can wait until DAY 6 (tomorrow) & use it for STEPS 2 & 4 but let me know what you think. Also, I have the following question anyone that is already using TRES as their condish or Pinke, etc:

1.) TRES is thick too - do we water it down as well? If so, what's the ratio? Same as KCKT? Would that apply to ANY MHM approved condish (watering down, I mean)? NOTE: I have a TWA, if it matters.

I see an improvement in my hair. Still tons of frizz especially at my crown before and after STEPS 4 & 5. I'm still trying to figure out these steps. My hair still feels super soft after clarifying w/Baking Soda & tangly after the Clay Rinse. I hate that tangly feeling ARGH! My crown is the worse. What else? Oh.. my hair feel dry (no moisture) after it completely dries after all the steps. Rough and dry. I know I have a ways to go towards hydration, just wanted to note that. I hope to post pics this w/e. I have pics of my STEPS during the first 3 days and then I'll make sure to take pics of my STEPS during DAYS 6 & 7 (I didn't take any today).
[/QUOTE]

I haven't used tresseme so someone else will have to answer your question. But if you think it's thick enough when you use it, water it down. Right after the bentonite rinse, you can run the shower water over your hair and apply conditioner to your roots and let the conditioner run through your hair. This will help you instantly absorb some moisture and then you can just continue on with step 4 and 5 as you go along. We'll see if it gets better. What are you using for the clay step? Just wanted to see if you were doing the mixture or terresentials.

[/QUOTE]

I know someone who is using the tressemme she told me she waters it down the same way we do for the kckt and trader joes. But I'll double check with her when I'm able to get hold of her.
Sponsored Links

NikkiNatural View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NikkiNatural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 5:27pm
Hello all! Thank you Pinke, MsDeeKay and everyone that has been posting such great info.  I've been lurking here on the forum and on Youtube for a while now and decided to try the MHM a few days ago (I started with a Cherry Lola Caramel Treatment and I'm on day 3 now).  I’m really loving this so far! I’m starting to see some improvement in my 4a/4b hair but I had SUPER dry hair so I'm sure I have a ways to go.  I had wonderful results from the Cherry Lola Caramel. The next day I clarified using the baking soda option and then DC’d overnight with watered down TJ Tea Tree Tingle. I don’t know if I used too much baking soda or left it on too long but my hair felt kind of stripped and I didn’t seem to have as much definition.  I also noticed that the TJ Tea Tree was tingling like crazy! I’ve been using TJ Tea Tree for over a year and I’ve never felt it tingle like that. Either I did something wrong with my baking soda mixture or my hair/scalp has never really been clarified and I’ve had product residue just sitting in my hair all this time (ick!). I was a frequent co-washer before starting MHM so that could be it.  Anyway my hair felt better that day after finishing all the steps (I’m using Terresentials for clay rinse and kckt and kccc for leave in and gel). This time around I chose the ACV option and my hair seems to like that better. I even noticed a few curl formations that had root to tip definition which is a good sign! Its pretty time consuming but hopefully that will change as I get closer to max hydration. Honestly it’s just nice to finally have a regimen/routine that is healthy for my hair.  Before I was all over the place and was constantly jumping on the latest new product bandwagon, no wonder my hair was stressed!  I will keep at it and hopefully report back with some good progress.  Thanks again to all of you wonderful ladies!

CheeryOh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CheeryOh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 6:12pm
I'm still having good results with the MHM.  I'm still using twist-outs over wash and gos because I still have a ways to go in getting to max hydration.  Someone asked if longer hair took more time to hydrate and it might, but I've only done the method about 10 times.  I can't believe that I'm actually enjoying washing my hair now.  I'm like a mad scientist, stepping out of the shower after step 3 to see the progress.  And even though I'm not still big on the WnG (residual brainwashing from thinking that I couldn't do it), I can still style my hair however I like including heatless blowouts on occasion.  My hair is bigger now, not from being teased or styled differently, but something like the difference between a shriveled dry sponge and a damp one.

I tried making the bentonite clay, and couldn't quite get a good consistency.  I even considered using a hand mixer to blend it better, but remembered that the beaters are metal and betonite clay and metal are strictly forbidden.  I ended up switching back to terressentials' left coast lemon and though my hair felt drier using it, it sped up the process.  I bought the terressentials in lavender and there was quite a difference from the lemon.  Even before MHM, I remember some people saying the the lavender was not as drying as the lemon.

If anyone does use terressentials or is considering it, I recommend using the lavender over the lemon.  Yes, they both still have aloe vera juice, but there is a difference between the two.

Has anyone spent any time on 4cHairChick.com?  I think it would be a great way to spread the word about the method and there are a quite a few people that look like they could benefit from it. Just FYI.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by NikkiNatural NikkiNatural wrote:

Hello all! Thank you Pinke, MsDeeKay and everyone that has been posting such great info.  I've been lurking here on the forum and on Youtube for a while now and decided to try the MHM a few days ago (I started with a Cherry Lola Caramel Treatment and I'm on day 3 now).  I’m really loving this so far! I’m starting to see some improvement in my 4a/4b hair but I had SUPER dry hair so I'm sure I have a ways to go.  I had wonderful results from the Cherry Lola Caramel. The next day I clarified using the baking soda option and then DC’d overnight with watered down TJ Tea Tree Tingle. I don’t know if I used too much baking soda or left it on too long but my hair felt kind of stripped and I didn’t seem to have as much definition.  I also noticed that the TJ Tea Tree was tingling like crazy! I’ve been using TJ Tea Tree for over a year and I’ve never felt it tingle like that. Either I did something wrong with my baking soda mixture or my hair/scalp has never really been clarified and I’ve had product residue just sitting in my hair all this time (ick!). I was a frequent co-washer before starting MHM so that could be it.  Anyway my hair felt better that day after finishing all the steps (I’m using Terresentials for clay rinse and kckt and kccc for leave in and gel). This time around I chose the ACV option and my hair seems to like that better. I even noticed a few curl formations that had root to tip definition which is a good sign! Its pretty time consuming but hopefully that will change as I get closer to max hydration. Honestly it’s just nice to finally have a regimen/routine that is healthy for my hair.  Before I was all over the place and was constantly jumping on the latest new product bandwagon, no wonder my hair was stressed!  I will keep at it and hopefully report back with some good progress.  Thanks again to all of you wonderful ladies!

Hi NikkiNatural, welcome to the MHM journey!Smile Thanks for the progress report, good to hear your results! If you find the bakingsoda option was too stripping, next time add a bit more conditioner into the mix. If your hair liked the acv, you can even decide to alternate between the two options. It does get better overtime, after the first week you are able to stretch to 3 days. By the time you get total max hydration, you may decide to calm down how frequently you repeat the regimen, since your hair will be in a better state and all you'll be doing is maintaining it.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by CheeryOh CheeryOh wrote:

I'm still having good results with the MHM.  I'm still using twist-outs over wash and gos because I still have a ways to go in getting to max hydration.  Someone asked if longer hair took more time to hydrate and it might, but I've only done the method about 10 times.  I can't believe that I'm actually enjoying washing my hair now.  I'm like a mad scientist, stepping out of the shower after step 3 to see the progress.  And even though I'm not still big on the WnG (residual brainwashing from thinking that I couldn't do it), I can still style my hair however I like including heatless blowouts on occasion.  My hair is bigger now, not from being teased or styled differently, but something like the difference between a shriveled dry sponge and a damp one.

I tried making the bentonite clay, and couldn't quite get a good consistency.  I even considered using a hand mixer to blend it better, but remembered that the beaters are metal and betonite clay and metal are strictly forbidden.  I ended up switching back to terressentials' left coast lemon and though my hair felt drier using it, it sped up the process.  I bought the terressentials in lavender and there was quite a difference from the lemon.  Even before MHM, I remember some people saying the the lavender was not as drying as the lemon.

If anyone does use terressentials or is considering it, I recommend using the lavender over the lemon.  Yes, they both still have aloe vera juice, but there is a difference between the two.

Has anyone spent any time on 4cHairChick.com?  I think it would be a great way to spread the word about the method and there are a quite a few people that look like they could benefit from it. Just FYI.

LOL CherryOh, "like a mad scientist". I just love how everyone seems to actually enjoy the process of wetting their hair where as before most of us dreaded it and our shrinkage. When you see improvement each time you do your hair, it makes you feel like your effort is worth it! Thank you for those updates, and the recommendation for the lavender Terresensials for those who want use it with less crunch. I agree about 4chairchick.com, getting featured would be great to spread MHM to more 4c/4b naturals. It's something I feel Msdeekay might be able to be the "face" of as well.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 7:04am

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 22 2014 at 9:23am
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 3:17pm

Pinkecube: could you pls let me which of these gels are MHM compatible? They’re both Giovanni L.A. Natural but for some reason they have different ingredients.

Giovanni Cosmetics L.A. Natural Gel - 6.8 oz

Aqua (Purified Water) with (1)Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Oil, (1) Nettle (Urtica Dioica) Oil, (1)Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil, (1)Birch Leaf (Butela Alba) Oil, (1)Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilus Flower) Oil, (1)Clary (Salvia Sclarea), (1)Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia), (1)Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Farfara), (1)Yarrow (Achillea Millefolium) Oil, (1)Mallow (Malva Sylvestris), (1)Horsetail (Equistetum Arvense) Oil, PVP/VA Copolymer, (1)Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja), Hydroxyethylcellulose (plant derived), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Citric Acid (corn), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Grapefruit Seed (citrus derived).

Giovanni Cosmetics L.A. Natural Styling Gel - 2 oz 

Infusion of Rosemary Extract, Nettles Extract, Thyme Extract, Birch Leaf Extract, Chamomile Extract, Sage Extract, StJohn's Wort Extract, Coltsfoot Extract, Mallow Extract, Balm Mint Extract, Horsetail Extract, Red Clover Extract, Soy, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Cellosize, I.P.A., PVP K30, Stearikonium, Chloride, Kelp, Mineral Trace Elements, DL Panthenol, Cinnamate

pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Loves2Laugh Loves2Laugh wrote:

Pinkecube: could you pls let me which of these gels are MHM compatible? They’re both Giovanni L.A. Natural but for some reason they have different ingredients.

Giovanni Cosmetics L.A. Natural Gel - 6.8 oz

Aqua (Purified Water) with (1)Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Oil, (1) Nettle (Urtica Dioica) Oil, (1)Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) Oil, (1)Birch Leaf (Butela Alba) Oil, (1)Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilus Flower) Oil, (1)Clary (Salvia Sclarea), (1)Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia), (1)Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Farfara), (1)Yarrow (Achillea Millefolium) Oil, (1)Mallow (Malva Sylvestris), (1)Horsetail (Equistetum Arvense) Oil, PVP/VA Copolymer, (1)Soybean Protein (Glycine Soja), Hydroxyethylcellulose (plant derived), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Citric Acid (corn), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Grapefruit Seed (citrus derived).

Giovanni Cosmetics L.A. Natural Styling Gel - 2 oz 

Infusion of Rosemary Extract, Nettles Extract, Thyme Extract, Birch Leaf Extract, Chamomile Extract, Sage Extract, StJohn's Wort Extract, Coltsfoot Extract, Mallow Extract, Balm Mint Extract, Horsetail Extract, Red Clover Extract, Soy, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Cellosize, I.P.A., PVP K30, Stearikonium, Chloride, Kelp, Mineral Trace Elements, DL Panthenol, Cinnamate

I bolded the problem ingredients, but you can see they are few and down the list. Both of these gels are a-okay.Thumbs Up
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2014 at 5:58pm
They have that gel at my grocery store down the street. I'm trying to reduce costs as much as possible being a college student and all, lol.

So right now my product list is looking like..

$7 giovanni gel
$4 tea tree tingle
$6 aztec healing clay

for a total of $17! and even if i choose to use KCCC it's only $26 which isn't bad at all.

Also watering down the conditioner is pure genius and a bottle of conditioner lasts me like almost 2 months
afrolistic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrolistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 11:37am
Hi yall i finally did the method. My hair is looking pretty good. But i uave one problem after my hair airdries it was still white. I thought it will go after it dried bt still remained. Pls what did i do wrong. Thnx
I want to what tools are recommended for detangling.

Edited by afrolistic - Jun 23 2014 at 12:43pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 115116117118119 292>