Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 113114115116117 281>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrolistic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrolistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 1:03pm
Hi pimke how many oz is 2cups. Nd i have twa so can i used 1 cup of yorghurt and clay and conditioner. Thnx
Sponsored Links

FaNcee NATURAL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaNcee NATURAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 2:33pm
Hi All!!! Ms Dee Kay/Pinkecube, has anyone used a Denman Brush during any phase of steps
1 - 5??? I tried it today during my deep conditionig phase and it really helped to smooth and separate my strands and curls. Also, I wrapped my hair with Saran Wrap and instead of using ny heat cap I sat under my dryer for 20 minutes

And I think i figured out why my hair swelled after the clay rinse. I purchased some Raw Honey to replace what I had been using. Instead of adjusting the measurement to add some to my bottle with the remainder of pre-made clay rinse I had been using, I just poured I think too much into the mix. Correct me if Im Wrong but Honey is an humectant right??? Is that possibly why my hair just swelled up and lost definition??? Anyway, today I made a new half batch, adjusting the measurements exactly . Do you think that would correct the probobleml??? Or is it possibly because my hair is high porosity I believe and it just absorbed too much moisture because of the raw Honey or do you think the CHERRY LOLA CARAMEL I did last night may have something to do with ot?? This is day 5 for me and Im excited about my progress
Loves2Laugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loves2Laugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 3:17pm
@Pinke: thanks for your help. Re the baking soda - I haven't used on my hair yet. I'm planning to use it tomorrow but I have a v sensitive scalp which reacts to lots of things so I'm working out if it will best to use 1-2 teasp for the normal amount of time, or 1-2 tablespoons and reduce the time.

Re getting things on my scalp:  I've had to become choosy about what I put on so I already know my conditioners, oils and Rhassoul are fine. In fact Rhassoul was one of the only things that helped to grow in my temples, which were severely damaged.

Re baggying: I use small disposable bin liners bought solely for this purpose and throw them away after each use. I won't be able to use my heat cap overnight as it's electric, but I may try stretching the time I spend under there to 1-2 hours.

Thanks again.

Edited by Loves2Laugh - Jun 20 2014 at 3:24pm
kaforres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaforres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 5:32pm
Ok I have some conditioner that I bought before I found out about the MHM. It's rapunzel protein deep conditioner, will be okay if I use this as well, because I don't want to waste any products.

Here are the ingredients:
Water, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Lactate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Stearoyl Alcohol, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Cetyl Alcohol, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil, Lecithin, Hydrolyzed Protein, Lanolin, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Wheat Germ Oil, Peppermint Oil, Menthol Fd&C Yellow 5.
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 6:08pm
Hi all! Pinke, MsDeeKay or anyone that can answer please weigh in. My MHM approved Tresemme conditioner was delivered today. I'm on DAY 5 of the first 7 days (I missed 2 days this wk so they are not consecutive). Anyway, right now I'm on STEP 3 CLAY RINSE and was wondering your thoughts about switching to the TRES for STEP 4 even though I used KCKT for STEP 2 earlier. I'm just really excited about trying out the TRES condish. LOL! I guess I can wait until DAY 6 (tomorrow) & use it for STEPS 2 & 4 but let me know what you think. Also, I have the following question anyone that is already using TRES as their condish or Pinke, etc:

1.) TRES is thick too - do we water it down as well? If so, what's the ratio? Same as KCKT? Would that apply to ANY MHM approved condish (watering down, I mean)? NOTE: I have a TWA, if it matters.

I see an improvement in my hair. Still tons of frizz especially at my crown before and after STEPS 4 & 5. I'm still trying to figure out these steps. My hair still feels super soft after clarifying w/Baking Soda & tangly after the Clay Rinse. I hate that tangly feeling ARGH! My crown is the worse. What else? Oh.. my hair feel dry (no moisture) after it completely dries after all the steps. Rough and dry. I know I have a ways to go towards hydration, just wanted to note that. I hope to post pics this w/e. I have pics of my STEPS during the first 3 days and then I'll make sure to take pics of my STEPS during DAYS 6 & 7 (I didn't take any today).
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by kaforres kaforres wrote:

Ok I have some conditioner that I bought before I found out about the MHM. It's rapunzel protein deep conditioner, will be okay if I use this as well, because I don't want to waste any products.

It's a No-No. You can use it, no one's forcing you to waste your product if you don't feel comfortable with that. But these products contain ingredient that can set you back and build up. You would just be doing the regimen but it wouldn't yeild as good results. Especially if your hair is 4c or 4b, it's going to be sensitive to these ingredients. You are asking for a dramatic change here, so that's why it's necessary to be strict to see results more quickly. I wouldn't recommend this product.

rapunzel protein deep conditioner

ingredients:
Water, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Lactate, Distearyldimonium Chloride(high on the ingredient list, can build up but since it's only 1 quat salt it might not be too bad), Stearoyl Alcohol, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Cetyl Alcohol, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil, Lecithin, Hydrolyzed Protein, Lanolin, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Wheat Germ Oil, Peppermint Oil, Menthol Fd&C Yellow 5
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by FaNcee NATURAL FaNcee NATURAL wrote:

Hi All!!! Ms Dee Kay/Pinkecube, has anyone used a Denman Brush during any phase of steps
1 - 5??? I tried it today during my deep conditionig phase and it really helped to smooth and separate my strands and curls. Also, I wrapped my hair with Saran Wrap and instead of using ny heat cap I sat under my dryer for 20 minutes

And I think i figured out why my hair swelled after the clay rinse. I purchased some Raw Honey to replace what I had been using. Instead of adjusting the measurement to add some to my bottle with the remainder of pre-made clay rinse I had been using, I just poured I think too much into the mix. Correct me if Im Wrong but Honey is an humectant right??? Is that possibly why my hair just swelled up and lost definition??? Anyway, today I made a new half batch, adjusting the measurements exactly . Do you think that would correct the probobleml??? Or is it possibly because my hair is high porosity I believe and it just absorbed too much moisture because of the raw Honey or do you think the CHERRY LOLA CARAMEL I did last night may have something to do with ot?? This is day 5 for me and Im excited about my progress

Good question FaNcee Natural .....I've been wondering about the Denman brush myself b/c my hair is so short (TWA). I modified mine a long time ago so that it only has four rows & wouldn't mind using it if okay'd...
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by FaNcee NATURAL FaNcee NATURAL wrote:

I personally don't recommend combs and brushes, because they tend to pull out hair. Especially since you'll be working with your hair wet a lot. I recommend finger detangling, as it's better at getting out shed hairs with out yanking on other hairs ripping through tangles, etc. Also brushes tend to force the curls to clumpwhere they don't necessarily go naturally and separate the other curls, and I would recommend letting you hair clump the way it wants to naturally so it can stay in those clumps and return to them more readily. You can use it if it works for you, though. I do like the lorretta featherwood brush better though. It really depends on your personal experience with it, so if you guys like it and it isn't giving issues than you can use it.

Yes honey is a humectant. The issue is if you pour too much oil or honey or even water, these are going to buffer the effects of the bentonite clay so your hair wouldn't get as clarified. And so that would effect your results. Correcting the measurements should fix that.

Edited by pinkecube - Jun 20 2014 at 6:25pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Loves2Laugh Loves2Laugh wrote:

@Pinke: thanks for your help. Re the baking soda - I haven't used on my hair yet. I'm planning to use it tomorrow but I have a v sensitive scalp which reacts to lots of things so I'm working out if it will best to use 1-2 teasp for the normal amount of time, or 1-2 tablespoons and reduce the time.

Re getting things on my scalp:  I've had to become choosy about what I put on so I already know my conditioners, oils and Rhassoul are fine. In fact Rhassoul was one of the only things that helped to grow in my temples, which were severely damaged.

Re baggying: I use small disposable bin liners bought solely for this purpose and throw them away after each use. I won't be able to use my heat cap overnight as it's electric, but I may try stretching the time I spend under there to 1-2 hours.

Thanks again.

Your welcome Loves2laugh. I have actually slept with the electric heating cap, lol. But use it as you are comfortable. That's good about the bin liners.
juan_mos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juan_mos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2014 at 6:29pm
PINKE I bought a bunch of new products from EntwinePinch before finding out about MHM... I'm probably gonna be out of luck with them (hopefully I can sell them or something since they are unopened), but will you take a look at the ingredients & let me know if any of them are a go please?:

Créme Jelle Styler:

Water, Isopropyl Myristate, Oleth-20, Polyacrylate-14, Candilla Wax, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Stearic Acid , Propylene Glycol, Behenyltrimonium Chloride, Ceteareth 25 , Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol (Hair Strengthening Complex), Ethyl Hexylmethoxycinnamate, Fragrance, PEG-90M, Aminomethylpropanol, Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate Phenoxyethanol

Exotique Butter Créme Hydrator:

Balsamic Butter-Oyl™ Blend* of: (Shorea Stenoptera Seed (Illipee) Butter, Indica angifera (Mango) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Punica granatum (Pomegranate) Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Fruit Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Fruit Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene and Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer), Water, Glycerin, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Ceteareth-20, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Polysorbate 80, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ceteareth-25, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-32, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, PEG-75 Lanolin, Fragrance, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil and BHA and BHT, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin

Créme De La Mold:

Deionized Water Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Ceteareth-20 Cetyl Alcohol Beeswax VP/Methacrylamide/Vinyl Imidazole Copolymer Polyquaternium-7 Myristyl Myristate Isopropyl Palmitate Elaeis guineensis (Palm) Oil Polyacrylate-14 Dimethicone Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Shorea Stenoptera Seed Butter Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter Carnuba Wax PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate C12-15 Alkyl Lactate PEG-90M Aminopropanol Fragrance Phenoxyethanol Propylene Glycol (and) Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbomate

{AFRODISIA 9} Exotique Leave-In:

THIS WAS ALL ON THEIR SITE but my bottle has a bunch of other 'technical' ingredients that I can't see (so small) or care to try to type out: Butter-Oyl BlendTM ~An artfully crafted blend of Illipe, Mango Seed, Shea Butters & Avocado, Wheat Germ, Palm Fruit Oils, Aloe, Vegetable Protein + Biotin

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style